Venetian Yacht Club

Flexibility
4.2
[Private]
0.0

Awful. Met with daisy and she wasn't friendly. Space was small and misleading about outside space!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are all booked at the Venetian Yacht Club for our wedding on 10/3/15! We absolutely fell in love with this venue the first time we went there in September. The view is gorgeous. The outdoor area for the ceremony is beautiful with the water directly next to it. The ballroom upstairs is amazing. And the windows that overlook the bay & bridge were just perfect. Toniann is our consultant there, and she is just amazing - so helpful, accommodating, and really worked with us to help make our dreams come true on a budget. The food is absolutely delicious too - SO many options (more than any other venue that we went to - and we went to a lot). Everything was cooked perfectly - and my fiancé used to be a chef so he is picky. Even our parents fell in love with it! We are so excited for 10/3/15, and I can't wait to get all the beautiful pictures with the gorgeous view after.

[Private]

I have yet to have my wedding there bUt they have been very helpful so far.

1 Review
0.5

We attended a Wedding and witnessed at the end of it, they gave a tip and a Manager came back to them and said it was not enough.. They should have tipped them at least $700! Unreal. Who does that?! How unprofessional! In addition, the food was not up to par, and bridal suite did not have one single drink in it. Definitely not a favorable place to have a Wedding.

When I called to let them know about the tip, because I thought it would only be right to let the owner know what his happening in their establishment, I received a phone call back from the GM stating she would look into it (did not believe us and had a very unprofessional tone). She never returned my call. I am now forced to contact the Maddox company, who owns the Venetian.

Services Used: Catering
3.8

We had our wedding there this past October. The place was beautiful and the food was great!
A few things I found ehhh... The bridal attendant and the maître d really weren't by my side throughout the night. I had to constantly look for them, and later found out it was because the "bridal" attendant also had two other tables to take care of at the same time. We were misinformed about times for the wedding, where we ended up ending the wedding a half hour earlier then we were supposed to. Guests were not directed at the ceremony correctly- we had spent a lot of money on special colored rose pedals to be thrown during the ceremony and no guests had them in had, and when asked we were told they were in the room in a basket on the side for people to take (but in reality they were hidden). These are all minor things during a wedding, but as a bride who took a year to plan details these things stood out to me. Also, I had emailed the venue a week later to thank them for everything and no one even had the courtesy to respond to me, which I found very rude.

4.7

We had a wonderful experience working with the staff at the Venetian Yacht Club for a second wedding reception (10/11/2014). We had gotten married in a small and lovely reception at a vineyard in Upstate New York. However, my family (the groom's) is pretty big and there was no way I was getting away with a 55 person wedding reception. My wife did not want somewhere that would take away from our wedding ceremony and reception we would have 2 weeks prior. We worked with Toniann who helped us craft an experience that was casual to not to steal the spotlight but remain elegant so we could celebrate our marriage with a larger group of my side of the family.

The food was out of this world and even though there would be dessert, my mother asked to have cookies placed at every tables - the Venetian happily obliged with a phenomenal selection of italian-style cookies.

We did not have a traditional ceremony by any means and cut out a lot of the usual flourishes you usually will find in a Long Island wedding reception. It still remains a very special day for us.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Jessica
09/06/2014

They were very helpful towards my request.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
0.5

Terrible service! We booked our wedding two years in advance and gave our deposit one day before Sandy hit. The place was destroyed but I had my heart set on it so we stuck through it with them and trusted they would re build. For a year and half we had great communication with Felicia up until three months before our wedding. We needed to request a kids meal and kept emailing Felicia and leaving NUMEROUS messages at the Ventian to call us back. This went on for 6 weeks getting no response until someone finally told us she no longer worked there. (Was anyone going to call us to let us know the person we've been working with for a year and half would no longer be taking care of our wedding) We went for our final appointment and met with Daisy- who we had never met before. She was extremely rude did not even introduce herself and when we told her what time we were gong to be coming for pictures she told us we could not or we would have to pay additional. I showed her emails written from Felicia stating we were allowed to arrive at this time and she still would not stand by the emails I had from her staff. There was no other wedding this day and we were told we could come a half hour earlier for family pictures. The whole week before my wedding she kept arguing with me and when I asked to speak to her boss she refused to give me the contact information. We stuck by you through Sandy, we didn't say anything when no one answered our emails and phone calls for six weeks..we were a pretty laid back couple. The professionalism was non existent no one even said hello to us the day of our wedding other than the bridal attendant. Would NEVER recommend this venue you will have your heartbroken from your dream wedding. The ONLY good thing was the food.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

There was nothing about our wedding I would change. This place is incredible. Food was amazing, service was incredible, bridal attend was just SO perfect.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Daughter Jodianne's wedding 2 weeks ago was beautiful & people are still talking about the food, the staff & the service @ this awesome gem of a place. We were more that pleased & satisfied with every penny spent having the wedding there! Working with Daisy was great...My only reason for not giving a perfect score , because now it's all over we do not get the same swift response or retuned calls after the wedding. But I'd still recommend it

Recently Married

The location is breath taking!! It looks like you are on a cruise ship with the large window views of the water. There was more than enough food and the quality was great. Finally our bridal attendant and maître'd were experienced and very helpful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin! From the moment we met Felicia we knew that the Venetian was it! I cannot say enough good things about them. The staff was fantastic, the food was amazing, the rooms are absolutely gorgeous! Felicia made us feel right at home and was always there to answer ALL my questions (and there were a lot...lol). Every single person we spoke to after the wedding has raved about how beautiful it was and how good the food was. Our Maître D and Bridal Attendant were absolutely amazing as well! They were on top of everything. We didn't need to do anything except enjoy our day! If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you again to everyone at the Ventian XOXOXO

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Absolutely awesome! Daisy is great! I would recommend this place to anyone.

1+ year ago

Honestly I couldn't have asked for a better venue and group of people to help run the show. Felicia, our planner, was amazing. She was on top of everything and even added special little things to our day to make us feel special. The bridal attendant, Katie, was excellent! She even curled and fixed my hair for me because it was windy!
The views were impeccable. We are still getting compliments on the scenery.
The service exceeded my expectations and the food was great! I would definitely recommend this wedding venue to anyone!!

0.0

Do not book here. Horrible. We had our wedding in the downstairs room, which at the time i booked I was not aware there was another room upstairs, we had tons of people crash our wedding, I have proof too, they went in our photo booth and took complete advantage because their wedding upstairs was over. My matre D and some blonde women downstairs shared some nasty words in front of guests which was very embarrassing, at cocktail hour they said their would be pass around food and drinks, and there was none in sight! Daisy promised me things they never happened, My ceremony started to late and was pitch black outside by the end of it! They told my vendors they had an hour to set up, which they only had 1/2 hour and they were very stressed and not happy, THEN theres a mandatory $400 tip to give the matre D which was not spoken of until a week before the wedding, which i did not give her the whole tip because I was pissed by the end of the night, they also lost a few of my things!
FORGET THIS PLACE! Go somewhere else, the only thing that was good was the view and the bridal attendant !

1 Review
1+ year ago
0.0

We were invited to this venue as wedding party guests. We were new to the area and came a bit earlier. Once we entered lobby we were met with VERY UNWELCOMING UNFRIENDLY MEAN HOSTESSES. They simply told us that ceremony begins at 5:30 PM and we are not allowed to get in. What a NASTY SURPRISE! We are not very young and keeping us standing in a lobby for about 3 hours was not good gesture. It appeared there was enough rooms with chairs inside to give us some chance to seat. Looks like staff was instructed to act like this. Very poor management, very poor hospitality. Feel sorry about people whom risked to deal with this business. Would not recommend to anyone.