The Winn Brothers Band

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

At the beginning of our reception, I told the Winn Brothers that they were the most important people there, and that was completely accurate. These guys simply made our wedding. Guests are still raving about them, months later, and looking out on that packed dance floor is one of my happiest memories. Not only are they musically talented, but they really know how to read a crowd. They played our requests, including some new songs they learned for us, and also supplemented the setlist with songs I wouldn't have thought of but the crowd loved. At times it almost felt more like a concert than a wedding, which is really what I wanted.

The dance floor was full the whole night with guests of every generation. At one point we even crowd-surfed! If a crowd-surfing bride and groom doesn't convince you to book the Winn Brothers, I don't know what will. :) It's also a total bonus that they are all super nice guys as well. I am so grateful that we were able to get them for our wedding & hope to dance to them again soon!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Wynn Brothers played our wedding on October 26 and were one of the absolute highlights of the entire event. They are, hands down, the best wedding band you will ever hear. Even before the event, they were great. Gordon, the lead singer, worked with us far in advance of the big day and was extremely helpful during the planning stage. He even came to the event site a few weeks before the wedding to participate in the walk-through.

We asked the band to learn a few songs for us, including our song by Sade. I have to say, when we went out there for our first dance, we were so impressed by their cover that we spent much of our first dance remarking to each other how good the band was. That set the tone for the rest of the night. I know it was my wedding, but I have never experienced such a great dance floor or enthusiastic crowd (INCLUDING all the parents and their friends). Yes, that is partly testament to our friends and family, but they were all reacting to the band and their incredible energy. It's not just that the band has a good attitude -- they do -- or that every song they play is one you know and love, it's also that they are top notch musicians. Yes, they played a bunch of great songs, but they also exhibited extremely impressive technical skills that had all of my musician friends with their jaws dropped. All of these factors combined such that, song after song after song, everyone was dancing the entire time. Before dinner, during dinner, after dinner. Everyone danced. The whole time.

Have you ever seen a wedding band finish and then have the crowd start chanting encore? That happened, too. We cannot recommend them highly enough.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had been struggling to find the right band for months when our wedding coordinator suggested The Winn Brothers Band. We felt strongly that we didn't want a cheesy wedding band, but packing the dance floor was critical to us: you won't meet a group of people who love to rock out on the dance floor more than our friends and family. We didn't get a chance to see them perform -- we hired them based solely on their phenomenal playlist and the effusive reviews people had given them. I have to say, second only to the decision to marry each other, it was the single best decision we made for our wedding day. Gordon and the band are AMAZING. They play a great mix of tunes that you won't necessarily hear at every other wedding. The dance floor was packed from start to finish, with people chanting "one more song" when they finally had to wrap up for the night. They also let me and my bridesmaids join them onstage for a rendition of the Miley Cyrus classic "Party in the USA," a truly glorious moment that made us all so happy. I've had so many people ask me where we found them and proclaim them to be the best band they've ever heard at a wedding. I could not agree more. Simply put, if you want your wedding reception to be the best party you've ever been to, hire The Winn Brothers Band!

• Wedding: 01/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

People cannot stop talking about how awesome this band was. We picked our wedding date around their availability and we would do so again in a heartbeat. People felt like they were at a concert and not a wedding and even at 11 am they had everyone on the dance floor playing a wide variety of music that everyone loved. In addition -- I asked for some very strange songs as my requests and they came through and sounded better than I could ever imagine. Having studied at a music conservatory many of the guests were trained musicians and well and were blown away at how awesome Gordon and the band was. Thank you so much guys!

• Wedding: 11/24/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winn Brothers Band was awesome. Everyone had such a great time in large part to the band. Many people commented that the band had a huge range of songs.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
Jill
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winn Brother's made our reception! They were truly fantastic. Our guests were dancing the entire night. Five months later and we are still getting compliments on how great they were. Easy to work with, open to our request list and were a lot of fun!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winn Brothers Band were wonderful!!! High energy, fun music, and they sounded great. can not tell you how rave reviews i got from my guests. They even offered to learn 3 new song if they weren't already on the bands play list. they were on time and so easy to work with. would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This band is amazing!!! They are a terrific dance band and had all of our guests begging for more!!! All ages will have fun and it's the most up-to-date group...we had so many people rave about them and want their information! You can't go wrong with this group...great for any venue! Just spectacular!!

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
Nancy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winn Brothers Band is SO MUCH FUN!

The Winn Brothers Band played a jazz trio during our cocktail hour and 5-piece band during our reception. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Gordon is so easy to work with and was very, very flexible. He helped us coordinate with the external audio company and also handled all of the introductions of the bridal party and toasts. They learned several songs for our wedding.

If you ask anyone who has seen them at an event in DC or at a wedding in the area, they will tell you that Winn Brothers is one of the best bands to have at your event. And they would be correct. They play to the crowd and get everyone out on the dance floor. I can't even begin to describe the energy they bring to an event nor can I recommend them highly enough.

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Probably the best wedding-related decision I made was selecting The Winn Brothers as our band. They aren't your typical cheesey "wedding band" and made our reception so much fun! Some of my favorite wedding moments were seeing all of our guests (many of whom had never even met each other before) on the dance floor just having a blast together. The band also invited me and a few of my friends to join them for Party in the USA, which was very fun! Their music variety is great, plus they learn three songs of your choice. Gordon Winn was also very responsive to all of my emails and offered me some great suggestions when I needed them. If you're looking to hire a live band for your wedding (and you definitely should!), you should contact The Winn Brothers ASAP!!!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winn Brothers are phenomenal! We had seen them perform at a friend's wedding so we knew what to expect: high energy, great songs (no cheesy "YMCA" stuff) and a great group of guys. And they more than delivered on all of our expectations. Their song catalog is very unique for a wedding band - they can do everything from classic rock to motown to pop hits. The lead singer, Gordon, even helped out my dad during his father of the bride toast by singing an old Irish song. They kept our guests on the dance floor and entertained all night. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winn Brothers were amazing at our September wedding. Everyone keeps raving about how much fun the band was and all our guests were up dancing the whole night. We had a blast during our reception and much of that is thanks to the Winn Brothers! Gordon was great to work with throughout the planning process and they were flexible with adding new songs to their set list for us, including our first dance song which they hadn't played before. I can't say enough good things about them and they also had more reasonable rates than some of the typical "wedding bands" we looked at. We booked the band before even hearing them play, on strong recommendations of friends, and when we did go hear them at a public show in DC we couldn't believe how lucky we were to have booked them for our wedding. We would strongly recommend them

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Annapolis, Maryland - Booking the Winn Brothers Band for our wedding was one of the best decision we made in the entire wedding planning process! Our wedding was over a month ago and our friends & family are still talking about how great the band was!

The Winn Brothers Band was so easy to work with during the planning process - they are so nice, professional, and accommodating. They helped us pick songs out for the big dances, and even learned a few for us! They were of course on time, and even stayed late... when the crowd started chanting "one more song!" They truly played something for everyone, and everyone loved every song they played!

A highlight of my wedding is when my twin sister and I accompanied Gordon and the guys for "Party in the USA". Yes - we got up there and sang with them (and we can't even sing)... that's how fun they are. All of our guests danced the night away, it was the most fun we've ever had together. It was so amazing to have my friends and family out on the dance floor together, all night. The night ended with "Shout" - another highlight of the night! The Winn Brothers are the perfect band - talented, fun, and professional. We simply could not have asked for anything else!

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After hearing the Winn Brothers play several times around DC, I knew they were the perfect band for our wedding. Booking the Winn Brothers Band was one of the first decisions I made in the wedding planning process and it was definitely the best - their energy, musical skill and playlist made the party. I was married in August in Villanova, PA (outside of Philly). Almost six months later, our wedding guests are still commenting about how fantastic the whole wedding was, and I can easily attribute much of that to the Winn Brothers. People were on their feet dancing for the entire reception, even through dinner.

The Band was flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process and working with Gordon was a breeze. I very much like that they do not use a third party manager and their pricing seemed very reasonable compared to other bands in the Philly area. We went with the seven-piece band option (added a sax and trumpet to their normal set). We also elected to have the Winn Brothers play our cocktail hour, which consisted of a trio playing soft jazz.

Our first dance was “Waiting on a Sunny Day” by Bruce Springsteen, a song that the band did not have on their list. They were not only happy to learn a new song, but also happy to allow my uncle to step in and do the lead vocals on that song. Other than the first dance and the other traditional dance songs (entrance, mother-son, father-daughter) I gave very little guidance on the playlist for the night. Our guests ranged widely in age and taste, yet every song the Band chose to play was perfect and brought the generations together.

It’s tough to describe in words how much fun the reception was, but as the bride it made me so incredibly happy to see that every single person at the wedding was having an absolute blast. My 80-year-old grandmother (who I have never seen dance) danced like crazy just about the whole night, as did nearly every guest. In fact, we’re still getting compliments from guests about how great the band was and how much fun they had at our wedding.

Overall, The Winn Brother’s Band made the reception a celebration that my husband and I, along with all 200 of our wedding guests, will never forget. Their enthusiasm made every song fun and their professional but easygoing nature made planning worry-free. I wholeheartedly recommend the Winn Brothers Band to make any event perfect.

We cannot thank you guys enough,
Anne & Peter