The Wildwood

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband & I were married here this past May and we could not have been happier! Our wedding consultant, Courtney, was so amazing, very open to ideas and changes, and completely reliable and on her game. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't change a thing!!!

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our Rehearsal Dinner at The Wildwood Inn in May. Prior to booking the venue my husband and I had dinner at The Wildwood and looked at several of the rooms to determine if this was the perfect place for us. We were so pleased that I decided to have the bridal party along with my Mom and Grandmother stayed there the night before the wedding. We also stayed there the entire day before the wedding to get ready and have some girl time! The Wildwood has such an intimate and romantic feel that my husband and I stayed there on our wedding night as well. I have redommended this venue to friends as either a venue for an event or just a place to get away for a night with your significant other.

Our coordinator was Courtney Adams and we could not have been more pleased with her service and the service of the entire staff. The food was excellent, the rooms are amazing, and the venue was the perfect intimate setting for our Rehearsal Dinner which was about 50 guests. Most have their Rehearsal Dinner at a restaurant, but we wanted to do something different and are so glad we did. Our guest's loved it and it is the perfect place for a wedding, rehearsal dinner, bridal or baby shower, business meeting, or just a night out at a nice restaurant with friends and family!

• Wedding: 05/06/2011
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

this place is beautiful for a small to medium size wedding. The wedding coordinators that work with you are amazing and made my day go so smoothly. Loved the professionalism!

• Wedding: 02/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter had her wedding at the Wildwood Inn in Denton a few days ago. Our experience was wonderful. The staff handled our every need with professionalism and patience. During the planning stages they worked with us to insure that we would be satisfied with every detail. They graciously handled our numerous phone calls and answered all our emails promptly and courteously. The wedding planner worked with us all day on the day of the wedding. She made sure that the wedding went off flawlessly. The outdoor evening ceremony and reception were right out of a fairy tale. The grounds looked beautiful and the dining room was the perfect setting for an unforgettable reception. The buffet was set beautifully and the food was scrumptious � our hats are off to the great work of the Wildwood chef. They went the extra mile to prepare special entr�es for the vegetarians in our families. This extra effort was greatly appreciated and made the evening more enjoyable for those who had special dietary needs. In addition, the bride and groom were able to enjoy a hot meal, thanks to the special preparation of their meal by the chef and kitchen staff. We cannot say enough about the wait staff. They attentively waited on everyone one in the room, weaving unobtrusively between tables and guests, making sure that we had everything we needed the entire evening. We are still getting emails from family and friends raving about everything � the facilities, the food, and the care given by the entire staff. The wedding was truly a special evening which will be remembered by family and guests for years to come.

In addition to hosting the perfect wedding, the Wildwood Inn of Denton is a great place to stay. My family booked rooms at the Wildwood Inn for the wedding. The three rooms were immaculate and well kept and beautifully appointed. The beds were very comfortable and conducive to a good night�s rest. While there were a great number of guests in the inn on our last evening, we did not hear a sound once our door was closed. I would certainly recommend the Wildwood Inn of Denton as a great place to stay in addition to hosting a perfect wedding.

• Wedding: 10/30/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married here and I believe that after the initial tour, we went back 3 times for going over the contract, a tasting and one the week before to go over last minute details. We met with multiple wedding coordinators and all of them were amazing. I swear I sent a hundred or so emails over the year between signing the contract and the day of. They answered all questions I had quickly and because of that, combined with their skills and experience, they made our big day go smoothly and I couldn't imagine it being any better. We had about 75 people and to my knowledge, everyone loved the food, setting and staff.

The night before, we had reserved (I think) 8 rooms. I stayed in room 7 (two queen beds) with 3 other girls and it was gorgeous, the bathroom was very nice, the beds were very comfortable and the overall space was good for 4 people + overnight luggage (5 would be a tighter fit but doable). The night after the wedding, my husband and I stayed in room 5. The bed was the most comfortable I had ever been in, it was extremely spacious, the bathroom (2 person, jet tub and separate shower!!!) was perfect (the 3 girls and I also used this room to get ready the morning of so there were a good 6-8 people in the room at all times and it didn't feel cramped at all).

The back area where weddings are held was beautiful. It is right next to a neighborhood but with the trees in the spring/summer, you can't see the roofs. There was plenty of parking for our amount of guests. It was easy for everyone to find off I-35. I really can't think of anything I didn't like about our experience.

Thank you very much to the owners and staff for such a great day/stay!

• Wedding: 05/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I booked a wedding package with the Wildwood Inn that included the ceremony and reception for 4 hours. It was absolutely perfect and my entire day ran flawless, thanks to Kendra and Lisa, the Wildwood Inn's wedding coordinators. They are there from the moment you book your event to the second your event ends to ensure everything runs as smooth as possible. I could not be more thankful. All the thoughts you have of chaos and stress on your wedding day doesn't happen if you book your event with the Wildwood Inn. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting an absolutely beautiful and intimate location, fantastic staff, and incredible food! I had more compliments on the food, and the buffet (part of my package) was never ending. The chef kept the buffet fresh and full during my entire reception (they don't believe in the concept that when the food is out, it's out). Lisa and Kendra (the wedding coordinators on the day of your wedding) are fabulous. They really help you by keeping an eye on thing like the time so you can get in allthe elements of your day that you wish, like when to toss the garter, or cut the cake, or first dance, or when to cue the music for the procession. I can't rave enough how greatful I am for all they did for us.

The Wildwood responded with the following comments:

Tara,

You are such a sweetheart, and we loved working with you just as much. Thank you for your review, and please do come back and visit us on your anniversary each year so we can see how you are doing. Happy New Year!!

-Lisa & Kendra

• Wedding: 12/06/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This Venue was amazing and the staff was helpful, professional, and went above and beyond call of duty. We had an open bar, a unique meal the chef came up with just for us, two beautiful cakes, and a venue that is Tuscan and beautiful on the inside and outside. We had an outdoor wedding and indoor reception. We got all of this for under $10,000! You will not find a better deal. I looked all over the Dallas area and this was the best deal for a beautiful venue, great food, and amazing staff!

• Wedding: 04/18/2008
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Amazing venue! It was perfect for our small wedding!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Fantastic! I loved everything about the Wildwood. The staff was so helpful and the day went of without a hitch! It was beautiful, and such a good value for the cost.

• Wedding: 06/04/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Courtney and Lisa were very helpful and took control of the event so that I didn't have to worry about anything.

• Wedding: 02/20/2010
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue. Food was fabulous. Cost was more than reasonable. Highly recommended!!

• Wedding: 11/23/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The Wildwood Inn took care of every aspect of our wedding for us. We had our wedding ceremony outside in the backyard and it was a beautiful and comfortable setting for our guests. It was a July wedding so the guests we set up under the patio cover with fans going. I heard no complaints. The only odd thing about the ceremony was that you are a little set back from your guests, but it was an otherwise very pleasant setting.

We also had our reception at the Inn and they did a great job of keeping the flow of the food and even making sure that we got fed! They were very flexible with whatever we needed or wanted to do. Anytime I had questions while planning they set aside time for me. Everything was thought out and planned. Their wedding planner, Julie, was fantastic and helped with every detail. She asked the right questions and gave good advice.

We also used this location for our rehearsal dinner as well and the food is fantastic! The chef is a really awesome guy and knows his stuff. I recommend if you are thinking about having a reception here to go have dinner in their restaurant and see what the food is like -- you won't regret it! Our guests were very impressed with the quality of the food. For us this was the perfect place to have our wedding because we only had about 75 guests.

An added bonus is that our guests could stay at the Inn and the night before the wedding it was like having all your family together at this huge house. My only complaint is that we did have a lot of family stay with us and since our wedding was a noon we had asked the Inn if it was alright if our guests who were staying at the Inn could check out after the wedding (about 4pm, but it ended earlier than that). They agreed to this, but I guess changed their mind half-way through our wedding so some of our elderly family had to check out of their room before our wedding was even over! If you have family stay, make sure you work this out with the Inn. I hope this was just a simple miscommunication error.

Their contract was fair and they followed it very carefully. They recommended other vendors for us (music, etc.), but did not have a list of only certain vendor we could use. I did get some recommendations on which vendors NOT to use which is great to know!

They provided us extra decorations, all the food, linens, and their wedding planning services (some of this was extra like different colored linens, but they were very reasonable). The only exception is that they contract with Candy Haven for cakes so you have to do cakes through them, but I did not mind that because it saved me some trouble of having to find a baker and the cakes were included in the price paid to the Inn. They are a good choice for the price and I feel like I got my money's worth.

Over all, Wildwood provided a great location, plenty of planning, and everything went fairly smoothly. I would recommend this place for anyone in the Denton area who is looking to have a wedding ceremony and reception.

* Another side note, before our wedding they had a food and wine tasting for couples who were going to have their reception there so you could try out the food. I don't know if they are still doing this but it might be worth mentioning. It was nice to try out the foods our guests would be eating -- and you get to talk with the chef and he's cool. :-)

• Wedding: 07/07/2007
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We knew when we walked into the Wildwood's open house in 2012 that this would be our venue. It felt like home. The staff is very courteous and they respond quickly to any questions you have (even if your wedding is over a year away). Myca was our coordinator and I couldn't have asked for a better go-to girl. She is very organized and suggests great ideas for layouts with seating and photobooths. We chose one of the buffet menu options and absolutely LOVED the Caprese Skewers... but all the food was excellent and our guests really enjoyed the food as well. I love that they bundle their services with Candy Haven Bakery in Denton as well, and when our guest list went over our quoted amount, they updated Candy Haven themselves... it was greatly appreciated the week before the wedding. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the Inn is very quiet. We would definitely recommend The Wildwood Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful yet affordable venue for their wedding.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very pleased with everything and everyone at the Inn. We live in Ohio and our daughter lives in Denton. She booked the venue in January for her April wedding and we worried about "putting a wedding together" in such a short time. But to the experience of Courtney and her crew there was not a single glitch or problem. We had the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony (outside) and the reception as well as renting all the rooms for 2 nights. The venue was classy, the food delicious (even the breakfasts!) and the staff handled everything with low-key aplomb! Nothing was a problem. Our guests, many from out-of-town had glowing remarks and said it was one of the nicest, warmest, happiest, prettiest and charming weddings they had ever been to. We would not have done one thing differently!

• Wedding: 04/02/2011
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

In January of this year my daughter and I visited the Wildwood Inn as a possible Vendor for her wedding. It was a cold, rainy day in Denton but this did not stop us from falling in LOVE with this unbelievable B&B. From the very beginning Courtney our event coordinator at the Wildwood was incredible as well as the entire staff. The wedding took place on 9/25 and it was a true fairy tale come true...Perfection. The food is wonderful and I promise will satisfy your appetite. We rented the entire Inn for the wedding and rooms as well...this was AWESOME....the rooms are simply divine and immaculate and beautifully decorated..I could live here! Whether you live in the metroplex and want a weekend or night get-a-way, in town for business, ballgame, etc.. host a party, wedding, shower or just dine at one of their fabulous dinners or brunch..don't miss this magical place. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B!! Beth

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was recently married at the Wildwood Inn and it was great! I had a very small wedding and the ladies were extrememly flexible with me on day of changes. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and I would definitely recommend it if you're having a smaller wedding. The only negative was that my wedding party never received their corsages, bouitineres, etc.....but for me, it wasn't a deal breaker. The rooms were also very nice,

• Wedding: 11/01/2009
940-243-4919
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards