Twenty Mile House

Value
Flexibility
Morgan
05/12/2015

I could go on and on gushing over this beautiful venue and their incredible staff, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Twenty Mile House's property is beautiful and offers a variety of ceremony locations. We had ours in the "forest" which was a perfectly serene setting for my husband and I. Ashley was incredibly accommodating--just a few examples: 1. It was predicted to rain and Ashley checked the weather by each hour just to make sure they didn't need to execute our back up plan! She kept me informed and even though it did rain that morning, it was over before everything began. Her and Kevin also brought out heaters to keep our guests comfortable since the rain cooled everything down a bit! 2. We traveled from Detroit, MI to have our wedding here which meant that all of our friends and family had to travel across the country. My husband's mother's flight was delayed multiple times and we worried she wouldn't make it. Ashley called the airport and left messages for return calls in order to help us coordinate another flight for her!

I know I said I'd keep it short, but truly our wedding was a magical day and it wouldn't have been executed nearly as flawlessly without the help of Ashley and Kevin (and their staff!) Not only is the venue beautiful, but so are the people you'll work with. If you aren't sure where to book your wedding and are considering Northern California (or even if you haven't though of North. CA), please reach out and get more information from TMH.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Kimberly
05/17/2014

The Twenty Mile House provided my husband and I with the wedding of our dreams at an amazing price! This venue gave us the stress-free experience of an all-inclusive wedding (imagine having your entire wedding planned in one weekend!), while still allowing us to customize our wedding to make it uniquely "us". For example, the girls had a group yoga session on the lawn the morning of our wedding, while the boys played in a wiffle ball tournament on the other end of the property- it was pretty awesome. Our caterers, Pangea, provided a delicious, locally grown and organic meal at our reception (no rubber chicken here). We liked Pangea so much we also had them cater our rehearsal dinner, and in return they threw in late night snacks and homemade scones for breakfast- these snacks really come in handy when you have all your friends staying on the property and drinking large volumes of alcohol : ) Gwen, the on-site coordinator was absolutely amazing and made the entire property look like something out of a fairytale- while incorporating all of the DIY decorations I had brought from home. I cannot tell you how many compliments we got (and continue to get) from our guests regarding the cake, cupcakes, dinner, staff, property, etc. Overall- I would recommend this venue to everyone and anyone who wants to have the weekend wedding of their dreams!

Cindy
10/12/2013

We had a beautiful great day! Everything went smoothly and all our guests raved about the facility and the day.

Private User
1+ year ago

The Twenty Mile House exceeded our dreams and hopes. It is a beautiful setting, with super friendly and helpful staff and all at a good price. TMH is in our hearts forever!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Private User
2+ years ago

This was just a dream venue for my husband and I! All our family and friends were convinced it was the best wedding they had ever been to! We had a rehearsal dinner the evening before and a brunch the morning after, and Kevin and the Twenty Mile House staff made it so easy to coordinate everything and work with the vendors. All the vendors they recommended were small local businesses with a commitment to sustainability and quality, and we were very pleased by their performance. My friends and family loved having rooms at the Twenty Mile House to stay in, too. The property is just fabulous from every angle.

Amelia
07/15/2013

Words cannot do justice to the truly amazing experience that my partner and I had at The Twenty Mile House. My friends and family are still raving about our wedding. The venue alone is just magical and breathtaking. However, Callie and I were both deeply moved by the openness and flexibility of the staff. Kevin was thrilled to have us as the first legal same-sex marriage at the venue. His staff was so kind and met our unique ceremony layout and needs with ease. I would absolutely recommend The Twenty Mile House for any special occasion or for a quiet little get-away.

Samantha
07/13/2013

I had my wedding at The Twenty Mile House in July of 2013. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They fulfilled all of our requests. The food and lodging was incredible. My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding. The entire property was beautiful and everything went very smooth the day of. It was amazing.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Looking for the perfect venue? Stop looking and book Twenty Mile House!
My husband and I booked sight unseen and haven't looked back since.

Things that were amazing:
-Remote location that really brought our guests together
-Ability for wedding party and close friends to stay on the property for the entire weekend - No driving!
-Option to host rehearsal dinner on property (cutting down cost of going out to dinner and providing amazing atmosphere)
-Option to hold ceremony by river, in forest, or in front of house on lawn
-So many things included (rentals, set-up, break down, DJ, flowers, cake, catering, bartender...) making decisions and stress a lot less.

Little added bonuses:
-Ability to have hair and makeup done on property (no worrying about timelines or driving)
-Super short walk down to private river access - beautiful place for guests to wander off to and chat
-Trains go by, like RIGHT by the location! Some may say this is a strange plus, but all our guests and my husband LOVED it and cheered when one went by
-Fire pit area that was a popular break from the dance floor
-Ability to bring your own alcohol. We brought home-brew, but besides this, the alcohol budget went WAY DOWN as we shopped around for deals on wine and liquor instead of having to pay per person per hour!
-Full kitchens available for whipping up those in between meals (we had potluck style responsibilities for guests staying with us for the entire weekend which cut down costs for everyone and allowed for stress free breakfasts and snacks)

Things that topped the cake:
-AMAZING day of staff that anticipated our needs and were so kind to all our guests!
-Private yoga session on outdoor patio for friends and family the morning of the wedding (Emily from Trails Within was amazing)
-Live band with square dancing caller for rehearsal dinner - really fun for breaking the ice!
-Photography by Monique - amazing team to work with that brought a low-stress excitement to the ceremony

Sara
09/02/2012

The Twenty Mile House is a beautiful place to get married. From our ceremony in the woods, to the fabulous dinner in the most inviting and intimate back lawn/patio, to dancing under the stars- our wedding in the mountains was absolutely awesome. We cannot imagine a place that could more naturally provide an atmosphere of celebration, love, community, and fun- a perfect way to kick off our marriage. In addition to it being an unimaginably special setting, the ease of having high quality vendors already vetted and available to us was a major plus. The flowers, cakes, food and the people behind them really stood out. We also hired a band from Truckee, Forget the Roses, who were incredible and got everyone out on the dance floor for such a fun party. Finally, Kevin and Karen and their staff were very flexible, kind, helpful and willing to work hard to make our vision a reality. Countless guests said it was the best wedding they have been to, it certainly is true for us! We cannot thank the Twenty Mile House and their extended crew enough!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about Kevin and Suzi! They made everything so wonderful and made sure everything flowed and happened when it should! I was thrilled at how everything came together so smoothly and made for a stress free day! The grounds were beautiful and was everything we hoped it would be!

Molly
08/12/2012

This is a great place to get married. The laocation is beautiful and takes minamal decorations or non at all depending on what you want. Kevin is very flexible and works hard to make all the weddings so special. It was a dream coming true for me.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Molly
08/12/2012

This was the perfect location for my husband and I, we love the outdoors and the property at the Twenty Mile House was absolutely beautiful. Kevin was great to work with and made every wedding special.

Ashley
08/01/2012

The Twenty Mile House helped to give my husband and I what was truly the perfect wedding for us. Booking our wedding with them was one of the best choices that we made when planning, and their all-inclusive services meant that we were able to easily plan our wedding from across the country. The house itself is incredibly beautiful - almost no decorations necessary - and the grounds were the perfect place to have our ceremony and celebrate at the reception. The Twenty Mile House's affiliated vendors were all terrific, and really helped to make our day easy and beautiful. Our families were thrilled with our venue choice, and we were all glad to be able to stay an extra day after the wedding to bask in the afterglow of it all, and enjoy some family time on the beautiful grounds. Truly, our wedding day couldn't have been better, and we are so grateful to the Twenty Mile House for all of their help and guidance through the process of planning our wedding, and for what they delivered in the end: the most perfect day.

Kirsten
07/28/2012

The Twenty Mile House is the wedding venue you always dreamed of as a little girl (not exaggerating). The privacy and seclusion makes it seem like the world stands still just for your special day. It was so nice to have our immediate family onsite in the cabins and main house. Our wedding was smaller than most so we had the ceremony on the side of the house and then directly after did a photo of a group toast in the large grass area. The staff/vendors do their absolute best to make sure that your every want and desire is achieved while still making you feel special amongst the many brides that they see. The event planner Susie is fun to work with, honest (a plus) and makes sure all the bases are covered. They even had helpful worksheets to keep my thoughts organized and my vision clear. My family and friends could not stop saying what a great time they had. My husband and I were very thankful to have this important day in such a unique and beautiful location. Thanks Susie and Kevin!!

Rick
07/24/2012

We had our wedding at the Twenty Mile House in July of 2012. Kevin and his team were exceptional. The location is absolutely incredible, and everyone is there to help. The price of the Sunday wedding was very reasonable. I could not have asked for more. I was able to have my dream wedding within a budget that worked for us. I can't thank the Twenty Mile House enough.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is an all inclusive wedding location set in the beautiful town of Quincy, CA. The property is next to the Feather River and is completely private and extremely tranquil. The Twenty Mile House provided excellent service and hospitality, I couldn't have picked a better wedding location. I encourage anyone to check this property out.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning