Weddings Made Splendid
You cut the cake; I'll cut the chaos!
10971 Bali Lane

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I don't think that I need to say that Weddings are A BIG DEAL and way to much work, however, the reason we get married and plan a wedding is because we found that special person that lights up our life and we want it to be a day we will always remember. I have to say that this vision is most times a vision of perfection. From what I have heard from others, weddings never turn out perfect, HOWEVER, Meaghan (now nicknamed Meg by my husband and I) IS the reason our wedding was PERFECT!! I am a very artsy person and I had many details I wanted included. MEG was detail oriented from the first day we began working with her; additionally she is a sweetheart. She helped make wedding planning go smoothly and alleviated lots of work and stress for us the month of the wedding and allowed us to have more time together. Anytime we had questions or needed recommendations there she was to help and solve the problem. THE DAY OF THE WEDDING, let me begin by saying that as a detail oriented person it is mostly impossible for me to just let someone else take the rope, however, I completely trusted that Meg would make sure all the details we had planned would be in place and I can truthfully say I did not feel a need to call her all day, the day of our wedding. Surely enough after the ceremony when we arrived at the Reception I was stunned to see that everything had been set up even more gorgeous than I could have ever imagined (I did not need to call her even once that day, she had it all taken care of). She worked wonderfully with every vendor and was right all the way about her comment on our DJ. She knows when a vendor is good or not so I would recommend following her advice to the "T". My Husband said from day one that we made the best decision in hiring Meg to be our wedding planner, we cannot thank you enough MEG!! For making our day so special!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!
Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were so thankful to have Meaghan from Weddings Made Splendid coordinate our wedding. From the very first day, Meaghan was very professional and answered all my questions. One of the things that made my life easier throughout the entire planning process was Meaghan's flexibility. My husband and I, live in Phoenix, AZ and were planning the wedding long distance. She was always an email or a text away, even when I had the craziest pre-wedding questions!

Of all of the vendors, Meaghan was by far, the one that I was the most pleased with. One of the most stressful situations that Meaghan helped me through, was to coordinate the caterer's contract. She worked with me for over a month, going back and forth with the caterer--just to make sure that I was not getting cheated! She went out of her way, to guarantee that I had everything in my contract, that I was expecting. Meaghan was always very honest, and she gave me plenty of options, that she had acquired from past experiences.

Meaghan is extremely approachable! During the wedding planning process, there were a ton of emails going back and forth, and by the time you get to the end, you feel like you have known her forever! She always answered her emails with a day or two, if not that day--she was always prompt!

You can definitely tell Meaghan has been doing this a long time, because our wedding was so smooth because of her. I loved that she stayed on top of our payments for our vendors. As we got close to due dates, she kept us on track and very gently reminded us--which was awesome! On the day of the wedding, she was so friendly, prompt and professional--even our families noticed! It truly was a pleasure working with Meaghan, and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend her to anyone!!!!!
Wedding: 06/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Meaghan at Weddings Made Splendid was a fantastic vendor to work with and a fantastic investment that totally paid off. I am so happy that my husband and I were able to work with Meaghan, she really took so much off our plates that we were actually able to enjoy our wedding day. She was organized, professional, which I greatly valued, and so sweet and enthusiastic even after our big day. We are so grateful to her for all her help, and would absolutely recommend her services to anyone.
The day of our wedding rehearsal, several people pulled me aside to say "You hired the right person to be your coordinator!"(Before the wedding even took place!) We made an awesome choice in hiring Meaghan at Weddings Made Splendid to coordinate the month before the wedding. Meaghan is incredibly detail-oriented, and has every last bit of information covered for you.
Meaghan played such a huge role in making our wedding go smoothly, I can't imagine having gotten it all done without her. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator on your wedding day, do it...and hire Weddings Made Splendid!
Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Meaghan has been one of THE best parts of wedding planning. She was friendly, helpful, smart, organized, thoughtful and made my life so much easider during this process. My wedding was perfect--because of Meaghan, and I know it was no easy feat, as I had what felt like 10000 vendors and details. But she handled it all perfectly. Also, she gave me several referrals that ended up being PERFECT.
Wedding: 02/19/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are literally not enough good things I can write here about Meaghan, Star and the entire Weddings Made Splendid team. But especially Meaghan, who literally took on my wedding as my DOC and brought it all together the day/month of beyond my wildest dreams. If you get married without her, you are doing yourself, your wedding and your guests a huge disservice, and I genuinely mean that.

I got married in January of this year and had about 16 months of planning, crafting and inspiration done on my own. Meaghan and the team came in and basically made sure the entire event ran smoothly. She took away a great deal of stress about the timeline (which was SOOO detailed and minute by minute I might add), the ceremony, the decor and the flow of the night. In the beginning of wedding planning, because I was so detail oriented and loved planning, I was thinking I didn't need a DOC, I would just ask friends/fam, etc. But, I was so wrong. I have now become a believer, like all the others that told me, their biggest regret was not hiring a DOC, and please let me tell you Meaghan is the best one you can find. I came to her office with bins and bins and boxes of handmade intricate details and she took all of this, organized it into FIVE pages of detailed instructions and made the wedding of my dreams come true. The day of my wedding was literally the BEST DAY EVER and I owe a great deal of that to Meaghan. I honestly and truly believe that if you do not hire her as your planner/DOC/organizer/stress reliever/right hand gorgeous lady your wedding is going to be mediocre at best!

She is also adorable and has a fabulous sense of style and great taste. My mom, my hubs and even all my guests adored her, as do I! I will be recommending her to all my friends, my family and even strangers!
Wedding: 01/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Meaghan for the “month of” coordination services 3 months before our wedding and she went above and beyond our expectations.

Meaghan was extremely flexible in coordinating our event and had the additional challenge of us being from the east coast (time zone differences, unable to do certain items in person, etc). We randomly chose some coordinators and after my fiance met with her, determined that her level of professionalism and vested interest in our event placed her above the other candidates. Meaghan was honest, she laid out all the options, and shared previous experiences of other clients to ensure we were the most informed when it came to making final decisions. Meaghan truly has your event and the success of it at heart. She is very approachable and you feel like you have known her for a while - even if you haven't met her yet! She answered all of our NUMEROUS emails and even those few panicked phone calls (when we were a little overwhelmed) immediately. Her experience was evident in the smooth operation of the entire event. And although it is her job...she definitely kept us coordinated (with gentle reminders) and on track ensuring all the pre-wedding work (contracts, deadlines, etc) was finished in plenty of time. We also had some unique requests for our timeline of the event and in the decorations of the venue. She took to heart learning about our specific themes and interests and quite simply, made it happen! I highly recommend her services - you won't be disappointed!
Wedding: 12/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We absolutely loved Starr, from "Weddings Made Splendid." She did a fantastic job at our daughter's wedding. I have to confess that, in the beginning, I had to be talked into even the concept of having a wedding coordinator - I mean, how hard could it be to plan everything yourself? But let me tell you now, there is a TON of things that require your undivided attention on your wedding day, and it was so great not to have to worry about any of them, thanks to Starr. The wedding was so perfect, and it was so wonderful to be in the moment of the day, and not to have to worry about anything. Coordinating a wedding requires a professional!

We hired her for the month of, and she kept us on track all the way to the wedding day. She was very friendly, and we felt very comfortable with her relaxed, confident personality. But most of all, she was organized. She kept track of all the things that needed to be done and the time line of the wedding. She provided so many great suggestions about all the little details that we never thought of. Starr was so helpful at the rehearsal - lining everyone up in the right order when we weren't quite sure, and getting them to wait for their cue. She did all the set up of the reception herself, and asked questions about everything if she wasn't quite sure.

Who knew how to really lace up a corset dress? Starr did - and fast too. Who sewed the button back on a groomsman's jacket? Starr, of course. She was always in the backround offering lots of help. It was great to put our daughter's wedding in her hands and just enjoy the day. If there were any problems, we are not aware of any of them. The wedding was magical and perfect, and Starr made all the difference. She was amazing!
Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Let me start by saying I have been planning my wedding since I was 6 years old, so I never thought I would want/ need a wedding coordinator... But hiring Meaghan was the best decision I made when it came to the wedding (besides saying yes to the groom of course!)

I cannot say enough fabulous things about Meaghan and Weddings Made Splendid! I had many wonderful vendors for my wedding, but Meaghan gave me a peace of mind that no money can buy.

Everything others have reviewed about her has been correct- she is friendly, professional, organized, responsible, and so detail oriented- characteristics that are imperative when one is spending money for a coordinator. I wanted to do most of the planning myself, so I hired her for the month of to tie together all the loose ends. Being from out of town, it was great to have her there, especially during the last week before the wedding when I was trying to entertain out of town relatives. She had contacted all my vendors well in advance so I only had her contacting me instead of a million separate vendors. When I met with her to do the final walk through, I only explained my "vision" once and when I got to my reception site, everything was exactly as I had envisioned!

Our wedding day was perfect and relaxing! When we returned from the honeymoon, I heard that a few major things had occurred with some of the vendors, but I had no clue as Meaghan had dealt with everything discreetly so as to not ruin our day. Even my father (who is somewhat "cheap" and thought it was ridiculous that I wanted him to pay for a coordinator) actually admitted the day after the wedding that she was well worth the money (a HUGE admission on his part).

This review does not do Meaghan justice- I wish I could emphasize more how wonderful she is and how hiring Weddings Made Splendid will be the best money you spend for your wedding!!!
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When a friend brought up the idea of hiring a wedding coordinator for our upcoming nuptuals, my initial reaction (as a compulsive DIY'er) was that I could plan the wedding and just handle everything on our wedding day as well. As I progressed into wedding planning, I realized there was no way I could take on day-of-coordination and still have time to enjoy my wedding day; I decided to meet with Meaghan to hear what she had to offer. I was so impressed after our first meeting and after having the pleasure of working with Meaghan, my opinion of hiring a wedding planner has completely changed. Meaghan's attention to detail, love of spreadsheets and floor plans, advice on every wedding-related question imaginable, follow-through and quick response to my many emails truly wowed me. Our wedding day ran so smoothly, everyone had a great time and we avoided many potential hiccups thanks to Meaghan's help. She was a delight to work with!
Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Starr did a wonderful job as our wedding coordinator, and we highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. She met with us on multiple occasions, listened to our ideas, made thoughtful suggestions and did a great job coordinating all of our various vendors and finalizing the floor plans and set up. We had a very tight timeline and there were only had a couple of hours for set up just prior to the ceremony. Starr pulled this off wonderfully and we didn’t have to worry about a thing the whole day. Thanks to Starr, our day turned out even more wonderful than we had imagined.
Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you find yourself in the market for a wedding coordinator and Meaghan Schmaltz isn’t available on your wedding date, then I strongly advise you to change your wedding date. You can agonize endlessly over florists, photographers, bakeries and venues, but there’s nothing – in my opinion – that ensures the perfect wedding like a first-rate wedding planner. If you are skeptical, consider this well-known truth: for every wedding detail you think you’ve got covered, there’s at least ten that you haven’t even thought of. A good wedding planner has these myriad details “in the can,” plus more; and if she’s truly exceptional, you’ll feel as though the entire process of planning your wedding moves effortlessly and seamlessly from the early harrowing stages of picking stationery and a DJ through the culmination of all your decisions on your wedding day. Hiring a wedding planner is like getting insurance for your wedding day and, chosen correctly, it is worth every penny. Looking back at our wedding, my husband and I are most impressed with our decision to engage Meaghan over other wedding planners; she had just a handful of reviews on Yelp, which would typically be a red flag to veteran Yelpers like us, but after a 30-minute interview with her we cancelled our appointments to meet with the other candidates because we truly believed we’d hit the jackpot. We were right.

Meaghan had her work cut out for her from the beginning. My fiancé and I lived in different cities and time zones, neither of which was the location of our wedding venue, vendors or Meaghan, for that matter. We were aiming for a lush, romantic and luxurious-themed ceremony, but were operating under an inflexible budget. We wanted a non-military ceremony, but also wanted to include certain military embellishments in honor of my fiancé’s service as a naval aviator. Most significantly, we knew what we didn’t want but were far less clear on what we did. These factors alone would’ve been challenging for any wedding professional to reconcile, but Meaghan took everything in stride as if she’d done it a hundred times before. Communicating almost exclusively by E-mail could have been terribly inefficient and totally unpleasant if she hadn’t been so responsive and so complete. Whether I asked one question or four, Meaghan answered them all and usually within the space of a couple of hours. She proactively liaised with our vendors, took copious notes, made rigorous checklists and kept records of every piece of correspondence for her files. Pragmatic but a romantic at heart, she encouraged our creativity but was never shy about offering guidance where it was clear we needed some. Best of all, Meaghan was consistently courteous, warm and client-oriented. If I hadn’t asked, I never would have guessed she was juggling several other weddings while she was planning ours. Remarkably, she always made us feel as though we were her only client. If that doesn’t speak for good service then I don’t know what does!

But the true test of a wedding planner’s mettle is The Catastrophe. Two days before the wedding, a power outage of unprecedented magnitude rendered the entire city of San Diego and vast surrounding areas without electricity. I recall vividly sitting at home in my sweatpants and breathing into a paper bag when I picked up a voicemail from Meaghan, assuring me that everything would be ok. Had the reassurance come from anyone else, I would’ve balked, but Meaghan’s words meant the show would go on.

Our wedding day came and went, and thankfully, not only did we have electricity, but we had every other imaginable good fortune – impeccable weather, exquisite flowers, beautiful music and happy guests. It was absolutely magical. When it came time to thank our parents at the reception, my fiancé and I could not help but mention Meaghan. She was far and away the best investment we made in that event, and our gratitude to her extends to the present day. If you have the opportunity to book her, do so, and you will not be disappointed.
Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We got married at The Thursday Club in Point Loma on July 9th. We had a beautiful wedding. Meaghan made everything run so smoothly, and she was very nice. We don't know what we would have done without her! Meaghan picked up on a lot of details we missed, and her and Starr were great with our guests at the wedding. She even created computer diagrams for our tables and ceremony seating. On top of that, she went through our contracts with a fine-toothed comb and found several things we hadn't thought about that were crucial details for the wedding day. We highly recommmend Weddings Made Splendid!!
Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Meaghan Schmaltz was an absolute dream to work with. She made our wedding day and month leading up to the big day seem so organized and I can't imagine having to sort through all the little details ourselves. We still talk about the fact that it was one of the best decisions we made with the wedding.

She just jumped in and took control of the situation providing recommendations and advice along the way. After our first meeting, she was able to pick up on our style and was such a pleasure to work with.

I wasn't sure at first if I was going to use a wedding planner, since we were trying to keep within a budget. I can honestly say that our decision to use a wedding planner made all the difference in the world. Our decision to go with Meaghan was worth every penny and more! After several weeks of research, they not only were the most affordable, but the quality of service far succeeded what we paid for.

She helped me with the month of services as well as on our wedding rehearsal and wedding day. I couldnt have done it without her. I have a pretty crazy schedule with work and she was able to meet me around my schedule. She spoke to all the vendors prior to wedding and had them where they needed to be, answering all their questions. She had diagrams of both the ceremony and reception locations done and to me the day after we met at each location. She worked through several last minute situations we had and we even changed reception locations the last month. She always got back to me immediately with answers or suggestions to the many questions and concerns I had.

My family and friends all pulled me aside at different times praising Meaghan for the behind the scenes work and how extremely organized and patient she was. My parents even had her stay longer that we had contracted her for because they didn't want her to leave! It sure takes all the stress off the bride and any family members you think you want to designate to do things.

We had our ceremony and reception in two separate locations. She and her assistant covered every last detail and were always available for anyone needing anything the day of. I would absolutely recommend Weddings Made Splendid to every bride that thinks she can do it on her own or to anyone looking for someone to jump right in and keep your life organized during the madness! :) She is creative, professional and super detail oriented.

Thanks Meaghan!!

Wedding: 04/09/2011

Private User 2 Reviews
Enlisting “Weddings Made Splendid” to help coordinate our wedding was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning! We clicked with Meaghan the moment we met her- she was so friendly and very down to earth. It was clear how much she loves weddings and how passionate she is about her job, and is also so genuine and real about it (a personality that can be a bit hard to find in the wedding industry). She is extremely organized as well- something I noticed and appreciated as a fellow “list maker.” This personality really came through as we watched her deal with both vendors and guests before and during the wedding- she was easy to get along with and got business done at the same time.

It made such a difference in the final pre-wedding months to be working with someone that is clearly on top of it- you get the feeling there is nothing she can’t handle. Basically from the minute we met with her, we never worried about details at the wedding because we knew that no matter what happened “Meaghan would take care of it.” This certainly proved to be the case! A perfect example of this came the morning of the wedding as the scheduled person for hair and makeup suddenly came down with the stomach flu- luckily Meaghan almost immediately found a new (and amazing) hair/makeup artist to step in. An impressive feat to do this last minute, and even more so considering it was 7am on New Years Day!

On the day of the wedding, Meaghan helped everything come together perfectly. She and her assistant somehow managed to get the entire area set up before the wedding- as we went to get ready the morning of the wedding, there were a bunch of tables standing around and chairs stacked against the wall- when we came out, the area had been transformed into a beautiful ceremony and reception area. It honestly felt like magic! All ceremony and reception events went just as planned thanks to her direction and coordination, and if there were any issues, we never heard about it. Somehow even with all the other things to coordinate, she always found time to check in on us and get us food or drink as needed. There was not a single thing we had to worry about at our wedding- thanks to Meaghan, we just enjoyed the amazing day!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired Meaghan approximately three weeks before my wedding. At first, I had no intentions of hiring a DOC, but after much discussion with other brides and my family, it soon became clear I needed a DOC. I initially called another woman whom I had met at a bridal show and that woman was busy so she recommended Meaghan. Man I sure am glad she did!!!

Meaghan was very detail oriented and organized – 2 traits I find to be of utmost importance, especially in this line of work. From the very start, Meaghan jumped in and took over where I had left off. I had already chosen most of my vendors, but she made contact with every single one. She read every contract and ensured I was getting what I wanted at every turn. We discussed every detail at great lengths and she even suggested things I never even thought of. She became as involved with my wedding as I was and she amazed me at how she handled every aspect with such proficiency and dedication to what I wanted for my big day. She even acted as a liaison between me and the man who was my contact at my venue – a task that proved Meaghan is a patient yet get it done kind of girl. I do not know what I would have done without her.

On the big day, Meaghan was there bright and early making sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing. She checked on me often and she even put out a few fires along the way. Meaghan was all over the place. She had only one assistant; I will never know how the two of them pulled it off without a hitch! The ceremony was organized and beautiful. Meaghan made sure every detail was perfect!

The reception was filled with many bumps due to poor planning at my venue. Meaghan was all over it! Without her, the reception would have been a disaster. I am so grateful that she took care of every detail and allowed me to just enjoy the whole event. I had not a care in the world because I knew whatever came up, Meaghan could and would handle it!
I could go on and on about the amazing job Meaghan did on my wedding – but this review would be soooo long. Meaghan went above and beyond my expectations and I could not have been happier! I will use Meaghan for every event – big or small – that I have in the future and I highly recommend you do the same! Thank you so much Meaghan! You know you are my hero for making my wedding PERFECT!
Wedding: 11/12/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a wedding this past October and it was perfect because of Meaghan! Our venue was a large condo complex on the beach and to say that it can be confusing to get around would be a huge understatement! We knew right away that we would need a very organized and capable person to direct not only the various vendors, but the guests as well to make sure that everything was on time and running smoothly! We met with Meaghan and knew right away that she would be perfect for us!

She helped us pick vendors and introduced us to some great people who really care about weddings and want to make your day the best possible! Meaghan is also THE best when it comes to communication, she was talking to our vendors every week it seemed like to make sure that everything was on track! She is also very good at answering email and phone calls!

Meaghan also has some fierce people skills which can come in handy when dealing with as many people as it takes to have a wedding. She is attentive and have I mentioned organized? Besides possessing the necessary skills to navigate through the wedding industry she also is a genuinely nice and good person who is easy to talk to (which is REALLY important!)

Bottom line is this: Meaghan was the best money we spent on the wedding, she made sure that everything was completely stress free in the months up to the wedding and the day of! I would definitely contact her for all your wedding planning needs!
Wedding: 10/16/2010
 858-692-6200
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire