Walden Ponds Golf Club

Value:
(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony and reception here and I COULD NOT be more pleased with everything!! Allison was such a joy and pleasure to work with. She answered every question timely and helped plan our event perfectly. The venue could not be more beautiful during this time of year. The only downfall is being forced to choose between four caterers. We decided to go with it because we loved the venue sooo much. However, the worst part of our wedding ended up being the caterer and I wish we would've been able to utilize someone of our choice. Other than that, AMAZING!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I held both my wedding and my reception at Walden Ponds Golf Club. Everything was beautiful, and exactly as we discussed! This particular venue lends itself to some great photo opportunities. There is a gazebo, a golf course, and an amazing sunset that my photographer was able to capture! Everyone at the facility is professional, helpful, and polite. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to make their wedding day even more special!

Thanks!
Susan and Nate Kollar

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony and reception at Walden Ponds. Their outdoor reception area provided enough room for 16 tables (seating 10) and a head table for my wife and I. Even with 17 tables, there was still plenty of room for the DJ set up and the dance floor. The gazebo was perfect for our ceremony, we had plenty of space to put our 10 person wedding party standing inside the gazebo, as well as having a table four our unity sand ceremony.

The house was beautiful and we loved the fact that we were able to decorate the mantle pieces and tables inside with our own photos. The bridal suite and grooms suite we also very comfortable and ideal for getting ready before guests arrived. The house, inside and out also provided lots of great photo opportunities.

The staff were excellent and Allison, the special events manager was a pleasure to work with.

• Wedding: 09/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wanted an outdoor wedding with beautiful surroundings and one in which the pictures could speak for themselves, and this was the place. Not only was Walden Ponds absolutely gorgeous, but Allison was so unbelievably helpful. I planned the wedding from the UK and she was so wonderful and patient, quick to respond to all my questions and the day-of she was perfect, telling people where to go and making sure everything was perfect. This was the perfect venue for wanting to be out of the hectic-ness of the city on Labor Day weekend. I highly recommend Walden Ponds, it was so perfect!

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have been more pleased with our experience at Walden Ponds. Allison was very helpful with the planning and she and her staff went above and beyond on the day of the wedding to make sure that our day was stress free. The setting was beautiful and many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. We would definitely recommend Walden Ponds to anyone.

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding and pre-reception was beautiful. Thank you

• Wedding: 06/19/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married at Walden Ponds in May of 2008. From start to finish, the staff was more than accommodating. From frequent phone calls and prompt emails, to a beautiful setting and affordable price range, Walden Ponds surpassed my expectations.

Originally, I was drawn to Walden Ponds because of the rarity it possessed. A gazebo wedding was a dream I had since being a young girl. The beauty of the spring combined with an effortless wedding was the exact essence I wanted my day to capture. Finding somewhere that had a gazebo AND an outdoor reception site was something I never imagined finding.

I first saw Walden Ponds in person, in the dead of winter, and within seconds I knew I would get married there. When the spring finally rolled around, and the flowers started blooming, I was beyond impressed. The trees blossomed into large clouds of green and the plants decorated the already beautiful landscape like a picture from a storybook. Now able to see how beautiful my wedding was going to be, I knew I had instinctively made the right choice.

Joe, the general manager, was the anchor in the entire operation of my wedding. From the first phone call to the last, he kept track of everything in a professional and organized manner. We sent frequent emails and I never felt rushed, pressured, or frustration. Instead, I felt patience and encouragement. He even made suggestions that were helpful and without them, I wouldn’t have important moments of my day captured, such as an aerial portrait of my entire guest list. Joe gave me the freedom to come on the grounds at my convenience to brainstorm, take measurements, and he even allowed us to come on site for our engagement photo session. Each time I arrived, I was greeted with enthusiasm and trust, which always calmed my anxious nerves.

The day of my wedding, Joe was on site and visually available at all times. He provided assistance in any way we needed and even helped in the set up and break down of the event. I never felt neglected after a request and I always felt important.

Overall, our experience at Walden Ponds was excellent. The little things like allowing us to use golf carts for our photos and allowing us to hang a homemade swing in a tree are the things I will remember the most. They made us feel important and let us feel comfortable making our day special. We have a connection with Walden Ponds because it is where we started our lives together, and we will always be grateful to the staff for making the day perfect. Maybe on day we can even renew our vows at Walden Ponds!

• Wedding: 05/31/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Such a beautiful place and Allison was so helpful! She was very quick to answer our many many questions every step of the way and worked with our other vendors to make sure everything went smoothly.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Tim
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gorgeous location for a great price.

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love this venue, the only downfall is that it often took a while for the coordinator to get back with me.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Private User
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison at Walden Ponds was a dream to work with - I planned everything from Oregon, so I emailed quite a bit & probably asked the same questions many time. Walden Ponds does have the normal policies & limitations that most venues do (list of caterers, etc) but we had no problem staying within those parameters.

The pictures online do NOT do this place justice. It's really beautiful & has an atmosphere that will leave a big impression on guests - which means less decorating! There are so many different rooms and nooks and crannies that guests filled out in, our 150 guest wedding felt incredibly intimate.

Overall, a wonderful place to have a wedding and at an incredibly value.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The only thing that disappointed me about my wedding with the location was that they were doing renovations (painting the outside), and we were told about this maybe a month before the wedding. But the place still looked beautiful, and I couldn't have imagined a better location with as much visual appeal.

• Wedding: 06/06/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The setting at Walden Ponds is beautiful. I loved the character of the mansion and the quaintness of the gazebo. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It was such a wonderful day!

• Wedding: 09/12/2010
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Allison was very professional and helpful along the way. The venue was clean upon arrival. The only problem I had was when I first spoke to Allison she said that someone on the team at Walden Ponds would be there and would help to set up table arrangements and when I asked again on my last meeting before the wedding the answer was no. Also when my mother arrived to set up the tables, the only table that had linens on it was the cake table so the people I had helping me set up were not able to complete centerpieces in a timely manner. Also, the bar minimum is $1000 and the tax of 18% per person is alot, so something to think about. Other than the organizational glitches, the venue was beautiful. And after pricing many places it was the best. My wedding was lovely and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
513-785-2999
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7