Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles
14750 Conference Center Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Offered in-house, Outside vendors welcome

(4.7/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Cindy 3 Reviews
Our wedding reception was done beautifully by the Marriott staff. Jennifer and Leslie were our event managers and both were responsive and worked diligently with us to make everything perfect. Chef Todd prepared a fabulous dinner even creating a soup that the bride requested. The valets went the extra mile for our family and guests. Guests were well pleased with their accommodations. We highly recommend this venue on every level if you're looking for a first class wedding reception venue.
Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had both our rehearsal dinner and reception at the Marriott. Both nights the food was amazing. Jennifer Simmons was our event coordinator and she was wonderful, responsive, flexible and very sweet! We booked the Marriott over a year in advance so we started working with a few people that no longer worked there by the time our wedding actually came around but that never got in the way. Ellen Ouellette the director of event planning even reached out to us to make sure everything was going smooth with our transition. The hotel itself is beautiful and makes for amazing pictures both inside and out. I recommend booking the suite for the night before the wedding as well. It was perfect to get ready in with my girls and really makes you feel like royalty the whole weekend! The only issue that we had was that the lighting people did not actually respond to our emails and we did not get the up lights that we wanted. I believe they are contracted out but be on top of that if it is something you really want.
Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the start of the planning process through to us departing the hotel, the Westfields Marriott did an exceptional job with our wedding! John Neetz was a fantastic Event Manager to work with - responsive, professional and offered great suggestions/advice throughout the process! The Banquet Chef and staff prepared an excellent menu (all of our guests raved and left saying "I can't eat anymore!")! It wasn't just the banquet staff that did a superior job, but it was the entire hotel staff. We heard from most of our guests that everyone said hello or enjoy the celebration. Although there were 2 other weddings that day, the staff was amazing and made my husband and I feel special as if we were the only wedding they had. The Westfields helped us pull off our wedding that far exceeded our expectations! I cannot recommend them enough!
Wedding: 11/23/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you get married anywhere in Northern Virginia, this is the place to do it. The Westfields staff, specifically Jennifer Simmons, is hands-down the most service-oriented team you could ever want. My DJ didn't show to do my ceremony music (see review on Washington Talent Agency) and Jennifer and her team were able to ensure that my ceremony still had music and that the guests never even had a clue. She literally saved the day. The food was absolutely delicious, the service fantastic (we had a lot of compliments on how they got the food out to everyone so quickly) and it was the most beautiful setting. They literally think of everything for you and make it as worry-free as possible. Our banquet captain was incredible as well. They'll even help you with all the rentals and your lighting needs!
The only minor thing is that if you are like me and like to get started on planning, you just need to be aware that they have a LOT of weddings going on, so you may not get as much attention when your date is further out. Once you hit the 3-month mark, though, they are awesome.
Our guests had an incredible time and it was due to Westfields' amazing hospitality, service, and attitude. Thank you!!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When searching out for the perfect location for our wedding, my first thought that came to mind was the Westfield’s Marriott. I had stayed at this hotel years ago and remember thinking then, it was just the most gorgeous hotel I had ever seen. This is an extraordinary beautiful hotel with top notch exceptional service. I could have not asked for anything better. The staff went above and beyond my expectations which made our day extra special. As soon as you turn in the gates,the scenic large trees surround you down a path to the grand entrance. It literally is such a jaw dropping experience that takes you to a feeling like you are in some sort of a different land. The front of the hotel is gorgeous, and the garden terrace in the back of the hotel are awesome for pictures. From the very first moment we visited the hotel everyone we met was so professional and courteous. The events coordinator graciously gave my fiance a tour of the property and went over all the packages they offered. After looking at several other hotels that offered mediocre services where everything was additional we knew, this was the place. They offer three packages and were willing to work with us to customize a package that worked for us. The food and service were beyond our expectations. The events manager, John Neetz made sure our every whim was taken care of, right down to all the last minute logistical details, i.e. placement of the menus, escort cards, and table settings. There was nothing I had to worry about because the staff took care of our every wish. They even put together over 150 mini fairy berry lights upon my request. There were even two other weddings going on that evening, but you would never even know it. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. We are so blessed that we got to have the wedding of our dreams. Go check them out, they are absolutely outstanding! Thank you Westfield's Marriott for making our day, the best day of our lives. Robin Smith

Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Overall great experience with Westfields Marriott. The price was reasonable and they were really accommodating and helpful every step of the way. My coordinator was Jennifer and she was amazing. She took care of every detail for me and literally rolled up her sleeves and get her hands dirty to help set things up. She was a total pro and knew how to manage everything with very little input from me. My day was totally stress free thanks to her!

Also, I do have to mention that the food was actually good. Hotel food usually sucks especially when you have 200+ guests but their food was not bad at all!
Wedding: 08/31/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
One name comes to mind when I think of my wedding and its JOHN NEETZ!!! What an amazing and caring guy! Marriott should award him for his quick responses and great ability to fix last minute problems!! He was very professional and provided detailed information as we worked towards building our wedding. During the wedding he was there early in the morning making sure everything was set and everyone was updated with information. He was there until after the dinner to make sure everything ran smoothly! What a great guy!

The venue was beautiful! We got the presidential suite and it was huge! haha. Very clean and the staff was quick with everything we needed.

Thanks Westfields Marriott!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything and everyone was wonderful to work with.
Wedding: 08/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This hotel made the wedding absolutely beautiful. The staff is very kind and friendly. The event coordinator, John, did a great job with keeping up and making our wedding perfect. We were in the Grand Dominion Ballroom and had 500 people. We had unique party favors (Jones Soda Bottles) which we asked him to lay out in abc order and according to the groom and brides side and they were exactly how we wanted it. The ballroom decor is perfect and the layout is very spacious. We were given the complimentary bridal suite for the night and it is absolutely gorgeous! We couldn't have picked a better hotel. Our guests were all very satisfied with their hotel rooms as well!
Wedding: 07/06/2013

Anonymous 6 Reviews
We are so thankful to have chosen Westfields Marriott as our wedding reception site - very beautiful location and wonderful, supportive staff! We booked about 6months prior to our event date (6/29/13). The location is outside the busy, traffic-congested wash DC area and in a quiet part of northern VA still easily accessible to main roads/highways. The staff we worked with included Sarah, Christine, Leslie and John - all of them made the planning process that much easier for us. The inside/outside decor is elegantly designed, lots of space and ballrooms to choose from, as well plenty of sunshine and areas to capture photos. The various entrees and hors d'oeuvres choices are so delicious!! The chef was able to accommodate our food options, including a few gluten-free entrees some guests needed.

Our coordinator was John. He was so fun to work with - easy going and attentive to details we discussed. He is organized and responsive to emails/phone calls. He went out of his way to make sure the ballroom and cocktail area layout was to what we wanted. If there were inquiries he didn't have an immediate answer for, he'd be sure to do some research, discuss with other staff, and get back to me in a timely fashion. On the day of our reception, John was there to assure us that everything was going well, and to ask if we needed anything. He was very smiley and upbeat, which made the entire wedding party so happy too!

Definitely recommend this venue for wedding receptions, and any other general events!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We reserved a room block at this hotel without scheduling a wedding or reception there. We reserved only a relatively small number of rooms for a very affordable price.

Yet, the event coordinator (Kristin) was incredibly responsive and helpful with not only setting up our room block but also with other wedding-related tasks (e.g. arranging for those wedding party to prepare at the hotel, allowing late check-out times, etc.). We can't imagine how much more helpful she would have been if we had an actual event at the hotel.

Besides the services of Kristin and others, the hotel itself is beautiful with spacious accommodations and public areas.
Wedding: 06/22/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I don't think I have enough space to say all of the good things that I want to say about Westfields Marriott. I booked this venue for my April 13, 2013 wedding back in November 2011. Ana got me started and was very understanding of the fact that I wanted to book so early on! Once the time came, we were given Courtney Walsh as our event coordinator. Just to name a few characteristics about Courtney: Professional, prompt, helpful, flexible, organized, reliable... I could go on and on. I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. Courtney was ALWAYS available, either in person or via e-mail. She was a trooper with last minute changes the week before our event. She was so calm and organized and gave me such peace of mind!

The venue itself? Beautiful. You can't beat it. Gorgeous architecture, paintings, furniture... This isn't your typical Marriott! All of my wedding guests raved about the hotel. The food is also phenomenal. Our tasting appointment offered us SO much food to taste. Again, our guests raved about how delicious the food was.

As a very organized and determined bride, I have to say that our reception in the Fairfax Dining Room went flawlessly. Every staff member involved was absolutely incredible. I have not ONE complaint (I am a pessimist keep in mind!) Every staff member was accommodating, professional, friendly, flexible, etc etc! At our reception, Courtney was so present and remembered everything that was important to us.

My family, guests, and husband and I were so genuinely impressed and thrilled with the overall experience we had at the Westfields Marriott. I wouldn't have changed anything.
Wedding: 04/13/2013

Victoria 5 Reviews
EXCELLENT. WF Marriott were so professional and dedicated in making our wedding a success. We worked with our event planner (Sara Twigg) for about 7 months in planning, and she was with us every step of the way, including the actual day of the wedding, where she was there pretty much the whole day before the ceremony and during the reception - making sure everything went as planned. My husband and I are very detailed and organized people, and wanted everything to go exactly as we wanted, and they were very accommodating and patient with us. We created our own "script" for both the ceremony and reception (how things would be laid out, order of events, etc) and the Marriott paid attention and abided by our script/wishes, and were always very respectful. The food was incredible - kudos to the chef and his crew. The Banquet staff was very helpful and professional. Our guests were so impressed - I don't think they knew what to expect, and they were just all so impressed with how nice and elegant everything was. It was also so convenient and smooth to have the ceremony and reception right there at the same place. Everything was on the same floor – all the guests’ rooms were on the same floor, and the ceremony and reception were just down the hall from the guests. Nobody had to leave the ceremony and drive to another place for the reception – it was all right there and so convenient, from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception dinner. An absolute beautiful hotel, and a magnificent place to hold a wedding or any other nice, elegant event.
Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Northern VA Brides - LOOK NO FURTHER!! HAVE YOUR WEDDING AT THE WESTFIELDS MARRIOTT!!! My husband and I looked at a lot of different venues as we were planning our wedding, and were referred to the Westfields Marriott by a friend whose company held their holiday party there. We made an appointment and met with Katie Kulp, one of their Sales Representatives, who went through all of the different rooms that were available on our date and explained the costs (they have a minimum food and beverage amount that must be met, and that minimum changes depending on the month). Although their prices were a little higher per plate than other venues we had visited, since we knew people who had stayed and eaten there, we knew that the higher price would come with much higher quality service. We are SO happy that we chose to have our reception at the Westfields Marriott because 2 months later we are still getting compliments from our wedding guests about the amazing service that they received at the Westfields!

My husband and I worked with Lynann Dumas, a Senior Event Manager, to plan our wedding and she was AMAZING!! She was so responsive when we emailed or called with questions, and accommodated all of our requests. We had an idea of what we wanted the table arrangement to be (we booked the Fairfax Dining Room), and Lynann and her team were able to make that idea come to fruition. We cannot say enough great things about Lynann and the Westfields staff!

On the day of the reception, we were introduced to our banquet captain, Koji, who was in charge of making sure that my husband and I were taken care of. Since I love to dance, and am therefore constantly parched, I asked Koji to bring me water periodically throughout the dancing, and about 3 songs into dancing, there he was with my water!! Amazing!!

We would whole heartedly recommend the Westfields Marriott as a Wedding Reception site (we held our ceremony at a local church)!!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If this website allowed for more stars I would give every one of them! My husband and I were supposed to get married on the Jersey Shore on what turned out to be the weekend after Hurricane Sandy. The Wednesday before our scheduled wedding, we found out our NJ venue couldn't host the wedding. We walked into Westfields Marriott on Thursday morning and asked Sarah, Ellen, and their team to pull off the impossible --relocate our wedding on 48 hours notice. Not only were they up for the challenge (they could have easily told us we were crazy), but they managed to pull off the wedding of our dreams replete with delicious food, gorgeous lighting, and an incredibly attentive staff. Our guests remarked that if not for the change in city, they never would have known the wedding had been replanned 48 hours in advance. 12 hours after we first walked into the Westfields Mariott, our guests began arriving and were greeted by the hotels warm, friendly, and incredibly flexible staff.

Words cannot express our gratitude for making our dream wedding possible in what can only be described as trying circumstances.
Wedding: 11/03/2012

Meera 5 Reviews
I knew I wanted my wedding at the Westfields Marriott about a year in advance, so we booked it right away. From the start, the hotel was very accommodating of our requests (during the initial contract planning stage and onwards). We had a very large Indian wedding, and the hotel is very experienced in handling weddings of our type and scale...which made everything so easy! We had over 100 guests coming from out of town and staying in the hotel, and the Marriott was very flexible in making everyone feel welcome and taken care of. We had some issues along the way, but the Marriott was able to resolve every single one of them. And they found ways to accommodate even our most specific requests. Courtney was our event coordinator, and she was so flexible, responsive, and helpful. Even on the day of the wedding, she made sure we got everything we needed. Overall, we had a great experience working with the Westfields Marriott, and I would recommend the venue to anyone - even people with very large-scale events!
Wedding: 10/27/2012
 703-818-0400
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire