Wedding Guitarist, Wedding Musician, Jason Sulkin Music - Solo, Duo, Trio & More

Solo guitar, guitar/violin duo, guitar/flute duo, String Trios, String Quartets, Jazz Groups

5158 Clareton, Suite 293
Agoura Hills, CA 91376 | map
Arrangements: Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumenta...
Instruments: Cello, Flute, Guitar, Piano, Viola, Violin
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason Sulkin is one of a kind. We hired Jason to play acoustic guitar during our cocktail hour and dinner, and it was the perfect choice. His choice of songs was very fitting for the occasion, and we had guests continually complimenting our choice. He was very easy to work with from the day we contacted him, and was more than willing to learn new songs if he didn't know those that we wanted. Thankfully, he already knew my favorite! Choosing Jason for our music was one of the best decisions that we made regarding our wedding, and we highly recommend him.

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason was simply a joy to work with and helped make our wedding even that much more beautiful. I myself am a wedding planner by trade and could not be happier with the results from Jason. He really cares about his clients and is all of the above: responsive, professional, a great value and has so many great ideas. Not to mention his music is just lovely and perfect for a ceremony. We also had him play for our cocktail hour and the guests just loved him. As a wedding planner I would hire him for my own brides again and again! Thank you, Jason!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason played for our pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour. He was the perfect addition and really set the tone for an elegant wedding. He was extremely professional, and executed our ceremony perfectly! We are so grateful he was a part of our day and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a guitarist for their event!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Jason and his violinist to play for our outdoor wedding ceremony in Santa Barbara followed by our cocktail hour based on a friend's recommendation. Leading up the event, Jason was extremely responsive via email and learned to play multiple songs so that I was able to walk down the aisle to my favorite song "All I Ask Of You" from Phantom of the Opera. He was very flexible with our music requests and was able to provide song options for all age groups. Ceremony Music was one of the most strangest things about wedding planning-it is one of the first things that guests see and hear when they arrive at the event so it needs to be awesome but as the bride, you literally never get to hear the musicians play until you are walking down the aisle and then we skipped our cocktail hour to take pictures so I truly heard Jason play only once as I walked down the aisle. I know that he did an incredible job though because I had multiple friends and family members come up to me to ask who he was, where he came from, and two friends even asked for his contact info so they could book him for their weddings next year. I highly recommend Jason and his team to anyone needing a musician in LA or Santa Barbara- he is truly the best! He takes all of the stress out of the process and the results are fantastic!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason was amazing at our ceremony. He and his violinist provided beautiful music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were able to set the perfect tone for our wedding. Not only did he do an amazing job at our wedding he was very responsive to my needs and wants. He made me feel very comfortable because he was friendly and very knowledgable! I highly recommend him!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Jason for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Unfortunately, I only got to enjoy his beautiful guitar playing for the short ceremony! (I had to be elsewhere for the cocktail hour, sadly.) I did get to hear Jason play Storybook Love from the movie, The Princess Bride, and that was enough for me. Jason has a huge repertoire of music, which I appreciated. He took the time to talk to me before the wedding day to make sure he knew what kind of music I wanted. I had a short "do not play" list and gave him the music genres I would like for the ceremony and for the cocktail hour. Other than that, I asked Jason to exercise his discretion in selecting the music. Smart move because I got so many unsolicited compliments about "the guitarist" and my guests raved about his music. Even though I didn't get to enjoy Jason's music as much as I would have liked to, based on my guests' comments I know I picked the right vendor! Thanks Jason!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Profile Picture
MishyMash93
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason was amazing for our wedding! He was able to walk me through the entire process and help with music selections. He was prompt with responding through emails and made the process a breeze. I would highly recommend Jason for other brides!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Jason on guitar and his violinist and cello player for my daughter's wedding at the Smog Shoppe in Los Angeles last weekend. They were amazing! My daughter had 2 songs she wanted for the ceremony and he played them beautifully! He made contemporary songs sound classical. The reception music was excellent too. Wonderful to work with too. Very professional.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautifully romantic, absolutely one of the highlights of the evening. Jason's music for our ceremony, sand ceremony and cocktail hour, put that extra special touch for our theme of romantic elegance. With everything crazy going on that day, Jason's music was one of the special touches that I actually remember from our event. He made everything leading up to that day easy, and his website with song suggestions helped us finalize the songs that would be the perfect touch for our special day. I would 100% recommend him for anyone who wants to add romance and elegance to their events.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason provided a very lovely acoustic guitar service at our wedding, when guests first arrived and also during the ceremony. He is extremely professional and worked well with our coordinator for timing of all the songs. We hired him close to the end of our wedding prep when we had a bunch of other things to manage, and he handled everything just perfectly without much oversight from us. Overall, he’s a true delight to work with.

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason is great! He is extremely professional as well as talented. He gave alot of help and feedback when first starting to plan our music selections. On the day of, he showed up on time, prepared, and did a great job. We had him continue to play through our cocktail hour and received many compliments as to how nice of a touch it was having him there. All in all, Jason was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend using his services.

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment we met Jason, we knew he was the guy and he did not disappoint! His prices are reasonable, he shows up on time, he plays what you ask him to play, and his timing was impeccable. My wife wanted to walk down the aisle to a song and Jason somehow managed to time it so perfectly as to hit the 'chorus' part of the song just as my bride reached the beginning of aisle (it was a decent walk from the hotel out onto the beach to the beginning of the aisle, so I consider this to be a pretty good sense of timing by Jason!).

Jason played while the guests were seated, he played at times during ceremony, and he played the cocktail hour as well. I had several of our guests say what a beautiful touch it was to have an acoustic guitarist, but I assure you that it depends on the guitarist and Jason was AWESOME!

I wish I could give him more than five stars!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason did an amazing job at both our ceremony and our cocktail hour. We had him play at the Unitarian church for the ceremony and while the guests arrived. We got so many compliments from the guests about his playing. During the ceremony he did an amazing job. He played songs that weren't on his list too.

For the cocktail hour it was the perfect touch. We had our cocktail hour on the Rotunda at the Double Tree hotel. It was beyond what we expected.

Jason we cannot thank you enough for helping make our day everything and more than we could have imagined.

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a great guitarist. Our guest loved every song he played for us. So easy to work with!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ryan, of Jason Sulkin Music, performed our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our Mailbu wedding!! He was very skilled on the guitar and set the perfect tone for our entire evening. Ryan and Jason were really communicative and helpful when were deciding on our songs! They listened to our ideas and helped guide us when we had questions. The solo guitar music was the perfect touch for our wedding and created the ideal ambiance for our guests. HIGHLY recommend them!!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My Husband and I were married Aug 30th of this year. When we were planning our wedding, we knew that we wanted a live musican to perform during our ceremony and cocktail hour. I was reading reviews on Wedding Wire and came across Jason. I had emailed him right away to inquire more information, and he literally called me right away to talk in detail about what he can offer to us. He sent us his complete list of music that he could play...everything on his comtemporary list of music was all songs that my husband and I loved. We ended up booking Jason right away. As our wedding grew closer, we wanted to meet Jason in person as well as establish a set list of songs we wanted him to play. He was so helpful giving us examples of what couples traditionally played vs non traditionally. We ended up scheduling a meeting a couple weeks prior to our wedding- he even played a few songs for us! lets just say I nearly got teary eyed just listening to him play... Jason was always so professional and always responded back to any questions in a timely manner. We were so thankful to have him play for our wedding and could not have had anyone better! He helped make our day Perfect and would recommend him to ANYONE!!

• Wedding: 08/30/2013
Profile Picture
Lizzie
818-324-1620
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards