Weddings by Nicole, Inc.

Weddings by Nicole, Inc.

Favorite
Lansing, MI
517.886.0601
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
4.3
Value
Flexibility

Weddings by Nicole provided the chiavari chairs and the specialty table skirtings for our wedding reception. We cannot say enough great things about Nicole and her team! The service and professionalism were outstanding. She was very accessible and accommodating, even when we had to add additional chairs during the week leading up to the wedding. Everything looked absolutely beautiful and was exactly what we had pictured for our wedding day!

Recently Married
1.3

I had a terrible experience with Weddings By Nicole and would not recommend her to others. She was late to set up (actually had me down for the wrong day), forgot a bunch of materials I rented, had the audacity to charge me for more after all this happened when she forgot something on the contract and wouldn't offer any discount or help for being late and pushing everything behind. Overall, not very happy and I wouldn't recommend her. This caused me a lot of stress and shuffling things around the day before my wedding and was not what I wanted or planned.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

The bridal bouquet and wedding party flowers were perfect!

Weddings by Nicole, Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business and are so delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations with your special day floral & decor!!
We would LOVE to see pictures, if you have them back now and could send a few our way!! Thanks so much and best wishes always!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Very happy with Weddings by Nicole. She was very easy to work with especially after having a bad experience with one of her major competitors. I had already made a $200 deposit with one of her competitors and she was willing to take that off of my total with her. Nicole was accommodating especially given the fact that I went to her about 3 months prior to our wedding. Nicole made sure that everything looked beautiful. Thanks Nicole!

Recently Married

We were very happy with the quality of the service from weddings by Nicole. We rented our chair covers from Nicole and they made our reception beautiful! Nicole was very flexible and even came to the venue the evening before to confirm the color of the sash would match our other decorations. Very happy!

Weddings by Nicole, Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review! We were delighted to service your Event, by way of chair covers & sashes and it was and is our pleasure, to go the extra mile - to ensure that our client's are satisfied with our product and service! It was our pleasure taking the added steps to make sure that your room decor, did in fact match your sash color selection! Best wishes always!!

1+ year ago

They were very flexible as the day I would be able to have chair covers set up kept changing and they even came back the following day when it was discovered that the hall had not put out the correct number of chairs!

Weddings by Nicole, Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review! Yes!! When chair counts change, especially last minute- it can be stressful for everyone involved...and especially our Bride! We were happy to come back out with additional chair covers and sashes, to complete your overall room decor and last minute increase!
We appreciate your business and your referrals!
Thank you and again and best wishes always...~Nicole

Anna
06/07/2014

Weddings By Nicole, Inc. that I utilized for my wedding on June 7, 2014 was beyond what I had expected in the presentation of florals and bouquets. Nicole also put together a couple of Hawaiin lei's to place on chairs at our ceremony in memory of my husband's parents. This was a last minute request and she was able to deliver them both in a timely and professional manner. My expectations of the decor were exceeded beyond my expectations. Everything they did was absolutely beautiful and could not have been more perfect in portraying my tropical themed wedding. Thank you Weddings By Nicole, Inc.!! It was a pleasure to work with you and I would highly recommend their services for any and all types of events.

Kindly,
Anna R. LaMere-Edgar

Weddings by Nicole, Inc. responded with the following comments:

We are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations, here at Weddings by Nicole, Inc.
it is our heart's desire and pleasure to create a beautiful setting, for both your Wedding Ceremony & Wedding Reception!
Thank you for your business & referrals!!
Best wishes always,
~ Nicole

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago
4.2

I used this vendor to rent linens. The price was great and the process very easy. Some of the linens were stained or appeared old. I rented more than I needed, so everything worked out!

1.7

It was not great at all her team which was two people were supposed to be there setting up first thing in the morning. They arrived around 9:30 am and began setting the tables up but when I arrived at around 10:45 they were sitting at the tables on their phones texting and talking and proceeded to stay on this break for over an hour. The flowers were terrible the brides bouquet was lavender roses and stephanotis the roses where wilting and had a brown tint to them along with the stephanotis. The groomsmen boutonnieres where falling apart and losing petals while they were getting pinned on. When My mother-in Law called her to let her know that there were two corsages missing she snapped at her and even though there was NO MENTION of any sort of refund on my mother-in-laws part Nicole yelled at her that there would be no refund on the flowers. Finally after over an hour Nicole showed up with what seemed like the rest of the decorations and her two workers began working again. It was clearly noted in the contract that guest would begin arriving at 4:00 pm and she assured me that the room would be totally set up by then. However when my guest began to arrive they were still setting up champagne flutes and water goblets on the tables. The chocolate fountain was supposed to be flowing and ready to go also however the chocolate was not melted and for the first hour and a half of the ceremony it did not work it was pumping out large clumps of chocolate and was leaned to one side so the fountain did not flow like it should. There are two stair banisters that ran behind the head table that were supposed to be wrapped in tulle and white lighting but neither side was wrapped. My head table was supposed to have light and dark purple swag lining the head of it but it did not it simply had a plain white table cover on the three sections and skirting in the front. I paid almost $300 for this candy bar but there was hardly any candy in any of the jars which were supposed to be the

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
2.8

I had Weddings By Nicole do all my decorations at my wedding and the flowers. They did a nice job on the decorations, but many things went wrong that day. Nicole told me I could give them a box of my things and they would take care of it. Well that didn't happen. At the ceremony, we went to do our unity sand and none of our unity sand set was their. Very frustrating! At the reception champagne glasses weren't set out, no vases for the girls bouquet were set out, and they didn't even set out all of our party favors. Come to find out, our box of things were sitting in the closet at the reception with all of our things! I was told it would be taken care of, but instead they pick through the box and not set everything out? Very unprofessional. If anyone is thinking about going here, I truly would consider going somewhere else. If you do choose this place, just be careful. Don't let them set ANYTHING out for you! Mise well do it yourself.

Weddings by Nicole, Inc. responded with the following comments:

We here at Weddings by Nicole, Inc. treat each and every event- as if it were our very own. It is to our dismay, that this client chose to post 100% inaccurate information about us, on this review site. I (Nicole) and Anna (our lead florists), personally tended to every detail of this client's floral & decor order...their Unity sand ensemble and floral arrangement were all in place at the Chapel. Their wedding favors were also placed every other guest seat (couple provided two different types of favors and they were to be placed by alternating every other one). We were never given a box of wine glasses or champagne flutes to be set out...not once indicated in meetings or in their very specific contract.
The Bridal bouquet display vases were delivered to the Chapel, as discussed with this client...this was to ensure that the bouquets were hydrated thru the Ceremony and vases were to be brought back to the Reception venue by the family's designated representative.

We have reached out to this client with hopes for positive exchange of dialog, as this is the first we have heard of such news.

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
2+ years ago

These people are simply wonderful. They are quick to respond to questions and very friendly. The event was absolutely beautiful. Thank you!

akolp
05/25/2013

As a guy, my first reaction was skepticism that having a wedding coordinator was necessary. Over time, I realized that was wrong! Nicole was absolutely wonderful, and she really helped my wife and I stay on track and figure things out (what we need, when to do it, etc). Nicole was attentive to our needs and concerns, flexible with our schedules, and more than willing to meet in person to help. I can't say enough about how pleased I was. We started to go over budget and she was willing to help us find ways to get back into our range. She was all over the details on the day of the wedding so we had NOTHING to worry about or do other than show up. The reception hall was stunning, and Nicole even threw in a few extras to make it shine. My wife and I couldn't have been happier, and anyone looking for help with planning, linens, etc should really check Nicole out.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
05/25/2013

Wow, what a comfort it was working Nicole for our wedding on May 25th 2013. We had about 270 guests. The ceremony was at St. Mary Church in Westphalia, MI. The reception followed at the Eagle Eye Golf Club in the Grand Garden Room. The ambience throughout the ceremony & reception was absolutely beautiful, breathtaking & more exceptional than we could have ever imagined. I am confident that our event had a level of elegance that could only be achieved through Nicole's expertise. The compliments that both my husband & I & our families received throughout & after the event were priceless. Hearing repeatedly from different people about various aspects of the event that guests/family/friends loved & how much it meant to them is so powerful. I am eternally grateful for all of Nicole's talent, experience, reliable advice & services that made it happen.

Her guidance & experience were reassuring throughout the entire process. When we felt unsure about something, she was there with great insight to help us make well-informed decisions. For example, we did not know who to contact for invitations or what they would cost given our guest count & kinds that we liked. She steered us in the right direction every time. Generosity goes far when doing business, especially with something personal & precious like a wedding. Nicole's generosity was calming when we were in the process of making decisions about important items such as colors. She encouraged us to take home different linen colors/fabric samples so that we could take time to think about what we wanted before making a final decision, this helped us make good, well-informed decisions. It was hard for us to make these kinds of decisions on our own, we knew we wanted it to look beautiful & elegant, but we only have one shot at a great wedding & it is a once in a lifetime event, so it really helped to have the time to think about things & see them for as long as we needed in person before deciding. (1 of 3 - Continued...)

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
05/25/2013

Nicole was so accessible. Whether via text, phone, email or in person, it was so valuable to be able to communicate with her about anything, anytime. She is a very hard-working, talented, generous, thoughtful & gracious person. We are so thankful to Nicole & her team for the beautiful work that they do & we look forward to using her services again for other events in the future. We have countless words of praise for Nicole & she is very, VERY highly recommended by us & by both of our families!

Thank you!!! (3 of 3 - End)

05/24/2013

Not only was her service exceptional, her connections that she shared with us for our event were invaluable! We got the best photographer, Marvin Hall, through Nicole. We got the best limo/party bus, Perfection Limousine, through Nicole. The best hair/makeup service on the day-of, All Tressed Up, through Nicole. The best looking invitation we had ever seen, through Nicole's expertise in working with the company & her, as well as her advice on wording, layout & design. We would not have known about any of these gems without Nicole. Not only that, but she would contact them for us to follow-up on things or attend appointments with us when we needed guidance. In addition to getting referred to these incredible people/places, we got the best price through working with Nicole. They all knew who she was, would see her often, & had worked together for a long time. Those relationships are something that we did not have, nor could any amount of money buy. We got discounts & the best rates on all of these services because of the strong relationships that Nicole had with each of them. It also made everything fit together perfectly since they would often see each other & be able to touch base on things or ask questions if needed. & she always kept us in the loop if so, via a follow-up email, phone call or text.

I can remember meeting with a contact at the Eagle Eye Golf Club regarding the price of something, & my husband texted Nicole during the meeting to ask if a cost quote for an item sounded accurate to her, & she responded right then to him, & we were able to move forward in the best & most-informed manner possible. How cool & awesome it was to know she always had our back & was there for us. (2 of 3 - Continued...)

I utilized Nicole's services for my daughter's first birthday party. The theme was that of a carnival and the event turned out beautifully! I was super pleased with everything and my guests were floored! And more importantly, My baby girl enjoyed herself. I was able to sit with Nicole in one meeting and describe the vibe that I wanted for this event and she had great suggestions and took it from there. It was such a worry free event for me and I was so happy that I contacted Weddings By Nicole.

I am looking forward to many other events for them to assist me with.

Services Used: Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)