Thomas Lester Photography

• Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 1 Reviews
This photographer was absolutely terrible. First of all, he is cheap, which was great in the beginning but then you realize WHY. He did not take any group/family photos without me directing him to. We now regretfully look back on our photos. We also have not gotten our album and it has been over one year since our wedding. He claims he will "stay the whole time" but he often ducked out early . His pictures were rather lackluster. Use another photographer if you can help it. On top of it all, you can hardly get in contact with him. Not sure how he makes any money, he never responds to his email/phone unless it involves booking a deal or paying him a check... then the contact just falls off.
Wedding: Recently Married

Anonymous 6 Reviews
A week before my wedding, I found out my old photographer had doublebooked for my wedding! He reassured me he would have full coverage by his partner and assistant. However, he also gave me the option for a full refund. I chose to fire him, get my refund and hire a new photographer! I contacted Thomas Lester Photography and he told me he was available for my wedding date! Thomas was originally one of my top choices. He was so easy to meet with and work with and I felt so comfortable with him by the time my wedding came around. I believe things happen for a reason and God was watching out for me. My pictures were ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! The lighting, clarity, artistic views really captured the emotions of that day. I look at the pictures and it brings me back to my wedding day in clear view! Tom, thank you for everything!!
Wedding: 02/23/2013

John & Hoang 1 Reviews
The photos are the ones telling the stories decades to come. A quality photo will capture the intimacy and emotions of that moment. Thomas Lester did just that. His work is just beautiful. Our friends and families were in aww of our wedding pictures. They all wanted to know the name of our photographer. We had a small intimate wedding and we wanted pictures of our ceremony taken. Thomas worked out a customized package for us, which was perfect for our budget. His photos look like they cost thousands of dollars, and we even got comments that they look like they came from a magazine. We're so happy with the results.
Wedding: 12/26/2012

Brittany 1 Reviews
Tom did such an awesome job as our photographer for our wedding. Not only did our photos come out beautiful but we had a lot of fun taking both our engagement and our wedding shots. All of our pictures were very natural and not posed which was important to us. Although it was just him taking all of our pictures it was like he was in three places at once never missing any important moments from our big day. He really gets to know his clients so that he can make sure to bring out their personalities and the love they have for each other in each shot he takes. I would recommend him to any bride getting married!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
DO NOT USE THIS VENDOR! My daughter was married 11/10/12 and she did not receive her completed album until 12/24/13. This was after several attempts, the passing of a key family member, more delays on his part, and finally threatening to sue him and contacting a lawyer who sent him a demand letter. We paid in full prior to the wedding but had to chase him for results. he would not have produced it if we had not been trying to get a response. he did not begin working on the book until JULY 2013. The entire experience with him was a HUGE disappointment. needless to say, we have another daughter getting married and will be searching for another photographer, and have shared this information with friends who are getting married. This is not the first time he has handled a bride this way, and if you book him, it will not be the last.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.5

Private User 1 Reviews
Thomas started off being okay. Then I began to realize just how unprofessional he is. He never responds in a timely manner to emails or phone calls. He demands money up front and then doesn't provide product. It has been ONE YEAR since our wedding and no wedding album yet. He has some cheap off site person put the album together who you cannot call/contact except through the wedding album online editing tool itself. He nickels and dimes you for everything. I should have just paid a little more and gotten a different photographer. He also, like other reviewers mentioned, forgot to get photos of important family members. I had to use my friend's photos otherwise I would've missed group family photos. He had more photos of random wedding guests that I didn't care about than my actual family. Caveat- do not use Thomas.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Make sure to share your ideas with Thomas and he will gladly incorporate them into the shoots!
Wedding: 10/29/2011

Cherie 6 Reviews
When my mom and I met Thomas, we knew he was our photographer. Thomas' work is AWESOME. Thomas bends over backwards to make any bride's day as special as it should be. His son was a pleasure to work with too. Very talented just like his dad. I HIGHLY recommend Thomas Lester Photography. Thank you so much.
Wedding: 07/22/2011
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Thomas Lester is a brilliant photographer. The quality of his work is extraordinary. Unfortunately, he lacks the creativity and professionalism to complete the package. When I first met with Thomas, I went over my vision for our wedding photos. I had some examples with me, and I expressed that I wanted some unique shots. Thomas said he was excited about shooting our wedding and that he would work in some really unique shots. On the day of my wedding, however, Thomas provided little assistance to me and my bridal party when it came to poses for our photos. Essentially he just had us stand there and smile, the exact opposite of what I wanted. He also forgot to get photos of all of my husband's family members, especially the owners of the house we got married at. When I think about it I kick myself for not writing out a list of everything I wanted shot.

One month following my wedding, my mom threw me a wedding shower for family members who were unable to attend my out-of-town event. I informed Thomas of this multiple times, asking if he could provide the softcopy photos by then so my family could see them. His response was positive, yet it took various phone calls from me and my sister before we got them, and they arrived the day of the party. It took 3.5 months for the CD of the photos to arrive,again, only because I asked about them multiple times. I still have not received my wedding album and it's been four months since my wedding. His work is high quality; just make sure you are able to direct what you want shot and expect to wait a while to get your product.
Wedding: 11/12/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tom was amazing and I have nothing but good things to say about him. Not only was he professional and totally on the ball, but he has an amazing eye for catching memories in photos. By far Tom was my favorite vendor to work with and I can't wait to use him for future family photos.
Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thank you so much for your work! Amazing pictures and such great service!!
Wedding: 05/23/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thank you for the wonderful pictures! You are the best photography service out there! Very cheap prices and very dependable.
Wedding: 03/03/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Speaking as the mom of the groom, Tom Lester's pictures are amazing. Posed or candid, all his shots are so well framed with great composition that you feel you're standing right in the midst of the fun.
Wedding: 12/19/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thomas Lester was a blast to have and I could not be happier with our pictures. His attention to detail and eye for a great moment is amazing. He took the pictures he wanted and wasted no time to give us maximum time with our guests. I recommend him to everyone!
Wedding: 12/19/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was blown away by the engagement photographs Thomas took of my son and his bride to be. They were without a doubt some of the most beautiful images I have ever seen! I anticipated he would create a quality pictoral journal of their wedding day, and I was not disappointed. Thank you, Thomas, for the fantastic way you captured the day for Jon and Jen. I love looking at the photos and not only remembering the day, but also how beautifully you captured it.
Wedding: 08/08/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thomas talked to us as he had done many "events" at Celebration Church in the past and was wanting to start shooting weddings also. He was wonderful! Thomas bent over backwards to be where every shot was possibly happening and then set up his laptop at the reception with previews of the wedding already! The photos are amazing and his professionalism was outstanding. He captured many wonderful memories for years to come.
Wedding: 08/08/2009
 904-290-1510
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire