Viva Max Weddings
Manhattan, NY 10016  | map
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (18)   Photos   FAQ   Map
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I loved working with Viva. She was the best investment we made for our wedding. She is knowledgeable, organized, and enthusiastic. We felt that she went above and beyond to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. We could not have done it by ourselves. We highly recommend her.
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much Kristel and Jason. I loved having the opportunity to grow close to you both. Miss you two!
Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was on September 13th and Viva killed it!! We were planning a relatively large (~190 people) Brooklyn loft style wedding at the Greenpoint loft and Viva managed to make many of the complexities of a loft wedding (valet parking in Greenpoint where there are no lots, slow elevators in the building, tricky bathroom situation, careful food planning with a temporary kitchen etc.) easy. She is extremely responsive, thoughtful, and was actually the one hounding me and my husband because we took the "low key" thing a bit too far and she likes to have the details in order! As we got closer to the date and were trying to work out flowers and decor within our tight budget Viva jumped in and was able to find us a bunch of wonderful replacements for otherwise expensive items. On the day of the event I was blown away by all the work her team had done in coordination with the florist to sprinkle flowers, weave vines, place candles, and generally make the place look awesome within our budget. If ever I mentioned anything I was interested in or hoping for she would always follow up and made sure we had everything perfectly set for the day.
The best thing about Viva though was her ability to manage both of our families on the day of the weeding so well (and they are VERY different). We were each told separately by our parents how impressed they were with Viva. My husband's mom was very worried about packing up all the stuff she wanted to bring home at the end of the night and was blown away that Viva had already set it all up for her and even had someone bring the items to her car (who knows how Viva even knew where to send them but somehow she did). His mom felt like she could just relax and enjoy as soon as she met Viva while we were getting ready earlier in the day and saw how on top of everything she was. Also, after the wedding my dad actually came up to me and said "I can't wait for another kid of mine to get married (there are 4 of us) so Viva can plan that too.
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
Oh goodness, thank you so much Caitlin. It was so lovely working with you two "low key" love birds. Your families were so sweet and fun -- I am so happy I was able to be a part of your amazing party. Ummm your crowd surfing was unreal. xo
Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was just three weeks ago, so it is very fresh in my mind. Viva was amazing. We contacted her just about three months before the date and had a vision of the day and most of the vendors selected, but had not really understood the level of planning that makes it all come together on the day of. That is where Viva's skills really shine.

She turned our plans into spreadsheets and budgets, so we could see exactly what was left to do at all times. She anticipated needs we wouldn't have thought of. Most importantly, she and her assistant managed all of the vendors, logistics and set-up on the day of the wedding, so we could actually enjoy our wedding without stressing about any of the details. Viva also provided the vendor for the flower arranging who took our vision of using only lavender from a farm we love in Long Island and made it look absolutely beautiful.

It takes trust to hand over so many aspects of one of the most important days of one's life to someone else, however, it was 100% the right decision. Viva was a great coach, cheerleader and, when needed, sergeant-at-arms who was professionally and personally invested on making sure our wedding day was perfect.

I recommend her highly!
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
It was such a delight. I loved working with you and Anne. Thank you so much.
Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Viva for pre-wedding prep and day-of coordination. She is the absolute best at what she does, and is so easy to work with. Everything on the day of the wedding was perfect, thanks in no small part to both Viva's amazing coordination, and also her work in the month leading up to the wedding, helping to make sure we thought of every contingency, and were prepared for any issue that might arise. Not only is she amazing working with other vendors, she is also great at working with family and guests! Many family members raved about how calm, thoughtful and attentive Viva was throughout the wedding day, even though she had a million things to keep straight. She's an absolute joy to work with, and it's because of her that my husband and I and our family members were able to be fully present and enjoy our amazing day. Thank you Viva!
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
Oh Lizzie your wedding was amazing! It was so nice spending time with you both leading up to the day. Thank you for having me be a part of your planning process.
Wedding: 05/25/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
We call her The Amazing Viva because there’s nothing she can’t do. My daughter’s wedding venue was a blank event space with a menu of food from all of her favorite restaurants. Sounds like fun, but logistically it could have been an impossible task as well as a nightmare. Somehow Viva did it flawlessly. She actually coordinated twenty-six different vendors to bring the event to life. Things that would be daunting to most people, Viva takes in stride because nothing ruffles her calm, reassuring, and professional demeanor. The wedding day schedule she developed was as detailed and precise as a military planning operation. A seasoned professional in the wedding industry, every one of the recommended vendors from her curated list was extraordinary as well. Viva was delightful to work with, resourceful, creative, mindful of budgets, generous with her time, always available via email, and just fantastic in every way. I do not think that anyone who has not previously planned a wedding understands the vital importance of having a wedding planner. Viva truly was the most indispensable part of this event. We were all able to relax and enjoy the day and our guests to the fullest extent because we knew that Viva was in charge! We LOVED her – you will too!
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
Oh thank you so much! It was such a pleasure.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Private User 2 Reviews
We just had one of THE most incredible weddings ever...thanks to Viva!

The bride and groom are temporarily assigned to London, so (as the father of the bride) I became the primary local point person here in New York.

We took over Brooklyn Bowl and had over 300 guests. Viva was absolutely incredible in how she planned every detail, and the execution was flawless. From the rehearsal dinner in Brooklyn Heights, to the wedding service right in the venue, to the conversion over to the cocktail hour with live music , to the "over-the top" celebration with an 11 piece killer band...to the brunch the next morning. Not one detail was missed.

Viva was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is cool, calm and confident. She surrounded us with vendors all cut from that same mold. Both the mother of the groom and I could not be happier!!! And, oh yeah...the bride and groom are absolutely on "cloud nine". All their friends from childhood, to college , to work have not stopped calling and raving.

This was truly THE most unique and THE most fun celebration that any guest has ever experienced.

It takes a lot of hard work and talent to pull off an affair like this, and our newest BFF, VIVA!!!!, gets the lion's share of the credit.

Thanks Viva, we love you and we are thrilled!!!
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
You guys are amazing. I feel lucky I got to be a part of this special day. BFF!!!

Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Viva was without a doubt, a total and complete lifesaver and made our dream wedding a reality! After firing our previous wedding planner four months into planning, my husband and I were looking for someone to help us pick up the pieces and help us move forward. Viva was recommended by a friend and from the instant we first spoke to her, we were very impressed. My husband and I live in LA but were getting married in NYC, so we wanted someone who could be on the ground over there. Even though we were working long distance, Viva made the process easy and stress free. She was always reachable and great about responding to emails -- never leaving us hanging. Viva was organized and diligent, helping us keep up with our timeline and due dates for tasks. She helped find us amazing vendors and was always willing to give an honest opinion when we asked her. On the day of the event itself, Viva could not have been more helpful in keeping things running smoothly. Oh, and did I mention she's also just a terrific person? Kind and funny and easy to talk to. My husband and I could not recommend her and her services enough!
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
Oh this is so sweet. Thank you Kalinda! You had such a beautiful wedding vision - it was so fun bringing it to life. Miss you guys.
Wedding: 08/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We couldn't possibly have had such a great wedding without Viva. Viva helped us organize everything -- from the caterer to the DJ to the best place to buy wine. She also kept us organized and on schedule, and was fun to work with the whole time! On the day of, Viva made our venue beautiful and did everything from greeting our guests to making sure I actually put my dress on on time -- which, incidentally, is quite important. Even when it started raining (after our chairs were set up outside!), she didn't falter and made sure that everything went smoothly nonetheless. You're doing yourself a huge service by hiring Viva. She'll make your wedding awesome and she'll come up with creative solutions to any problems that arise.
Viva Max Weddings responded with the following comments:
You had such a lovely wedding. Thank you for including me.
Wedding: 07/20/2013

Susan 2 Reviews
Viva is very creative and easy to work with. She will help you plan a wedding that is personal and memorable.
Wedding: 07/02/2011

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Viva is a special person whose effect I call "Vivatizing" because when she is involved suddenly everything has a spark and is basically more fun. Viva was there for me from the moment my very first ideas about my wedding were taking shape until the very last table was broken down. She made my day absolutely flawless. In fact, we had a porta-potty malfunction that I didn't even find out about until months later because Viva somehow solved the problem! Viva will make your wedding more fun and relaxing.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Viva was truly wonderful! I travel a lot for work and was out of town during crucial planning times. Viva was always available, no matter what time zone I was in, and she was always helpful and responsive. She is incredibly organized and incredibly kind. She has a real passion for what she does and it really shows in the quality of her work. Our big day went off without a hitch and I credit that to Viva. We really couldn't have done it without her. Also, the day of the wedding she was incredibly calm, being the bride, she really helped me to relax because I knew she had everything under control. I was really able to enjoy my day without worries. I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks Viva! We love you!
Wedding: 11/27/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Viva Max Kaley is the ultimate team player. I could not have known prior to my own wedding how crucial this is to the success of your day. With an event as complicated as the average wedding, you need someone who is able to inspire your other vendors to be the best they can be—for you, a relative stranger. By building a team out of our vendors, Viva made this happen for us. Her professionalism and charisma wowed us and the rest of the people we'd hired. (Just FYI, our wedding was 130 people.)
She's also fun to work with, she knows great service providers in every category if you're looking for recs, and is accessible in the extreme. In the final months leading up to the wedding, she took over all my planning correspondence, which allowed me to relax and enjoy my own process of getting ready for the big day. My husband and I enthusiastically recommend her to anyone we know looking for a wedding planner and I'm delighted to be endorsing her on this site.
Wedding: 08/14/2010

AF3 1 Reviews
I asked Viva to help me in the last sprint of my wedding planning process - the 3 weeks before. Believe it or not, I still hadn't chosen my cake or flower design, or thought about my place cards. Viva exceeded my wildest dreams in terms of her professionalism, attention to detail and wedding planning expertise. She helped me get everything in order and I really felt like she cared about making my wedding very special.

I couldn't imagine having my wedding without Viva there making sure everything is going smoothly. On the day of, she helped me with everything from cleaning my dress when I got it dirty, to directing guests to making sure all the load in was on time and proceeding efficiently. Everyone in my family loved her and she is a pleasure to work with. I can't recommend her enough!!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Viva was a ROCKSTAR and the most vital part of our wedding! She did such an amazing job, and was willing to travel to Austin, TX from NYC to help us out. She met with us in person a few times, was always smiling, had great thoughts and suggestions, and was super organized and on the ball. I can't imagine that planners get any better than Viva - no matter the price (even though she was a great value)!
PS. I'm the groom and I was heavily involved in the wedding process - but my wife love love loved her too and so did our other wedding participants!
Wedding: 04/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Viva is awesome! She helped us keep our wedding ours. Viva was able to take an idea we had and make it reality. She's also an excellent resource in everything wedding, she knew where to go to find those special details that made our wedding perfect. Viva knew and thought about particulars that we would never have thought of, making us feel calm and in control of our wedding planning.
Wedding: 02/20/2010
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired Viva for "day-of" wedding coordination for my wedding in March of 2009. About six weeks before our wedding, I had started to get nervous that I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself on my wedding day because I would be so nervous about all of the details I had spent so many months so meticulously planning. For example, I didn't want to have phone numbers in my pocket in case one of the vendors didn't show up and I also didn't want to keep checking a clock to make sure we were keeping on schedule that day.

A friend introduced me to Viva and I was impressed from the first time we spoke. Viva did so much more than help with day-of wedding coordination -- she and I met many times over the last few weeks leading up the wedding and during that time, she created a binder that included copies of all of our vendor contracts, an extremely detailed schedule for our wedding day that she had put together, a detailed floorplan for the reception, lists of everyone's contact information, lists of what to bring and what would need to be packed up after the reception, etc. Viva was also a tremendous resource for final detail ideas. She helped me design the menus, and worked with the lighting coordinator at the reception location to make the space look beautiful.

During the last 2-3 weeks, Viva took over all communication with our vendors and the folks at our church and reception location, leaving me with more time to deal with my own job, honeymoon preparations, and family arrangements. It is worth mentioning that I am a bit of a control freak, and had I not developed complete confidence in Viva's to take over the reins from me, I would not have been able to fully enjoy the benefit of her assistance.

On our wedding day, Viva and her team of pros met me at the hotel where I was getting ready and stayed with us through the end of the reception. From coordinating our transportation, working with our photographer to make sure we took all of the photos on our portrait list, cueing the classical trio we'd hired during the ceremony, expertly removing my veil and bustling my dress, taking gifts to our bridal suite, Viva and her team kept our entire event on track and running smoothly. And at the end of the night, after passing out gratuities for us and telling our friends where to find the after party, they gathered up all of the gifts and other items I had wanted to bring back home (e.g., sterling silver cake knife that I'd gotten as a gift, my bouquet, and some of the other floral arrangements from our cocktail hour) and dropped them off at our apartment since we stayed at a hotel. Viva also, without any solicitation from me, had a big piece of our wedding cake wrapped up and stuck it in our freezer for us to enjoy on our first wedding anniversary.

I can't imagine what I would have done without Viva's event planning expertise, organization, professionalism, encouragement, and help. It was such a tremendous relief to have her running the show on our wedding day and my new husband and I took full advantage of her help to focus on celebrating our special occasion with our family and friends. And she was such a pleasure to work with and get to know. I cannot recommend her event planning services highly enough.
Wedding: 03/21/2009
 646-504-8482
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire