Vicki Grafton Photography
Fairfax, VA 22033  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Vicki was one of the first vendors we booked and one of our favorites. We feel very lucky to have found her and snatched her up for our wedding day! Photography was very important to us, and we knew immediately when we met Vicki that her style was exactly what we wanted. She was absolutely amazing throughout the entire wedding process. It is hard to pick my favorites out of the photos she took of our wedding day, because I love them all. During the wedding reception, I remember having the best time of my life and catching Vicki out of the corner of my eye at all the right moments. Not only is Vicki incredibly talented, she was also a great resource throughout the planning process. She went above and beyond, always responding to my questions and even helping me draft and refine the timeline of events. I cannot say enough good things about Vicki and would wholeheartedly recommend her to any bride.
Wedding: 10/05/2013

Anonymous 4 Reviews
I could not have asked for a better photographer. Not only is she creative and has a great eye, but she helped plan the logistics of my reception, made recommendations and used her background in wedding planning to ensure everything ran smoothly. She is calm, kind and easy to work with. She makes everyone feel comfortable and is so very aware of everything going on. She stuck to our schedule and took every shot that I requested. Her package also included engagement photos and she spent more time than expected. She also arrived early to my wedding to make sure everything was ready. She spends more time than in the contract because she cares so much about her work. She just sent me a sneak peek of our wedding photos and they are incredible. The shots are artsy and so beautiful. You will not regret hiring her!
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 3 Reviews
Vicki is amazing. My cousin recommended me to her, and I'm so so happy we chose her. I knew she would be awesome and had an eye for all things beautiful when during our first meeting, she let me bounce design, color, and floral ideas off of her. She gave some great advice. I really appreciated her attention to detail and service throughout the whole process. The final product spoke for itself. She captured the most beautiful moments on the most important day of our lives. She an extraordinary talent. Completely worth the investment.

Jewel 4 Reviews
Before my husband and I got engaged, I was already a pretty dedicated wedding blog stalker. So, I knew I wanted to hire a great photographer. Because of that, Vicki was the second vendor we booked!! I was and still am so impressed with her work. Her photos are natural, refreshing, soft, and real. She is a true artist. My husband and I love our wedding and engagement photos. And our family members and friends have nothing but great things to say about Vicki and the photos she captured of the day. I love that Vicki really enjoys her work, and is dedicated to her craft. And I have to commend Vicki for dealing with our HUGE families. Our family formals with 30+ people came out perfectly!! I highly, definitely, 100% recommend Vicki to anyone who wants their photo taken ever in their lifetime :)
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vicki photographed our intimate elopement in Frostburg, MD. I contacted her after I fell in love with the timeless and beautiful photos on her blog. Vicki answered all my emails promptly and thoroughly. She created a custom package for our elopement. I don’t know anything about weddings or photographs, so I relied heavily on her expertise. She suggested a timeline and helped me coordinate with our venue and videographer. She recommended a florist, and even offered to pick up the bouquet and boutonniere on her way to Frostburg. When we met her on the day of the ceremony, we immediately knew that we made the right decision. We felt comfortable with her. She was friendly and warm, but also methodical and efficient. Our photos were ready when she said we would be, and we are so happy with how they turned out. The photos are absolutely stunning, and they captured the spirit of the day perfectly. I highly recommend Vicki – she is awesome!!
Wedding: 06/12/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
I found Vicki Grafton Photography just from searching vendors with positive reviews online. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Vicki and her team. I was very concerned about the cost of wedding photography but I have to say that the results that Vicki delivered were priceless! My husband and I had such a fun experience with both the engagement session and the wedding photos. For the engagement Vicki agreed to travel to our alma mater where we met and personalized the shoot making it a very special experience. We received so many compliments on her unique style of photography, it really captured a genuine intimacy and a moment in time that we'll treasure forever, not to mention she made us look amazing. Vicki really put us at ease and was so helpful and responsive in the wedding planning process- she gave us many great ideas and helpful advice with planning, timeline, etc. I was really in love with her use of film photography which added a lot of character to the images, almost like pieces of art that we can look back on to remember our special day. Her images captured the genuine essence of the wedding day and of each person who attended and that's what we loved most about her unique style.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When it's all over, you have your husband, your memories, and your photographs. These are the most important things to be happy with, in my book. I wasn't overly picky with flowers or table decoration, but I was picky with finding our photographer. I wanted natural-looking photographs that captured the day simply and beautifully, and captured who we are as a couple. With Vicki, I got every bit of this and more. I couldn't be happier with how our photographs turned out, and they are a testament to her talent as a photographer. Her photographs are the natural, beautiful captures of our day that I had envisioned. She is worth every penny we spent. She was responsive, organized, professional, and a pleasure to work with. And, not only did she capture our day perfectly, but she helped us get organized well in advance of our wedding by asking some really good questions and helping us work through our timeline and related details. The day of, we just relaxed and had a blast, and she captured every moment we wanted - not a thing was missed. I feel we ended up with better shots than what I've seen of other photographers at the equivalent price. I cannot recommend Vicki Grafton enough. We were very lucky and thankful to have had her for our day, and we are ecstatic over how our photos turned out.
Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
At the top of our wedding list for priorities was an excellent photographer. What a gem we found in Vicki Grafton! I wanted dreamy-stylized photos as my husband wanted more photo-journalistic images and we were so excited when we saw both in her work. From the start, Vicki and her crew were professional, responsive and attentive; giving us a survey about what we wanted, a very detailed timeline, getting important details about shots we liked and information about our venue. Our interview with her was very professional and pricing information was upfront, something that not every photographer is willing to give. She, her second shooter and assistant were so obliging and professional. The timeline she gave us was such an important tool for the planning of our wedding day and they stuck to it. Her style is unobtrusive yet intimate, getting our good sides as well as those of our friends and family and the images left us with such an incredible sense of our wedding day that we'll treasure them forever. Even so far after the wedding, she still keeps in touch, and I love checking in on her blog to see her latest work. She is an investment, but one you won't regret.
Wedding: 05/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My fiance and I started our photography search and we were surprised at some of the quality of the photography for the value but when I found Vicki, I knew right away I loved her photography style and I wanted to book her. Her photos are very simple, clean, and have a cool effect that I can't describe. After we asked a photography friend, he confirmed that Vicki was the right choice for the best quality and value.

Vicki was very responsive and knowledgeable and once we met her for the consultation appt. I knew that I wanted to book her because I appreciate how she was well- organized, professional and attentive to details because I am like that too. When planning Vicki was able to help us by suggesting a wedding timeline and incorporating my chinese tea ceremony she help me finalize my wedding timeline. I am an asian bride and she recommended to me what worked best with the timeline based on my cultural preferences for certain photos.
After taking the engagement shoot with her and seeing our photos especially the ones with our pup, I knew she had great composition and loved the photos. My fiance our pup and I felt very relaxed and comfortable with Vicki at our shoot and had a great time.

For our wedding Vicki was well prepared and had asked us what photos we wanted at the wedding in advance. Unfortunately my wedding was the weekend after Hurricane Sandy and we had a lot of wedding mishaps but Vicki was still flexible with the timeline and despite the weather conditions. My wedding was a bit chaotic because I did everything myself and so I was stressed but she made sure to get all the pictures I wanted and even coordinated with the DJ to call up family members for group pictures because I forgot to tell the DJ that. We finally ended the night with cute pictures of me and the groom playing around with sparklers. Vicki has a great eye and awesome composition in her photography, I was so glad that she was able to capture those wedding moments for me.
Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I could not have found a better photographer than Vicki. She did our engagement shoot and our wedding weekend at Rosemont Manor in Berryville, VA. Not only is she professional and great at her job, but she is fun to work with (helps take some anxiety away from a nervous bride and groom!!) She captured our big day perfectly, and we could not be happier with the final product. Definitely look to Vicki for all of your wedding photography needs. :)
Wedding: 10/27/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Vicki was great to work with. She gave us just enough direction to get some great photos without us looking over posed. She listened to all of my ideas and made sure to get pictures of what I asked for. All of our pictures turned out great! She made a wonderful slideshow for us and all the little gifts/wrapping for the cds were adorable!

Anonymous 1 Reviews
When my husband and I sat down to start prioritizing for our wedding (September 2012), the photographer was my number one priority. I contacted a local photographer who did not provide wedding services to ask her if she had any recommendations for us. She provided me with a list of approximately 30+ local photographers. I had a vision in my head of how I foresaw the venue and photographs to come and with that I began searching on the 30+ websites. It wasn't long before I found Vicki's site. Once I canvassed her site, I knew right away she was the one! Her attention to detail and creativeness really caught my eye. Vicki was quick to respond to our initial inquiry and at our request we confirmed details through a conference call. During our phone conversation, I told Vicki - I just know, I know that you are going to be able to capture our wedding day perfectly! On the day of our wedding I experienced a "wow" moment that I will never forget. I was arranging the favor table and I look up and I see Vicky taking pictures of my beautiful wedding dress hanging underneath a vintage chandellier in the outside arbor area and I immediately got chill bumps. This particular picture is one of my favorites and I wish that I could post it to this site for all of you to see. Vicki did a WONDERFUL job of capturing our wedding day as I feel like I'm reliving my wedding each time I look at the pictures. We just recently received our slideshow (which incorporates our wedding precession songs) and every time I watch it I tear up! Vicki's natural eye for finding beauty is purely amazing! She is great to work with, she's very laid back and was extremely helpful in planning the timeline for our wedding. She's proactive, she plans ahead and is very thorough. I HIGHLY recommend Vicki!!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I actually hired Vicki as a Coordinator, but she ended up doing some photography of my wedding as well. I was so worried that I had chosen the wrong photographer. He didn't realize all the time I had spent picking out every single detail and that I wanted to capture everything, but Vicki did and told me that she would see if she could get some shots throughout the day. I feel so blessed that she was able to do this because her photos were BEAUTIFUL, and she got all the details that I was so worried my photographer wouldn't get (which he actually didn't, so she was my hero!) Vicki is very professional and she is quick (she knows what she is looking for in every shot and has a great eye). I feel so lucky that I got to use/see as much of Vicki's talent as I did. I would recommend her over and over (and I already have).
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vicki's photographs speak for themselves -- they're elegant and stunning and simply beautiful. But what we loved just as much about Vicki, is how much she truly loves photographing weddings and how much she cares about her clients. Vicki went above and beyond for our wedding in Shenandoah National Park. She volunteered to pick-up our cake and my flowers and she took great care in arriving early to our ceremony location to pick out THE perfect spots for our ceremony and for pictures. Vicki has a gift behind the camera and she also has a gift of making people feel at ease and comfortable. We could not be happier! Thank you again, Vicki! You are THE best!
Wedding: 09/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where to even begin?! Vicki was the icing on the cake when we hired her! I had met with so many photographers and I knew when I first talked with her she was perfect! She's easy going, great personality, knows her stuff, and gives you all the answers to your questions before you even have to ask. Vicki also sent us our first gift as an engaged couple, which was way above and beyond. =) If you are reading this review you already know that Vicki use to do Wedding Planning; which is a HUGE plus for any bride. Vicki has to be by far one of the most talented people in the D.C. area. She is not only extremely professional but easy going. There is no stress around Vicki. She showed up for pictures about an hour before she needed to be there which was wonderful because she got some extra shots in before the "photo schedule" began. My Husband and I adore Vicki and Highly recommend her to any couple looking for a fantastic photographer. We will definitely be using her in the future. ;) We can't wait to see the pictures from our wedding day!
Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love Vicki and I love the work she does!! After finding her on a local blog, I checked out her website and fell in love! Her photos are very beautiful, stunning, and elegant.

Vicki is also awesome to work with. She is professional but she is also very laid back and easy going, she is incredibly sweet and funny, and you can tell that she really loves to be a photographer.

Her photos are very artistic and very high quality, and they all look like they belong in magazines. Vicki used to be a wedding planner and stylist so she knows what she is looking for with shots and her shots turn out beautifully.

Vicki was so helpful along the way with all the questions I asked her. I even asked Vicki for suggestions and recommendations on other vendors. I also decided at the very, very last minute that I wanted to add draping to my venue and Vicki got me all the information from the other vendor and helped me work with them to make it happen.

For my wedding, Vicki helped me in planning how much time to allow getting ready at my venue, to make sure we got enough photos, and what to plan for after the ceremony. We had a lot of family photos that we wanted to get and she told us ahead of time that she was a little worried about being able to get enough pictures of my husband and me and asked if we would mind if we took more couple photos after dinner, which we didn’t mind at all. It was nice to be able to know exactly what to expect and know ahead of time what the timing would look like.

Vicki got our photos back to us in about a month, which was awesome since a lot of my friends waited months to get theirs back. She even posted two photos of me the day after the wedding so I had something to see right away. Vicki is incredibly thoughtful, professional, and talented and my husband and I are beyond happy with our photos.

I highly recommend Vicki!!

Wedding: 08/11/2012
 703-691-8089
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire