Unique Cakes

Value
Flexibility
Carlos
06/06/2015

Marilyn was awesome and truly helped get us the cake we wanted. I'm very indecisive and Marilyn took the time to show us all options even options we hadn't thought of ourselves. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

Stephanie
05/24/2015

This cake was more than I could have dreamed of, actually she did dream it up for me. I really had a small idea of what I wanted but she always made me feel like she knew what that was and how to make it perfect! It went with my theme, and so many people commented on how great it tasted! We have even used her for other cakes. We had one made with the same flavors as wedding cake for out 1 year anniv. of buying our home because we couldn't wait till wedding to have it again. Beautiful work and would come back again for other events

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was by far the best cake I've ever had. She was one of the best vendors we hired and we were looking forward to the cake during the entire planning process. We went with pistachio and an amaretti buttercream for half the layers and a white velvet cake with raspberry filling for the other half. Everyone loved it! The pistachio was our favorite and we can't wait to get the complimentary anniversary tier! Absolutely amazing. They made the cake tasting very personal and took the photos of cake design ideas I sent and made my vision come true even better than I could have imagined. Thank you!!!

Jane
05/09/2015

We were very pleased with Unique Cakes. They were professional, easy to work with and the wedding cake they provided was delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I highly reccomend unique cakes. Marilyn did an absolutely wonderful job on my wedding cake and it was to die for delious! A Big hit at the wedding im still hereing people comment about it. Marilyn takes the time to make your cake perfect. When we sat down at the cake tasting and went over how i wanted the cake to look i knew it was going to look great but the day of the wedding when i finally saw the cake it was even better than i imagined. Im so thankful for such a beautiful cake it just completed my perfect day. Marilyn takes care of everything so you dont have to stress about the cake. I cant wait to get our anniversary cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The best wedding cake we tasted, it was still delicious 2 days later.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was a hit! I had overwhelmingly positive feedback on how delicious it was. Not only did it taste good, but it looked amazing. Thanks to Marilyn and her husband, my cake turned out exactly how I had hoped. I absolutely recommend Unique Cakes for your next special occasion!

Alexandra
10/17/2014

Working with Marilyn at Unique Cakes was an absolute pleasure. Marilyn is so incredibly talented. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and it was better than I could have expected! Not only was the cake gorgeous, it tasted so fresh and everyone was raving about it!

The entire process was so fun and the customer service she provided was very personal. We where invited for the tasting you can see her amazing work, experience several tasting options, and they even photograph the tasting experience which is very special. We invited my parents and it was so fun to include them. She brought the cake to venue on the day of and placed is beautifully. After the wedding, you have an option to have a "anniversary" tier so you get a fresh small cake, just like the one on your wedding day, a year later. I think that is such a nice touch especially since we already ate the top :)

She is incredibly talented and while we didn't have a "grooms cake", I`m sure it would have been spectacular. The work she has on display was so detailed.

We had such a great experience with Marilyn and I would recommend her to anyone who is planning an event that requires a beautiful and delicious cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Unique Cakes did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. The cakes Marilyn makes are so moist and delicious and they look amazing! I would highly recommend her for any event. Thank you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Marilyn was an incredible find. I showed her a picture of the cake I wanted from Pinterest and she replicated it perfectly (plus it was ridiculously good!!). Her prices were reasonable and she was extremely professional and easy to get in touch with. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Elizabeth
09/06/2014

Marilyn and Joe are extraordinary. From our tasting, to the design, to our event, we were so impressed and happy :)

Heather
06/29/2014

Amazing. Unique Cakes as a business is absolutely top notch. Marilyn and her husband together create a magnificent team dedicated to their customer's needs. From the elegantly put together tasting event to the final creation, I would recommend Unique Cakes to anyone and everyone. In fact I did at my wedding! Not only did our cakes look exactly the way we had wanted but they were by far the most delicious cakes we have tasted! Everyone at our wedding was asking who made the cakes because they were the most delicious things they'd ever eaten. All in all, professional, high quality service and product...I will always use Marilyn for my special events!

Private User
1+ year ago

Marilyn created a beautiful cake for our wedding! I absolutely loved the taste and design of the cake, and Marilyn was wonderful to work with - detailed and responsive. I wasn't sure what I wanted as the cake topper, so she designed this beautiful cursive monogram cake topper out of solid sugar. Plus, she made the best cake I've ever had! Our guests ate every last crumb of it. And the cake tasting experience was divine - so many delicious flavors, rich and creative. Thanks for everything, Marilyn!

Private User
1+ year ago

Unique Cakes was truly amazing and made our cake not only breath takingly gorgeous but also was the best cake I have ever tasted! So many times wedding cakes have the design and display but fall short of being even average in taste. I recommend their services for any event! Their cakes are just as their titled, unique and delicious!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Probably the best wedding cake I've ever had HANDS DOWN! The most impressive part about Marilyn was that she broke her ribs 5 days before our wedding and instead of telling us we had to find someone else, she made the most amazing groom's cake and wedding cake! I cannot thank her enough for pulling through for us!

We found Marilyn at a bridal show at Morais Vineyards (where we got married) and were really impressed by the samples she had, particularly the pistachio cake, so we scheduled a tasting with her. The tasting was very nice. She let us select 3 types of cake and 3 types of frosting/filling. Instead of putting the cakes together so we could only try 3 cakes, she served the cake and the frosting separately so we could mix and match to figure out what we liked. We tried the chocolate, white velvet, and pound cake. She was very flexible with the flavors and allowed us to select 3 different flavor combinations for our cake. We ended up going with pistachio with vanilla buttercreme, white velvet with strawberry frosting, and white velvet with chocolate frosting. During the tasting, she also took pictures and gave us a disc of the photos when we picked up the cake. She can also execute about any cake you show her. I showed her a picture from pinterest and our cake turned out beautifully! My favorite part about Unique Cakes was that they give you a coupon for an anniversary tier one year later so you don't have to freeze your top tier, which I always thought was a bit gross because of the bacteria that builds up on a 1 year old cake.

I loved her cake so much, I also ended up ordering the groom's cake from her. I got a chocolate cake with a sugar picture of Megatron printed on top (my husband's last name is Tran and he likes to refer to himself as Megatran). It was absolutely delicious and looked awesome! I would highly recommend Unique Cakes by Marilyn to anyone for any event!

Robert
05/10/2014

My husband is a fire fighter and I wanted a special cake topper that was hand made by Unique Cakes from a picture that we had provided. The presentation of the cake was amazing, and we had nothing but positive compliments from the guest for the looks and the taste of the cake. The genuine service that was provided from Unique Cakes from the first initial contact through the day of the wedding was 100% customer service, I would highly recommend their services and the only regret I have is not asking for them to leave business cards for our guest to have their info.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake