Wedding Chapel by the Sea

(1.9/5.0)

Sort By:

0.2/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I put down a deposit to use this company this past summer. Their website looked very professional and the prices seemed amazing. Shortly after sending in the deposit, I started reading reviews. Horrible reviews. I emailed them questions, and they never responded. That was a red flag for me, and that was when I decided I would just give up my deposit money and find someone else to do my dream beach wedding in Myrtle Beach. I honestly had forgotten about the Chapel by the Sea until they called me the day before I was scheduled to get married with them (the day before! First time I had any communication from them when I had given them a deposit months and months beforehand). In the deposit contract it stated if they didn't have the rest of the money a few weeks before your date, they would cancel your date for it to open up for someone else. I surely didn't give them anymore money so was shocked when a rude woman called the day before wanting to know where the rest of the money was and if we had any questions for our wedding tomorrow. She was furious when we said we thought it had been cancelled for us for lack of payment of the balance. You get what you pay for with these people. I'm so glad I changed my mind and went with someone who cares what I really want. It meant me waiting an entire year more to get married, but it's so worth it!
Wedding: 07/06/2014
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I would not recommend this place if you want a nice wedding. I got married on a friday at 3 and i was reading reviews the night before scared of how it might turn out. we got their a little late but they were nice and still showed us to our dressing room. The minister was friendly and the photographer was also very nice. BUT when my husband was in his dressing room they gave him and envelope to tip the guy after we had already paid them 250 dollars. They will not allow you to take your own pictures and a month and a half later i got a call from them from a very rude lady saying she could not send me my pictures because she had a invalid address and when i tried to give her my correct address she was very nasty about it. Then i recieved my pictures two days later and lets just say there not worth crap its wallet size pics on a booklet paper. you can't even see half the people in them. I can't make copies of them due to size and the fact they are on paper. (Crammed together) when you go online to look at them the prices to get actual size are outrageous and you can't get multiple with out paying a good amount. overall im very upset that i paid these people this much. I know 250 isn't alot but when your only having a small ceremony what we got was def not worth it.
Wedding: Recently Married
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I had a perfect wedding. Everybody was nice. Told us what to do. It will be a day I will never forget. Got married at the gazebo and it was nice outside. We arrived 30 minutes before the wedding and at 3:00 I was getting married. Best place to get married!!!
Wedding: 07/20/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
This place is a joke. They were 20 minutes late. They fail to mention prior to booking the venue that your pictures take 3-4 weeks. They slipped my husband an envelope to tip the minister. Very unprofessional. And I dragged my dress threw a pile of shit out by the gazebo. Thank god I didn't invite any family. They rushed us the whole time. And it's on a busy highway. They can see you from the road. And the professional photographer is like 16 years old. Do not waste your money.
0.5/5.0

Private User 1 Reviews
RUN RUN RUN RUN!! FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!! I write this in CAPITALS since this a warning of great caution is advised in dealing with this company and the Rev. Long story short, a certain Rev Scott married us and as soon as he left that venue, was the last time he communicated to us other than a single "I will ck as soon as I am near the internet traveling today" message after OVER 3 VERY LONG MONTHS OF FRUITLESS TEXTING, EMAILING, & CALLING. The only time he actively n timely answered our calls n emails was during reservation up until he got his money in full! It's going to 4- 4 months! and we don't have our promised professional pictures and video of our wedding memories! How sad!! Sincerely, this is the lowest of lows a human being can go and be especially when he required n ws paid the wedding package BALANCE IN FULL way before the event. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU VERY WELL MIGHT NEVER GET YOUR STUFF FROM THIS COMPANY "chapel by the sea" we called Florida Chamber of Commerce and as we expected, this company's license expired a long time ago!!! Adjectives we would describe our experience with Chapel by the sea n its host are; torment, hell, untrustworthy, scam, deliberate frustration, disappointing, unprofessional, greedy, poor customer service, illegal, fraudulent, low class, crass. If you don't believe this, take your time and do some basic investigation on google, BBB, Florida chamber of commerce (registrar of companies), public records excetera n make a wise decision in dealing with this heartless person n company. read so many nasty reviews online about this company n a reverend Scott after the fact, how i wish! Ohh n BY THE WAY, the flowers looked like they were picked up by the roadside in a hurry to get to the function. SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE. The one star is because i had to do to be able to post this
Services Used: Officiant
0.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I advise anyone who wants their wedding day to be special, to not get married here. They are very unprofessional. Showed up about 35 minutes late to my scheduled wedding time and the staff had a "so what" attitude the whole time. The "preacher" was constantly dropping things on the microphone, and forgetting words. Everything was so cheap looking and the whole thing is basically a SCAM!!!!!! DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE!!! you would do better off going to the courthouse!!!!!!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Photography
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We had a amazing wedding for a very affordable price and the staff was nice as was the place. We were later than we were supposed to be and they didn't seem to have affected the service. I had a lovely time and everyone said our wedding was great. I rated a lower flexability because they had packages to choose from but basically you had to choose from what they had. My husband wanted different music.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We wanted a very private wedding that included our children...this was PERFECT!!!! They were so helpful...even in reminding us that the marriage license application can be mailed in ahead of time from our state. We wanted the ceremony to be centered around GOD and the minister was GREAT!

Will recommend to anyone looking for a small reasonable priced wedding!

Speaking of reasonable...where else can you get married for this small amount of money and it not have to be in a JP' office? The value of this service is specatacular!

Thank you all at Wedding Chapel by the Sea!
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography
0.3/5.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Wedding Chapel by the Sea has deliberately misled and misrepresented its products and services to customers. My husband and I purchased the “Intimate wedding package” which was $250.00 (also had to pay an additional $100, for a beach wedding)and were married on August 18, 2012, at 5pm on the Beach. This package included several things, one of which was a “Personalized wedding photo album (paper cover with staple binding) with 24 images”. All of this information can be verified on their website at www.weddingchapelbythesea.com I talked with “Sue” who later in conversation identified herself as the “manager”. I told her that I had called several says prior, and that I wanted to get more information regarding our photo album that is being made for us. I stated my concern when I talked with the new hire that she was under the impression that I would be getting a thumbnail wedding album (stated roughly a 2x3in picture on white copy paper) of 24 pictures. Sue, the manager stated “yes, that is correct, what you are getting is a thumbnail wedding album”. When I expressed my disappointment over the size of the pictures, Sue stated “It says on our website that the pictures come with a staple binding, and that we should have figured it out by that”. I informed her, that the binding has NOTHING to do with the size of the picture, that’s merely what the photos are held together with”. Sue further stated that “if I want to have pictures of my wedding, then I need to go on their website, and click on each of my pictures, and order each of the 30 pictures individually”. Ergo, if you click on each individual pictures, a 4x6 photograph starts at $4.00 a piece and the prices go up from there. I asked “so you mean to tell me that I have to pay an additional $120.00 plus shipping, and taxes to purchase pictures that are supposed to be ours in the first place?” and Sue’s response is “well, you get what you paid for”. This is absolutely ridiculous.
0.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
RUN!, They are the most unprofessional people,who care nothing about you,only your money.We had the worst experience for the most expensive package. I had trouble from the invitations on down ,they never sent the deposit to the dj we selected so instead we had a dj that ruined our reception, the photos are horrible, unity candel has been used for100wedding Do not use them
Wedding: 2+ years ago
0.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. I AM STILL FIGHTING OVER THE PHONE AND EMAIL TO GET WHAT I PAID FOR. THE DAY OF MY WEDDING THEY DIDN'T EVEN COME ASK WHICH CEREMORY I WANTED I HAD TO HAVE MY SISTER GO TELL THEM. THEN 2 MINUTES BEFORE THE PASTOR KNOCKED ON THE DOOR AND SAID WE WILL GET YOU IN 2 MINUTES DIDN'T EVEN INTRODUCE THEMSELVE TO US. THEN WHEN WE LINE UP NO ONE WAS THERE TO TELL US WHEN TO GO WE JUST HAD TO KEEP POKING OUR HEADS AROUND TO SEE IF THE OTHER PERSON WAS DOWN AT THE ALTER THEN THE GRANDKIDS THEIR MOTHER HAD TO KEEP WAVING FOR THEM TO COME AND YOU CAN SEE THIS ON OUR $250.00 DVD. THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE CORRECT MUSIC THAT THEY HAD ME TO PICK OUT I LEFT THERE WITHOUT THEM EVEN HAVING ME TO SIGN THE PAPERS THANKFULLY I ASK MY HUSBAND THAT NIGHT DID YOU SIGN ANY PAPERS AND HE SAID YES I HAD TO GO THE NEXT DAY TO SIGN MINE BUT DON'T WORRY I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD HAVE SENT THEM TO THE COURTHOUSE AND THEY WOULD HAVE SENT THEM BACK TO THEM AND THEN THEY WOULD HAVE SENT THEM TO ME TO SIGN AND RETURN. THERE WAS NOTHING PROFESSIONAL ABOUT THEM. THEY STILL CAN'T EVEN READ A PIECE OF PAPER TO PUT MY ANNOCUMENT UP RIGHT. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. OH AND THE PROFESSIONAL PICTURES ARE 2X3 YOU CAN HARDLY EVEN SEE THEM AND THE BIGGEST ONE IS LIKE A BILLFOLD SIZE ON COPYING PAPER. THEY SAID THEY WERE SHORT HANDED WHY MY WEDDING WAS SO CONFUSED BUT THEY NEVER OFFERED ANY MONEY BACK OR ANY THING ELSE EXCEPT MORE HEADACHE. AND FOR THE OWNER CALLING YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT. I HAVE TALK WITH SUE WHO IS THE MANAGER AND I HAVE ALL THE EMAILS AND EVERYTHING AND STILL HAVE NO SATISFACTION. I CALLED THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU BUT THEY DON'T BELONG TO IT WONDER WHY.
VERY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER
Wedding: 05/04/2012
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Officiant, Photography
0.1/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
these people were rude. got the details for our wedding the very last minute. they got angry because i, the bride, was running a few minutes late. my mother got lost on the way to the site, and MISSED MY WEDDING. and now, a week later, i still haven't seen our pictures. NOT recommended for anyone wanting a pleasant wedding experience.
Wedding: 04/14/2012
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Officiant, Ceremony & Reception Venue
0.5/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Dont go here. They are rude and unprofessional. One of the thing was we never got any pictures that they took. I called and emailed them many times. They said they would give me access to them but never did. Now they will not return my email and when I call they say the time has expired for me to get the pictures. The day of the wedding they were rude and acted like they hated to work there.... This was my wedding! Rude, unprofessional and services unrendered... Do not go here!!!!!
Wedding: 06/25/2011
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Very friendly and very affordable! Victoria, the photographer does a fabulous job and manages to make a small wedding setting look very grande! Beautiful setting and GREAT deal for the package on the cloud 9. Perfect place for our out of town small wedding. There reception affiliation was great and they were very helpful coordinating for us! Would recommend to anybody!!
Wedding: 11/03/2009
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
We had a wonderful time. They were very helpful with all of the planning. The only thing I wished is that they had better sitting for older people that attended our wedding. The food was wonderful and the cake was beautiful. I also wished that we had more time at the reception and not feel that we were so rushed.
Wedding: 04/18/2009
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Flowers, Invitations, Photography, Wedding Planning, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  2.0
The outside setting has an unpleasant view of Hwy 501. The officiant seemed judgemental about us wanting a civil ceremony.
Wedding: 06/16/2008
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Officiant, Photography, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Compare Now