Tie That Binds

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

I started working with Mekala about 8 months before my wedding to create all of our paper products, including invitations, welcome bag items, menus, ceremony programs, table numbers, escort cards, and more! I live in NYC and my wedding planner highly recommended Mekala based on her keen eye, her ability to create custom designs with you, and her overall extremely pleasant demeanor and business approach. I can't give Mekala enough praise and I recommend her services to anyone looking for their perfect wedding invitations!

After our initial phone call where I explained my vision, Mekala sent me three custom designs to review. All were so unique and captured the many elements we were looking for. We picked one to move forward with and then tweaked it from there. Mekala was so sweet in letting us ponder over the smallest things and in the end it made our invites more perfect than we could have imagined! After that, all designs Mekala sent to us for the rest of the paper products were spot on and looked just fantastic! It was so nice to have all of the items from the start of the wedding process to the end be executed with the same vision and theme.

Not only does she provide amazing products, but her compassion and willingness to work with you on an intimate level made the process personal and enjoyable. If we had a quick deadline, her turnaround time was above par. If I needed to call her up to discuss something, she was more than happy to figure it out with me. Her enthusiasm for our wedding, her attention to detail and her organization went above and beyond anything we'd expected. Mekala, thank you for helping to make our wedding the one we wanted and envisioned all along!

Services Used: Invitations

Mekala at Tie That Binds is incredible. She designed wedding invitations that totally captured the feel of our wedding. Our guests still talk about them... She was super-easy to work with. We emailed back and forth with her design ideas, and she was super-fast in responding to my emails and incorporating any discussed edits into her design. I HIGHLY recommend her. Her work is really fantastic, and she's as sweet as can be.

Services Used: Invitations

I can't thank Mekala enough for all she did to make my wife's 40th birthday party a huge success! In addition to her beautiful invitations, Mekala went out of her way to mail the invites as I was out of the country. We also added other touches to our party; signs, t-shirts, cake topper, all from Mekala. Thanks for everything Mekala!!!

Tara
05/31/2014
4.7

From the invitations, to the reception decor, favors & guest welcome bags... Mekala helped me tie it all together & I received lots of compliments! I found the company through Etsy actually, but so happy I did. Mekala's pricing was much better than many of the stationary companies in NYC and the quality was fantastic. I think the company is really growing, and sometimes I felt as though she was a bit overwhelmed, or I had to check in on things, but she's growing so fast bc everything she does is amazing. The final products were perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Services Used: Invitations

I used the Tie that Binds to design my guests welcome bags for our wedding, and could not be happier with the turn out! Mekala worked with me and helped design my perfect bags. She was so responsive and easy to work with. She was able to use different design elements from my invitation which truly made the welcome bags our own. I would highly recommend Tie that Binds to everyone, you won't be disappointed!

Services Used: Favors & Gifts

Mekala is so talented, sweet, and easy to talk to! I searched the web for days looking for the perfect invitations for our wedding and finally saw what I wanted! The process for ordering and creating the invites was very clear and easy to do... any questions I had, Mekala was there to help. When we received our invitations in the mail, it was like opening our first wedding gift! The packaging was beautiful and they are what we will always have to remember the essence of that special day . Thank you Mekala!

Private User
1+ year ago

Mekala did a beautiful job creating a custom welcome bag suite for our wedding! I would definitely recommend her services as she was easy to work with and very creative!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

LOVED OUR INVITATIONS!!! The quality was great and the customer service was incredible! Mikela was super patient and understanding through my bridal panic attacks and even though I was traveling in a different time zone during the finalization she was super responsive.

I had several of my invited guests go out of their way to call to tell me and my parents that these were the coolest and most creative invitations that they had ever received and a couple of them even put it on their facebook!

Services Used: Invitations

Mekala at Tie that Binds was amazing to work with! She created beautiful programs, menus, escort cards and an escort board, as well as table numbers for me. One of the most impressive things about Mekala is that she was really intuitive about what I wanted -- which was incredibly helpful as these items were all done in the last few weeks before my wedding, which meant there was a lot of things going on and I needed someone that could run with a project. Mekala was the perfect person for the job! After an initial conversation about the style of my wedding and sending her a few inspiration ideas on a Pinterest board, she came up with exactly what I wanted. When I saw everything in person, it was all even more beautiful than what I had hoped for.

She was also very responsive and quick with her production time-- which is almost as invaluable as a beautiful product!

Ruth
1 Review
09/27/2013

This was our first time working with Mekela. She was highly recommended by our wedding planner Sarah True of True Event. We had an amazing experience working with Mekela, despite her living on the opposite coast. She was ALWAYS available via phone or email to make any adjustments along the way. She was able to capture the theme of our wedding and added a lot of unique style features to complement our design. Mekela helped us work within our budget and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding experience was everything we had envisioned. We would highly recommend Tie That Binds not only for invitations but also for Mekela's creative design and decor. She is very talented and we look forward to work together again.

Services Used: Flowers, Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Mekala at Tie That Binds created the most beautiful party favors and signs for our wedding! She was such a pleasure to work with. She created stunning custom matchbox party favors based on a few details I gave her about the colors, theme, and feel of our wedding. It was like she read my mind, the first proof was perfect and very punctual. After seeing how amazing the matchboxes came out we had her also create our signs for our reception which were equally as gorgeous. I only wish I had known about her earlier in my planning process to help with other paper needs! She is very creative, talented, a genius at making your wedding vision come to life!

Services Used: Favors & Gifts

Mekala is an absolute dream. She loved my quirky idea for an invitation that involved a creative "fold out" design, and she made it happen! She added her own designs to make it seamless and more professional and we both were freaking out at how much we loved them! I used her for my table seating, escort cards, and thank you cards as well. She is a doll and I would absolutely recommend her.

Services Used: Invitations

Mekala is extremely accommodating and has a great eye. We were glad to have someone who could help us narrow down color and style for our invitations, and she was very patient with us as we went back and forth before making any decisions. My only word of caution is that you MEASURE to see what size everything will be. We had expected the RSVP postcards to actually be "postcard" size, but they were significantly smaller. Still large enough to mail by USPS standards, but I wish we had known and possibly requested that they be bigger. That said, everything looked as great in person as it did online, we got a lot of compliments that our invitations were a great reflection of us and the kind of wedding we will be having. Thanks, Mekala!

Services Used: Invitations

We could not be more pleased with our invitations from Mekala at Tie that Binds. During the entire process she was extremely responsive and helpful. The finished product was an invitation that truly reflects our wedding style and what we had initially envisioned. I can't wait to work with her on the other details for our wedding!

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

We LOVED our invitations and got so many compliments on them--they were exactly what we had been looking for: simple but elegant (and they were a great price for letterpress). Mekala is also a pleasure to work with--she is friendly, responsive and accommodating. We dealt with her directly and through our wedding planner (who deals with a lot of different vendors) and our planner also thought she was fantastic.

Services Used: Invitations

I love my wedding invitations! They are so cute, extremely well done, and are perfectly detailed. I absolutely love them and have already gotten compliments on them.
Thank you Mekala for all the hard work!