Thomas Sanderson Photography

Thomas Sanderson Photography

International Award Winning Wedding Photographer

Williamsburg, VA 23185 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.3 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.4 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment we saw Tom's photos, we knew we had to have him shoot our wedding. His work was so creative and fun, and showed that he had a great eye for what's important in a shot. On top of that, his approach to his job leaves you with no doubt you're in good hands. Tom is organized and methodical, and makes shooting with him easy and fun. We ended up with so many beautiful, print-worthy photos of ourselves and others, including some of my most shy family members!

The day after our wedding, Tom had already created a small Facebook album where we could share some key photos with all of our friends and family. To this day we still get comments from people about how great our wedding photos are. Amid all the wedding albums on Facebook, people remember ours because the photos are so creative.

I would love to hire Tom again to photography other family events, and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer they can trust to get amazing, artistic photos of once-in-a-lifetime events.

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom is an amazing photographer! We really could not be happier with the photos from our wedding and our engagement shoot--they are unique, artistic, and beautiful. Not only is Tom extremely talented, but he is also very easy to work with. It was important to us that our photographer blend in with our guests and friends because we've been to weddings where the photographer basically orders everyone around. Well, Tom was so friendly and easy-going that most of our guests assumed he was a friend! Of course, we still wanted him to get wonderful pictures of moments we remembered and moments we might have missed--and he more than surpassed our expectations on that count as well! I don't know how I'm going to pick among the photos he sent--they are all so good! Any photographer can take one excellent photo--Tom gave us hundreds of excellent photos! Best of all, he really listens to you and works with you. We didn't want that many pictures of us--we wanted him to focus more on getting lots of pictures of our guests having fun. We figured we'd sacrifice getting that amazing picture of us, but we didn't have to--Tom was able to get lots of beautiful pictures of us and then, as we wished, get lots of great pictures of our guests as well. We also had a fairly untraditional wedding and, unlike some vendors we talked to, Tom was completely excited about our ideas, and made sure to get lots of pictures of the different things we incorporated that were special to us. The best recommendation I can give is that everyone who sees the pictures says, "wow, you had a wonderful photographer"! And I feel proud for finding him! Tom is fantastic--I'd recommend him to anyone (I've already recommended him to a friend for whom I'm going to be maid of honor in a few months).

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We came across Tom at the Richmond Bridal Show last year and after carefully reviewing more than 30 online portfolios we felt he was simply the best. From our engagement shoot through the wedding day we knew we made the right choice. Tom is an incredible photographer and made sure to capture all of our "must-have photos" and more. Included in our package was a beautiful album, all our digital photos on a custom printed dvd and case, a slideshow of the wedding highlights, and a stunning canvas photo displayed at our reception (from our engagement shoot). The service and quality of his work is truly astounding and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Tom for our wedding photos and he was amazing from beginning to end. He customized his photo packages to fit what we were looking for. In our first consultation, we knew that we was right one by the way he was comfortable talking about the couples he has worked with in the past, and the vision he captured for each event.

My husband and I are the type of couple that are always a bit camera shy, and I have a small scar on my face that has made me self-conscious when taking photos in the past. Tom really made us feel so comfortable that we didn't even know the camera was there and he got really amazing photos. I appreciate the efforts he took in making sure we had great photos because we will never be able to have that moment again. Tom was even in the middle of the street at night, at the end of our reception, getting the perfect shot as cars were driving by and we made our grand exit.

As soon as the wedding was done, people were already getting excited to see the photos and we received a ton of compliments on how great they turned out.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give more than 5 stars for Tom, I would! I am beyond happy with the service I received from him. Tom worked with me to create a package that met my needs and budget. Now that the wedding is over, I cannot believe what great service I received for my money! My husband I met Tom for the first time for our engagement session, which went great. The day of our wedding, Tom was fabulous! He worked so hard to get wonderful shots. My wedding was outside in the heat and humidity, and Tom worked tirelessly to get our shots done, and done well! I can say that he worked every minute of our wedding day to ensure we would get the shots needed and wanted. Tom's work is simply amazing and I am so happy to have found him and had the chance to work with him!!

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer than Tom. Hw was calm, professional and pleasant from day one, and really made everything as easy as possible.

We found out about Tom through a woman at one of the bridal boutiques. After checking out examples of his work and having a Skype meeting, we knew it would work out great. Not only did all of our guests (and us) enjoy his easy-going personality on the day-of the wedding, the photos came out beautifully! There are so many photos to choose from! We love his creative eye and unique ideas. Tom also provided our photo booth, which our guests absolutely LOVED. We got to design our own background for the prints, which he was very flexible about.

Overall, the whole experience was seamless before, during, and after the wedding, and we are absolutely thrilled with the way our wedding will be remembered through the photos Tom took.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, so we really did our research in this area. We narrowed our search down to 3 top choices who we met with, and Tom was by far the clear winner. He was very personable and professional during the meeting, and he had a clear vision of what we were looking for. After hiring him, we scheduled our engagement photos at Maymont Park, and they turned out fantastic! They were a mix of fun and modern shots, along with some traditional poses that I knew my mom would really want. When it came time for the wedding, Tom really impressed us He showed up early to look things over, and then started shooting away. He really made everyone feel comfortable even during the most stressful parts of the day. I guess you could say he was a calming presence in the midst of the chaos of my huge family. He was very laid back and easily handled the scheduling changes that happened during the day. After the wedding, I was anxiously awaiting the photos and when we saw them, we were both blown away! Tom captured everything I imagined and more. My entire family is so happy with his service and photos, and we would recommend him to anyone getting married.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot describe how thankful my husband and I are to have had Tom as our wedding photographer! We heard about Tom and his company when we attended my friend's wedding back in July 2010. After looking at my friend's amazing wedding pictures, I knew I HAD to contact Tom immediately! A few weeks later, we met and knew we wanted to book him for our wedding. Shortly after our meeting, we also booked him for our engagement photos as well. During the engagement session, he was SO comfortable to work with! At first we were nervous to pose in front of the camera, but he made everything so easy and fun. That day felt like we were just hanging out with one of our good friends from college for the day...completely stress-free. :) About a year later, it was time for the BIG day. Tom was a true God-send on the wedding day...keeping everyone to the timeline we set for the day. To say that Tom was wonderful on the most important day of my life is an understatement. He truly exceeded our expectations! Watching the slideshow of images after the wedding brought tears to my eyes because he truly captured all of the wonderful moments from our wedding...from my husband's expression as I walked down the aisle to the wild excitement on my maid of honor's face as she caught my bouquet and everything in between. As I look through each photo he sent us, I feel so thankful we chose him as our photographer. We will always be forever grateful for the wonderful moments Tom captured on our wedding day, and for his gracious and professional demeanor as well.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

f I could give Tom a 10 star rating, I would!! I'm so impressed with my experience with his company, and I felt I needed to leave a review. I reached out to Tom after seeing his pictures of a friend's wedding, and the second I called I knew I had made the right decision. Tom was absolutely wonderful to work with. We used him for our engagement shoot, rehearsal dinner and wedding. He drove all the way from Richmond to Charlottesville to take our engagement photos last fall because that was my dream and he said "whatever it takes to make it happen!" Talk about passion for your work, your clients and dedication to getting the perfect images. The photos were super creative and beautiful, and I was amazed at the things he captured that I wasn't even aware of during the wedding. I think he gave us an exceptional value for what we received. I would say he's 'middle of the road' in terms of what we found for prices in this area. Not cheap, but a lot less than others we interviewed, and Tom's work was easily as good as the more expensive photographers. Booking Tom was the best vendor decision we made, because after the wedding you only have your photos to remember the day by, so it's important.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Tom to do the photographs for our wedding at The Mill at Fine Creek in Richmond. The photos were perfect and our entire family was impressed with the job he did. In addition to taking the pictures, he helped organize the timeline for the entire day, and coordinated with our other vendors to make everything run more smoothly. He was really an asset to our wedding day, and I'm very happy to have found him through our wedding planner. I highly recommend Tom, and please contact me if you would like more details. He also did my bridal portraits at Maymont and they were just as fantastic as the wedding day photos!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding photos turned out amazing!!! We're so glad we decided to go with Tom as our photographer. He was easy to work with, very flexible and professional, and very artistic. He also did my bridal portraits at Maymont, and they were fabulous as well. On the day of the wedding everyone enjoyed working with him, and he went out of his way to make sure all of my crazy photo requests were accommodated. We both highly recommend hiring Tom.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom really took the time to understand our wedding vision and what we were looking for from our photographer. We met with several other photographers in the area, and he was the only one we really felt made a huge effort to make sure he understood our needs. His work was also much more artistic and exactly what we were after. We had him take our engagement photos, which we're totally in love with. On the day of the wedding we really enjoyed working with Tom. He was open to our suggestions and had plenty of his own. When we received the wedding photos we couldn't believe how great they were! I knew they'd be good, but he fully exceeded our expectations and blew us both away (and my husband isn't easily impressed, so that's really saying something.) We are beyond happy that we hired Tom, and of course we recommend him highly!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Tom was easy from the first meeting all the way through the wedding itself. He was flexible when scheduling our meetings, which was important because I live out of town and have a busy work schedule. The wedding day flew by before I knew it, but I remember Tom being there early and ready to start taking pictures. He was really upbeat and had lots of ideas for the photos. He finished the photos for us quickly and I'm truly beyond happy with the results! He took so many fantastic photos and caught things happening that I had no idea were even going on because we were so busy. I received so many compliments on how professional Tom was compared to other vendors (who I will also be reviewing).

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding photos turned out perfect!! They were very artistic and fun, and working with Tom was a great experience. He showed up early and I think he even stayed a little past our contracted time with him. He gave us way more photos than we expected, and my whole family was really impressed Witt the quality.

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photography was very important to us so I really did a lot of research before selecting one. Tom's work was outstanding and we definitely made the right decision by picking him. He made suggestions for our outfits for our engagement photos, and made a really nice canvas print from one of the photos. On the wedding day, he was very professional but also outgoing and friendly. The photos came out amazing and we got more than we expected. If photography is important to you, I highly recommend using Tom!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we got our photos back we couldn't believe how great they were! We really felt like we were experiencing the day all over again. Tom really has a special talent when it comes to photography, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend using him for your wedding.

• Wedding: 02/15/2014