Town Shop Bridal

3.7
Flexibility
3.6
4.3

Service was wonderful and the owner was great to work with. I was ordering a dress from her and I was from out of town and she went above and beyond to ship it to North Carolina so that I could get it tailored!! Great experience I would definitely recommend this business to work with in the future.

Recently Married

I had both good and bad experiences with the Town Shop. I must say that, the consultants definitely were able to tell exactly the style I was looking for. I wouldn't have even tried on my dress if it weren't for Debbie. She picked one out and made me try it on. I was convinced I wasn't going to like it and it ended up being the one! They gave me a really great deal on it for buying the one off the window mannequin which fit like a charm.

There were a couple of things that happened throughout that worried me a little and made me scared that they were very disorganized. I kept calling every few weeks to put more and more money down, and there were a couple times that they couldn't find my slips, and once that they had no record that I had bought a belt from them. Everything turned out ok though. The dress fit beautifully. The seamstresses were amazing. Everything there was very friendly. I will be going back to get my dress preserved.

Recently Married

This shop provided unbelievably great service, far beyond my expectations. I bought a "mother of the bride" dress here. They were extremely helpful, and the alterations were perfect. I cannot recommend them highly enough, from the selection to the owner to the helpful sales clerks and the seamstress, who was outstanding. Highly recommend. By the way, when I was there I saw a bride who was there for her final fitting and her dress was spectacular. She looked better than any bridal reality show I have seen.

0.0

Run. and if you cant run, triple check your measurements that they take with the dress manufacturers size chart online. Have them write your measurements down on your receipt and sign them. Don't listen to them that the "online version is wrong." Its not, they are. If you ignore these two pieces of advice, and your dress comes in wrong (which it will), take it somewhere else to be altered.

1.1

Awful experience! This was my first stop on searching for a dress for my wedding. My maid of honor and I wanted to kind of browse, get a feel for my dress, colors etc... he owner immediately went on a tirade about how I shouldn't be browsing and if we're there, we're serious about buying and was obnoxiously persistent that browsing was not acceptable!! Omg!! I was mortified! My sister and I talked with a lovely sales girl after that and were sat down where we reviewed hundreds of dresses on an I pad !! I guess that's acceptable browsing !! Lol, we got to see the dresses in bags !! But would have to make another appt for trying anything on. We reluctantly made the appt. We them left, went to davids bridal in middletown, ny and we're greater by a lovely staff of girls... so sweet and helped us in every way possible. They had no problem with our browsing!! I tried on 12 dresses and felt so comfortable there. The girls helped us with everything with kindness, understanding and honesty... I bought my dress! I guess I was serious about buying one ! I would not step foot in Town Shop Bridal again and I actually feel sorry for the nice girls that work there under that brash offensive owner... and I literally bought the dress for 1/4 the price, almost identical to the one I favored! David's Bridal Ty, much better of an experience !!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding dress here and so far have had an awesome experience. They have been more that helpful so far. I was a bit nervous when I saw some of the reviews, but I am so glad I took a chance. So far amazing. I will let you know how my fitting goes!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I've heard and seen a lot of mixed reviews, but my experience was wonderful!! The Town Shop was the first and only place I looked for my gown. From the moment I called to set up the appointment to look till my final fitting, everything was easy and professional. Debbie was my bridal consultant and once we went over what I was looking for she pulled one great dress after another. I felt like each one was better then the next. And the experience was amazing once I found my gown! I also did my bridal party dresses through the Town Shop and had a great experience as well. The fittings for my gown also went smoothly. I have no complaints and enjoyed my whole experience. They were so friendly and fun when I picked up my dress the day before the wedding! Debbie was even there to help me carry it out!

1.0

Pitiful. These people should be embarrassed to be called human beings. My wife and I have nothing good to express toward the Towne shop. The only reason I didn't go in there and complain was that my wife found a great dress that she really wanted and, I didn't want to upset her before our big day. There was only one decent girl that worked there and regretfully I didn't catch her name. Bottom line is...if you have the money, spend it somewhere else. Brides to be should be treated as if they were important. As if they were encouraged to enjoy every step of their wedding planning. Shame on the Towne shop.

Hrlygrl798
05/17/2015

This was one of the last stops on my dress shopping run, because it was a bit out of the way from where I live. By the time I had gotten to this store I had visited at least 10 other bridal shops and tried on nearly 80 gowns and still didn't find the one. I went here after deciding to pursue higher budget gowns and better designers and it was an excellent choice! I love that how when you purchase a wedding gown from them it includes all the alterations with the exception of the bustle! I raised my wedding gown budget $500 bucks and probably saved more just by making that decisions because of my my tiny size alterations would have cost me probably more than my gown had I have went with a more budget gown. But the quality of the gowns they carry and the designers are just top notch!

I haven't had really any issue with this place as of yet, they have always kept my appointments and typically are ready for me when it's time for a fitting. I've only had one minor hiccup here a crinoline was back ordered (though that is not their fault) and sometimes you do have to call back when they are looking into something for you, but that is natural when you have a very busy shop. Overall I thought that the staff has been very helpful and Maria whom helped me at my initial appointment hit the nail on the head on helping me figure out when was best for my body type and style personality, and I valued her honest opinion!

I will def return to them for any other gowns that I may need in the future!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding dress here the first day I was looking! Debbie helped me and Rosie made all of the alterations. They were perfect and the dress was beautiful. I would highly recommend this shop.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I said Yes to the dress at Town Shop Bridal in a snow storm in February and it was the best decision I made! I looked through all the books and tagged the dresses I liked best which was much easier than sifting through racks and racks of white dresses. After trying on all the ones I tagged, my dress consultant, Kim, picked out a dress that she thought I would love based on what I described. The picture in the book didn't do it justice and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. I tried it on and started to cry. It was the perfect princess dress to wear to my dream wedding and Town Shop was very flexible throughout the whole process. The seamstresses were great with my fittings and accommodating my work schedule in Manhattan and when my Mom was up visiting from North Carolina. They even added a custom sash/belt that I asked for using the extra tulle fabric from my dress. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for a dress in NY or NJ.

0.0

. I should have rethought things when I first overheard the owner questioning how many dresses I tried on (with an attitude- after just spending $2600+ on a dress). After ordering my dress I called back after about 7 months to try to get an estimate of when my dress would be in. They refused to give me an answer... When I ordered a belt I called back prior to my fitting to just double check it was ordered (since they always seem to be in disarray and I live 6 hours away). The worker couldn't find the receipt and accused me of lying about it being ordered. Suddenly she found the receipt without so much as an apology (after accusing me of lying).
At each fitting, the owner would argue and fight with the seamstresses right in front of us. We asked if my belt could be sewn onto my dress... We were told yes. Then when the belt came in the seamstresses told us this was too time consuming and started to give US instructions on how to take the stitches off the belt. Insane.
At my SECOND fitting, they called me the night before as I'm driving 6 hours to tell me to come another weekend since they didn't have time to do any alterations. There was absolutely no apology from the worker and she basically told me it's just too bad. At my FOURTH and final fitting (count them four), I arrived and was told the dress isn't ready you can come back later. No apology whatsoever.
At this point it's 2 days before the wedding and at every fitting I've been given the same story... That they haven't had time. After clearly being upset the owner SCREAMED at us that if we hated the store so much then we could just take the dress and get out and get alterations done somewhere else (2 days before my wedding day). He told me to "get the look off my face". BEWARE brides... There is a reason the ratings are so low on this place! Borderline abusive and psychotic.

4.3

I dealt with Debbie as my dress consultant after going to 8 other stores to try on dresses. I'm a larger woman and many places do not carry or order dresses in sizes above 14 or 16. Debbie was fantastic and helped me find a number of dresses both in my size and attributing to my specifications of a dress (straps, not too much sparkle, no lace). She convinced me to take a chance on a dress I thought would look horrendous on my figure and it turned out to be stunning and the dress I eventually picked. She was encouraging and sweet and never made me feel like a "big girl" who shouldn't be getting married at my size. (Yes, this was vocalized at other stores.) The week my dress was supposed to be delivered, my husband and mother called the shop to see when the dress would be in. A great worker (don't know his name) not only tracked down exactly where the dress was but then called my mother, my husband AND myself to let us know its progress and encouraged us to call back if we wanted. My seamstress was Rosie and she was absolutely fantastic, a real pleasure to work with. It is great that the alterations are included (except the bustle), and everything was recorded on the receipt that was handed to me. Rosie took time on the day of my final fitting when we picked up the dress to show my maid of honor how to bustle the dress properly, which was a huge help come the day of the wedding.
These employees were fabulous and I loved working with them. I did have a few side-brushes with the owner, who is as brash and rude as the reviews say. He doesn't believe in "the customer is right" and does indeed talk back, and run the business like he's got the only place in town to get a dress. He will make slightly uncomfortable comments and can ruin a perfectly good shopping experience. It can be rolling the dice if you go shopping here. I'm lucky enough to end up with a great experience.

Recently Married

The Townshop found the perfect wedding dress and accessories, and they made sure it fit to a Tee.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went in looking for a veil for my dress that I purchased at another shop. The woman were extremely friendly and helpful, even though they were very busy. Carol even pulled my dress, that they also carried, so that we could compare the lace. She sold me the veil off the rack even though it was new and she did not have another to put out right away.

1+ year ago

My experience at the Town Shop was fantastic. Carol, my dress consultant, could not have been better. She was genuine, friendly, and helpful, and made me feel extremely comfortable. I knew the kind of dress I was looking for before I went in, and I found THE DRESS on my third try. I was a bit nervous about finding a dress since I needed to buy one off the rack and have it altered before I flew back to England, but the consultant assured me I could have it fitted and altered before going back, which was a huge relief. After finding the dress, the owner even informed me a brand new, smaller size was coming in at the end of the week and I could have that one. Even paying the deposit was stress free as I was able to put only a small amount down until I was able to pay the full amount. I highly recommend the Town Shop if you are looking for a gorgeous yet affordable dress with a quick, stress-free, and great experience.