Tower Grove Park

Sort By:

4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
It was a little hard to get them to return my call. The park is very beautiful and we were eventually able to book the site.
Wedding: 10/03/2015
4.8/5.0

Private User 2 Reviews
I am having my wedding/ceremony at The Piper Palm House outside in The Ruins area and the reception inside the Palm House. The staff has been very very nice and very responsive right away. The price for the ceremony, cocktail and reception you can't beat it! I've looked other places they're so expensive just for the ceremony or the staff was not very pleasant. I've so far had a great experience! The only thing I do wish you could pick your own caterer, but I've heard amazing things about Butler's Pantry. Also, my mother has a very strict diet plan due to a medical condition and Butler's Pantry is so kind to make her own food for the big day! I can't wait for my big day at the Palm House!
Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility:  5.0
$60 yea I said it....$60!!! This was a beautiful backdrop for our special day. Of course the weather played in our favor and gave us a 73 degree day with hardly a cloud in the sky. But truly remarkable and cheap for a piece of some real St. Louis history. Gorgeous!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
3.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I had my June 2012 wedding ceremony and reception at Tower Grove Park--the Piper Palm House--which is an historic greenhouse/botanical house that can fit ~130 guests (more with a tent on the patio). A great location, got so many compliments from guests and comments that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and that they enjoyed the fact that the ceremony and reception were in the same location.

While the venue can't be beat--it is gorgeous, old world, and very classy--I found contacting anyone representative of the PPH to be a little circuitous and difficult after signing the initial contract and paying the deposit. I would call every once in a while during the planning process with questions from the florist or just my own layout questions, and someone would finally get back to me 1-2 weeks later, but it definitely made me freak out a little that I couldn't get basic questions answered like layout, rules about decorations, etc. within a more reasonable time-frame. They may just be short-handed this this is a City park, but it could be a little disconcerting and I wondered at times if I still was on the reservation calendar.

Besides that, the venue was really amazing, we were able to arrange carriage rides which made for great pictures, and I have no complaints about the condition or appearance of the venue. The people in charge were just a little scarce.
Wedding: 06/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tower Grove Park Music stand is a beautiful area for a wedding ceremony- no extra decorating is needed. Park benches are already in front of the stand, so no chair rentals are necessary. The real park bathrooms are on the other side of the park, but there are working portable toilets right across the street from the stand (close enough for convenience, not so close that they smell). The parks staff was easy to work with and the rental fee was the cheapest place by far that we looked at.
Wedding: 07/09/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Had my wedding at the ruins in Tower Grove Park. Everyone was great to work with and the view is just gorgeous!
Wedding: 06/11/2011
3.2/5.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
We had our wedding ceremony at the Ruins last month followed by cocktails in the Piper Palm House and our reception under a tent on the pavilion in front of the Piper Palm House. Although Annette & her staff are GEMs to work with, there is a lot of red tape involving this venue. It's gorgeous - make no mistake - our pictures are priceless and we're very grateful. However, considering the costs involved to rent the Piper Palm House for the evening in addition to the cost of roping off the Ruins for a private ceremony (I never did see the ribbons which you'd think I would have considering the $1000 I paid to have them roped off... and I wouldn't have thought I'd see four other wedding parties around the Ruins, but that happened as well) ... It's a nice chunk of change and you haven't rented the tent yet or booked your caterer or the chairs for the ceremony. I can't blame Tower Grove Park for working with preferred vendors - Traube is wonderful, but expensive! And Butler's is overrated, I'm afraid. I simply wish they'd make it a little easier on the brides and grooms who spend $20K+ - there should be a selection of preferred vendors vs. being forced to use the ones they've partnered with.
Wedding: 10/17/2009
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
My husband and I had an outdoor wedding at the Music Stand in Tower Grove Park in late August 2009. We had cool (75 degree) and sunny day which made for a beautiful occasion. During this time of year the foliage is absolutely beautiful which makes a colorful photo backdrop. They definitely compliment our wedding colors of fuchsia /purple. We had a small wedding party of 8 excluding the bride/groom.

For our guest sitting, we used the park benches which we covered with white linen. The benches can accommodate up to 200 people, but BEWARE some of the benches are worn and may not be suitable for a heavy or elderly person. We just decided to move them to the back. But for a short wedding ceremony your guest may be able to bare it or stand it.

I found at times it was very challenging to get in contact with the office staff. Almost every occasion I called I got the answering service. For our wedding we used live singer and musicians which need to practice sound check, etc. The Music Stand pavilion is built with numerous electrical outlets. But to our dismay that evening, we found that the electrical outlets are not turned on. So, we couldn't use our amplifiers or microphones or music equipment. Because it was after business hours (around 6pm), we tried to contact the park ranger to find out why they weren't working. Only to find out, the power is only turned on the day of the wedding day.....something we were not informed of. This caused quite a bit of inconvenience and frustration for our wedding party. At least we had after dark lighting to work with.

When you book your event make sure you find out what other events will be happening that day. On the day of our wedding the park had several big events being hosted there which made parking was a headache for our guests because some park entrances we directly guests to use were blocked. So many of our guest ended up double parking or walking long distances. Additionally, I was concerned with sound from other the events if they would affect our wedding program...but it was no problem.

Despite some frustration and inconveniences, my husband and I had a beautiful wedding that many of our guests had never seen before.
Wedding: 08/29/2009
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
We were married in the Piper Palm House (had ceremony outside on patio and reception inside) and were very pleased with the outcome. I was concerned about inclement weather, but we lucked out and aside from being a tad warm, everything was excellent.

I loved the set up. After the ceremony, we had hors d'oeurves on the patio, with and outside bar. Guests were able to come and go and they pleased and sit outside. The reception inside was beautiful, and the layout was great.

We had 120 guests which honestly would be the most I would use for this location. Everyone was able to fit inside with this amount and still have some room to manouver.

Because the catering company was excellent and the service was excellent, I didn't have any challenges with the lack of flexibility there. However, if you want to choose your own caterer, this is not the place for you.
Wedding: 08/15/2009
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Our ceremony at the Music Stand at Tower Grove Park was absolutely gorgeous. The fee to use the pavillion was very reasonable, and park benches were provided which eliminated the cost of rentals. My only complaint is that we were not informed about a large festival in the park that took place the same day as our wedding. Parking was an absolute nightmare for my guests. The parking lot adjacent to the Music Stand was completely full, and guests had to park far away from the ceremony location. I should have been informed of the festival prior to booking.
Wedding: 06/27/2009
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
We had our ceremony at the Music Stand and the reception back inside and outside of the Palm House since we had almost 200 guests. Most of the issues we had were with the caterer and tent company but since they only allow you to use that one caterer and that one tent company I had to knock off a couple of stars. We booked a year and a half in advance and when it came time to decide a menu and book a tent of course both companies had a significant price increase. The only issue we had with the actual park was their grass cutting. They cut the grass the day before so when we went to do the rehearsal the night before there were grass clumps all over the aisle, on the benches, and just huge clumps everywhere you looked. My dad and a friend of his went back the next morning and it was not cleaned up so they ended up getting rakes and a blower and doing it themselves. Overall though we would do it all over again, Tower Grove is a beautiful place to get married!
Wedding: 06/13/2009
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The Palm House is a beautiful location for a wedding. I loved having the flexibility of having the ceremony outside or inside, in case of weather.
Wedding: 05/02/2008
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
We had our Wedding Reception at the Piper Palm House and it was beautiful! We had the ceremony and reception inside; our pictures were taken in the grassy/tree/pond area in front of the palm house. Seriously, the reception was just gorgeous with the palms and the windows and the brick building. It rained pretty hard later in the evening so we were glad to be indoors! The TGP staff were very helpful and friendly; the only drawback is that you are locked into a caterer; everyone loved the food but it was rather expensive and the caterer wasn't as helpful, etc. as the park staff!
Wedding: 09/07/2007
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used the music stand gazebo as a wedding site, and booked the horse drawn carriage. Everything was wonderful, the driver of the carriage was the nicest man, who was very professional and i have to say helped calm my nerves. entire process was easy. i of course booked a year in advance
Wedding: 06/09/2007
3.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
We were married at the Music Stand and then had the reception at the Piper Palm House. It was very nice but our run in with the rude caterers (Butlers Pantry) left a bad taste in our mouth as this was the only caterer they would allow. I hope that they have discontinued this contract. The other problem was that they wouldnt allow us to move their silly potted plants around the fountain in the middle of the room - as you all know, the flowers and decore you choose is very personal and to have some adobe potted plants in the main focus of the room was annoying but we worked over & around them to make it work. Other than that they were nice.
Wedding: 08/20/2005
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The price included rental of an entire park area, and unfortunately due to another vendor we ended up having our ceremony in a complete different location, which the coordinator fixed and went with the flow very smoothly. They also provided "private" signs to deter public.
Wedding: 08/06/2005
 314-771-2679
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire