Wendy Hickok Photography

Wendy Hickok Photography

Photographing events in the Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC, Maryland, Eastern Shore Regions.

1704 Nimitz Drive
Annapolis, MD 21401 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our engagement pictures done in OCT and they turned out AMAZING. Wendy made us feel very comfy during the photo shoot. Family will be getting copies for XMAS gifts this year. Can't wait to see her magic at the WEDDING :)

• Wedding: 06/13/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say, Wendy was absolutely great to work with! Not only are her photos breathtakingly beautiful, but she is also super personable, puts you at ease in front of the camera, and she is also a very smart and organized businesswoman. She was on top of things throughout the planning process. She was attentive, on time, and I knew that I could not only trust her to know exactly what shots I would want, but I also knew that the photos would be absolutely stunning. I didn't even need to give her a shot list, she took care of it for me! I am beyond excited to fill my home with the gorgeous pictures that Wendy captured. Thank you, Wendy!!

Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:

I loved photographing your wedding Lauren!! It is always such a joy when my brides say present, have fun, and really revel in the love of a wedding day! So happy that I made you happy on your STUNNING wedding day!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy is an awesome photographer! She is hilarious and full of energy! She makes you feel so comfortable and let's you have fun while taking photos! She takes amazing and different photos and by the end of the night she will feel like one of your friends!

Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:

Thanks Melanie!!! Loved working with you on your wedding day!!!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy Hickok was the most incredible photographer! When my husband and I originally met with her 15 months before our wedding we knew she was the photographer for us! She made us feel like her closest friends within minutes after meeting her. We unfortunately hired a very bad photographer to take engagement pictures of us on campus where we went to college and after getting those back we were so upset. I called Wendy right away and asked if she would be able to do an engagement session with us even though we originally weren't going to have one with her. She was more than accommodating. The pictures turned out beautiful and we knew we made the right choice! Leading up to the wedding Wendy was so organized and made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole experience. The day of the wedding Wendy was perfect. She put us both at ease! Wendy took family and bridal pictures so quick which meant we didn't waste all of our wedding day in front of the camera and were able to enjoy the day. After getting our pictures back we were blown away. They were simply beautiful and she captured everything about our day! We are so lucky to have had her as our photographer. We cannot wait to use her as our photographer for more family memories as the years go on!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy and John were amazing! We felt so comfortable with them throughout the whole wedding. Wendy did our engagement pics for us and we had a wonderful photo session and the pics came out great! She was so great at the wedding and made everything very easy! Her prices are fair and even lower than many photographers in the DC area. We loved her and will be calling her for baby photos when the time comes!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy is everything I wanted in a photographer, she's extremely talented and her work alone stood out to me. Even better, she's super sweet and makes you feel comfortable off the bat. I had worried that bringing my dog on our engagement shoot might make things difficult but she took it all in stride and got some amazing shots of both us and our dog. She is very responsive and makes you feel more like a friend than a client. She even fixed my bustle and created a cute updo for my hair after some crazy dancing on the dance floor. I can't wait to see our final pictures, I'm sure they will be as fabulous as she is :)

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Erica
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy was our photographer for our wedding and I can't say enough good things about her! I've already recommended her to a couple of my friends.

We had a courthouse ceremony followed by a reception two days later and Wendy came to both events. Our photos from both days are gorgeous and we'll treasure them forever. Wendy has a great personality that allows her to blend in but also make people feel comfortable around her which results in some amazing shots.

Also, Wendy had our photos edited and our online gallery posted while we were still on our honeymoon!!! I could not believe the quick turnaround time. We're so glad we had Wendy stour events. Our family still raves about how amazing she was every time we talk about the wedding!

Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:

It was such a pleasure photographing such an intimate event! Weddings are special at any size, but the intimate ones are always so much fun!

• Wedding: 10/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy is everything that you would hope for in a photographer! She is creative with her images, super personable and so much fun to have with you on your wedding day! Everyone in my wedding party loved her, and my husband who doesn't like to smile in photos could do nothing but laugh and smile throughout our photos because of Wendy's great sense of humor! She was worth every single penny and then some, as the quality of her images are remarkable and her professional but fun personality makes you feel like you are hanging out with an old friend. I would absolutely recommend her for your wedding or engagement photos (or both, like we did!) because she will get the images you dreamed of and do so all while having a great time and treasuring the moment!

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy was amazing!! We knew right away we wanted her for our wedding! She was so much fun on our engagement shoot and she made us feel at ease. Having her around was like just hanging with a friend. I was so stressed out the day of my wedding and a lot of things were not going as planned but Wendy helped me laugh them off! I can not thank her enough for all she did for me..... Like pulling my hair up while I was dancing and just being there every time I needed a smile! I had a very opinionated bridal party but lucky for me Wendy made sure our day was just about me and my husband!!! I cannot thank her enough, I have already recommended her to all of my friends!! Pick Wendy for your special day, you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy that we chose Wendy to take our photos. She has shot a ton of weddings at our venue, London Town & Gardens. This was important to us because it is a large venue with many fantastic photo opportunities. As we wanted to limit the time it took to take "posed" photos it was great to know that Wendy knew the venue so well. We let Wendy know what was important to us to have captured on that day and she did an amazing job delivering what we were looking for in a photographer. She also worked very well with our videographer. Since they were both going for the same shots, this was something that could have been difficult, but they worked seamlessly together. We'll be calling Wendy to take our first shots as a family when we finally decide to welcome a baby into our lives. Wendy is energetic, friendly, and will make your guests feel at ease.

• Wedding: 06/16/2013
Almost Mrs. P
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so glad I chose Wendy as our wedding photographer! Her photos are unique, creative, and so stunning!!!!! Friends and family cannot say enough about all of our engagement and wedding photos.

Wendy is also so fun and easy to be around. We had a blast with her!!!! I would hire Wendy again and again!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly recommend Wendy for your wedding photographer. When my husband and I met with Wendy we instantly loved her personality and thought she would be the perfect fit. She was able to make me feel comfortable even though I am shy in front of the camera! Our wedding pictures were absolutely beautiful and more amazing then we could have imagined. We are so happy that Wendy was able to capture our special day. We will treasure those pictures forever! I would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy that we chose Wendy to be our photographer. She captured every special moment of our very special day. Looking through our pictures is like living the day all over again! And the pictures are more beautiful then we could have imagined. Not only is Wendy an awesome photographer but she was an amazing personality. If you are looking for a super fun and talented photographer than she is your girl!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have no idea where to start with Wendy. She is absolutely amazing and we could not be happier with our decision to use her as our wedding photographer. I had consultations with about 4 other photographers and I thought it was going to be a very hard choice because the photographer was one of the things I cared most about but after leaving Wendy's there was no question. Her pictures are absolutely stunning. She has such an artistic eye, our photos were so unique and that's definitely something I wanted in a photographer (the formal pictures she took were also amazing). As far as the business end goes, she was so accomidating with our budget and so responsive to all of my questions. Before the wedding she did an engagement shoot for us and those turned out beautifully. She took us all around the city of Annapolis and we just had so much fun with her. For the wedding, we had a relatively new venue and she hadn't been there before but she made a point to go scout it out so she was prepared for the day of our wedding. We had a photo booth included in the package we chose and our guests loved it! She brought so many props and the guests (plus my husband and me) had so much fun and we got so many compliments. Wendy was so easy to work with, she was so much fun and made everything so easy and enjoyable...we were so comfortable taking pictures with her. We just recently saw all the pictures at a viewing party she had for us and our family at her house and it was awesome. We had champagne and looked at photos and were just absolutely blown away. Everyone who has seen them has been so impressed. She is incredibly talented and so sweet and I HIGHLY reccommend her!!! THANK YOU WENDY!!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was getting married in Aruba in Jan. 2013 and a few weeks before the wedding my photographer (based in Aruba) had a heart attack. Wendy photographed my friend's wedding a year prior so I figured I'd give her a call and see if she could fill in last minute. She was able to make the trip and bring along an assistant. She gave us a great deal considering it was so last minute and took amazing photos of our welcome BBQ, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. She has a great personality and really makes you relax when you're taking the photos. It was just like having another friend at the wedding who happened to be taking amazing photos. I HIGHLY recommend her.

• Wedding: 01/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy was incredibly easy to work with - she is fun and spunky and kept everyone in line! Although we haven't seen all of our wedding photos yet, the sneak preview that we have had a chance to look at is great! Along with the traditional family and bridal party photos, Wendy took some very creative/artistic pictures by the Jefferson Memorial that we are in love with. When we took the family photos after the ceremony, Wendy took charge so that we got the pictures over with as quickly as possible. She was also sensitive to the "family dynamic" issues that we needed her to be aware of to avoid uncomfortable and awkward situations. Sometimes it takes Wendy a little longer to respond to emails, but if the rest of the pictures look like the sneak peek, it is worth the wait!

Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:

Loved photographing Kate and Kevin's Wedding!! The family dynamics are at every wedding and I love being there to smooth anything out if necessary. My theater background makes me quirky, but also taught me how to keep people calm under pressure and turn things around to the positive as fast as I can!! Thanks for the review and I hope you loved ALL the photos once you saw them!!

• Wedding: 11/03/2012