Westgate Hotel

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We hosted our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at the Westgate Hotel on June 14th. From the beginning and all the way through the planning process to the execution, this has been a flawless experience. Jennifer Emerzian, our sales manager has been a dream come true to work with. I have been planning events for many years and I can honestly state that Jennifer is a rare Gem. The hotel is exquisitely appointed and the perfect location for any elegant affair. The staff is professional, accommodating and extremely polite. We hosted our ceremony and reception in the Versailles Ballroom and could not have been more pleased. The space is absolutely stunning, and is the perfect backdrop for a wedding or corporate reception. I would highly recommend this venue again and again. Jennifer was spot on with everything, offering advice and suggestions that I had never considered. She answered all of my many emails with efficiently and was my saving grace in planning a beautiful event on short notice. I could not have asked for or expected anything more and am so grateful that Jen took such great care to ensure that my daughter's wedding was perfect. The execution was just as exceptional as the planning process. The "day of" event staff treated our guests as if they were royalty. Our guests were extremely impressed with their experience and the food was outstanding. No one had to ask for anything and the hotel staff went above and beyond to make our special day event more grand and beautiful. I highly recommend the Westgate Hotel. Whether you are planning a corporate or social event, or a weekend get-away, this is THE hotel in San Diego. Oh and the beds are like sleeping on a cloud!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

From start to finish we were taken back with the professionalism, kindness and pure joy of the staff at The Westgate. Our guests had even commented to us that the staff was so lovely and made their stay there feel warm and welcome. The Westgate is a beautiful venue for a reception, classy, timeless and elegant. The food was amazing! My husband and I are very particular about our meals, we admit ... Almost food snobs ... And our meals at the ceremony were mouthwatering! We had the halibut and the beef tenderloin served as our main entree at our reception and everyone raved about the meal. We will be returning as guests at The Westgate as we were so pleased with everything!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 person found this review helpful

We loved our wedding at the Westgate Hotel. We opted for a brunch wedding (very affordable for what we received) where the ceremony and reception were in the same room and our guests could help themselves to the Sunday buffet. The food was amazing!!! Our guests many times said they have not enjoyed better food at any previous weddings. Also, the venue is gorgeous and the staff members (our contact was Jennifer Emerzian) were incredibly responsive both before, during, and after the wedding. There are lovely indoor and outdoor locations for taking pictures at the Westgate and our videographer also loved shooting our wedding here--every part of the hotel is lovely.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my baby shower at the Westgate and it was just beautiful! The service and staff were very helpful and professional. Jennifer the sales catering manager made it very easy for me to relax and not worry about anything leading up to the event. The hotel staff are very sweet and always had a helping hand to assist with anything and everything we needed the day of the event. I'm so happy I did my baby shower at this hotel!

Daesthetic
1+ year ago

The Westgate Hotel is an amazing venue for weddings and events. The staff is highly professional and strive to work with your needs in helping to make your event a success. Jennifer Emerzian is the best event coordinator I have met and worked with, she always addressed our questions quickly and was extremely helpful for our special day and she always treated us with the utmost kindness!

Markus
1 Review
05/25/2014

Anna was nothing short of incredible. As a matter of fact, I think incredible is short of Anna.

NALINI
04/12/2014

Excellent venue for our daughter's wedding and guest gave such positive feedback about the accommodations, staff and food.
Our wedding coordinator was truly amazing to work with and she went above and beyond to make the day a very special celebration for the wedding couple.

Catherine Bachelier
12/21/2013

My clients and I worked with Anna for all the wedding preparations and, of course, the day of. She was attentive, accommodating, and lovely throughout our planning process. She made my clients so happy and helped me execute all the details required to make the day-of as perfect as possible. I would not only recommend Anna, I would recommend the Westgate Hotel as a whole. Both Anna and her property leaders went above and beyond. Thank you, Anna. I look forward to sharing more happy clients at your beautiful property!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The great hotel drew us to this venue, and Anna Travis was such a pleasure to work with. Her attention to detail ensured everything went well and her flexibility ensured that our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. We couldn't be happier with our wedding, from the rehearsal dinner to the day of the wedding to the wedding ceremony and reception, Anna and the Westgate Hotel staff ensured that our day was as special as our marriage will be.

Thank you Anna, and pass on our thanks to everyone involved with our special day.

Cathryn
11/09/2013

Anna was great throughout the entire planning process. Even when things got stressful or did not quite go our way she was always sweet and comforting. Our guests loved the Westgate and raved about how beautiful it was.

1+ year ago

The Westgate Hotel is a beautiful venue to host your wedding ceremony and reception. We only had our reception at the Versailles Ballroom which is a room that screams elegance (think Parisian like the house of Versailles in Paris). The key to this venue is their coordinator, Anna. Professional, responsive, caring, and down-to-earth. We went to several venues, had several meetings, and did not find anyone close to the level of Anna. She will take care of you from start to finish. Food was fantastic by the way. Also in our package, the wedding couple gets a complimentary suite the night of the wedding. We definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking around the San Diego area.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anna and the rest of the Westgate staff were simply amazing. From the time we were given an initial tour of the hotel to working out any kinks in billing after our event, my now husband and I were met with nothing short of excellent customer service. Anna and her team made everything so easy and they accommodated us as much as they could. Food and beverage at the Westgate was perfection. And their reception sites were breathtaking. Our wedding day was perfect thanks to the Westgate.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was so lucky to stumble upon this Hotel, I had a bit of a destination wedding so all of my guest stayed here and the experience was truly amazing, the hotels is beautiful on its own but to make things better the service and staff there are incredible, my wedding guest are still telling me of how great it was and thanking me for putting them there, and my photos look unbealiable thanks to the beautiful backgrounds, everybody in this hotel helped me so much and was super nice to me and my guest they truly where a key aspect of making my wedding day a dream come true for me, and i will never be able to thank them enough

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
2+ years ago

Anna Travis was so great to work with. I'm obsessed with the Hotel, it absolutely gorgeous. As soon as you walk in your in Awww. The pictures for my Wedding are amazing because the place just sets the perfect theme. Everyone there is professional and proficient.

Laurie
1 Review
04/21/2013

The assistance provided by Anna before the wedding as we were making plans and on the wedding day was extraordinary and extremely helpful. We had looked at many venues, and after meeting Anna and feeling assured of her expertise and attention to detail, and her explanation of how the Westgate could meet our needs (from hotel rooms for the guests to financial costs), to parking service, to brunch after the wedding, to bride/groom dressing room, to coordinating that the area outside of the Versailles ballroom was set up for guests on time, to accommodating our wedding timelines, to photo taking arrangements, my daughter (the bride) and I decided to have the wedding at this venue. And my daughter and my whole family felt everything went perfectly (and how many people can say that about a wedding?). We were treated with great care on the day of the wedding. The rooms for the wedding party to dress were great and the food service was quick and set up beautifully. Anna was able to calm our nerves, , and arrange the set up of the ballroom perfectly, organize the seating for the ceremony, and review the plans so everyone knew what to do. Her expertise and advice was excellent. I particularly remember that as the wedding party gathered before walking down the aisle, Anna was calming the groomsmen nerves and "suggesting or reminding them" of the proper line up, and I was so thankful. Best of all, my daughter, who is very particular, trusted Anna and felt that her wedding was perfect. Our guests also commented how wonderful the wedding was, and how beautiful the hotel is. We also felt very special with the treatment after the wedding. The Westgate Hotel is not only a special memory, but we are now "fans" and have visited for the music in the bar, eating at the restaurant, enjoying high tea, planning to go to brunch, and have selected dates to stay at the hotel in the future for special events. Thank you again, Anna!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Westgate was my dream wedding. Anna Geiss-Travis was extremely accommodating and caring. She made my ceremony wedding planning very easy. I was very happy with the Westgate and pricing. We had our wedding in the fabulous ballroom. There was a large bridal room and a fancy groomsmen room. And they offered our family and out of town guests a great price for the rooms. On top of everything, we loved their food! All of the bridesmaids loved the lunch we ordered during the day, it was very fresh, tasty, and beautiful.
Thank you, Westgate, for giving me a wonderful wedding!