Unique Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The best wedding cake we tasted, it was still delicious 2 days later.

Alexandra
10/17/2014

Working with Marilyn at Unique Cakes was an absolute pleasure. Marilyn is so incredibly talented. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and it was better than I could have expected! Not only was the cake gorgeous, it tasted so fresh and everyone was raving about it!

The entire process was so fun and the customer service she provided was very personal. We where invited for the tasting you can see her amazing work, experience several tasting options, and they even photograph the tasting experience which is very special. We invited my parents and it was so fun to include them. She brought the cake to venue on the day of and placed is beautifully. After the wedding, you have an option to have a "anniversary" tier so you get a fresh small cake, just like the one on your wedding day, a year later. I think that is such a nice touch especially since we already ate the top :)

She is incredibly talented and while we didn't have a "grooms cake", I`m sure it would have been spectacular. The work she has on display was so detailed.

We had such a great experience with Marilyn and I would recommend her to anyone who is planning an event that requires a beautiful and delicious cake!

Heather
06/29/2014

Amazing. Unique Cakes as a business is absolutely top notch. Marilyn and her husband together create a magnificent team dedicated to their customer's needs. From the elegantly put together tasting event to the final creation, I would recommend Unique Cakes to anyone and everyone. In fact I did at my wedding! Not only did our cakes look exactly the way we had wanted but they were by far the most delicious cakes we have tasted! Everyone at our wedding was asking who made the cakes because they were the most delicious things they'd ever eaten. All in all, professional, high quality service and product...I will always use Marilyn for my special events!

Recently Married

Marilyn created a beautiful cake for our wedding! I absolutely loved the taste and design of the cake, and Marilyn was wonderful to work with - detailed and responsive. I wasn't sure what I wanted as the cake topper, so she designed this beautiful cursive monogram cake topper out of solid sugar. Plus, she made the best cake I've ever had! Our guests ate every last crumb of it. And the cake tasting experience was divine - so many delicious flavors, rich and creative. Thanks for everything, Marilyn!

Recently Married

Unique Cakes was truly amazing and made our cake not only breath takingly gorgeous but also was the best cake I have ever tasted! So many times wedding cakes have the design and display but fall short of being even average in taste. I recommend their services for any event! Their cakes are just as their titled, unique and delicious!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Probably the best wedding cake I've ever had HANDS DOWN! The most impressive part about Marilyn was that she broke her ribs 5 days before our wedding and instead of telling us we had to find someone else, she made the most amazing groom's cake and wedding cake! I cannot thank her enough for pulling through for us!

We found Marilyn at a bridal show at Morais Vineyards (where we got married) and were really impressed by the samples she had, particularly the pistachio cake, so we scheduled a tasting with her. The tasting was very nice. She let us select 3 types of cake and 3 types of frosting/filling. Instead of putting the cakes together so we could only try 3 cakes, she served the cake and the frosting separately so we could mix and match to figure out what we liked. We tried the chocolate, white velvet, and pound cake. She was very flexible with the flavors and allowed us to select 3 different flavor combinations for our cake. We ended up going with pistachio with vanilla buttercreme, white velvet with strawberry frosting, and white velvet with chocolate frosting. During the tasting, she also took pictures and gave us a disc of the photos when we picked up the cake. She can also execute about any cake you show her. I showed her a picture from pinterest and our cake turned out beautifully! My favorite part about Unique Cakes was that they give you a coupon for an anniversary tier one year later so you don't have to freeze your top tier, which I always thought was a bit gross because of the bacteria that builds up on a 1 year old cake.

I loved her cake so much, I also ended up ordering the groom's cake from her. I got a chocolate cake with a sugar picture of Megatron printed on top (my husband's last name is Tran and he likes to refer to himself as Megatran). It was absolutely delicious and looked awesome! I would highly recommend Unique Cakes by Marilyn to anyone for any event!

Robert
05/10/2014

My husband is a fire fighter and I wanted a special cake topper that was hand made by Unique Cakes from a picture that we had provided. The presentation of the cake was amazing, and we had nothing but positive compliments from the guest for the looks and the taste of the cake. The genuine service that was provided from Unique Cakes from the first initial contact through the day of the wedding was 100% customer service, I would highly recommend their services and the only regret I have is not asking for them to leave business cards for our guest to have their info.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Could not be happier!

We used Unique Cakes for our wedding cake for 160 guests. It was custom made to our design and we couldn't have been happier! it was NOT an easy design either and they did a fantastic job.

Marilyn and her husband work as a team and were great from the day we went for the tasting to the day they delivered it to our wedding venue! e mails were replied to instantly, any amendments etc were accepted without any problems, really was a pleasure to deal with them. Just wish i could have more events so we can have more!

All of our guests commented that the cake tasted great, we brought some back with us to the house after the wedding and we were going to put it in the freezer however it didn't last long enough!!

Would not hesitate at using them again.

Victoria
04/26/2014

Marilyn. Is. Amazing. And her cake equally so! I have never had cake that tasted and looked so good. My father has been in the wedding business for 30+ years, and has tasted hundreds, if not thousands, of wedding cakes and he thought that by far Marilyn's was the best. She was easy to work with, responded quickly to emails, and overall provided a wonderful experience! I would recommend her to anyone. We're still enjoying some of the leftovers and savoring every bit. Thank you Marilyn, for making our day that much more special!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Marilyn makes amazing cakes. I am extremely picky about cakes and desserts. My mom has always made all my cakes. My husband and I went to the tasting and were very impressed. The cake was sooo delicious. We could not decide on a flavor, so we made each tier a different flavor. Marilyn was happy to do that at no extra charge. My wedding guests loved the cake. Several people ate multiple pieces! Marilyn and her husband make a great team. I would eat her cake everyday if I could.

1+ year ago

Unique Cakes is amazing! It's been about 2.5 weeks since the wedding and everyone is STILL raving about how delicious the cakes were!! You definitely deserve 5+ stars and we will be recommending you to all our friends for sure!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Marilyn is very talented. I had two cakes one being a grooms cake which I told her my vision and she made it come alive. my wedding cake was also beautiful. that was just the outside. The cake was amazing. I still get complments on my cake two months after my wedding people tell me that my wedding cake was the best cake they have ever had. She was sweet and very kind and fun to work with and as a bride she didnt make me worry about a thing and it was one less stress off my plate. 5 starts from cake tasting to wedding day no one will ever do any of my cakes from now on but her.

Jessica
06/15/2013

We have used Unique Cakes for several occasions and they have never let us down! Very professional and the cake is ALWAYS delicious!

Myndie
05/18/2013

My wedding cake by Unique Cakes was beautiful. The cake was perfect in every aspect, from the design to the taste. My guests talked about the cake for days ! My husband and I are so very happy our wedding day would not have been complete with out this amazing cake by Unique Cakes !

Sarah
04/13/2013

Delicious! Creative, helpful and professional. Such nice people to work with! Endless compliments on our cake, taste and appearance!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Unique Cakes provided the PERFECT cake for our wedding. Not only was the cake gorgeous, but it was the best cake we've ever had! We got to have our own cake tasting, and it was almost impossible to choose a flavor. If you're looking for a perfect cake for any occasion, use Unique Cakes!