Valley Forge Military Academy & College

(4.9 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Recently had my wedding at VFMC and it was absolutely brilliant. It was a blessed day, perfect weather, and it was a great location to have the photo shoot after. The cadets rolling out the runner was a wonderful and unique touch. Jessica and Brendan made the day seamless and were overly available to accommodate all of our requests prior and the day of. The church was beautiful, spacious, and classic. Parking was a two minute walk, but more than sufficient for a 500 guest wedding. Would strongly recommend the team and venue for special occasions.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oh My where should I began! Brendan and Jessica are absolutely FABULOUS! My husband and I could not have drawn a better picture of how we wanted our day to turn out. The VFMA was simply beautiful. Both Brendan and Jessica did a phenomenal job cordially walking us through what could have been a very chaotic process.They availed themselves for our multiple visits to the venue, gave us advice and insight from personal experiences and most importantly they did everything with a smile.They both were very polite, patient, gracious and they simply made us feel like family. Their superb customer service is priceless. The Seymour's are more than satisfied with our choice to have our wedding at the Valley Forge Military Academy!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
karlin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MWSS 472 would like to thank Valley Forge Military Academy for making the Squadron's 51st Annual Mess Night an event to remember. The staff was exceptional and the venue could not have been more perfect for this time honored military tradition. A special thanks to Brendan Davidson for the time he devoted to our event. His attentive responsiveness to our needs, and flexibility to small last minute changes personified the professionalism that he and his staff are credited for. I would personally recommend this venue to any organization that was looking for a night to truly remember! CWO2 John W. Peskuski

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brendon cannot be more helpful and I don't think there is enough space to write all the ways he was helpful. Brendon and Jess will ensure your wedding goes off without a hitch. They plan, are helpful, and just made the entire process incredibly easy. Brendon is a stickler about the details and he made sure, like we were personal friends and it was his obligation, that our wedding and reception was 100% perfect.

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BEST DAY EVER!!! We really could not have had such a great if it wasn't so easy to work with two great people, Brendan and Jess. They both made it a point to ensure our day was perfect, and it was, PERFECT. I can't say enough about theses two or the beauty of the campus itself. The food was delicious, the space was the perfect size, the pomp and circumstance was much appreciated and overall it was just a great experience. My new husband and I would recommend this venue to everyone looking for great spot to enjoy their special day.

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding far exceeded any expectations we had, simply amazing!
Nothing but the best things to say about vfma. If I needed it, it happened. If it went wrong, it was fixed. The type of customer service that just doesn't seem to exist anymore, kind courteous and professional. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express how perfect my wedding was, thanks to Valley Forge Military Academy- and more importantly- Brendan Davidson. He was our rock in the whole wedding planning process, any issues we had he was there to solve. I honestly did not have any stress during the grueling wedding planning process because Brendan took all worries away. People are still talking about our wedding and will for a long time, because the venue was stunning. A friend of mine had a wedding a few weeks after (at a different venue) and she had a ton of issues with scheduling... she looked at me and said "I need Brendan here". Choosing a venue is the #1 most important step in the whole process, so make sure you love the people that will be working towards making your day perfect. You will love Brendan and you will love Valley Forge Military Academy. It also helped that the cadets were AMAZING! They were dancing and entertaining the guests the whole time! Thank you beyond words for truly making me 150% satisfied!!!!!! We LOVE YOU!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The support that we received from Brendan while planning our wedding was absolutely amazing. Without the guidance and professionalism, our wedding would not have turned out as amazing as it did. I cannot write enough good things about Brendan and his staff. It was as if we received a wedding planner with our package. The facilities were absolutely beautiful and to this day people are still telling us how amazing our wedding was. If you are considering going with this venue, at a minimum give them a call and meet with them and I assure you that you will be blown away with their services.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Anthony
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brendan and Jessica were amazing - friendly, easy to communicate with and effective. They made everything I wanted happen without issue and took care of every detail on the day of. The reception at Eisenhower hall was beautiful. All my guests loved the food that was served. Cadets in uniform served the appetizers during our cocktail hour - a very nice touch. I was able to bring all my own alcohol which is something that I was very interested in. Their bartenders were great. The servers were excellent and professional. There were no extra fees for table wine service or cake cutting, etc like I had come across at other venues. We were extremely happy with our experience at VFMA.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such an amazing event. It went way better than I ever thought. It was our perfect wedding and a perfect day!! <3 My guests were very impressed with the whole event.

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding here was incredible! I'm so glad we found this venue to have our reception, we really could not have asked for a better place. The director of events, Brendan Davidson, was so easy to work with and made our day as easy and smooth as possible. The venue was big and gorgeous! We fit 150 people there with plenty of room to spare. I would definitely recommend Valley Forge Military Academy to anyone for any sort of events.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I held my wedding reception at VFMA's Mellon Hall on March 9 and would recommend it to any bride looking for a big venue with elegant flair! The campus was beautiful, the room is enormous and the staff could not have been more helpful. We wanted to bring in our own caterer and were able to do so in the space. Brendan is prompt and professional and willing to help with any detail. 5/5 for sure!

• Wedding: 03/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have chosen a better location for our ceremony and reception. The chapel is absolutely beautiful and Eisenhower hall was perfect for our cocktail hour and reception. I worked closely with Brendan Davidson throughout the whole planning process. To say he was wonderful is an understatement. He always went above and beyond in answering my questions and providing me with helpful hints. He made the planning process go so smoothly. Jessica was also wonderful to work with. It was evident that they take pride in their work. The whole day was flawless. The food was great and the service was excellent. My guests absolutely LOVED the cadets. Anyone who chooses VFMAC will be lucky to work with Brendan and Jessica!!! Thank you for making our day so special!

• Wedding: 12/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were looking for a nice venue with character for a wedding for 250+, and we were hoping to find somewhere that would allow us to bring in our own catering and alcohol. Valley Forge Military Academy (Mellon Hall) provided that and so much more! From our first contact, Brendan and Jessica went out of their way to be accommodating and to make the process easy. Our guests loved the venue, and it was the perfect place for a reception with a live band (the stage is raised, so it was perfect for the dancers and non-dancers alike). By bringing in our own alcohol and caterer, we saved thousands - and all of our guests raved. I would HIGHLY recommend VFMAC to anyone looking for a unique venue, with great staff and the flexibility to bring in your own caterer.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
Jen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is way overdue but better late than never to share my AMAZING experience with this venue. Brides - if you are looking for a unique, fun, flexible, and gorgeous venue... THIS is your place! We were originally attracted to VFMA because we were looking for a non-denominational chapel. We immediately fell in love with The Chapel of St. Cornelius the Centurion. The chapel is stunning and I felt like royalty walking down the isle. We also loved Eisenhower Hall and the idea of having a separate area for cocktail hour. The food was fantastic and we received so many compliments from our guests. EVERYTHING exceeded our expectations... but I have to admit, what is most memorable to me is the level of support we received from Brendan and Jessica. They were so unbelievably generous and helpful and as a bride stressing out over every little detail, the experience was so much more enjoyable knowing that they were there for me 100%. As an example- our cousin used a walker and we were talking about options to rent a wheelchair for the day of the wedding to make it easier for her to get around campus. Within five minutes Brendan was on the phone with the campus health center and reserved a wheelchair for us so it would be waiting for her at the chapel the morning of the wedding. I was completely blown away by his gesture because it is very rare to find a wedding venue that would be so willing to offer that kind of assistance. Brendan and Jessica took care of all of our needs and to this day everyone still raves about our wedding. It was hands down the best day of my life and I owe so much of it to the venue and to Brendan and Jessica. By the end of the night the cadets had joined in on the dancing and even started a conga line... even our grumpy old neighbors were out on the dance floor! We had so much fun and I wish I could relive the experience every single day! I highly recommend this venue- you won't regret it!! - Heather W.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent and elegant place to have a wedding... beautiful structure and grounds!. The chapel and reception hall were a stone throw away from each other which was ideal for our large crowd to avoid delays in traveling from ceremony to reception venue.
The staff was very helpful throughout our process.
Our guests absolutely loved the venue! (chapel and reception hall)
The mellon hall was perfect for our reception because we wanted to use our own caterer which was allowed with mellon hall.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
Chidinma
610-989-1509
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards