Wellington Place

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I had my wedding at Guardian Angel Cathedral, and held my reception at Wellington Place. I could have not had made a better choice. Everything went flawlessly, and was exactly my vision. There was nothing that I would have changed about the reception. The room is huge, the dj was great, OPEN BAR, AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS FOOD, excellent staff, beautiful cake and centerpieces, gorgeous uplighting, which makes for great pictures....on time limo/shuttle bus service....everything was just perfect. I even left my sunglasses at the venue while I was dropping of my cake topper the day prior, and they returned them to me on my wedding day. I did all my planning via email, just sent them a few pictures of my vision, sent some song suggestions, and they took it from there. While my husband and I were eating our meal, my brother came up to us and said "I don't know who planned this wedding, but they did an awesome job...this is a beautiful wedding." I have to agree with him. The girls did a great job putting it all together!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at this venue in February, and it was generally pretty perfect. Angela was our coordinator, and honestly, she was absolutely the best and I am so glad we had her there. They worked with our crazy theme (book nerd meets video gamer) and allowed us to customize a few items. They made sure our wants and needs were handled, and I greatly appreciate all the work that went into making our wedding day so great.

There are a couple things that I wasn't completely satisfied with. First, the photographer: we didn't actually meeting with a photographer from the venue in person until the week before the wedding, and four days before the wedding they changed photographers on us. It made me nervous, but I went with it and unfortunately it didn't pay off because the photographer screwed up some of our first kiss pictures with very bad photo shopping. Angela did handle the issue promptly and professionally, issuing us a partial refund and assuring us the photographer was fired. I mention it as only a piece of advice for future couples to meet with the photographer earlier, or use your own.
Lastly, the minister was a surprise. We weren't allowed to meet with him until the day of the wedding, and the ceremony was not exactly what we had in mind. I will put some of the blame on us - I should have pushed more to meet him beforehand, but unfortunately, it didn't happen. My advice would be to push harder to meet with him to make sure you know exactly what will happen and are happy with it. In our case, we aren't very religious and our ceremony was VERY religious which was a tad uncomfortable in some places.

I want to end with saying this: Although I wasn't 100% happy with a couple things, one of them being big and the other not so, ultimately Wellington really did help us throw an amazing wedding that our families are STILL talking about almost 4 months later. We had a blast and I am so grateful for the staff there, particularly Angela.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing stafff!!! Willing to work with all our requests. Made our night truely memorable!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a our wedding ceremony and reception at the Wellington Place this month (11/8/13) and I have to say they could not have done a better job. They totally exceeded my expectations! I am not from the local area, so booking a wedding venue that I had never seen in person was nerve wrecking. Andrea and Erica did an awesome job with wedding coordination. All of my emails and phone calls were answered in a timely matter and they made sure the visions of my dream wedding were met. The DJ was great and had everyone out of their seats all night long. Everyone can't stop talking about how delicious the food was (Prime Rib and Tuscan Chicken). I would definitely recommend going with the Wellington Place they did a phenomenal job!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter was married at the Wellington on 11/8/13. The place was TERRIFIC! It's off the strip however on the strip (for this type of event) would have cost twice as much and they provide a bus for the guests along with limos for the wedding party. The food was terrific. The officiant did a great job and the whole hall looked amazing. I can't remember the name of the coordinator (sorry) but she was the BEST!!! We're from Philly and although we had read the reviews, we were still not sure of what it looked like until you see it in person. The location is at a commercial strip mall, but it's no big deal!!! DJ was also terrific. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this place!!! I've heard that the lighting now costs extra, and I'm hoping they'll work that into the prices since the lighting is beautiful! Again, thanks SO much!

Private User
1+ year ago

We are Canadian and were married in Las Vegas on 10/12/13

The Wellington team was amazing from the day we contacted them until the end of our reception. They are some of the nicest people I have ever dealt with .

I worked with Angela and Erika and both of them were phenomenal. The venue is great and was beautifully.
They took care of everything . I highly recommend them

Mrs. M
08/09/2013

I recently had my wedding at the Wellington Place. I didn't even know if the place existed till the day before the wedding at rehearsal. I was shocked at how beautiful it was inside. I had a really great experience with them and would recommend them to brides/grooms who are looking for a stress free option for their wedding. They did almost all the work for our wedding from the decorations to the food. It was great. They worked with me because our guest list was falling a part and they were able to help upgrade. You'll be surprised on how big the Wellington Place is inside (the outside is very deceiving). It's very roomy and comfortable. Decorations were great but I would stress which kind you would like exactly. The food was to die for. I saw a lot of people wrote in reviews about how the chicken was too dry..I ate the chicken myself and it was absolutely perfect! I can't say enough about the food. There was so much of it and it was so wonderful. The cake too! The open bar was a hit and the DJ kept us on the dance floor. The only thing I didn't like about my wedding experience was the photographer. He did what he wanted and not what we wanted. I would recommend anyone who thinks it's important to have quality pictures to bring in their own vendor. That's my only complaint. Other than that the staff is really great. Erica and Angela are really really sweet and accommodating. I appreciate all they have done for me!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just got married in May 2013 and decided to have a destination wedding in Las Vegas. I chose to have the reception at Wellington Place and I cannot imagine a reception going any smoother. The staff were very friendly and attentive to both my and my guests needs both in the planning stages and the night of the reception. The venue is decorated very nicely and all guests commented on how great everything was. This place is locally owned and operated and the owner, Angela puts a lot of pride in her work! I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The setting of the place turned out really nice. And the staff was awesome. They were all accomodating even to our guest.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Angela and Erika did a great job. I was truely blessed in finding this venue. My husband and I live in Hawaii and decided that Vegas would be the perfect location for our ceremony. Needless to say I was worried about everything, but once I contacted Wellington Place I knew this was the place for us to get married. They made me feel so comfortable from the first conversation through the ceremony and reception. I don't know what I would have done without them. Not only was the ceremony great, my family and friends are still talking about the fanstatic food. Ms. Wanda did a great job as the officiant and we felt really comfortable with her. She even helped the groomsmen get ready for the ceremony. Photography was great, especially with all the poses he was very creative. I loved how the Dj kept the party going all night long. He played something for everyone.

Thank you Wellington for everything you truely made our day special and I cannot imagine having been married anywhere else!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Perfect perfect perfect! I can't tell you how many of our wedding guest told us they had so much fun and that the reception was perfect! I'd have to agree! Erika and Angela did a great job getting everything planned for us and everything was perfect! We bombarded them with tons of stupid questions and they answered every single one with a great attitude! And when the big day came Robert our DJ was the man! He got the crowd up and moving and we all had a great bash! Wellington is tops hands down! Thanks guys!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a more perfect Wedding experience! The all inclusive wedding package was ideal because of the economy and because I was an out-of-state bride. Also, Wellington Places’ responsiveness, flexibility and professionalism were invaluable since I couldn’t visit them but twice over the year we worked with them. I was more than pleased with Wellington Place leading up to our ceremony, but was completely overwhelmed with gratitude the night our of our event! Their execution was flawless. Our flowers were gorgeous. The photographer was full of creative/unique ideas and worked with a 15 member wedding party and a whole gaggle of family members like it was nothing. He moved us along and kept us right on schedule. The charter bus service was a blessing and when we arrived the venue looked AMAZING! Classy, elegant and welcoming all at the same time. The ceremony was close and intimate. We used our own officiate, so I can’t comment on that. But, I’m certain they would also have been wonderful. Then, we started the reception!
The food was excellent, our guests were quickly moved through the buffet and every staff member was courtesy, professional and thoughtful. A few examples…one of my rambunctious young nephews had escaped from his parents and was “playing” with some of the decorations when he broke it. The coordinator simply took it from him and redirected him to mom. PERFECT! Also, I went to grab a drink from the bar and my waitress stopped me half way there to let me know she’d already gotten me a drink and it was at my table. What every Bride wants to hear. The DJ set the mood immediately…starting off light then getting everyone on the dance floor before the night was through. It was joyous, fun and absolutely everything we’d hoped for. I would emphatically recommend Wellington Place to any couple, out-of-state or local!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I must say planning a wedding from another state was more stressful then I thought, but everyone at Wellington was more then helpful made my big day a dream come true! It's nothing I would change perfect day, perfect venue! Thanks Wellington!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

My review is for the reception only!

I had my reception at Wellington Place this past weekend and I was very happy with everything! The decor was gorgeous (as was the cake), the food was awesome (especially their rolls, which my whole family is still dreaming about!), and the staff was very attentive and made sure that my family, guests, my husband and myself had everything we ever needed. I don't think I ever had a drink go empty or had a dirty plate for more than 30 seconds, the same went for my guests. My only real complaint is that it didn't last longer!

The transportation to and from our hotel was great and such a great service to offer for my guests as well, especially with a full, open bar. We wanted everyone to be able to have fun and drink but still be safe and having the transportation for our guests really helped with that. My husband's family is very much into karaoke and the DJ kept the songs coming for them to sing. The DJ's method for having us do our grand exit was really great as well and all of my guests really got into it!

I planned everything from Denver and while I did get to see the venue briefly back in December, I did not see anything else up until my actual wedding day. Despite being out of town, everything came out perfect and based on their reviews and how to staff responded I was not nervous about any aspect of my reception. Honestly, anything I ever asked for during my planning, they were happy to give to me without charging me some ridiculous amount of money to do so. Pretty much anytime I asked them to jump, they asked "how high?".

I highly recommend Wellington Place to any bride out there who wants to be stress-free when planning their wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I had my wedding here on 9/9/12 and it was amazing! Planning it from PA was a little difficult but everything worked out great! They did a great job and we were very pleased! We even had a dress malfunction with one of the bridesmaids and the girls were amazing at Wellington, ran across the st. bought some needle and thread and sewed my bridesmaid into her dress to save the day!! Thanks again guys! :)

Kelly Horetsky

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake
4.7

This review is for RECEPTION Only. Let me begin by saying thank you so much to all the staff at Wellington Place for all your hard work. You truly made my special day look spectacular! All the guests were impressed at how beautiful the place turned out to be and of course they had a great time!
My planning began by relying heavily on previous bridal reviews. Trust me, I was hesitant to book with Wellington not knowing if this place even existed. I made an appointment with my fiancé and took a trip to go to see what the hype was about. Yes! They do exist however, as we pulled up to the building it is surrounded by a tattoo place and a Thai Kwon do studio. From the outside it seemed ghetto, but I didn't want to judge by the look of the outside so when we went inside and took a mini tour I realized that this was the place to be.
When I booked way back in 2011 I relied mostly on their website for updates of pictures and videos, but for some reason, lately they have not updated any photos. Gwen (who was the coordinator at the time) showed us different reception settings and the type of table arrangements that they can do. I was particular about having orchids submerged in water with floating candles. Terrae who is their florist made it happen. It was beautiful!!!
I live in CA and writing emails and phone calls were easy since I was able to tell them how I envisioned my venue. Erika & Angela responded to my emails quickly whenever I needed to make changes or upgrades. I would give Erika & Angela 5/5 stars bc they were awesome! They truly represent the company well. Ardis was also there who is the attending supervisor/manager. She was very accommodating and helped the party run smoothly. Thank you ladies!!! Overall, everything turned out as planned. The guests were picked up on time, food was delicious, and of course everyone enjoyed the open bar.