Thomas Hughes Films

4.1
Value
3.3
Flexibility

We hired Thomas Hughes Films for our Carmel Valley wedding this past April. We absolutely LOVE the video, it has been so much fun reliving the memories from our weekend! We had the rehearsal dinner + wedding day filmed, and are so happy we did. We were so busy having fun that weekend, we hardly remember it all!! We have watched the video way too many times to admit, and have shared it with all of our family & friends. Everyone loves it!! Working with this company was so easy from start to finish, which is really such a blessing in wedding planning. I am so thankful to Alex and the rest of the company for making my life as easy as possible!

We had two videographers, James and Daine, but most of the time I had no idea they were there! That was a major plus, as I can be camera shy. The video showcased the entire wedding weekend in a way that is like re-living it every time we watch it. We are SO happy we got a video. THANK YOU Thomas Hughes Films! We LOVE the video and highly recommend this company!

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Have not seen the video yet, but I thought that the team was very professional

Services Used: Videography

We are so glad we chose to have a videographer at our wedding! I didn't realize that it would take 4 months to get our video from them but it was worth it! We just watched the video and it was so nice! They got all of the right moments, some really funny things that I had forgotten about, and the gentlemen (sorry I don't remember his name) was very nice and had a good sense of humor. Definitely well worth using them.

4.7

The manager, Alex Keyes, was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. He provided samples and cost options. He also followed up right before the wedding to let me know who our videographer would be. When the ceremony was moved inside at the last minute due to rain, the videographer helped out the photographer by shining his camera light on us. Not his fault, but it was super hot!! (being in my dress, etc) Silvin was extremely professional, fun and out of sight most of the time. My mom even asked if he was there through the reception since she didn't see him! I assured her that he was since he checked in with me right before he left. Alex emailed me after the wedding with congratulations and some nice compliments from Silvin. Then asked me what songs I would like in the video. They also asked for a copy of the invitation, which was a great idea. The only copy I had at the wedding was under glass. Great service... we will see the result of the video when I get it!

4.3

The administrative staff and one of the two viedographers at Thomas Hughes were good, but the other was clearly lacking in skills. We later found out she was the girlfriend of the other photographer. She was a nice girl, but she often got in the way and found herself in awkward positions. Luckily, her boyfriend was the main person taking the footage and everything turned out very well.

3.0

Our wedding was 3 weeks ago so too soon to review the finished product. Unlike several of the other reviews, I've had no issues with Thomas Hughes. Heather, their office manager, has always been prompt in responding to my emails and phones calls. We hired two cameras for the first portion of the wedding to capture the ceremony, the first dance, Father/Daughter dance and toasts and then concluded the evening with one camera. Darren and Jason arrived on-time and remained inconspicuous rhroughout the evening. Darren checked with us at the end of the agreed period to find out if we wanted him to stay longer and had us stage a closing scene, which seemed cheesy, but inline with the way we concluded our ceremony...so it fit.

Shortly after our wedding we received a follow-up letter in the mail requesting a copy of our invitation and any other wedding "media" we might want included as well as any music selections.

I contacted Heather to let her know we were working on sending out the wedding "media" and that we definitely want to select our music, but that we needed to whittle down our choices and would let them know. We also referenced a video editing style we'd seen on one of there demo DVDs and gave some editing requests. Heather let me know that all notes had been forwarded to the editor and once they received all the additional materials, they'd be back in touch.

I'll update my post once we receive the finished product.

4.1

So far, I have had a great experience working with Thomas Hughes. Heather the office manager there is very friendly and responsive. David Rogers, the videographer who shot my wedding, was very professional, friendly and courteous. He made a great effort at the wedding to shoot everything I had told him was important to me. They also sent me the raw footage in a very timely manner. I have not yet received the final product, but I feel pretty confident that it will turn out great (based on the raw footage). They are not the cheapest out there, but I was really impressed by their samples and they offer a variety of different packages. They also have a great reputation with other vendors in the wine country.

2.0

Extremely dissapointed in the quality of the wedding dvd. We decided to have the wedding recorded because we had several relatives that could not fly out to the west coast to be with us. We did not even show the video to anyone!! A random person off the street with a video camera could have produced the same dvd. The music choices were horrible, you could here people chatting in the background, and could hardly hear our vows!! I felt that the sample dvds I was given as a preview of their work was extremely misleading from what I received as a final product!

Profile Picture
Robbin
01/06/2009

I have had the pleasure to work with Thomas Hughes Films for 15 years and have been extremely happy with the various videographers I have worked with, quality of the videos and their follow up. I own a wedding planning company in the Sonoma and Napa wine country, A Dream Wedding, and my team of planners always highly recommend Thomas Hughes Films to our clients. Robbin Montero Owner of A Dream Wedding

Services Used: Videography

I originally wasn't going to have a videographer and in the end decided I would be so caught up in the day I wouldn't never remember the ceremony and little parts of the day- so we set out to find someone that didn't cost a fortune and would provide us with a recap of our day. Thomas Hughes did just that- of course after seeing their sample videos we really wanted all the fancy editing,etc but in the end went with a basic package. They allowed us to split our day since we had a couple hour break between the ceremony and the reception which was great. Our time ran out before the cake cutting and the videographer (who I honestly hadn't seen all day he was that good and out of the way) asked me if there was anything else I wanted- I was busy dancing and having a good time and should've sent him to my mom to make that decision, I said no thanks, so we don't have our cake or glass smashing caught on film- but that's not their fault it's mine. After we received our video I was not happy with the opening music and asked if they could change it- they were really accommodating and changed it along with a few small edits (I had them take out some of the fluff- statue shots- that I'm sure they put in to fill time since there was no cake cutting,etc) with no charge. They even asked for song suggestions to make sure we were happy with the final product.

Services Used: Videography

cant give a full review, have not gotten video back yet. will update in november.

Services Used: Videography

Thomas Hughes video is highly professional, nearly invisible which is great and very responsive!

Services Used: Videography

In less than a month after my wedding, THF produced a very high quality video of my wedding. The highlight was great and the full length was spot on. We are very pleased with our final product for what we paid and Darren, our videographer was a complete gentleman and inconspicuous all night.

I will say that if you are looking for more of an artistic film, THF is probably not the vendor for you. While they include some creative editing, the videos are fairly straight forward. We are fine with this given what we paid, most of the more artsy vendors are well above THF.

Like I said, we enjoyed our videos but were not blown away. However, we invested more of our budget into photography for this purpose so we we were well satisfied.

3.0

They were great, but you had to really stay on top of them. Get all details in writing and double check your package. They forgot to add a certain feature to my video, so I complained and they had to go back and do it again. Their quality is good and my husband loved that they shot and edited in HD. My friend also used them and got their basic package. She was happy with the result although her video took longer to get after the wedding than promised.

The videogrpaher was professional and was very discreet the entire day. I wished he'd been a bit more artsy with his shots, but I guess you can't try too many new things when you are doing standard videography.

People have asked if they should even get a videographer. My wholehearted answer is YES! I love my video and will treasure it for years to come.

Services Used: Videography

This company does excellent work. They filmed practically every aspect of our wedding. The part I liked the most was they were not annoying in your face. You practically didn't know they were there half the time. I look very forward to receiving our video shortly!

3.2

my mom LOVES THE VIDEO, My husband and I, like it but NOT AS MUCH. They definitely documented the event (Which is why my mom liked it), but its not very artistically edited, and they really didn't shoot from good angels we all look WORSE then we did in real life on the video, but in the photographs taken by everyone (snap shots from friends, and professional ones from the photographer) we look better ... was hoping the video would think about making people look good by not shooting from terrible angles! AFter all.. its a wedding not a home video. We did like the shots they got of us dancing and kissing.