Wellington Place

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I had my wedding at this venue in February, and it was generally pretty perfect. Angela was our coordinator, and honestly, she was absolutely the best and I am so glad we had her there. They worked with our crazy theme (book nerd meets video gamer) and allowed us to customize a few items. They made sure our wants and needs were handled, and I greatly appreciate all the work that went into making our wedding day so great.

There are a couple things that I wasn't completely satisfied with. First, the photographer: we didn't actually meeting with a photographer from the venue in person until the week before the wedding, and four days before the wedding they changed photographers on us. It made me nervous, but I went with it and unfortunately it didn't pay off because the photographer screwed up some of our first kiss pictures with very bad photo shopping. Angela did handle the issue promptly and professionally, issuing us a partial refund and assuring us the photographer was fired. I mention it as only a piece of advice for future couples to meet with the photographer earlier, or use your own.
Lastly, the minister was a surprise. We weren't allowed to meet with him until the day of the wedding, and the ceremony was not exactly what we had in mind. I will put some of the blame on us - I should have pushed more to meet him beforehand, but unfortunately, it didn't happen. My advice would be to push harder to meet with him to make sure you know exactly what will happen and are happy with it. In our case, we aren't very religious and our ceremony was VERY religious which was a tad uncomfortable in some places.

I want to end with saying this: Although I wasn't 100% happy with a couple things, one of them being big and the other not so, ultimately Wellington really did help us throw an amazing wedding that our families are STILL talking about almost 4 months later. We had a blast and I am so grateful for the staff there, particularly Angela.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing stafff!!! Willing to work with all our requests. Made our night truely memorable!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a our wedding ceremony and reception at the Wellington Place this month (11/8/13) and I have to say they could not have done a better job. They totally exceeded my expectations! I am not from the local area, so booking a wedding venue that I had never seen in person was nerve wrecking. Andrea and Erica did an awesome job with wedding coordination. All of my emails and phone calls were answered in a timely matter and they made sure the visions of my dream wedding were met. The DJ was great and had everyone out of their seats all night long. Everyone can't stop talking about how delicious the food was (Prime Rib and Tuscan Chicken). I would definitely recommend going with the Wellington Place they did a phenomenal job!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter was married at the Wellington on 11/8/13. The place was TERRIFIC! It's off the strip however on the strip (for this type of event) would have cost twice as much and they provide a bus for the guests along with limos for the wedding party. The food was terrific. The officiant did a great job and the whole hall looked amazing. I can't remember the name of the coordinator (sorry) but she was the BEST!!! We're from Philly and although we had read the reviews, we were still not sure of what it looked like until you see it in person. The location is at a commercial strip mall, but it's no big deal!!! DJ was also terrific. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this place!!! I've heard that the lighting now costs extra, and I'm hoping they'll work that into the prices since the lighting is beautiful! Again, thanks SO much!

Private User
1+ year ago

We are Canadian and were married in Las Vegas on 10/12/13

The Wellington team was amazing from the day we contacted them until the end of our reception. They are some of the nicest people I have ever dealt with .

I worked with Angela and Erika and both of them were phenomenal. The venue is great and was beautifully.
They took care of everything . I highly recommend them

Mrs. M
08/09/2013

I recently had my wedding at the Wellington Place. I didn't even know if the place existed till the day before the wedding at rehearsal. I was shocked at how beautiful it was inside. I had a really great experience with them and would recommend them to brides/grooms who are looking for a stress free option for their wedding. They did almost all the work for our wedding from the decorations to the food. It was great. They worked with me because our guest list was falling a part and they were able to help upgrade. You'll be surprised on how big the Wellington Place is inside (the outside is very deceiving). It's very roomy and comfortable. Decorations were great but I would stress which kind you would like exactly. The food was to die for. I saw a lot of people wrote in reviews about how the chicken was too dry..I ate the chicken myself and it was absolutely perfect! I can't say enough about the food. There was so much of it and it was so wonderful. The cake too! The open bar was a hit and the DJ kept us on the dance floor. The only thing I didn't like about my wedding experience was the photographer. He did what he wanted and not what we wanted. I would recommend anyone who thinks it's important to have quality pictures to bring in their own vendor. That's my only complaint. Other than that the staff is really great. Erica and Angela are really really sweet and accommodating. I appreciate all they have done for me!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just got married in May 2013 and decided to have a destination wedding in Las Vegas. I chose to have the reception at Wellington Place and I cannot imagine a reception going any smoother. The staff were very friendly and attentive to both my and my guests needs both in the planning stages and the night of the reception. The venue is decorated very nicely and all guests commented on how great everything was. This place is locally owned and operated and the owner, Angela puts a lot of pride in her work! I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The setting of the place turned out really nice. And the staff was awesome. They were all accomodating even to our guest.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Angela and Erika did a great job. I was truely blessed in finding this venue. My husband and I live in Hawaii and decided that Vegas would be the perfect location for our ceremony. Needless to say I was worried about everything, but once I contacted Wellington Place I knew this was the place for us to get married. They made me feel so comfortable from the first conversation through the ceremony and reception. I don't know what I would have done without them. Not only was the ceremony great, my family and friends are still talking about the fanstatic food. Ms. Wanda did a great job as the officiant and we felt really comfortable with her. She even helped the groomsmen get ready for the ceremony. Photography was great, especially with all the poses he was very creative. I loved how the Dj kept the party going all night long. He played something for everyone.

Thank you Wellington for everything you truely made our day special and I cannot imagine having been married anywhere else!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Perfect perfect perfect! I can't tell you how many of our wedding guest told us they had so much fun and that the reception was perfect! I'd have to agree! Erika and Angela did a great job getting everything planned for us and everything was perfect! We bombarded them with tons of stupid questions and they answered every single one with a great attitude! And when the big day came Robert our DJ was the man! He got the crowd up and moving and we all had a great bash! Wellington is tops hands down! Thanks guys!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a more perfect Wedding experience! The all inclusive wedding package was ideal because of the economy and because I was an out-of-state bride. Also, Wellington Places’ responsiveness, flexibility and professionalism were invaluable since I couldn’t visit them but twice over the year we worked with them. I was more than pleased with Wellington Place leading up to our ceremony, but was completely overwhelmed with gratitude the night our of our event! Their execution was flawless. Our flowers were gorgeous. The photographer was full of creative/unique ideas and worked with a 15 member wedding party and a whole gaggle of family members like it was nothing. He moved us along and kept us right on schedule. The charter bus service was a blessing and when we arrived the venue looked AMAZING! Classy, elegant and welcoming all at the same time. The ceremony was close and intimate. We used our own officiate, so I can’t comment on that. But, I’m certain they would also have been wonderful. Then, we started the reception!
The food was excellent, our guests were quickly moved through the buffet and every staff member was courtesy, professional and thoughtful. A few examples…one of my rambunctious young nephews had escaped from his parents and was “playing” with some of the decorations when he broke it. The coordinator simply took it from him and redirected him to mom. PERFECT! Also, I went to grab a drink from the bar and my waitress stopped me half way there to let me know she’d already gotten me a drink and it was at my table. What every Bride wants to hear. The DJ set the mood immediately…starting off light then getting everyone on the dance floor before the night was through. It was joyous, fun and absolutely everything we’d hoped for. I would emphatically recommend Wellington Place to any couple, out-of-state or local!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I must say planning a wedding from another state was more stressful then I thought, but everyone at Wellington was more then helpful made my big day a dream come true! It's nothing I would change perfect day, perfect venue! Thanks Wellington!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

My review is for the reception only!

I had my reception at Wellington Place this past weekend and I was very happy with everything! The decor was gorgeous (as was the cake), the food was awesome (especially their rolls, which my whole family is still dreaming about!), and the staff was very attentive and made sure that my family, guests, my husband and myself had everything we ever needed. I don't think I ever had a drink go empty or had a dirty plate for more than 30 seconds, the same went for my guests. My only real complaint is that it didn't last longer!

The transportation to and from our hotel was great and such a great service to offer for my guests as well, especially with a full, open bar. We wanted everyone to be able to have fun and drink but still be safe and having the transportation for our guests really helped with that. My husband's family is very much into karaoke and the DJ kept the songs coming for them to sing. The DJ's method for having us do our grand exit was really great as well and all of my guests really got into it!

I planned everything from Denver and while I did get to see the venue briefly back in December, I did not see anything else up until my actual wedding day. Despite being out of town, everything came out perfect and based on their reviews and how to staff responded I was not nervous about any aspect of my reception. Honestly, anything I ever asked for during my planning, they were happy to give to me without charging me some ridiculous amount of money to do so. Pretty much anytime I asked them to jump, they asked "how high?".

I highly recommend Wellington Place to any bride out there who wants to be stress-free when planning their wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I had my wedding here on 9/9/12 and it was amazing! Planning it from PA was a little difficult but everything worked out great! They did a great job and we were very pleased! We even had a dress malfunction with one of the bridesmaids and the girls were amazing at Wellington, ran across the st. bought some needle and thread and sewed my bridesmaid into her dress to save the day!! Thanks again guys! :)

Kelly Horetsky

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake
4.7

This review is for RECEPTION Only. Let me begin by saying thank you so much to all the staff at Wellington Place for all your hard work. You truly made my special day look spectacular! All the guests were impressed at how beautiful the place turned out to be and of course they had a great time!
My planning began by relying heavily on previous bridal reviews. Trust me, I was hesitant to book with Wellington not knowing if this place even existed. I made an appointment with my fiancé and took a trip to go to see what the hype was about. Yes! They do exist however, as we pulled up to the building it is surrounded by a tattoo place and a Thai Kwon do studio. From the outside it seemed ghetto, but I didn't want to judge by the look of the outside so when we went inside and took a mini tour I realized that this was the place to be.
When I booked way back in 2011 I relied mostly on their website for updates of pictures and videos, but for some reason, lately they have not updated any photos. Gwen (who was the coordinator at the time) showed us different reception settings and the type of table arrangements that they can do. I was particular about having orchids submerged in water with floating candles. Terrae who is their florist made it happen. It was beautiful!!!
I live in CA and writing emails and phone calls were easy since I was able to tell them how I envisioned my venue. Erika & Angela responded to my emails quickly whenever I needed to make changes or upgrades. I would give Erika & Angela 5/5 stars bc they were awesome! They truly represent the company well. Ardis was also there who is the attending supervisor/manager. She was very accommodating and helped the party run smoothly. Thank you ladies!!! Overall, everything turned out as planned. The guests were picked up on time, food was delicious, and of course everyone enjoyed the open bar.

3.8

Wellington Place Management

I would like to thank you and all of the staff at Wellington Place for our beautiful wedding. I am writing this to inform you of the pros and cons of our experience. Like I said, it was a beautiful experience but there were a few bumps here and there that I think would benefit you to know about. I will also be posting this as a review to your venue on multiple websites.

Some of the cons
1. I was very displeased with the amount of time it took Erika to get back to me with simple questions I had emailed. This happened multiple times and was very frustrating for me. There were emails with a couple questions in it and it would take her a week or longer to reply. There are still questions that I received no response to and just gave up.

2. I was told by Angela on 2 different occasions that someone would be contacting me a week or so prior to my event to clarify everything. This did not happen. I waited for a call or an email and nothing came. It wasn't a huge deal but it was just the fact that I was told something and again it didn't happen.

3. We had a short rehearsal the day before our wedding. This was the first time we had ever been to the location so we had planned to take a little time and look around with our family. We did the ceremony rehearsal and looked around a little. Towards the end of our 20ish minute visit Angela suddenly ushered us to the door to leave because she thought someone was coming. This was at noon and the way they told us "you have to go now" we thought a wedding was starting. By the time we got our kids loaded in the car no one had arrived. Multiple family members mentioned that they thought it was very rude they way they "kicked" us out.

4. During our ceremony, a cameraman's cell phone went off. At the time I didn't know it was an employees phone ringing nor did I think it was a huge deal. Later, when I heard that Angela had told everyone -including the employees- to make sure their phones were turned off it kind of made me a little mad to find out that everyone except him had the respect to do so. I heard later on that he was fired on the spot but I was involved in taking pictures and am not positive on what exactly happened. It makes me wonder if I got the short end of the stick as far as paying for professional photographers and one of them was there for about 5 min of my event. But again I don't have the exact details of what happened after the incident. ( We received a check for $150 after our wedding--it didn't state exactly what it was for except in the memo it said DVD)

5. While eating the caesar salad we had chose, I tasted some stale croutons. They were soggy and disgusting. I didn't let it ruin my meal because everything else was DELICIOUS.

6. The day before my wedding I brought all of the things I wanted to have set out for people to sign and see at the reception. About halfway through the reception I discovered that a huge wall hanging that people are supposed to sign was not there. It cost me over $150 and not everyone signed it because by the time they located it and brought it out of the office everyone was caught up in drinking and dancing. I was really disappointed that I had to be the one to realize that this was not set out and that I spent so much money on something not everyone got to enjoy or sign.

7. I just recently learned that as we were leaving from the rehearsal on the day before the wedding... my now husband told Angela he was going to bring by some champagne and a bouquet of flowers to have put in the bridal room for the wedding day as a surprise for me. She assured him he would not have to do so because they would have it done for him. He felt that it would be done by them so he didn't bring any to the event beforehand. On the wedding day I noticed that the bartender had brought in some flowers and just set them in the back corner of the room but I thought nothing of it. I had asked for an alcoholic beverage to calm my nerves 45 min before the ceremony started and was told that was not allowed but they would see what they could do. I did end up getting a drink before the ceremony but then to find out that he was going to bring these things in himself and was told not to because they would cover it for him and then none of it happened was upsetting.

Some of the pros
Overall my wedding was wonderful. The decorations at the ceremony were beautiful and other than the ringing cell phone it went great. I loved our officiant. He made us feel comfortable and even cracked a few jokes. Very fun. I would definitely pay the extra to go to the park and get pictures taken. The park with the waterfall is gorgeous and the pictures turned out wonderful. Our DJ took us there in his van even though we didn't pay to go in a limo. I thought that was very thoughtful of him and I appreciate it very much. The staff helped us through what we all were supposed to do and they were very nice about it. My husband and I had our own server who made sure that we had everything we needed. She was very helpful and kept our plates and cups full. Other than the croutons in the salad our food was absolutely delicious. Everyone raved about the meatballs, pinwheels, penne pasta, mini cheesecakes, and the cake. I heard one person say the chicken was dry but I didn't really notice. As far as I know everyone got what they wanted from the bar. I had communicated with Angela and Erika during this whole process up until the actual event. I never did see Erika and Angela was in and out during the event. I cannot remember the name of the lady that seemed most helpful. She made up my flowers and was the bartender. She was very nice and helpful. They helped us pack all of our stuff up and into the limo at the end of the night.
Looking back I would have changed a few things but I am very happy with the end result. I have not seen our photographs or video yet but I hope they turned out well. I would't pay the high prices for the upgrades because without any it was just fine. If there are things that you know you want to be specific (I wanted my bridesmaid and matron of honor to have more than one rose) I would make it clear and get it verified via email.
We just received our pictures and are VERY pleased with them. They did a great job getting wonderful shots. I wish I would have told the photographers more ideas of pictures that I would have wanted but my mind was crazy that day so I didn't. Our ceremony video is awesome except it has a small blooper in it. The voice of the officiant starts doubling for few seconds but it isn't too long so I won't complain. Not everything can be perfect.

***After sending this email to management, I received some rude responses from Angela. She told me that I am just out to hurt their business. I am only giving the information on my experience to help future brides. Good luck all!

Wellington Place responded with the following comments:

Daisha,
Your groom asked the day prior to your wedding, where would he be able to find the nearest store to purchase/order Champagne and flowers to place in the bride's room. I advised him that we would take care of it free of charge. (I thought it was a very beautiful gesture.)

We would like to inform you, we were awaiting a special note to go along with the flowers, (advised from a very friendly lady attending your wedding), however, the special note was in inadvertently left behind at the hotel. We held the flowers as long as possible (for the note), however, the groom's party arrived late for their scheduled limo pick up, therefore, we took the flowers to the bride's room, as there wasn't much time left before the start of the ceremony.

We were also advised by a very friendly family member (attending your wedding), offering you champagne was probably not a good idea as you were experience “stomach problems”.

With regard to the rehearsal, the rehearsal time is 15-20, minutes. I'm very sorry you felt rushed, but we needed to produce your wedding which was less than 24 hours away. Additionally, we needed to assist other clients who were scheduled for appointments.
We have been in business, in Las Vegas for more than 24 years; we produce hundreds of Events every year. One thing we know for sure: it is simply impossible to please everyone: (although we give it our very best.)