Walkers Overlook

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

After getting engaged, Walkers Overlook was the first venue that my husband and I visited. We were going just for fun to get the whole wedding planning process started, but ended up absolutely falling in love with the place. We loved the all-in-one feel of Walkers Overlook. The convenience of being able to get ready in the main house was very important to us. The bridal suite and "man cave" were exactly what we were looking for to keep our wedding day running smoothly. On top of convenience, the grounds are absolutely beautiful. The ceremony site and reception tent have stunning views of the mountains and fields in the area. Walkers Overlook just checked all the boxes for us. On top of that, they made us feel like family. If you want a venue with owners and staff that will treat you like family, not just another client, there is nowhere else to even consider.

Cat
04/01/2015

To start, if I could give Walker's 10 stars I would. There are so many good things, & only good things I can say about Walker's Overlook. First off, contacting Walker's was really easy. I called & spoke to one of the owners (Mark) & he was so flexible, to the point where my husband & I were stressing out about finding a place, we were like "how about we just call and see if Walker's will allow a site visit today"; of course when we called Mark, he was like "Sure! Come on over!" When we got there, let's just say we pretty much knew Walker's was "it." When we got there we were greeted by Juanita she gave us a tour around the venue and in every part of the house, it just got better & better, it was even more amazing when we got outside with the tent, the field, and the gazebo. I remember my husband and I said to each other that Walker's is the one vendor that we felt completely comfortable paying for. Everything was absolutely hands down worth every penny. For those brides 2B that come from traditional Vietnamese families, I want to say that when my husband and I had booked this venue, many of our family members were skeptical of our choice. When the day came for our wedding, both sides of our families were blown away. We received so many compliments about Walker’s. Missi our site coordinator was absolutely amazing as well. Any question or assistance I needed, she was there to help in any way possible. She contacted me throughout the months prior to the wedding check in with me. In addition during the wedding day, Jake (our closer) was amazing as well. He followed through with every request we asked. The staff at Walker's are just wonderful. My husband and I are thrilled that we went with Walker's. It is not often you find people that own a business who care more about the people they serve than the business itself. Mark and his staff are just wonderfully honest and genuine people, they care about you and make sure that you are taken care of.

Recently Married

LOVE everything about this venue. Staff and wedding coordinator were amazing and made the day go so smooth. The setting is so perfect for a fall wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved Walkers Overlook. We had such a beautiful day for out wedding. Mark and the staff were great!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Walkers Overlook is the premier wedding venue. From the first encounter to the last the staff could not have been better. Mel was our attendant for the day and she was so attentive. The Bridal suite and Man Cave were so much fun for the wedding attendants. The guests were overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the venue. Our daughters wedding was absolutely PERFECT, thank you, Walkers Overlook.

The Hilton/Brady Families

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Can not say enough wonderful things about our experience at Walker's Overlook. I am the father of the bride, and from the moment we first drove up the long driveway to the spectacular facility and grounds, we knew this was where the wedding would take place. Meeting with Mark and getting the complete tour only solidified our feelings of warmth, comfort, and beauty about Walker's Overlook. We had been looking at rustic venues, including barns and Inns in the area, but Walker's Overlook took the cake hands down.
Mark was very professional and personable - we felt like he was an old friend from the minute we met him. He went out of his way to ensure we had all the information we needed and spent time with us to learn as much as he could about what we were looking for in a venue for this special occasion. Follow-on communication with Mark was very easy via email and phone, and he was extremely responsive.
We met Missi, our coordinator at Walker's Overlook, several months before the wedding to go over the venue in detail with our caterer to ensure everything was planned out. Missi took detailed notes, provided our caterer with everything they needed, and was very helpful. This was just a sign of things to come as the wedding day arrived.
On the wedding day, Missi was spectacular. She took care of so many things, making sure nothing was left to chance. She had an air of confidence about her that put us at ease. And to top it all off, she surprised us with a rainbow at the perfect time.
At the end of our event, long after most of the guests had left, Mark was hanging out with my son-in-law's dog, a big Boxer. When the hotel shuttle left (without taking our last set of guests back to the hotel), he offered to take them all back in his truck. Like I mentioned earlier, it was as if he was an old friend - there when you needed him.
If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your wedding, look no further!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mark and Missi both went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing! We loved the venue and couldn't have asked for a better Wedding Day!

Recently Married

Ah Walkers Overlook... I'm not sure that I can fit all I would love to say in my review. In a nutshell, thank you for offering access to your beautiful property and making us feel like it was truly our home for the day. It was a joy to work with Mark & Mel throughout the planning process because I felt free to text message Mel with any questions I might have at any time of day and she assured me that no question was silly or too insignificant! Until I found Walkers Overlook, it was difficult to find a venue that gave me so much freedom in wedding planning. Walkers Overlook felt more like a relative's home than a business. We had so much freedom in who we selected as our caterer, our bartenders, our DJ, our officiant, etc. It meant so much to me to have those options because we were able to create a wedding that really felt personal--it was a true reflection of "us." On top of that, we were the only wedding taking place that day and had full access to the reception area, ceremony site, bridal suite, kitchen, and more from 10am-midnight, meaning all of our families and friends were able to be there to help decorate and having that experience together was just as memorable, if not more, than the wedding. So THANK YOU, my only regret is that I wish we could have such a great experience all over again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Talk about value... Walkers Overlook is the ideal setting, with a fantastic team, and includes so many things in the rental price that make it an absolutely fantastic venue.

Not only is the venue absolutely stunning but I have never worked with such a flexible and friendly staff (and I plan events for a living). No matter what request we had they were able to help us make it a reality. Missi Henry was fantastic as our contact and made our wedding day stress free coordinating all of the vendors and ceremony details.

I could go on for paragraphs describing every detail, but my best suggestion is to visit the location and meet the team. You won't be disappointed.

Not only would I recommend the venue to a friend, I'm hoping someone I know gets married there just so I can go back. :)

Incredible. Couldn't have asked for a better venue!!

Katrina
09/06/2014

I was just married at Walker's Overlook two weekends ago. I can't tell you how pleased I am with my decision. Walker's Overlook is a unique, breathtaking venue that I received numerous compliments on. On top of the gorgeous landscape, there is a huge-size tent (almost a building structure) that can hold a huge party! The gazebo was a great touch which I added for my DIY photobooth and let people roam through as they had cocktail hour on the patio. My favorite parts of Walker's Overlook were the mancave, the swing, the beautiful tree you get married under and the bridal suite. The bridal suite is HUGE and allows plenty of room for everyone to get ready in. There is a balcony next to the suite that overlook s the whole premises so I took a moment to take it all in the morning of.

Not only are the grounds and venue amazing, the staff is just wonderful. They were flexible, kind, understanding and knowledgeable. Missi was my coordinator and she helped me so much on the day of my wedding as thunderstorms threatened our skies. She helped me have my ceremony outside just as I had always wanted and made sure to get us in the reception tent before it started raining. She was just absolutely such a sweetheart and so helpful. I also met Mark various times at the premises and he was very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this venue to any bride who is looking for a rustic-chic, personalized venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One month later and our guests are still raving about our amazing venue for our wedding reception! We couldn't have been luckier to find Walker's Overlook and it is such an amazing deal, so much land and they only host one event per day. We had a huge wedding, about 300 guests so it was difficult to find a venue that could accommodate the size of our guest list without being limited to a large banquet hall or hotel ballroom. We instantly fell in love with Walker's Overlook when we visited in January, even before the flowers bloomed and the tent was set up. There is so much land and beauty out here. Walker's Overlook is constantly changing (for the better) and it gets more and more beautiful throughout the seasons. Mark and Missi were SO AMAZING to work with- super flexible, calm and friendly. You can definitely tell that they are the pros at what they do. I LOVE Walker's Overlook. I can't wait to find another excuse to come back here! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Recently Married

The service was incredible - very responsive and professional. The venue was impeccable - perfect place for my daughter's wedding. I highly recommend Walker's Overlook!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Walkers Overlook is an amazing wedding venue. Mark and his staff were great and very flexible! We had some many people coming up to us commenting on how beautiful the venue was and we were so pleased with the way everything turned out. We highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Holly was a joy to work with! She made that day go beautifully. The location is gorgeous and the people are wonderful. This location was a dream come true for my husband and I.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Walker's Overlook was one of the best businesses I have ever dealt with. Missy was so helpful and confident that she put my mind at ease the whole time. I can not say enough good things about this venue.

Jodee
07/03/2014

Walkers Overlook is a dream venue for any event. Beyond the picturesque location, onsite amenities and all-day contract for your event, is an incredible staff that will make your day hassle free. I recently held my wedding here and couldn't have been happier with the way the day turned out. The Walkers Overlook team is superb. My wedding coordinator, Missi, was communicative with me and my bridal party the entire day of the event. She was an excellent mediator between myself and vendors and helped take a lot of the stress off of the final details of our wedding.

As my ceremony drew near and thunderstorms continued to roll through, Mark, Dave and Missi kept an eye on the radar and found a break in the rain to give me the option to still have an outdoor ceremony. With my approval to go ahead of schedule, Missi quickly got all of my guests outside, DJ ready and bridal party in their places. It was a true whirlwind and I was amazed how swiftly and effortlessly it all came together. I can’t thank Walkers Overlook and their staff enough for the wonderful wedding day they gave me, my groom, family and friends. We all had an unforgettable day!