Thunderbird Chapel

Flexibility
4.7
Private User
[Private]

I am BEYOND excited to get married at Thunderbird Chapel. The venue is gorgeous!! All of the staff are wonderful. Sharla has been a HUGE help. She responds to any emails or questions quickly. I am very impressed by the venue and everyone who works there. I can't wait to work with the coordinator and have my special day there!

BEAUTIFUL VENUE!
My wedding was more amazing then I could have every imagined. They set up everything and broke everything down. What more could a bride want? The chapel speaks for itself with all the windows and beautiful natural background.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about this place and the people who work here is incredible. We look and many venues, and not only was Thunderbird Chapel one of the nicest ones, it was also half the price or less. Sharla and staff were so, so personable and stayed on top of all the calendar deadlines and details.
***On the wedding day my cake did not arrive- Thunderbird staff liaised with the vendor, and when it turned out the vendor was not going to make it, the owner of the chapel went out and bought another cake at a local bakery. They did not charge us a dime for this.***
These are people who actually care about your wedding, and want it to be as wonderful as it is in your mind.
To Thunderbird Chapel:
You guys are consummate professionals and genuinely kind people. Thank you so much for caring for us and making sure I didn't have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day. You went above and beyond every step of the way and made us feel right at home.
Thank you all so much!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We have had nothing but a great experience so far with the team at Thunderbird! They have been so helpful to make our day perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thunderbird Chapel was outstanding! They were extremely helpful and everything was set up as was specified at our detail meeting. During out meeting they clarified details I had not even considered. Our coordinator was fantastic at handling our large, loud group during the rehearsal; and during the reception she found a way to let me know what I needed to know without interrupting the party. The place was beautiful, and the food they catered was fantastic. They even packed us up some cake to take after the reception, for which we were very grateful because we forgot to get any! I couldn't have been more happy or imagine having had my wedding anywhere else!

1 person found this review helpful
Kristin
06/08/2014

Absolutely amazing venue. Everything was exactly as I had imagined it would be. Well worth the cost because you don't have to worry about anything. Just the right amount of space for a smaller personal wedding.

Brittany
04/19/2014

Amazing place to have a wedding! Not only is the staff superior to work with, the scenery is stunning! The acoustics are beautiful for live music. I had a string quartet play for the ceremony, and they mentioned to me tgat they would love to have a recital there! Top notch venue in OKC!

Robbie
04/05/2014

We chose Thunderbird Chapel for our wedding. It turned out to be the best decision ever! It is such a beautiful place! Goldie, who we talked to from day one, was exceptional in explaining their processes. I called several times with questions and she answered them all even though I felt like I might have asked a few silly or repetitive questions, she never made me feel that way. She also was the coordinator on our wedding day. She and her staff were superb. If anything went wrong, we sure didn't know it! I will definitely refer them for anyone else's events/weddings!!

Jaime
03/22/2014

We were really struggling with finding a place to get married since we don't belong to a church. Thunderbird chapel was perfect for us. Having the church-like feeling in the chapel was great! Also, having the reception immediately following was nice too. Guests didn't have to leave to go somewhere else for reception.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Jessica
01/18/2014

Thunderbird Chapel along with their staff were absolutely amazing. Everything turned out perfect!!! Goldie was beyond helpful when it came to helping me plan the details out for our ceremony and rehearsal. We had our wedding in the evening and the chapel looked very beautiful! Upon walking into our rehearsal my breath was taken away. They exceeded my expectations!!! Thank you very much to the staff at Thunderbird Chapel!
Jessica Squibb

elizabeth
12/28/2013

Our wedding was absolutely wonderful! Your staff was always nice and professional. My coordinator worked so well with my family and wedding party. The wedding and reception went smoothly thanks to you all.

Jennifer
11/08/2013

I'd recommend them to anyone. I loved it and they were exceptionally wonderful!!

Brittany
10/26/2013

All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. It was a stress free day for me, David, and our families thanks to your staff! Kara and Goldie were great!

Jennifer
10/12/2013

Our wedding was fantastic and we wouldn't want it at any other venue. We were searching for a venue with an outdoor, intimate feel that was customizable to our homemade decor. Thunderbird Chapel was PERFECT. Not only was the setting just plain beautiful, but the staff was wonderful. We had loads and loads of homemade decorations, homemade wine, homemade soap, etc. and the staff made sure everything came back with us. We didn't worry about a single thing all evening. The staff was so fantastic - they even made small plates of food for us and left them at our table (they wanted to be sure we ate something during our own reception). We were so happy with the venue and the staff that we would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any couple looking for a beautiful, intimate wedding that is care-free on your big day.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as I got engaged I searched for wedding chapels and venues in the OKC area. Thunderbird Chapel was the first one I seen. I looked at the website and loved it. Over the next couple of months I looked at other venues, but, to me, neither compared to the beauty of the chapel or the price of the package. I had my heart set on Thunderbird and was able to book if for my wedding and reception. The staff is very nice and willing to work with you. I am a pretty indecisive person and a little unorganized, but the staff still responded to my questions and requests politely and professionally. I had last minute changes to my decor, but the staff was right on it and everything looked so wonderful. I added in my own chair sashes and it went very well with the decor. I was not even able to make it to my rehearsal because of traffic from the recent tornado! Even with that unfortunate event, the staff was still able to direct my wedding party to the best of their abilities and the end result was a lovely ceremony. I received many comments on how beautiful the entire wedding and chapel was. I had a vision for my wedding and Thunderbird Chapel made it come true!

Heather
08/18/2012

The staff at Thunderbird is the best around. They helped me plan the most perfect wedding i could of ever imagined. The value is great, and incredibly stress free. Having a location that provides a bundle helped me focus on the more important factors of the wedding, rather than stressing of the details! i would highly suggest you take a look at their beautiful location and wonderful people!