Tica

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti was amazing! She was very quick to respond to all of my emails and many questions and incredibly flexible when it came to where to meet, who would be getting wedding make up done and when, etc.! She is not only professional, but also approachable - I felt like I could ask her anything and take her word for it! And I did! She gave me advice on where to get my dress altered, who to see for undergarments, where to get my eyebrows done, where to shop for a dress for my Mom - and on it goes! And her advice never failed! I could not have imagined my wedding day without her! And I've received so many compliments about how stunning I looked - all thanks to Marti!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Marti Wright of Tica did the makeup for my daughter and her attendants & myself for her wedding October 25th. She was a delight to work with, and very flexible. When I first contacted her, she called me personally to discuss things, and it was such an instant connection that I knew she would be ideal. She was so helpful discussing the pros & cons of different techniques such as air brush vs traditional foundation, and makeup styles. Everyone was thrilled with their makeup and looked beautiful!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marty was great! We did a trial run with her a few weeks before the wedding and worked through the look I wanted for the big day. I never wear any makeup and have some skin and eye trouble. Marty took all of that into consideration and did everything she could to make sure I felt comfortable and pretty. She hit the nail on the head, it was perfect. She also did a wonderful job with my bridesmaids. I had 6 bridesmaids total and a slight time crunch before the ceremony began. Marty brought an assistant with her to our location at no extra cost to us in order to ensure that everyone was ready on time. The girls were thrilled with how they looked and it made me happy to see them happy. Because they felt good, they all looked wonderful, especially in the pictures. Thank you Marty for helping make our wedding more perfect than I ever could have imagined!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Crisy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti is a true professional, her work is top notch and her personality matches! I went for my trial with Marti and fell in love with her as a person and was so pleased with the result of my makeup. Her prices are competitive and reasonable. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and it was such a joy having her at my parents home throughout the day, she was like one of the girls. We joked and laughed and everyone looked stunning. I would recommend Marti to anyone needing stellar makeup!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have nothing but great things to say about Tica Beauty and the work that Mindy did for my wedding. The makeup artist I had originally planned to work with disappeared on me about a month and a half before the wedding, and my wedding planner recommended I reach out to Tica Beauty. Marti responded almost instantly and had me set up with a trial with Mindy in under two hours - which was about the quickest wedding vendor turnaround I encountered throughout the entire process.

As someone who wears VERY little makeup on a day-to-day basis, I was concerned that the makeup was going to be too much, but Mindy did a fantastic job listening to what I was looking for and my makeup was spot-on at the trial. She took detailed notes so that on my wedding day she was ready to exactly replicate the successful trial - and even arrived 45 minutes early, which ended up working out perfectly. She was also extremely friendly and great to chat with through the pre-wedding jitters.

I would highly, highly recommend Tica for their responsiveness and excellent work product. Thank you to Mindy and Marti for all of their help!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Heather to do my wedding makeup and couldn't have been happier with the results. Not only was she friendly and fun to work with, but she also served as a calming presence when I was getting anxious about leaving the house in time to get to the wedding venue. And she gave me just the look I was hoping for -- elegant and soft for a daytime outdoor wedding. I'm happy to give Heather my highest recommendation!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Rochelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti was simply the best!! Not only was she such a pleasure to have around on the morning of my wedding, but the makeup and overall look she gave us all was stunning. I don't wear a ton of makeup to begin with, and neither did my bridesmaids and Marti did such a fabulous job of making us feel beautiful without looking "overdone". I would not hesitate to recommend Marti to any bride who is looking for a classic, elegant look on her wedding day.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Katie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti did such a wonderful job on wedding makeup for me, my bridesmaids, my mom and my new mother-in-law! I searched though tons and tons of makeup artists in the DC area looking for someone with (i) experience with Asian brides and (ii) a light hand who does a more bridal look (versus evening event makeup) until I finally found Marti. She arrived promptly the morning of our wedding and worked expertly and quickly, giving me a great natural look that made me feel like the prettiest possible version of myself. She applied the same deft touch to my bridal party and the mothers, working with a variety of complexion types and shades and ages. She was also so much fun to have in the suite and was great at keeping us calm and entertained. I would recommend her highly to anyone but especially to brides who envision a classic look! And I love wearing the Tica Superwear Lip Creme in Bridal Rose Marti gave me to keep -- it's a great product!

ShujandNed
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti was absolutely wonderful. I was very specific in what I wanted to look like, but had a challenging time finding someone to create it. She worked with me over a couple of trials (one complimentary) to ensure that I was happy with my look. She nailed it! She also did a magnificent job on my sister and sister in law, both with very different make-up tastes. Highly recommended!!!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti is awesome! She is extremely talented and very easy to work with. When I went for a trial run I was immediately impressed with her friendliness and ability to put anyone at ease. As I was looking for someone to do wedding make-up I wanted to make sure that whoever did it listened to my comments. Marti was fantastic. She did make-up for me, my mother, and my matron of honor. Everyone was delighted with the results. To Marti's credit, the three of us all had different complexions and I was the only one Marti had previously met. Yet, she knew exactly how to accentuate my mother's and matron of honor's features, as well as mine, so that we all looked our best. Importantly--to me, at least--we all still looked like ourselves. I would highly recommend Marti for any bride looking for a make-up professional, or anyone who simply wants to look their best for a special event.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Marti was incredible! My daughter and I had such a great experience. My make-up was perfect. I can't say enough about her!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Carol
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti and her assistant Heather were fantastic! Marti not only gave me the most beautiful makeup ever (seriously, I looked like a princess out of a fairy tale!) but she also has a great personality. My girls and I had so much fun getting ready with the two of them! They kept us laughing the entire time and that was priceless on my wedding morning. She is worth it just to make sure you are happy and having fun on the morning of your big day. My girls all looked the best I've ever seen them, including my mother! They both listened to whatever we wanted and worked with our different personalities and faces to really bring out the individual beauty in each of us! I can't thank Marti enough for being so sweet to me from my trial all the way up to the big day and for making me a beautiful bride! I would recommend her to anyone who needs makeup done for any event in their life! She will not disappoint!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Shannon
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti was fantastic! She did a marvelous job with everyone's makeup. Equally important, she was a positive, calm, and kind presence to have around on my wedding day. Highly recommended!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Marti and her associate were absolutely great. I would recommend them highly to anyone.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marti did my makeup last weekend for my wedding. She also did my mom, mother-in law and my sister-in laws makeup. She did a great job and is very professional, polite and nice to be around. I highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love Marti, her makeup (art) was flawless! I was a "bridesmaid" and was so happy with her services! The bride was glowing and looked amazing as well. I'll definitely book her in the future!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Melanie
703-282-1347
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards