Town Shop Bridal

Flexibility
3.5
[Private]
0.0

Run. and if you cant run, triple check your measurements that they take with the dress manufacturers size chart online. Have them write your measurements down on your receipt and sign them. Don't listen to them that the "online version is wrong." Its not, they are. If you ignore these two pieces of advice, and your dress comes in wrong (which it will), take it somewhere else to be altered.

1.1

Awful experience! This was my first stop on searching for a dress for my wedding. My maid of honor and I wanted to kind of browse, get a feel for my dress, colors etc... he owner immediately went on a tirade about how I shouldn't be browsing and if we're there, we're serious about buying and was obnoxiously persistent that browsing was not acceptable!! Omg!! I was mortified! My sister and I talked with a lovely sales girl after that and were sat down where we reviewed hundreds of dresses on an I pad !! I guess that's acceptable browsing !! Lol, we got to see the dresses in bags !! But would have to make another appt for trying anything on. We reluctantly made the appt. We them left, went to davids bridal in middletown, ny and we're greater by a lovely staff of girls... so sweet and helped us in every way possible. They had no problem with our browsing!! I tried on 12 dresses and felt so comfortable there. The girls helped us with everything with kindness, understanding and honesty... I bought my dress! I guess I was serious about buying one ! I would not step foot in Town Shop Bridal again and I actually feel sorry for the nice girls that work there under that brash offensive owner... and I literally bought the dress for 1/4 the price, almost identical to the one I favored! David's Bridal Ty, much better of an experience !!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding dress here and so far have had an awesome experience. They have been more that helpful so far. I was a bit nervous when I saw some of the reviews, but I am so glad I took a chance. So far amazing. I will let you know how my fitting goes!

Hrlygrl798
05/17/2015

This was one of the last stops on my dress shopping run, because it was a bit out of the way from where I live. By the time I had gotten to this store I had visited at least 10 other bridal shops and tried on nearly 80 gowns and still didn't find the one. I went here after deciding to pursue higher budget gowns and better designers and it was an excellent choice! I love that how when you purchase a wedding gown from them it includes all the alterations with the exception of the bustle! I raised my wedding gown budget $500 bucks and probably saved more just by making that decisions because of my my tiny size alterations would have cost me probably more than my gown had I have went with a more budget gown. But the quality of the gowns they carry and the designers are just top notch!

I haven't had really any issue with this place as of yet, they have always kept my appointments and typically are ready for me when it's time for a fitting. I've only had one minor hiccup here a crinoline was back ordered (though that is not their fault) and sometimes you do have to call back when they are looking into something for you, but that is natural when you have a very busy shop. Overall I thought that the staff has been very helpful and Maria whom helped me at my initial appointment hit the nail on the head on helping me figure out when was best for my body type and style personality, and I valued her honest opinion!

I will def return to them for any other gowns that I may need in the future!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding dress here the first day I was looking! Debbie helped me and Rosie made all of the alterations. They were perfect and the dress was beautiful. I would highly recommend this shop.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I said Yes to the dress at Town Shop Bridal in a snow storm in February and it was the best decision I made! I looked through all the books and tagged the dresses I liked best which was much easier than sifting through racks and racks of white dresses. After trying on all the ones I tagged, my dress consultant, Kim, picked out a dress that she thought I would love based on what I described. The picture in the book didn't do it justice and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. I tried it on and started to cry. It was the perfect princess dress to wear to my dream wedding and Town Shop was very flexible throughout the whole process. The seamstresses were great with my fittings and accommodating my work schedule in Manhattan and when my Mom was up visiting from North Carolina. They even added a custom sash/belt that I asked for using the extra tulle fabric from my dress. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for a dress in NY or NJ.

0.0

. I should have rethought things when I first overheard the owner questioning how many dresses I tried on (with an attitude- after just spending $2600+ on a dress). After ordering my dress I called back after about 7 months to try to get an estimate of when my dress would be in. They refused to give me an answer... When I ordered a belt I called back prior to my fitting to just double check it was ordered (since they always seem to be in disarray and I live 6 hours away). The worker couldn't find the receipt and accused me of lying about it being ordered. Suddenly she found the receipt without so much as an apology (after accusing me of lying).
At each fitting, the owner would argue and fight with the seamstresses right in front of us. We asked if my belt could be sewn onto my dress... We were told yes. Then when the belt came in the seamstresses told us this was too time consuming and started to give US instructions on how to take the stitches off the belt. Insane.
At my SECOND fitting, they called me the night before as I'm driving 6 hours to tell me to come another weekend since they didn't have time to do any alterations. There was absolutely no apology from the worker and she basically told me it's just too bad. At my FOURTH and final fitting (count them four), I arrived and was told the dress isn't ready you can come back later. No apology whatsoever.
At this point it's 2 days before the wedding and at every fitting I've been given the same story... That they haven't had time. After clearly being upset the owner SCREAMED at us that if we hated the store so much then we could just take the dress and get out and get alterations done somewhere else (2 days before my wedding day). He told me to "get the look off my face". BEWARE brides... There is a reason the ratings are so low on this place! Borderline abusive and psychotic.

Recently Married

The Townshop found the perfect wedding dress and accessories, and they made sure it fit to a Tee.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went in looking for a veil for my dress that I purchased at another shop. The woman were extremely friendly and helpful, even though they were very busy. Carol even pulled my dress, that they also carried, so that we could compare the lace. She sold me the veil off the rack even though it was new and she did not have another to put out right away.

Recently Married

My experience at the Town Shop was fantastic. Carol, my dress consultant, could not have been better. She was genuine, friendly, and helpful, and made me feel extremely comfortable. I knew the kind of dress I was looking for before I went in, and I found THE DRESS on my third try. I was a bit nervous about finding a dress since I needed to buy one off the rack and have it altered before I flew back to England, but the consultant assured me I could have it fitted and altered before going back, which was a huge relief. After finding the dress, the owner even informed me a brand new, smaller size was coming in at the end of the week and I could have that one. Even paying the deposit was stress free as I was able to put only a small amount down until I was able to pay the full amount. I highly recommend the Town Shop if you are looking for a gorgeous yet affordable dress with a quick, stress-free, and great experience.

0.0

Extremely rude and pompous. What a terrible atmosphere. They will disgust you with their filled up non-sense egos. Don't even bother calling--I was informed of their rudeness but had to see first hand i guess. What a waste of beautiful dresses accompanied by rude snobs.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The Town Shop in Poughkeepsie, N.Y 12601 at 2585 South Road and phone # is 845-471-1580 is amazing. Over the years I have uses them numerous occasions. Every time I going there the staffing is very attentive and go out of there way to make you happy. I am getting married this year and just order my dresses from them, which is being custom made and honestly can,t said enough good things about them.

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
MrsKPS
3.8

I got my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses here. Everything turned out perfect in the end. They are not super flexible and rushes aren't their specialty. Go in as early as possible for the best experience.

1+ year ago

My friends and I have shopped at the townshop for every prom since freshman year. The store has such great staff and wide variety that I would be willing to fly from wherever I choose to get married just to buy my dress there. Love this store!

4.7

Love This Place!!! Like walking into a fairyland! The assortment, the quality, the professional sales help! My girls and I shop there for all of our special occasions. The prom dresses are to die for!

0.0

I have dealt with them in the past, and had issues however my best friend is getting married and she wanted to go to them, so I wanted to make this easy and painless for her so I went. We got fitted for the dresses on May 5th, 2013. We all started asking the bride when the dresses would be in because if there is something wrong we need time. I got there today to pick mine up after getting a call this week (one month before the wedding) I paid the balance and left because when they fitted us in May I was told I was between a 16 and 18, they told me it was up to me on what size however I am not in the professional dress industry so asked the girl that measured me what she thought, she then turned to the owner Gary and asked him he said the 16 should be fine for me. So I went with it. Today I went to put it on and the back would not even zip up!!! I called them, they put Gary on the phone he obviously as I learned a 2nd time does not believe in the customer being right! He told me they did "nothing wrong" I said I do not care, I just need an 18, he proceeded to tell me because the wedding is in one month there is no time to order another size it will not be here in time. But come back have his seamstress look at it, and then I can have them fix this when I live an hour away. I said well if I do that I will be charged by then to do so, he laughed at me and said well of course you will be. Next I went to the alterations shop he did his measurements realized the dress is a 14 with a 16 label on it!!! Furthermore it was labeled a petite 16 when if anything the dress needed to be woman's. Gary was continuously oblivious to the idea they messed up and would not fix it. Now I have to pay another $125 to have the dress taken out and extra material put under the arms!! This establishment is a scam because they wait till last minute to get orders just so that they give the consumer no choice but to use them for everything!