Timothy S. Hopkins Catering

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering

Sophisticated Tases, Local Ingredients

8 Scott's Way
Essex, MA 01929 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Spe...
Quality of Service:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tim and his team, especially Britt, were incredible to work with. My family and I met the group while visiting the Crane Estate's annual wedding vendor expo. We could tell right off the bat that Tim was so passionate about his food.

Once we decide to book TSH, Britt was our main point-person - and she was amazing. She was really knowledgeable about the food and had great suggestions to make our wedding appetizers and meals really well-rounded. She was always a trusted voice during our conversations.

The whole team prepared an incredible tasting for us - allowing us to taste all our appetizers, all of our main dishes, dessert and wine. Being in Tim's kitchen really solidified our excitement to work with the whole team.

And then the main event... My husband and I were married just over three weeks ago in Ipswich, MA. It happened to be the night of an epic summer thunderstorm. Halfway through cocktail hour, a huge bolt of lightening struck the Estate where our reception was being held and knocked out all the power. Rather than panic, Britt came right up to me assured me and my husband that they'd do everything they could to still make the evening a success - and they couldn't have pulled through any stronger!

Not only did they hand light the massive gas ovens/stoves in the kitchen, but by candlelight, they prepared the most amazing food. Our guests are still talking about how perfectly the filet was served. Everything was brought out on schedule and hot for our guests to enjoy. I have no idea how the chefs and servers managed to prepare and serve a wedding of 165 people by candlelight - they were incredible.

I HIGHLY recommend TSH - not only for their incredible food, but for their ability to pretty much pull off a seamless event despite even the craziest circumstances!

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! We really appreciate it!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Tim after trying samples from nine different caterers at a bridal show. His food is outstanding, and he completely customized a menu for us according to our vision. Tim was there to guide us through our tasting, and the food on the night of the wedding was just as incredible. He also has some amazing people working for him who answered all of my questions, multiple times a day. I can't recommend enough!

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering responded with the following comments:

Thank you for all of your nice comments. We really appreciate it!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Their food is outstanding!!! I can't tell you how many guests continue to talk about the food, even weeks after the wedding. I continue to hear comments like, "I never remember wedding food but your meal was one of the best ones I've had" or "the appetizers were amazing and there were sooo many of them" and " I wish I asked for a doggie bag, it was that good".

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for the great review, Courtney!

• Wedding: 08/30/2013
Courtney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone raved about the food!! We went with stations and the selection was fantastic. We specifically worked with Sita and Leslie and they were very professional, friendly and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Timothy Hopkins (and specifically Sita and Leslie) to anyone looking for delicious food and an overall great experience!,

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and her fiancee went to different caterers to sample their selections. Both being major "foodies" who watch the cooking shows and like to cook for each other, they had definite ideas about what they wanted. When they spent time with Tim Hopkins catering, they were in heaven. They found creative and different, (not the usual) appetizers, entrees and desserts. This man is loaded with off the chart ideas. As to be expected, our guests could not stop talking......about the range and scope of tasty treats, from little heart shaped beet appetizers to, mini hamburg and hot dog sliders and sweet potato fries right at the end, little ice cream cones and milk and cookies. And just when you thought it might end, something more came around. My daughter and her husband were thrilled with everything as all of our guests were. Most said they had never, ever seen anything like it. Thank you Tim and crew!

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review! We work really hard to make our weddings perfect and it's nice to know you noticed! Have a wonderful summer!

The TSH Catering Team

• Wedding: 05/28/2012
Deborah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Timothy S. Hopkins Catering for 3 events over our wedding weekend (Groom's dinner, reception & Sunday brunch). Paul was amazing to work with and was so helpful to me as a bride who was planning a wedding in MA from Minnesota. Paul was always on top of the details and helped with logistics that we knew nothing about. People raved about the food all weekend from the simple bbq for the Groom's dinner to the fabulous appetizers at the reception to the classy brunch on Sunday. Our only complaint is that we didn't get to try enough of the apps since we immediately went into socializing. We (and our guests) were so impressed with the professionalism of the staff - anytime someone needed something, they immediately took care of it. Everything was elegant and classy but without being pretentious. We'd highly recommend TSH!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

our daughters wedding was this past weekend 8/27/11.Despite hurricane Irene the wedding was even better than anticipated.The appetizers ,food and attention by staff was outstanding.People are still calling and commenting how great the food was.We did a wine pour in lieu of open bar and everyone really liked that.We cannot say enough about how impressed we were with this caterer.Advice to the bride and groom ...do your photos before the ceremony like our family did.This is such a great cocktail hour with fabulous appetizers that you do not want to miss it having pictures done.Thank you Timothy S. Hopkins Catering for being part of our special day!

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

he catered my daughter's wedding this summer and it was beyond fantastic! the appetizers are still being talked about and the presentation and quality of the food and service is that of a five star restaurant. Excellent staff, beautiful presentation, fresh food done to perfection. top-notch!

• Wedding: 07/31/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was amazing! The staff was very helpful.

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Food was beyond delicious! I'm still receiving compliments. They beyond exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond their call of duty. Such great people to work with and a pleasure to have as a part of our day.

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Delicious food, great people, fantastic service!
They brought us a sampler plate of appetizers while we were doing our photos and that was great.
During dinner we left our table a number of times and, unfortunately, came back to find our plates gone but we did have leftovers for the next week so we still got to enjoy all the food.
Guests still rave about the food and we were really happy with our choice.

• Wedding: 08/28/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys are seriously the best. We worked with Tim, Britt and the team for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. My husband and I are both really into food and wanted to do some more creative stuff at both events, and TSH was not only willing to work with us on it - they were EXCITED to do so! We had so much fun with their fried clam station, their late-night bacon bar at the wedding, and their beautiful BBQ spread at our rehearsal dinner. Everyone was commenting on how great the food was at both events and how beautiful everything looked. While I definitely would not say they are inexpensive, after tasting the food I am positive that they were worth every penny. Thanks for a FANTASTIC weekend, TSH!

Hi Katrina,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us this summer. We really appreciate it!
Our Best,

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering responded with the following comments:

Thank you SO much for this wonderful review! It was truly a pleasure to cater for you and your family and friends!

Sincerely,
The TSH Catering Team

4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED having Timothy Hopkins cater our wedding. There are only two local vendors in Ipswich, and we opted to go with Timothy because he offered tastings, and because most of our wedding guests were flying in, a tasting was a must.

He was open to any and all menu ideas and was easy to get along with. Because we changed/tweaked our menu, he had a second tasting for us to ensure we liked everything. His assistant - the planner - was a little scattered brained, but nonetheless, responsive enough that it didn't scare us off.

He did a fabulous job!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Timothy Hopkins Catering was exactly what my husband and I wanted for our wedding day. The food was amazing and beautiful! I have a friend who is getting married and she has been trying out different caterers and told me that they were good but not great because they have been comparing everything to our wedding! What a compliment.

• Wedding: 09/19/2009
978-768-9990
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards