Waterview Loft at Port Detroit

4.7
Value
4.7
Flexibility

From the first moment my fiancé and I visited the Waterview Loft, we knew we had to have our wedding there. Dawn was assigned to us as our wedding coordinator and she was incredibly responsive, gave us prompt information, and was patient with all of our questions and tedious requests. Dawn worked with us through special requests and satisfied all of our wants. This venue has an all-inclusive package that includes the ceremony site, reception site, day of wedding planner, wedding coordinator throughout the whole process, caterer, DJ, flowers and decor all in one price - I told them my colors and vision and they do all the work!

The VIEW and modern elegance this venue has to offer is worth the price. It overlooks the Detroit River and Canada. You can see the International Bridge and view boats up and down the river and there are endless amounts of wedding picture ideas in the area.

Dawn kept me in the loop every step of the way on design, ideas, process, next steps, and prices. She is very knowledgeable, responsive, professional, and detail-oriented, which put me at ease throughout the whole process.

I highly recommend Waterview Loft to anyone looking for a custom experience for an elegant, timeless, and high-class wedding venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding reception at the lofts a few weeks ago. Blew away all of our expectations. Beautiful venue and the service was impeccable day of. Our day was perfect and stress free.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had never heard of the Waterview Loft but as soon as I saw photos I knew it was the perfect venue for our wedding. We wanted to have something cool and new and we would only look in downtown Detroit. This ticked off every single box on our check list. We signed the contract as soon as we saw it in person. We had a few hiccups in the early stages of planning but the team really worked together and with us to make sure everything would be perfect on the day of... and it was perfect! The venue really speaks for itself. Our guests walked in and were blown away to be in such a cool and different space. Thankfully the weather cooperated with us and we had complete use of the patio for our guests to really spread out during cocktail hour and the party. We only used the upstairs for dinner but the mix of the flowers and the exceptional staff at the facility turned that room into a dream. The food was outstanding, our guests were stopping me to tell me how delicious everything was. Any time I needed anything, any one of the 40 staff members were nearby with their radios and could radio to the right person to answer my questions. The longest I had to wait for a response was about 30 seconds. They were so attentive to our needs as bride and groom and in tune with what all of the guests wanted and needed. They even remembered details that I had forgotten we talked about during planning. Not a day has gone by that someone hasn't called to tell me how perfect the wedding was, how much they loved Waterview Loft, and how they hoped to be there for a future event. Our wedding day would have been perfect regardless because we were marrying each other but it was definitely enhanced by the perfect venue for us and the amazing staff who turned our dreams into a reality. I will be praising Jackie and Dawn for the rest of my life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterview Loft is a dream place to have your wedding. We only used it for the reception--downstairs was the cocktail hour, dinner upstairs and then more drinks and dancing downstairs. All of our guests could not believe how nice it was. The service was outstanding--no one went without a drink or food for too long. The food options were delicious. They assign you a coordinator to help keep things moving and with the decision making process. I had Dawn and she was fantastic. So much so, I'd be her friend. They opened up the patio and guests were able to be outside and had a beautiful view of the river. Don't look anywhere else--this is the place to go.

11/15/2014

Dawn Baldini and the Waterview Loft were great to work with. Our wedding was beautiful and we heard from many guests that it was the best wedding ever. The loft was very gracious and accommodating of our many and unique requests. The food was absolutely outstanding. The strolling dinner worked well for us and the menu is beyond compare. The staff at the loft was great they were well prepared and professional to perfection. Dawn was easy to get a hold of at all times and made sure that our expectations were met. We could not be happier with the way our wedding reception turned out at the Waterview Loft.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We absolutely loved our wedding at the Waterview Loft! Dawn and the rest of the team, especially the service team were incredible! The inclusive package is the way to go especially if you are a busy bride like myself. All the vendors they work with are amazing! Overall just a wonderful unique venue with an amazing crew!

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words Kristi. We loved hosting you, your friends and family!

Recently Married

We were absolutely blown away on the day of our event with this venue and team. Our guests are still raving about it weeks later.
If you are planning a event here you want to make sure you are working directly with Jackie Carden!! She is hands down the best in the business and one of the most talented people we have ever dealt with.
She is the type of person that loves what she does and it shows. She was very attentive to our unique needs and really listened to what we were trying to accomplish.
The team at the loft is was also amazing. Literally at our event the staff was incredibly nice/funny/ and attentive. As the bride and groom they treated us like celeb's. Dawn Baldini helped with the final details of our event and made a huge impact on us with her level of service the night of. So nice to us, our parents, and guests. She was a blast to work with. Another person you can tell loves what she does. She is very creative, and had a ton of awesome ideas for us. Darkest Hour, late night grill station, dance party down stairs, hot choclate late night....all these touches our guests wont stop talking about! Not to mention the insane view. You also want to work directly with Dawn! Dont forget to ask for her! Dont forget!
I wish I could thank everybody individually, but Jill, and Jon blew us away at the event. All night they made sure we were taken care of, and all of our family and firends. The bar staff, servers, cooks, basically every employee in the building that night exceeded our expectations
We would reccommend this team to anyone looking to make their wedding day/night truly something amazing. Best wedding venue in Detroit. Our friends loved that we had the ceremony/reception/hotel all within walking distance. Thanks again to the team at the loft, keep up the great work! Unforgettable.

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

We're so happy for you both and happy we were able to exceed your expectations! Best wishes from the whole team!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This was one of the most amazing days of my life and Waterview Loft made it that much more special!!! The coordinator I worked with (Dawn) was wonderful from start of planning all the way to the wedding day! I could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator! Thank you Dawn for being so attentive, professional and flexible with all of the planning. You made it such a smooth planning process and I could not have done it without you! .......Our wedding day was incredible from start to finish.When I tell you this is the best place off off the water to have an event, whether it is for a wedding or special occassion, you will not be disappointed. The service was impeccable! Service is very important to me and they definitely exceeded my expectations. As the bride and groom we had our own specific waiters/attendants taking care of us the entire night as well as a coordinator! Not only did they make sure my husband and I were ok, they also showed the same service to our guests, I was floored! The wedding day ran smooth from start to finish, there were no hiccups at all, completely blew my mind.... On top of the service the food was soooooo good!!! There was so much food, my guests never went hungry and partied all night long! Another thing that happended that I was told by guests later on was that the attendants even offered rides to guests that might have had too much to drink, if that's not great service I don't know what is!....All of my guests said this was the best wedding they have ever been to and that it would be a hard one to top! I completely agree! I would not have changed a thing and I am so glad I chose Waterview Loft at Port Detroit for my wedding day! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the great review Mya. We are so happy we made planning smooth for you and that you enjoyed everything to the fullest!

Happy Bride
Recently Married

This was the best day of my life. The staff was amazing and the food hit the spot. I loved everything from the flowers, to the music, to the level of service. Jackie Carden was a gem to work with! I would recommend her to everyone!!!! This place is amazing and the view is so great. I would tell everyone to come here for their weddings!

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the recommendation to future couples! We have enjoyed working with you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

When we planned our event at Waterview Loft we thought the highlight of the trip would be the views of the Detroit River and access to the Detroit Riverwalk. The water and the views were fantastic, but the highlight was the venue itself and the staff. The levels of professionalism and hospitality far exceeded our very high expectations.

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Brian. We love our location and really bringing everything together for our guests!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married last night and our reception was at the waterview loft. We had 170 guests and it went absolutely flawless. My phone has been blowing up with friends and family.saying it was the best wedding they have ever attended. The level of service was unreal. Jackie and Dawn ran the show like a well oiled machine. We can't express our gratitude for making our awesome day 100% perfect. If anyone is considering this venue, you won't be disappointed. You guys rock! - Mike & Melissa

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Mike! We loved having your and Melissa's wedding on the waterfront!

1 Review
1+ year ago

We had our perfect wedding reception at this new - amazing - venue. I couldn't have asked for more. They exceeded our expectations! If you want to have a unique wedding reception in downtown Detroit look no further. Its a new hidden gem!
- The venue speaks for itself - the water, the balcony, the view. Our pictures are amazing because the natural light from the day was coming through the windows during toasts. For the "anniversary" dances, the sun was setting and when the dancing really kicked in - it was nighttime with candles everywhere.
- The food was fabulous. Everyone loved our strolling menu. Get the "Darkest Hour"! People will flip out! We ordered late night food for our guests. I saw the staff carrying food out to the dance floor so people could keep dancing while eating!
- The staff - I am still hearing about how polite, funny and friendly the staff was. I've never heard anyone speak about the staff at a wedding and two weeks later - it is still a topic of conversation
- Sales/Event Managers - LOVE. So helpful and patient. Kept me at ease during the months leading up to our wedding reception.

I loved our wedding reception. It was a fantastic party and I would not change a thing!

- Accommodations - All of our out of town guests stayed at the Marriott in the Ren Cen so there was no driving needed.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The staff at the waterview loft went above and beyond to help service our event. Everything from the food quality, staff expertise, decor etc was top notch. I would recommend the waterview loft to any future bride looking a venue to host her wedding reception. Shout out to Mrs. Kathy Baker for taking such great care of me :) XO

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Lindsay! We were so happy to host your wedding day on the waterfront!

Dear reviewers and the Waterview Loft team,

Maureen and I wanted to share our deepest gratitude and appreciation for your extra efforts and coordination of our special day. You guys absolutely exceeded our expectations! We were so worried about all of the delicate intricacies of our unique day, and we were amazed at how well you all handled every part of it. Dawn and Jackie- You guys were amazing!!!! The ceremony was perfectly executed! I wish you could see all the kind words and sentiment that is being shared on facebook and Instagram from our guests. They were simply stunned at the venue, food, riverfront, environtment, etc. Everything you guys did was absolutely spectacular! EVERY SINGLE employee went the extra mile. Thank you for all your patience and diligence. We hope that our wedding adds to your venue’s reputation. You are all truly a special team. Please make sure to fw this to the rest of the staff that worked our ceremony and reception. And of course, we apologize for any of our guests or vendors that may have caused you any headache.
For those looking for a unique Detroit wedding- I am not sure you will find a more beautiful venue. My advice- look through photos of actual weddings at the venue, they are breathtaking.

Thank you!

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind review. And great advice about photos, some just don't do the space justice!

06/08/2014

Stunning venue! We were blown away with the whole staff leafing up to the wedding and the day of! Everyone was so helpful and a laws making sure everything was running smoothly and the way we wanted! The actual venue is breathtaking and hit a home run with our guests! Our wedding is still being talked about! The pictures also turned out gorgeous with the Waterview Loft having stunning photography opportunities! I highly recommend them!

Waterview Loft at Port Detroit responded with the following comments:

We are so happy everyone enjoyed the event. Thank you for sharing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Waterview Loft is an excellent venue! It is not a cheap place to have a wedding, but I really do believe that you get what you pay for - and we really felt it was well worth it!

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, the food is excellent, and the drinks are made well! (I loved that they serve bottled beer rather than draft beer). The day of our wedding, they had 16 waitstaff, 3 parking attendants and 3 bartenders - for only 150 guests! We had a plated dinner (filet and coriander chicken duet), and tables were served nearly simultaneously.

No one was ever waiting for a drink. We had an amazing waitress assigned to our bridal party, and as soon as I set a drink down, she was bringing me another one before I even asked!

The team is really great in coordinating and helping with planning. I really felt that they cared and that our wedding wasn’t “just another wedding” or a dollar sign to them.

Like many brides, I changed my mind a lot (sometimes at the last minute) and asked a thousand questions. Lindsey was a lifesaver - she never seemed annoyed and was very quick to respond by email or phone. Both Lindsey and Michelle were also very professional in how they dealt with family members who asked for information we preferred not to share, or who tried to make changes we wouldn’t approve of - saving us from a ton of family drama!

As an out of state bride, it was awesome not having to find or meet with tons of different vendors! The package we had included DJ services and an allotted amount for a cake and floral or decor. We ended up exceeding the amount for the cake and the floral; but the amount included with the package definitely helps.

They offer a lot of per-guest add-ons that are a nice touch. We added passed hors d’Oeuvres, passed petite pastry desserts, two craft beers in addition to the domestics, late-night sliders, and valet parking. In the end, we really felt that our wedding was unique, which was what we wanted most.