Vividography

Vividography

Southington, CT 06489 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary
Packages: Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited Video, High Def...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don from Vividography was awesome. I learned about Vividography through my brother's wedding planner. We love our highlights and short form (about 30 minutes). Don really captured some special moments--lots of shots of our guests enjoying the reception--and we are so so happy we have the video. There are also some moments that we missed like the cocktail hour, so that was fun to see.

We really enjoyed working with Don--from the first time we met him to the day of the wedding (he totally blended into the background although he captured everything) to the final product he created for us. He's very talented, down to earth, and professional. His prices are also very reasonable compared to some other vendors who do comparable work. I highly recommend Vividography.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Nicole
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Husband here: To preface my review, I had a tv/radio/media focus in college, am in the sports broadcasting business and continue to do video editing of my own whether it’s in a professional context or personal projects. With that said, I know how much time/effort goes into filming, editing and producing a quality result. I can also be quite particular because of this and not easily impressed. But simply put, Vividography nails it. Don and his team have an incredible eye for detail, recognizing the unique quality of something that appears simplistic on the surface, and later transforming it into a work of art. Whether it’s shooting a scene off the reflection of a window, changing focus from something in the background to something in the foreground (focus rack), speeding up a clip in which the sun sets (time lapse), capturing footage from a different angle (ie: an ants view from the ground), or shooting through a cool structure…Vividography utilizes great techniques. While taping they remain rather inconspicuous. Whether it’s the equipment they film with, a video editing filter or a combination of both, the end result is a cinematic look that few videographers produce. Ultimately I was very satisfied with how the story of our wedding day was recorded and told through the eyes of Vividography. I certainly recommend them to those looking to wow friends/family and possess a distinct representation of their special day. But, if you’re hoping for raw footage of long stretches of the reception (ie: guests dancing for several songs in a row), you’ll need to discuss things prior or look elsewhere. He tends to tape 5-10 second clips of things that catch his eye or specific moments he’ll later incorporate in the final edited movie. That’s my only disappointment. I’m huge on dancing and wish there were much longer stretches of time displaying enjoyment on the dance floor. At least stay on a focal point for more than 7 secs. Sadly some fun moments went uncaptured.

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
Anonymous
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Don does an amazing job. The video came out better than even expected and there were high expectations. He got incredible angles and captured smiles/moments that I did not know even existed. I would definitely use him again for an important event.

• Wedding: 08/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had everything and anything you can think of for our wedding, and having Don do our video was by far the best decision we could have made. He is brilliant and very fair, since he is worth 3 times the $$$ he charges.

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DON IS AMAZING. That's really all I need to say. Video was something we were on the fence about until about a month and a half until our wedding- and I can't even tell you 1. How happy we are that we decided to get a video and 2. that our videographer was Don. He has such a creative way to put the video together, as well as the highlight reel (which was SO FUN to get!!!). He takes into consideration all of your special family moments, is so polite and professional- he's just someone you really want at your wedding because he knows what's going on. Him and his assistant did an AMAZING job at being invisible. We just watched our wedding video and I can't say how many times I said "I didn't even realize they were there". We highly recommend that you book them for your wedding- you won't be dissapointed.

• Wedding: 03/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would definitely recommend this company...they are THE BEST!!! No other like them around! Great to deal with, prompt I would give them 10 stars if I could!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Videography did a fabulous job for my daughter and son-in-law. The video was beautiful and he captures all the special moments that we can relive again and again. Videography get my wholehearted recommendation!

• Wedding: 10/08/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Highly recommened! He did such a beautiful job and for a reasonable price. The best part is he provides a short summary video of your wedding capturing all the special details. Whenever my family, friends, or I need a smile we watch it!

• Wedding: 07/02/2010
860-985-8398
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards