Venetian Yacht Club

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

We attended a Wedding and witnessed at the end of it, they gave a tip and a Manager came back to them and said it was not enough.. They should have tipped them at least $700! Unreal. Who does that?! How unprofessional! In addition, the food was not up to par, and bridal suite did not have one single drink in it. Definitely not a favorable place to have a Wedding.

When I called to let them know about the tip, because I thought it would only be right to let the owner know what his happening in their establishment, I received a phone call back from the GM stating she would look into it (did not believe us and had a very unprofessional tone). She never returned my call. I am now forced to contact the Maddox company, who owns the Venetian.

Services Used: Catering
1 Review
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

They were very helpful towards my request.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Jessica
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Terrible service! We booked our wedding two years in advance and gave our deposit one day before Sandy hit. The place was destroyed but I had my heart set on it so we stuck through it with them and trusted they would re build. For a year and half we had great communication with Felicia up until three months before our wedding. We needed to request a kids meal and kept emailing Felicia and leaving NUMEROUS messages at the Ventian to call us back. This went on for 6 weeks getting no response until someone finally told us she no longer worked there. (Was anyone going to call us to let us know the person we've been working with for a year and half would no longer be taking care of our wedding) We went for our final appointment and met with Daisy- who we had never met before. She was extremely rude did not even introduce herself and when we told her what time we were gong to be coming for pictures she told us we could not or we would have to pay additional. I showed her emails written from Felicia stating we were allowed to arrive at this time and she still would not stand by the emails I had from her staff. There was no other wedding this day and we were told we could come a half hour earlier for family pictures. The whole week before my wedding she kept arguing with me and when I asked to speak to her boss she refused to give me the contact information. We stuck by you through Sandy, we didn't say anything when no one answered our emails and phone calls for six weeks..we were a pretty laid back couple. The professionalism was non existent no one even said hello to us the day of our wedding other than the bridal attendant. Would NEVER recommend this venue you will have your heartbroken from your dream wedding. The ONLY good thing was the food.

4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

My Daughter Jodianne's wedding 2 weeks ago was beautiful & people are still talking about the food, the staff & the service @ this awesome gem of a place. We were more that pleased & satisfied with every penny spent having the wedding there! Working with Daisy was great...My only reason for not giving a perfect score , because now it's all over we do not get the same swift response or retuned calls after the wedding. But I'd still recommend it

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The location is breath taking!! It looks like you are on a cruise ship with the large window views of the water. There was more than enough food and the quality was great. Finally our bridal attendant and maître'd were experienced and very helpful!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I don't even know where to begin! From the moment we met Felicia we knew that the Venetian was it! I cannot say enough good things about them. The staff was fantastic, the food was amazing, the rooms are absolutely gorgeous! Felicia made us feel right at home and was always there to answer ALL my questions (and there were a lot...lol). Every single person we spoke to after the wedding has raved about how beautiful it was and how good the food was. Our Maître D and Bridal Attendant were absolutely amazing as well! They were on top of everything. We didn't need to do anything except enjoy our day! If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you again to everyone at the Ventian XOXOXO

• Wedding: 11/08/2013
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely awesome! Daisy is great! I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Honestly I couldn't have asked for a better venue and group of people to help run the show. Felicia, our planner, was amazing. She was on top of everything and even added special little things to our day to make us feel special. The bridal attendant, Katie, was excellent! She even curled and fixed my hair for me because it was windy!
The views were impeccable. We are still getting compliments on the scenery.
The service exceeded my expectations and the food was great! I would definitely recommend this wedding venue to anyone!!

• Flexibility: 0.0

Do not book here. Horrible. We had our wedding in the downstairs room, which at the time i booked I was not aware there was another room upstairs, we had tons of people crash our wedding, I have proof too, they went in our photo booth and took complete advantage because their wedding upstairs was over. My matre D and some blonde women downstairs shared some nasty words in front of guests which was very embarrassing, at cocktail hour they said their would be pass around food and drinks, and there was none in sight! Daisy promised me things they never happened, My ceremony started to late and was pitch black outside by the end of it! They told my vendors they had an hour to set up, which they only had 1/2 hour and they were very stressed and not happy, THEN theres a mandatory $400 tip to give the matre D which was not spoken of until a week before the wedding, which i did not give her the whole tip because I was pissed by the end of the night, they also lost a few of my things!
FORGET THIS PLACE! Go somewhere else, the only thing that was good was the view and the bridal attendant !

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We were invited to this venue as wedding party guests. We were new to the area and came a bit earlier. Once we entered lobby we were met with VERY UNWELCOMING UNFRIENDLY MEAN HOSTESSES. They simply told us that ceremony begins at 5:30 PM and we are not allowed to get in. What a NASTY SURPRISE! We are not very young and keeping us standing in a lobby for about 3 hours was not good gesture. It appeared there was enough rooms with chairs inside to give us some chance to seat. Looks like staff was instructed to act like this. Very poor management, very poor hospitality. Feel sorry about people whom risked to deal with this business. Would not recommend to anyone.

1 Review
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about my Wedding turned out amazing! The Maitre D and Bridal Attendant really made my night. They were so attentive and genuinely sweet. They set up all of my stuff perfectly! The only reason that I gave a lower score for responsiveness is because during the months leading up to the wedding, I would have to wait weeks for a response to emails that I sent. But, as I said, the Wedding Day was amazing. The guests loved everything from the beauty of the venue itself to the food!

3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The Venetian did a beautiful job of fixing up the venue after hurricane sandy. I was very nervous about everything. Daisy did a great job of calming me. However the day of I wish the staff I was directly involved with were as helpful. The matire'd and bridal attendant weren't great. At one point they even had words with each other which was awkward. I had also set up before the big day for certain items to be displayed certain places and they weren't. They also told me I could arrive at 5pm. When my limo pulled up another wedding from tr afternoon was leaving. The matire'd couldn't understand why I didn't want to walk through the entrance at the moment. My husband asked if the car could take me to another entrance so that no one would see the bride before the ceremony. He was also rushed as soon as his exited the vehicle as they were demanding a decision to be made about where the ceremony should take place inside or outside do to threat of weather. When my husband said we were going to go for it outside, they must have asked him 5 times "are you sure?" It was upsetting that they were respecting our decision it didnt help when the matire'd said it was because she didnt want to make the guys break down the inside room just to put it back. Well too bad that was our decision we wanted it outside and it was beautiful. She complained about them taking it down well they didn't even do it fully leaving the previous wedding's flowers and arch in what was now guests waiting room.
On a positive note my guests loved loved the food and the servers were wonderful very friendly and the place did come out great. Unfortunately my wedding hiccups centered around very few staff members.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at the Venetian helped make our wedding so special. Very professional and flexible. They were able to assist in any way and honor pretty much every one of our requests. The venue is absolutely beautiful; the view is breathtaking. Our guests raved about it!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just wanted to thank everyone from the ( Venetian YachtClub ) one more time for such a great wedding experience. Everything was perfect (even the weather!). I've gotten endless compliments on the food, cake, the view , everything. by more than a few friends and family members. thank you one more time for everything you did toward helping us realize our ideal wedding. The best decision we made was choosing Venetian Yachtclub as our venue. Thank you for making everything so easy for us. we will never for get this day and the wonderful night at the venetian yachtclub. Thanks again." the happy couple cristian & Nairobi Castillo

• Wedding: 04/14/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Service was incredible!!!!! The food was outstanding and the ceremony could not have been better!

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Beware of the Venetian Yacht Club! It has been a year since they cancelled our wedding event due to Sandy. Although they told us that our deposit would be returned (which has now been held by them for about 18 months!) they have refused to do so. And, this is despite being back in business since the first quarter of the year. The Venetian Yacht Club has not cooperated with a Department of Consumer Affairs judgement, The Attorney General's office, or our own legal counsel. We would never want anyone else to go through what we have been going through with the Venetian for over a year. I would not trust this venue with my wedding or any other event.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
631-422-2400
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.3