True Event

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Sarah was simply the best! She worked with my daughter planning her wedding by supplying her with recommendations of the most talented vendors in CT. She helped to take the stress and uncertainties in planning a wedding out of the equation. She helped organize, creating a time-line for the day, communicated with all of the vendors to make sure that they did exactly as they were contracted to do. She took control and helped to ease the expected anxieties that come with planning a wedding. She was simply the best. Caitlyn, also with True Event, was excellent, as well!!

Recently Married

Caitlin from True Event helped me plan my 160 person wedding in a relatively short amount of time (6 months). She assisted every step of the way - everything from event design and coordination, to vendor referrals, to welcome bags, to transport. Day-of, Caitlin made sure things ran so smoothly that I did not waste a single second worrying about anything other than savoring every moment. It is because of her that my husband and I have so many happy, carefree memories of our special day.

More than that, Caitlin was an absolute joy to work with - responsive, organized, thoughtful, honest and sweet as can be. I honestly could not have pulled everything together without her input, guidance and hard work! Thank you Caitlin & True Event!

Recently Married

Sarah True and her assistant Caitlin Campbell were both so calm, upbeat and unflappable in their work before and during my daughter's wedding - which took place on a holiday weekend, had mutiple events taking place over three days, and entailed guests traveling from eight different countries and thirteen different states. My daughter and her fiance had lots of ideas about what they wanted - but no concept of how difficult or costly implementing these ideas would be. Sarah and Caitlin worked with them to help determine what was really important to them and what were merely "wouldn't it be fun" ideas. The end result was a wedding like none of our guests had ever before experienced . A month later I'm still hearing that it was the "best wedding ever" Most importantly the bride and groom were thrilled!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I loved working with True Event. Sarah and Caitlin made my entire experience a dream come true and they were so sweet along the way. From helping with vendor suggestions (hair, makeup, flowers, supplies) to really listening to what I was thinking and getting the concept nailed down, they were awesome. Would love to work with this crew again some day!

xo

Cheryl F
08/16/2014

Sarah True of True Event, along with Caitlin Campbell were truly dreams throughout the process of planning, preparing for and executing the day of my daughters wedding. They were so kind with every question I had, and took our lead, just adding that little touch that made it a bit more polished.
I would work with True Event any time I needed an event organized or planned, and I would recommend them to anyone with full confidence.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I just sat and watched Alexandra and Mark's wedding from this past Summer, It brought back such wonderful memories. Not just of the day, but of the months and weeks before the wedding.
Sarah and Caitlin helped us plan a wedding that was suddenly going to be taking place at our home when the venue we secured, suddenly closed. They took such good care of us, working with what we had already planned and added touches we needed having at home.
This wedding was magical, and I have True Event to thank for so much of that
They took such good care of us, and we didn't have to worry about a thing.
I would call True Event for any special event I had to plan.

Mimi
07/19/2014

I cannot say enough about Sarah True and her team. They are consummate professionals, calm under pressure, always on top of whatever needs to be addressed, and just really nice people. We made the best choice of our lives by hiring them to work on the wedding and I recommend them unequivocally!!!! Love you guys!

Recently Married

Sarah was exactly the anchor I needed to make my wedding a reality. I had been engaged at that point for over a year, I had too many ideas floating around in my head and no idea where to start. By the day of the wedding I knew we were meant to be brought together. Her spirit helped glide me through the day. She has a real gift to hear you, what you really need, and help find you your center on what can be a really confusing, chaotic, emotional, amazing event.

1+ year ago

Our Boston winter wedding was a beautiful event thanks to Sarah and her team! We couldn't have done it without them. From helping with the overall design to corresponding with vendors, the True Event staff was professional, friendly, and creative. We recommend them without hesitation!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Caitlin from True Events was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. She is super friendly, sweet, diligent and eased any planning jitters I had. She had amazing vendor suggestions and was very meticulous about communicating information between them.

The event was more beautiful than I could have imagined, and I was able to fully enjoy it knowing that Caitlin would be there to coordinate all the details and handle any last minute surprises. She was a true pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her for your upcoming event!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Sarah and Caitlin were so wonderful to work with. These two always had a huge smile on their faces and were very helpful in the planning process.

I had a lot of ideas and "visions" that Sarah helped me execute into my perfect "imperfect" wedding. My wedding theme was: "New England Rustic meets Balinese Clambake via Brooklyn Chic with a touch of Gatsby"- and they totally made it work!

They introduced me to amazing vendors for my invitations, rentals, and flowers and I could not have done this without them.

They also made my actual wedding day completely stress free. I had always known I needed a day-of coordinator to ensure I wasn't freaking out during the day- and they absolutely came through for me. The day flowed perfectly and effortlessly without a worry. They were professional and everyone who met them loved them too. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

When I think of Sarah True and True Event, words cannot adequately describe how pleased my husband and I were with her level of service. I lived in TN, my fiance in NYC and Sarah was in CT the entire planning process, and it was completely smooth! We planned our wedding at the Chanler in Newport, RI in just two months. When I called Sarah to ask if she thought we could do this in that amount of time and with both of us out of state, she calmly assured us we could. She completely delivered and the wedding was completely what we wanted our day to be. I was completely relaxed the entire day knowing Sarah had all our bases covered. It was a bridal day come true. She also executed our theme and ideas flawlessly. Again, I cannot say enough good about True Event and Sarah True. She is a lovely person and a top notch professional!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I was referred to Sarah True early on in our wedding planning process by a friend whose wedding she had helped plan. From our first meeting I was blown away by Sarah's talent and over all calm demeanor. I had no idea what 'theme' we wanted and by simply talking a for a few minutes Sarah created a vision that was more beautiful than I had ever pictured our wedding could be - and it was exactly what we were looking for. What's even more impressive is that she took this vision and actually made it come to life! There were a couple times through out the planning process where I felt overwhelmed and Sarah was readily available to talk any concerns over and basically solved whatever I was worried about. Also at our wedding there were two 'surprise' guests that we had to find seating for and Sarah handled it seamlessly. Needless to say I am super happy to have worked with TRUE Event. Sarah is an incredible planner and the members of her team like Caitlin are wonderful to work with as well. For anything else that comes up in our lives that require event planning I will most definitely team up with TRUE Event again! :)

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I would highly recommend Sarah and her team for planning a wedding. I hired True event and did not know them other than their website and referrals. I liked the work true event had done in the past so decided to hire them for my wedding. My wedding was at a private residence in Rhode Island and it required building the ceremony and reception from scratch everything from the tent, ceremony, linens, flowers, etc surpassed my expectations. I explained the vision and style I wanted to Sarah and Caitlin and they were able to create an enchanting evening. All of the vendors True event suggested were fantastic especially Hanafloral and Leila Brewster. The guests were commenting on the quality of the flowers, food and drinks for months! Her work exceeded my expectations and I would recommend True event to anyone looking for a wedding planner. The quality of their work was exceptional and even my guests were asking for the planners contact info!!! Thank you True event!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I don't think I can convey in words how wonderful Sarah True and her team at TRUE Event is. My husband and I planned our wedding from a distance as we wanted to be married in the hometown of his family. Having had limited access to the area, I was at a loss for where to go or who to turn to. I was provided Sarah's contact information by the people at our reception venue. I will forever call the day I contacted Sarah as the day my dreams began to come true. As a girl, I had dreamed of my wedding day for years, but I could never actually create a vision for what it looked like. Sarah and her team were instrumental in creating a beautiful setting with the most perfect personal and intimate touches. She was also able to direct us to so many of our vendors who are all equally as wonderful as Sarah and everyone at TRUE Event. Were there any flaws at our wedding? If so...we would have never known! The day-of coordination was fabulous and the flow of events was absolute perfection! It was the best day of our lives as it should be, but we've also been told by our guests that it was a perfect day and that they loved our wedding more than their own! Now that is a compliment! I'm now trying to figure how I can come up with another event for TRUE Event to plan...6 month vow renewal anyone?? I would highly recommend Sarah and her team as your wedding planner. Not only will you have the most spectacular of weddings, but you'll make a few new friends in the process!

1+ year ago

I needed a part time event planner to help me execute my 2-day destination wedding and I couldn't have been happier with True Event. Sarah and Caitlin were a pleasure to work with and they were prompt and accessible while planning my wedding remotely. The weekend went off perfectly with their flawless execution and I wholeheartedly trusted them to do so.