The Z Mansion

(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.4 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love the Z Mansion! They made the process so easy and affordable. I was impressed with their customer service and professionalism. They work with the vendors so much that our wedding is going incredibly smooth. I am so pleased with the service and the family that owns the Z, they make everything so simple.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Jacquie Van Vleet
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved the Z Mansion! They made the process so easy and affordable. I was impressed with their customer service and professionalism. They work with the vendors so much that our wedding went so incredibly smooth. I am so very pleased with how everything turned out! A+

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Tia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I chose Z Mansion for my venue because my husband and I wanted a place that was classy but within our budget. Z Mansion offers many options and includes different things in one price so I didn't have to worry about paying all the vendors separately! I went to visit on one of their Wednesday night Open Houses, and I got to talk to several different vendors. I made my deposit, and then Em and Tom worked with me on setting up a payment plan, upgrading some specific services, and making sure everything was ready for the day. The other vendors I worked with, including the caterer and florist, made everything very easy. And how awesome to not have to worry about coordinating anything on the big day! I was completely comfortable and non-stressed on the day of my wedding, and I have the staff and vendors to thank for that. They all worked together to create a seamless experience for myself, my groom, our wedding party, and our guests. Thank you so much!!

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was prefect. Z Mansion was amazing. Being a busy grad student, it was nice to have choosen a venue that sets up everything for you-all I had to do was meet with them a few times and tell them exactly how I want things. Also, they set up a payment plan for me that made it easy for us to pay off the wedding on our own terms. The ceremony and reception was so beautiful! The lights on the trees, the gazabo, the fountain, the winding staircase-ahh so beautiful! It was a prefect setting for my vintage wedding. The train only passed a few times, and it actually added a more rustic feel. It was really cool. The vendors are also so sweet-food was amazing. Our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I am so blessed to have been married at the Z.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience with booking our daughter's wedding at the Z Mansion was exceptional. The vendors we chose were very helpful, accommodating and professional. They really made us feel the our wedding was the most important wedding they were working on and that is how the experience turned out to be. My daughter and I knew what we wanted and all the vendors we chose made sure our specifics were taken care of. The florist, All Party Solutions, Amelia and Sharon, created flower arrangements,linens, and decorations just as we asked for. All the extras the we provided were placed just as we asked. Working with our caterer, Rincon Market and Kelly, was like working with a friend. She knew just what we wanted and made it happen. We received several comments from our guests about how superb the food was, all the way from the appetizers to dinner and through the cake and dessert table. Unfortunately for future bookings and for the owners of The Z, Rincon Market is no longer a catering choice. The vendors, including Sheila with Bartending 101 and Jim with Bednarek's Music Works,act as wedding planners by organizing the rehearsal and ceremony, guiding us all the way. Wilson and Henry Photographer was also very professional taking many nice shots and spending many hours with us. We have given the Z Mansion a 5 rating all due to the exceptional services provided by the vendors. The owners were always quick to reply to our questions, but not always understanding of issues on the wedding day, but if you remember to deal directly with your vendors, you will be very pleased.

• Wedding: 03/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved having our wedding at Z Mansion. The location was both beautiful and cost effective. The vendors really do take care of everything for you!! Was awesome to have the wedding at this location, and to work with Sheila from Bartending 101, Kelly with Rincon Market, Jim the DJ, Amelia our "linen's lady" with allpartysolutions, and the Hill Family who so graciously let people treat their house like its their own.

• Wedding: 02/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the most amazing wedding thanks to all the vendors. The owners are nice. Tom is very social and easy to talk to. Em isn't as approachable and is kind of to herself. The vendors however are great! They ensure everything works perfectly and smoothly. The vendors took care of every detail, anything that was needed was taken care of. The bartenders, caterers, florist/decorator, the makeup artist, reverend, and photographer made sure that it was the most memorable day of my life. I have zero regrets or complaints. It was absolutely the most beautiful day of my life.

• Wedding: 10/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was married on May 22, 2011 at the Z mansion, and could not have been happier. Fom the very first day that I visited Z mansion I knew that this was going to be the place that I was getting married at.Tom, Em and the rest of the staff and vendors made me and my fiance welcomed and part of the family. I know that I will truly remember this as the easiest, happiest and most perfect day of my whole life.

• Wedding: 05/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Z Mansion is the best place to get married in Tucson! I was so impressed with how friendly and professional the staff (the Hill Family) was. They truly made everyone feel at home and relaxed! I love them, I love this venue, I had an incredible wedding day!

• Wedding: 02/29/2008
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We really feel like we picked a winner in Z Mansion. Not only was it an impressive historical site, but we wanted to break away from the boxy banquet hall type of venue. The Z Mansion suited our vintage-Americana themed wedding as well as our budget. The Z Mansion was one of the few venues we found that offered a variety of food, photography and other wedding-related vendors on site. They host a weekly bridal fair where you can meet, ask questions of and get more information from vendors available for your wedding, according to the package picked. It is an outdoor venue and they do offer large air conditioners to use as part of certain packages. As part of the packages, they desginate a day for your wedding rehearsal. We had a lot of out-of-town wedding party members and had to arrange for a different day, which was an extra $100.

The only other incident we ran into was the fact that the very first surprise monsoon of the year occured on our wedding day. I received a call from the Z Mansion and they were willing to change the set up of the wedding and ceremony to protect from the rain. I decided to have them set up for rain because the weather was so unpredictable and I feel like the set up took away from some of the ambience. There were not enough chairs to sit in during the wedding ceremony because they had already set them at tables on the balcony. Many guests were forced to stand. During the reception, tables were divided between the balcony and the carriage house area, making it difficult to visit with guests or motivate people to use the dance floor. It was our call to set up the wedding that way (for the rain) and I was told that it was a permanent decision beforehand. However, I did not realize how much it would impact the flow of the wedding.

I really, truly, honestly loved working with the Z Mansion. They made planning and organizing very easy for a busy bride and guests were blown away by the beauty of the house. It really is a hidden gem. I would just avoid the rain set up, if possible.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Z mansion is a beautiful venue to hold an event. I would suggest they get more vendors for decorating that will actually help brides through the process of picking decor, centerpieces, etc. the day of the wedding everyone was professional and helpful. I would overall recommend this to other brides.

• Wedding: 06/14/2013
Ana
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The most beautiful place for how much you spend. Everyone commented on how wonderful the place was. LOVED it!!! The people were amazing and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy!

• Wedding: 04/23/2006
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom and Em Hill are AMAZING. They went completley above and beyond. Every detail was thought of. SOmwhere they were not seen until we needed them. Right when we needed them -- I'd turn around and they'd be there. I HIGHLY reccommend tehm. The place was absolutely beautiful. All of the guests raved about how beautiful the venue was. I give them A+++. Some cards were left behind the night of the wedding, they called the next day and my mother in law went to ick htem up. THey really thought of everything.

• Wedding: 03/22/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very nice place, very beautiful, highly recommend!

• Wedding: 11/12/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Z Mansion was an incredible value in Tucson since we were looking for an outdoor venue, with greenery and an ease of planning process. The Z Mansion staff is professional and they work great together. I had a little trouble staying in touch with the DJ, however our wedding night went flawlessly, which is what really mattered. Also, linen pricing was miscommunicated but again, nothing too tragic. All in all, it's a great place to tie the knot if you're looking to have a more intimate and down to earth wedding. Thank you Z Mansion!

• Wedding: 03/07/2014
Angela
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I am appalled at whoever CLAIMS to have been married here on November 6, 2010 and have had a horrible experience. Nov 6 was the day I was married there and we had an absolutely fabulous experience, with the site and all of our vendors, as I am to understand the other bride married there that day experienced. If you don't have the cajones to post your real date, or God forbid complain to the vendors themselves, don't steal my date. I developed great relationships with the Hills and my vendors and would hate to see that ruined by someone hiding behind a fake date.
That being said, I want to say that my wedding here was perfect, but I did have to be an active planner (as it should be). You can't just sit back and expect any venue to plan your dream day for you. I saw so many brides there show up two weeks before their date to start planning...of course your wedding sucked, you didn't think about it until the last minute...that's not the Z mansions fault. But for the rest of us, the Z mansion is truly wonderful.

• Wedding: 11/06/2010
520-623-4889
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.3