Wendy Hickok Photography
Photographing events in the Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC, Maryland, Eastern Shore Regions.
1704 Nimitz Drive
Annapolis, MD 21401  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy was our photographer for our wedding and I can't say enough good things about her! I've already recommended her to a couple of my friends.

We had a courthouse ceremony followed by a reception two days later and Wendy came to both events. Our photos from both days are gorgeous and we'll treasure them forever. Wendy has a great personality that allows her to blend in but also make people feel comfortable around her which results in some amazing shots.

Also, Wendy had our photos edited and our online gallery posted while we were still on our honeymoon!!! I could not believe the quick turnaround time. We're so glad we had Wendy stour events. Our family still raves about how amazing she was every time we talk about the wedding!
Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:
It was such a pleasure photographing such an intimate event! Weddings are special at any size, but the intimate ones are always so much fun!
Wedding: 10/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy is everything that you would hope for in a photographer! She is creative with her images, super personable and so much fun to have with you on your wedding day! Everyone in my wedding party loved her, and my husband who doesn't like to smile in photos could do nothing but laugh and smile throughout our photos because of Wendy's great sense of humor! She was worth every single penny and then some, as the quality of her images are remarkable and her professional but fun personality makes you feel like you are hanging out with an old friend. I would absolutely recommend her for your wedding or engagement photos (or both, like we did!) because she will get the images you dreamed of and do so all while having a great time and treasuring the moment!
Wedding: 09/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy was amazing!! We knew right away we wanted her for our wedding! She was so much fun on our engagement shoot and she made us feel at ease. Having her around was like just hanging with a friend. I was so stressed out the day of my wedding and a lot of things were not going as planned but Wendy helped me laugh them off! I can not thank her enough for all she did for me..... Like pulling my hair up while I was dancing and just being there every time I needed a smile! I had a very opinionated bridal party but lucky for me Wendy made sure our day was just about me and my husband!!! I cannot thank her enough, I have already recommended her to all of my friends!! Pick Wendy for your special day, you will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 09/07/2013

Almost Mrs. P 7 Reviews
We are so happy that we chose Wendy to take our photos. She has shot a ton of weddings at our venue, London Town & Gardens. This was important to us because it is a large venue with many fantastic photo opportunities. As we wanted to limit the time it took to take "posed" photos it was great to know that Wendy knew the venue so well. We let Wendy know what was important to us to have captured on that day and she did an amazing job delivering what we were looking for in a photographer. She also worked very well with our videographer. Since they were both going for the same shots, this was something that could have been difficult, but they worked seamlessly together. We'll be calling Wendy to take our first shots as a family when we finally decide to welcome a baby into our lives. Wendy is energetic, friendly, and will make your guests feel at ease.
Wedding: 06/16/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Private User 5 Reviews
I am so glad I chose Wendy as our wedding photographer! Her photos are unique, creative, and so stunning!!!!! Friends and family cannot say enough about all of our engagement and wedding photos.

Wendy is also so fun and easy to be around. We had a blast with her!!!! I would hire Wendy again and again!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would highly recommend Wendy for your wedding photographer. When my husband and I met with Wendy we instantly loved her personality and thought she would be the perfect fit. She was able to make me feel comfortable even though I am shy in front of the camera! Our wedding pictures were absolutely beautiful and more amazing then we could have imagined. We are so happy that Wendy was able to capture our special day. We will treasure those pictures forever! I would highly recommend her!
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so happy that we chose Wendy to be our photographer. She captured every special moment of our very special day. Looking through our pictures is like living the day all over again! And the pictures are more beautiful then we could have imagined. Not only is Wendy an awesome photographer but she was an amazing personality. If you are looking for a super fun and talented photographer than she is your girl!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have no idea where to start with Wendy. She is absolutely amazing and we could not be happier with our decision to use her as our wedding photographer. I had consultations with about 4 other photographers and I thought it was going to be a very hard choice because the photographer was one of the things I cared most about but after leaving Wendy's there was no question. Her pictures are absolutely stunning. She has such an artistic eye, our photos were so unique and that's definitely something I wanted in a photographer (the formal pictures she took were also amazing). As far as the business end goes, she was so accomidating with our budget and so responsive to all of my questions. Before the wedding she did an engagement shoot for us and those turned out beautifully. She took us all around the city of Annapolis and we just had so much fun with her. For the wedding, we had a relatively new venue and she hadn't been there before but she made a point to go scout it out so she was prepared for the day of our wedding. We had a photo booth included in the package we chose and our guests loved it! She brought so many props and the guests (plus my husband and me) had so much fun and we got so many compliments. Wendy was so easy to work with, she was so much fun and made everything so easy and enjoyable...we were so comfortable taking pictures with her. We just recently saw all the pictures at a viewing party she had for us and our family at her house and it was awesome. We had champagne and looked at photos and were just absolutely blown away. Everyone who has seen them has been so impressed. She is incredibly talented and so sweet and I HIGHLY reccommend her!!! THANK YOU WENDY!!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was getting married in Aruba in Jan. 2013 and a few weeks before the wedding my photographer (based in Aruba) had a heart attack. Wendy photographed my friend's wedding a year prior so I figured I'd give her a call and see if she could fill in last minute. She was able to make the trip and bring along an assistant. She gave us a great deal considering it was so last minute and took amazing photos of our welcome BBQ, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. She has a great personality and really makes you relax when you're taking the photos. It was just like having another friend at the wedding who happened to be taking amazing photos. I HIGHLY recommend her.
Wedding: 01/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy was incredibly easy to work with - she is fun and spunky and kept everyone in line! Although we haven't seen all of our wedding photos yet, the sneak preview that we have had a chance to look at is great! Along with the traditional family and bridal party photos, Wendy took some very creative/artistic pictures by the Jefferson Memorial that we are in love with. When we took the family photos after the ceremony, Wendy took charge so that we got the pictures over with as quickly as possible. She was also sensitive to the "family dynamic" issues that we needed her to be aware of to avoid uncomfortable and awkward situations. Sometimes it takes Wendy a little longer to respond to emails, but if the rest of the pictures look like the sneak peek, it is worth the wait!
Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:
Loved photographing Kate and Kevin's Wedding!! The family dynamics are at every wedding and I love being there to smooth anything out if necessary. My theater background makes me quirky, but also taught me how to keep people calm under pressure and turn things around to the positive as fast as I can!! Thanks for the review and I hope you loved ALL the photos once you saw them!!
Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I discovered Wendy while looking at wedding photos from the Annapolis Maritime Museum. I was amazed at her creativity and quality of work. Wendy's great personality, professionalism and talent made working with her a breeze. We had a fun engagement shoot with Wendy at Sandy Point State Park and she not only got the nautical feel we were looking for, but also tolerated our two chihuahuas during the shoot. Our wedding photos turned out amazing also and I'm so glad we found such an experienced and friendly photographer to work with. I look foward to working with her in the future.
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We Absolutely loved working with Wendy (and her 2nd photographer Kyle and her assistant Shannon)! We looked at a quite a few photographers and met with our top choices and thought Wendy would be perfect. She has a great outgoing personality and seemed to really have a passion for what she does. She was professional throughout the process, very responsive on emails, and met with us a couple of times before the big day. She made everyone comfortable and had not trouble getting great shots! Her and her team blended in with the crowd and I think were able to capture the moments we wanted. Anyone looking for a photographer should check out her site!
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy was an awesome photographer. She made us laugh the whole day and caught some great shots of us. She was so accommodating to my last minute wedding. If it weren't for her, I don't know that I would have imagined the beauty of such a small, simple wedding.
Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:
Laura's wedding was not your normal booking time and I was honored to be there for her wedding!! It isn't every day I have a bride call me and within 30 days have her wedding, but it can be done! She knew she wanted to invest in good photos, we went for it, and we took some gorgeous photos! We also are friends now which is an extra bonus to my job!
Wedding: 10/05/2012

Melissa 5 Reviews
Wendy was so bubbly and outgoing from the first moment we met her. We knew she was the one we wanted when we saw her amazing photos in her studio and then her welcoming smile topped it off! She and her assistant Shannon really captured the beauty of our day with the storm/tornado/water spout that was going on in the distance. She didn't miss one moment of our day, and I have SO many pictures to choose from for an album! My guests raved about how fun and good she was, and a few people have even asked me for her information for their events! And the photobooth is a MUST at your wedding...those photos are ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS and the guests have such a blast with it! Wendy to me is not only my wedding photographer, she is someone that makes you feel like a friend and I look forward to her capturing many more special moments in our lives.
Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:
Melissa was awesome! She didn't let the threat of a tornado get her down and was really open to the idea of seeing her groom before the wedding so we could take advantage of her awesome Venue!! We did get some really fun photos and it was fantastic being with them on their wedding day with all their crazy fun friends!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy Hickok is amazing. Hiring her to do both our wedding and engagement photos was the best decision we made for our wedding. She is immensely talented, organized, and friendly. Our photos are incredible, and will be treasured for decades to come. She made our signature book for our wedding, which is fabulous. When she sent us the layout, my husband said something to the effect of "Wow - I'm not usually impressed, but I really am with what she did for the layout. Makes me feel even more confident in our decision." Not only is her work exceptional, she is so easy and fun to be around. Having our engagement photos done was the highlight of the wedding year - it was the most fun my husband and I had doing anything relating to the wedding, and perhaps even one of the most fun days we had together in recent memory. We got to know Wendy and spend an afternoon focusing on us and our relationship, instead of minor details of the wedding. Another excellent thing about Wendy is she's great organizing people. My husband and I both have "interesting" family situations, and Wendy was able to eliminate all awkwardness and anger in family photos during the wedding (not an easy feat!). I'm sure most of her clients feel this way, but I feel like we are friends. Some of my out-of-state guests are trying to come up with reasons to hire her for something, anything because they love her so much! I love Wendy, and I know you will too if you give her the chance. I can't wait to work with her again. Thank you, Wendy!!!
Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:
What an awesome review!! Kristin and Mike you are fantastic! I am so glad that you had so much fun and love the photos! It was a pleasure doing the Engagement session in DC with the "blossoms" and your wedding at Londontown was a DREAM! I took photos that day I will use forever! Who would have guessed a butterfly and a bride in sunlight could be caught on a whim! I will go anywhere any of your friends want to fly me and I look forward to more photographic and friend moments with you two in the future!
Wedding: 09/07/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wendy is AMAZING. I've watched her career grow & knew I wanted to hire her years ago - possibly even before I met my now husband. She went above and beyond not only in her role as a photographer, but to share and help handle some of the bumps of wedding planning with her years of experience as a vendor. Not only was she willing to travel to our wedding site in Shenandoah National park, but she was EXCITED about it and went out of her way to make it a great day!!! I don't want to add too many details lest she have to outdo herself EVERY weekend - but she does that already. She did our engagement shoot in Sept 11 so we know we'll get quality shots - we can't wait to see them! Book her early folks!
Wendy Hickok Photography responded with the following comments:
I am glad that you saw how hard I worked for you Sam! Responsiveness is a tough one and while I do know I have to work on it I also believe that brides need to re-evaluate their expectations when it comes to responsiveness. In your jobs can you respond to everyone who emails you about every issue within 24 hours because that is what my brides expect from me. If I spent every day responding to emails within 24 hours I would never get any of the other work done that I have to do as a photographer such as editing, marketing, blogging, and networking.
Wedding: 08/25/2012
 410-280-1690
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire