VIP Video Illusion Productions

(2.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I personaly did not use him for a wedding.. He does all of our kids schools videos and i must say he is the absolute worst video company i know poor quality shakey hannds always gives us wrong dvds and very unprofesional i am writing this review to hopefully save a new bride and groom from a very dissapointing wedding video it is one day you cannot replace and you will be stuck with tjis poor video for the rest of your life...

• Flexibility: 5.0

Couldn't save enough about this vendor, great experience.

• Wedding: 12/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I hired Thomas Falcone, owner of VIP Video Illusion Productions from Staten Island to film my daughter's Quinceañera on 8/4/13. He took a deposit of $300, never sent me a signed contract, did not return my calls, emails, or text a month prior to the event. Luckily, I was able to find another videographer 2 weeks prior to the event. I asked Mr. Falcone for my refund, he said he would send it the week of July 12, 2013. It is now 8/21/13, and I have nothing from him yet. I went to his office and it was closed, he refused to meet me there. I left him a postage paid envelope for him to send me the check and ignored it. He keeps ignoring my emails and calls. I had to other resource but to report him to Consumer Affairs, and will make sure every site that advertises his services is aware of the fraud he is.

• Wedding: 08/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Like everyone else who used VIP, it was great the day of the Wedding. However they are the most unprofessional business owners I have ever met. They were very specific with telling us to make sure we call them when we get home from our honeymoon. We called and left 5 messages over the course of a month!!!!! No response until I called and left a message saying I was going to show up at the store unannounced. I received a call back in an hour. All phone calls go right to Thomas' cellphone just so everyone knows. He calls back and we set up a time to meet so I can pick up my raw footage, and guess what???? He was a no show!! At this point I was LIVID!!!. We get back in touch and he tells me hes going to leave the video in the mailbox... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I paid $2000 to have my video left in a mailbox??? What planet are we on? He couldn't even give me the courtesy of handing it to me. The reason for that is they do not want any customers running into prospective clients otherwise they would never book any new business. Needless to say I made a few phone calls to a friend who is in the business and he told me he knows who he is and everyone in the Video Business has the same opinion. He also told me that they operate this way because on the contract it states that if the CLIENT doesn't get in touch with VIP within a year then it is another $750 to edit the tape. So they try to duck and dodge. It is so much easier to be honest and say they are busy instead of lying. After blasting them on facebook I couldn't believe how many people had bad experiences with them. One girl is still waiting after 2.5 years after the EDIT DATE. Absolutely unacceptable. DO NOT USE THEM. more headache than it is worth....

• Flexibility: 0.0

Just to correct the post that Thomas Falcone himself put on here saying that they have been in business for 28 years. Even if he is 50 years old which he is not that would mean he was 22 when he started. It is a family business and I know people who used VIP when the Father was in charge and that is why they used them, but Thomas and his wife are running the business into the ground!!!! They are the worst

• Wedding: 07/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Please all newly brides and grooms do yourself a favor and DONOT use these guy tommy falcone as your videographer he is a f***ing scam artist .. Very quick I'll bring you into what he did to me and my soon to be wife he took out deposit got divorced from his wife and ignored my fiancé and myself for over a month then I went to get my money back and wouldn't even show face he's a worm even threatened to call the cops on me the guys a joke .. Like I said before to all you Newley do yourself a favor and don't use this loser weddings are stressful enough you don't want to give this low life a deposit only to get beat on it .. Wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy !

I haf a great experience with this company. The day went great. My Recap
came great. Didn't even know they were their.

• Wedding: 03/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tommy was our videographer for our wedding on October 27, 2012. He was awesome!! He was so easy to work with and made everyone feel so at ease. When he was filming our wedding he was never in the way and never a bother. I am so excited to see the video!! He was so easy going and was willing to do anything to accomidate our every want. Thank you so much for everything!!

Chris & Andrea McNamara

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

IN RESPONSE TO ALL PAST AND FUTURE CLIENTS. OUR VIDEOS ARE ALL CUSTOM EDITS. EVERY CLIENT PICKS ALL CHOICES FROM BEING TO END. SO THE END VIDEO IS WHAT YOU HAVE PICKED. IN YOUR CONTRACT, IT STATES AND IS TOLD TO YOU UPON SIGNING THAT ALL FINISHED PRODUCTS TAKE UP TO 8 MONTHS TO 1 YEAR FROM THE TIME YOU SUMMIT YOUR EDIT SO THERE IS NO SURPRISES. WE HAVE BEEN IN THE
WEDDING VIDEO BUSINESS FOR 28 YEARS THIS JANUARY. VIDEO COMPANY'S HAVE COME AND GONE AND WE ARE STILL AROUND. ALL EMAILS AND CALLS ARE CALLED BACK AS SOON AS WE GET THEM. AT THE END WE TRY TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. EVEN IF WE DELIVER A VIDEO THAT A CLIENT IS NOT HAPPY WITH WE WILL KEEP FIXING IT WITH REASON TO MAKE A CLIENT HAPPY. IT SEEMS TO ME EVERY CLIENT THAT ARE POSTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ARE PEOPLE WHO WAITED TO BRING THEIR VIDEO'S IN LATE. BEFORE WE SIGN A CONTRACT WE ARE UP FRONT AND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE
GONE OVER. OUR EDITOR TAKES PRIDE IN EVERY VIDEO THAT IS PRODUCED AND WORKS ON IT AS IF IT WAS HER OWN WEDDING.
THAT'S WHY WE ARE SO SUCCESSFUL IN THE WEDDING BUSINESS.

• Wedding: 09/23/2012
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am eloping instead of going with the wedding plans, too much fighting within the family. I do have a $900 credit toward video if anyone is interested.

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 0.0

The absolute WORST vendor I have ever had to deal with!!! I still have not received my video after 17 MONTHS after I met with them with my video edits!! They promise 8-10 months after they receive your edits. No one returns my calls...ever. The owner (THOMAS) is rude and blames everything else but himself for the delays and lack of communication. You do not want to deal with this company...you will have a headache for the next two years after your wedding. I was promised so many things that I never received. Just a horrible experience. My wedding cost over 200k, in NYC, and I had 34 vendors, not one of them gave me a problem besides VIP! It is one thing to have to wait much longer that expected, but the fact that you don't hear from them after leaving 10-20 messages is insane!! TERRIBLE!!!!!!! AVOID!!!!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was on 12/17/11. My videographer was Tommy, leading up to my wedding he was great, day of the wedding he paid attention to all details and i didn't know he was their. Can't wait to see my video.

• Wedding: 12/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Can't say enough, my video came out great, very talented & creative.
highly recommend.

• Wedding: 12/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 0.0

UNPROFESSIONAL to say the least. My wedding was over 2 years ago and I just got my video which is horrible. Tommy is rude and does not know how to treat his customers. I was recommended to them by a friend that worked with them years ago...and we both agree that they are not the same. Does not return calls WHAT-SO-EVER. I must leave 10-15 messages for every response I get, and now have not heard from them in 3 months. (I want to make changes to my video which is not at all what I wanted) I am actually very nice in the messages I leave so I am not sure why TOMMY is scared to call me back. I was very quick to call them after my wedding, and still took months just to get my raw footage. I set up an appt with tommy's wife (JEN) and she didn't show up......when I finally got in touch with her, I gave her all of my edits, photos, music selections very quickly. I don't understand why I did everything they wanted me to and I still have to wait two freaking years?!?!?!?!? Also, whenever I do get tommy on the phone, he NEVER apologizes for not returning calls and just acts like everything is fine and gives you all these FALSE promises. TOTAL BS! AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! any positive reviews on here are fake, they were made on the same day with the same bad grammar mistakes....hahaha

• Wedding: 09/16/2011

Very Creative, My videographer paid attention to all detail that day. On time,
first one their,last one to leave. Upon completion of my video i received everything that was promised in my contract. The editing was everything i wanted , plus more.

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vip Video Illusion was Great. Can't say enough about this company.
Upon signing the contract everything was stipulated. The day of the wedding everything was beautiful. Very creative, got along with my photographer,went to all the locations my photographer went. Upon
coming back from my honeymoon i received my raw footage and as stipulated in my contract i received my edited video in the time that
i returned my edit decision list. Overall can't be more happy with everything.

• Wedding: 07/16/2011