Wedding Dresser Couture By Vassa

Value
Flexibility
Alyson
04/18/2015

Vassa is AMAZING!!!! Store is Beautiful and only matched by its warm, loving and kind owner (Vassa). She has the best dreses and is with you every step of the way! Go just for the experience, but I guarantee you will end up leaving with a dress!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I cant even begin to describe how amazing my experience with Vasa was. From the moment I stepped foot into her store through out all 10 months of planning I can only say good things. Vasa treats you like family, she makes you feel comfortable and at ease especially when everything is coming down to the wire and things get stressful. The boutique is gorgeous and appointments are always private, just you, Vasa and whoever you choose to bring which I found to be amazing. She provides you with her undivided attention and is there to make you feel happy and comfortable in your dress. I cannot thank Vasa enough for providing me with my dream dress and making me feel absolutely incredible on my wedding day! THANK YOU!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Vasa was such a pleasure to work with . Her store and services are beyond exceptional !

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Working with Vassa was an amazing experience! From the moment I walked into the boutique, Vassa was warm, welcoming, and gave us her undivided attention. She has an amazing eye and helped me find a dress that was just perfect for my body. Once I selected my dress, Vassa was flexible with fittings (as I live out of state) and was there every step of the way! During the fittings, Vassa took the time to teach me how to sit in my dress and watched me walk in my dress to ensure it was just the right length from every angle! I couldn't of asked for a better experience..and as you can guess, on my wedding day my dress was perfect!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

If you are looking for a dress look no more wedding dresser couture by vassa is the place to go she will make all your dreams come true

Robert
10/03/2014

I had a wonderful experience at Wedding Dress Couture by Vassa from my first visit through the day I picked up my beautiful wedding gown. Vassa has spectacularly beautiful dresses and headpieces; all excellent quality with rich fabrics. It is an intimate shopping experience where you have their full attention. Vassa is a warm wonderful person who is excited for you from the beginning of your search. I had some special requests that required expert tailoring and they delivered beyond my expectations. I actually enjoyed visiting the shop for shopping and alterations; it was truly a special process there. I would highly recommend them to every bride.

LVD205
09/13/2014

Working with Vassa was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. She makes wedding dress shopping, and getting fitted for your dress, a truly special and luxurious experience, and she was my favorite wedding vendor by far! I spent 6 months shopping for my dress - I am extremely picky and my Mom and I had entirely different visions of what my dress would look like. From the moment I met Vassa, and looked at the beautiful collection of dresses in her boutique, I knew I wanted to work with her! Her shop is small, but the quality of the dresses far exceeds that of other stores on Long Island and throughout the city (and believe me, I went everywhere). Vassa can easily accommodate different price points, and she does a wonderful job of offering her opinion without seeming fake or pushing you to buy. The key to the experience at WDC is personalized service - every time you call, you get Vassa; each time you come to the shop to try on dresses or get fitted, you are the only one there (she caters exclusively to one client at a time!). I also cannot say enough about Vassa's assistant, Dee, who does all of the alterations. She was nothing short of a miracle worker, and my Mom, my sisters and I were amazed at how quickly and accurately she worked at each fitting. The attention to detail was truly impeccable. I wanted to wear my Grandma's slip and hoop skirt under my dress along with my Mom's veil - Vassa and Dee were totally accommodating and made it work! I was absolutely thrilled with my dress and would not have changed a thing about it. A huge thank you to WDC for making my wedding dress fittings so enjoyable, and for helping a very indecisive bride find her dream dress. Love, Lauren Baker (DiLeonardo), married 9/13/2014

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Vassa is amazing!!!! Got my wedding dress from her and she knew exactly how to flatter my body!! She is the sweetest and made the whole process a walk in the park!! She has a great selection and extremely flexible!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Vassa is the classiest! She knows timeless looks, delicate and detailed customer service, and just how to put a neurotic bride at ease. My dress was glorious, perfect for me, and you should have seen my wife's face when she first saw me in it!

Once you pick your dress, Vassa will teach you how to move in it if you've never negotiated a bustle or a train; she'll tailor it to you precisely without judging your body or making you uncomfortable; she'll encourage you to accessorize and make it your own tastefully and brilliantly. She has a veritable arsenal of combs, veils, and fascinators, and she even helped me select gloves online and match shoes. It is much, much better to have an experience with Vassa than it is to go to a bridal outlet with forty other people buying dresses at the same time. If you're Long Island local, please try her out, and if you live in the city like me it's worth the train ticket to Woodmere.

Recently Married

Vassa was absolutely fantastic to work with. Wedding dress shopping is fun, but also an overwhelming task. I went to a few other places to try on dresses where I was rushed and told that almost every dress looked great. When I went to Vassa, I had a private appointment, and did not feel rushed at all. She is knowledgeable, helpful, honest, warm, and clearly very passionate about what she does. Plus she has excellent taste- she selects all of her dresses to provide a unique, classy and elegant theme. I fell in love with one of the dresses she had- it was exactly what I wanted. Throughout the dress fitting process, Vassa was organized and professional, but also friendly and approachable. Coming from Manhattan, she worked with me on scheduling, even though time was tight. Overall, working with Vassa was such a individualized, calming and happy experience- one that I have already recommended to close friends of mine.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Working with Vasa was amazing! Not only did I find the dress I dreamed about, I had a million fittings with different hairstyles and makeup and still she showered me in care and honesty! I had a destination wedding in Greece and she packed everything perfectly! Love Vasa and the store! Thank you Vasa mou!!

Recently Married

Simply put... Vassa is THE BEST.

From the moment you schedule your initial appointment with Vassa you will feel as though you are going to be meeting up with an old friend. She is warm, welcoming and extremely patient. Her boutique is both beautiful yet cozy; you are greeted by her when you first walk in and she is with you every step of the process.

Unlike larger stores, Vassa provides you with the type of special treatment that is often reserved just for celebrities and the like. Her boutique is closed to the public during your appointment and you and your guests are the only ones in the store aside from Vassa. She provides a no-pressure atmosphere while you browse her carefully curated selection of gowns. If you need guidance, Vassa will make suggestions that will not only compliment your shape beautifully but that also stay within your budget.

After telling Vassa I was not ready to make my decision at my first appointment she was totally understanding. She did not pressure me or make me feel as though I would be "missing out on my dream dress" if I did not make my decision that day. This was enough to convince me not to look anywhere else and I patiently waited a few months until she received her next collection of samples.

After my second visit I decided on a stunning gown that I am so happy with. It was a brand new sample that Vassa has just received and I am so glad I waited!

If you are looking for personalized, one-on-one attention with someone who understands not only the wedding industry but also how to fit a woman's body you MUST make an appointment with Vassa. Her experience is second to none and you will feel completely at ease in her hands!

Carly
06/01/2014

From the moment my mother and I stepped foot into Wedding Dresser Couture, it was a great experience. Vassa made us feel comfortable and welcomed, and also made me feel very relaxed about finding the perfect wedding dress. During the appointment, Vassa took the time to get to know me before trying on some dresses. She listened and found different variations of a style I had explained. Vassa was very easy to work with and was also able to give good advice about the dresses I tried on. The best part about the appointment was that it was only Vassa, my mother and me. It was great to have the individualized attention and to not have to worry about other people being there. I would highly recommend going to Wedding Dresser Couture for a wedding dress!! The whole experience, from the beginning until the end, was truly was an amazing experience and one you won't regret!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Vassa helped me pick out an amazing dress. She is warm and welcoming and lets you make the decision. She understands a bride and how important the big day is! Vassa was also at my wedding helping me from the moment I got dressed until the party started. She was absolutely amazing and made my day stress free. I highly reccommend you hiring her for your weddingf day. She will make the day feel effortless, relaxing and one you will never forget!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

VASSA IS THE BEST!!! She is so knowledgeable and caring. Her salon is amazing - there are so many dresses to choose from but I never felt overwhelmed. The salon atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and comforting. I loved going for my fittings. I am so happy with how my dress fit and I have received SO many compliments on it. THANK YOU VASSA! You are such a doll and really made me feel special.

1+ year ago

Ladies, don't go anywhere else except to Vassa!

Vassa did such a wonderful job getting to know me and my needs. From the very first phone call, Vassa was always only concerned about what I wanted and what I needed. From there on in, she practically gave me every piece of advice that anyone could ever need when purchasing a gown, and also planning a wedding.

The boutique is small and elegant, which was the perfect place to find my gown. At my first appointment, the entire store was to myself and my guests. We were able to peruse all of the gowns without the pressure of any other clients in the store. Vassa was completely professional and helped me pick out my perfect gown.

In addition to purchasing a gown here, I also purchased my veil and jewelry accessories to pair along with my gown. As usual, she was there every step of the way to make sure that I was making the best choices.

I also had the wonderful opportunity to work with Vassa's alterations specialist, whom gave me excellent alterations and was able to work around my needs. She was able to show off the best parts of my body and conceal the not-so-good parts!

My mother and mother-in-law were also fortunate enough to work with Vassa to get their gowns for my wedding. In addition to the vast array of wedding gowns she has to offer, she also has a selection of evening gowns.

Vassa was always available for me to either come in, e-mail her or talk with her via telephone. She was always accessible and always gave great advice and was able to keep me on track with the goals I had for my perfect gown and all the accessories.

I would completely recommend Vassa and her boutique to a friend because of the high customer service, alterations and high quality of the gowns she has. Ladies, please trust me and don't go anywhere else; go to Wedding Dresser Couture!

Sandy R. (01/11/2014)