Top Tier Wedding Cakes by Karen Alvarez

(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Karen did a fabulous job with our wedding cake! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her to discuss our ideas for the cake. Karen provided lots of helpful insight, quickly drew up a beautiful sketch of our 'dream' cake, and even provided us lots of samples to try!

All of our guests raved about the cake and how delicious it was. We had the amaretto and chocolate marble...both wonderful!

Her enthusiasm was contagious and we would definitely recommend her cakes!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great customer service! Very talented and exceeded my expectations! Beautiful cake!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They helped us by scheduling our tasting a few days before Christmas. Booking with them was no hassle at all confirmed the week of the wedding and the showed up on time with the cake exactly as we pictured it and it tasted great. All of our guests really loved it. Great company to work with

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely positively LOVED Cupcake Crazy. Our cake was beautiful and it tasted great! The baker made sure to help us decide on what we wanted for our cake and also how we wanted it to look. It was the Amaretto show cake that we got taste very good! The flowers that were added to my cake was beautiful and the display of the cake was beautiful as well!

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake and cupcakes we had at our wedding was one of our favorite parts! They were so delicious, and everyone could not stop talking about how amazing they were. We had a variety of flavors of cupcakes, and every one was incredible. We had a movie theme to our wedding, so Karen did amazing searching out designs and personalizing every cupcake to make it extra special for us. We can't wait to go get some more, she even has those amazing mini-cupcakes too!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cupcake Crazy did such an amazing job on our wedding cake! Everyone wants their wedding cake to be both beautiful AND tasty- Cupcake Crazy can make that happen! The owner was a pleasure to work with. She is extremely creative and sketched out our cake the first time we met her. She was very flexible and responsive, working with us to make changes along the way. The end result was exactly what we had envisioned. Thank you so much, would definitely recommend to any couple!!!!

• Wedding: 11/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and I went to a Bridal Show in Orlando, where we had a chance to meet Karen from Cupcake Crazy. She had samples available in a cake she calls her show cake, it was absolutely delicious. We were in a hunt for a cake for her up coming wedding. We had asked her if she delivered to St Augustine, and she said yes they could, but it would be at an additional charge from their normal delivery. So, we continued our search while in St Augustine for a place closer to do her cake. Tasted a few others up there, but never found one that we really liked as much as we did the one from Cupcake Crazy. So I went by their business, and they said they'd send samples to my daughter and her fiancé so that he could try it, since he wasn't at the show with us. Once the cake arrived to them in South Florida, he too was convinced that Cupcake Crazy should do their cake. I worked with Karen and my daughter through Face Time to sketch her cake and figure out colors and details without my daughter having to make any trips up here before the wedding to customize her cake. Absolutely loved working with Karen and NiNi from Cupcake Crazy to get my daughter a delicious, beautiful cake for her wedding. Everybody commented on this delicious cake and a few even asked for her information and said they would be using her in the future.

• Wedding: 10/24/2013
Terry
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Karen is the owner and is so nice and fun. She understood exactly what I wanted. I designed a wedding cake and a grooms cake. They were stunning. They were exactly what I wanted and tasted amazing. The flavors were outstanding. The Madagascar vanilla was so great, but lemon, red velvet, and funfetti were also delicious. I would recommend to future brides.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Karen Alvarez and her team did an amazing job with my dream cake. It was delicious and a stunning work of art!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We went to Cupcake Crazy and asked for a tiered cookie cake. Not many were up for this challenge, as no one had done anything quite like this before, but they didn't hesitate for one minute. In fact, they were very excited for this challenge and made us a unique cake that was both delicious and beautiful. We also got a regular cake, which was delicious, as well.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Karen Alvarez came highly recommended by a good friend who used to work in wedding planning. She did not disappoint! My husband and I had a picture of a dramatic cake that we loved. We took it to Karen as inspiration. It was made to feed double what we needed. Karen sat with us hand sketching, erasing and changing until it was perfect. My jaw dropped when I walked into our reception and saw it for the first time. It was perfect! Karen was able to create this amazing detailed design using butter cream icing too. It tasted just as good as it looked. Many of my guests commented on how amazing our cake was. Karen also bakes you a small cake for your 1 year anniversary, included with the price of your wedding cake. Then you don't have to worry about freezing cake for a year.

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just love this place! As soon as we walked in to taste the cake we knew it was the one! They welcomed my Husband and I with open arms. They made sure they did exactly what we wanted! They delivered our cake on time and it was soooo beautiful and it tasted amazing! I highly recommend them because you will not be disappointed! Thanks again Cupcake Crazy we really appreciate you! :-)

Top Tier Wedding Cakes by Karen Alvarez responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Samantha , i loved working with you guys as well , see you on your anniversary!!

• Wedding: 03/13/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cute was beautiful, Karen worked with me on my budget. There was just one little detail that was missed but overall a great company

• Wedding: 03/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Not only was my cake exactly what I asked for it was delicious!!! I had to contract Cupcake Crazy less than 30 days away from my wedding due to an unprofessional vendor cancelling a contract. I was in another state and they were quick to feel for my now rushed order and made time to meet with my mother to go over details. They executed my wants and the taste again was superb. When I came into town for the wedding Karen even gave me a tasting, lol!!! I have a dress to fit into I thought, lol!! She was on top of everything and I really could not have asked or a better cake vendor! I can't wait for our annivesary cake!!

• Wedding: 11/24/2012
Shawnda
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We purchased our cake and cupcakes for our wedding from Cupcake Crazy in Lake Mary. Karen was extremely helpful in coming up with a design for our big day. Me being a control freak, I was a little scared when the design on paper started to look different from the pictures I had brought in for examples but I am so thankful that I trusted her because it came out absolutely beautifully. The cake was exactly what I had wanted as were the cupcakes. They tasted so good too!!! I received so many compliments on the the cupcakes and cake, it was definitely one of my personal highlights=)

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was AMAZING!!! The service was outstanding and valuable. They were easy to work with eventhough we were planning the wedding from Virginia. We are looking forward on coming back next year to recieve our anniversary cake!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012