The White Room

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Meghan and her staff at The White Room are amazing!! My husband and I could not have picked a more beautiful venue to have our reception. We did not have our ceremony there, but loved the loft and roof top space for the reception. It was great to have the use of the indoor and outdoor space. We were married in October and the weather was phenomenal! The night went so smoothly and the staff was with us every step of the way leading up to the big day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The White Room is a beautiful place to get married in beautiful St. Augustine. Being that were from New York having a beach type wedding was a dream come true. The food was excellent I cannot say enough about the food everybody raved about it especially that beef tenderloin!! Shannon was great to work with, very flexible and understanding to my needs/wants. Everything came together perfectly and she was very attentive. (: The only downfall I have is being able to talk to your event director when you want to talk to them and not a few days later.it's a great place for great memories if you choose this place you will not be disappointed!! Highly recommended!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The White Room was the first wedding venue we looked at.. Immediately fell in love! From the wood floors to the brick walls, it has such charm! We were married on the roof top at sunset and dined on the 3rd floor. The only negative of my wedding was the rain. We were suppose to have our reception on the rooftop as well, but the puddles did not allow. Obviously that's not the White Room's fault, though. They were very accommodating. They made the inside space seem so much bigger and our reception turned out perfect! The staff was AMAZING! Loved everything about the venue. We got soooo many compliments on our wedding, especially on the food! I'd get married there again if I could, haha! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Leah
09/25/2014

The White Room is just beautiful. We fell in love after one tour and knew this was the place. We held our ceremony and reception on the roof top. Gorgeous! The view was beautiful at night. The planning was such an easy experience with the staff. We had Shannon Walters as our wedding planner and she is fantastic! Between the beauty,elegance of the place and how they make the day pretty much perfect, I would recommend anyone to have their special day there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful wedding venue! Guests will gush over the facility. There is so much style already, decorating is easy.
I am a very particular person who makes lists & plans every detail. I do that in normally so my wedding wouldn’t be different. Let me preface with- everything was perfection on the day of. Meghan was attentive; she kept my groom & I happy, & even handled his Moms dress issue. Having a coordinator is worth it!!
BUT, communication leading up to an event is not amazing. The staff split work days & are out of the office a lot. So every time I would email, I would get an out of office message & the response would come two days later. That is tough on a particular bride. This may not bother a more laid back person but I figured this review could put someone else’s nerves to ease. Just because a location does this all the time & has great reviews, doesn’t mean I don’t want to know everything is running smoothly. In the end their reviews are right about the final product, but I would have appreciated more touching base & quicker responses during planning.
Meghan ran a great rehearsal & helped with family hiccups. She appeared out of nowhere on the day of & really kept the staff hustling. I appreciate her attention to detail & how she handled the things I said were a priority. She was warm and calm- everything a person like me needed on the day of.
The Tasting Event- do not let it get to you! The concept is lovely & lets you see different vendors & ideas. BUT- the food is nothing like what you will have on your wedding day! I was mildly panicked when we were leaving but a couple stopped us and said “Don’t worry, years ago we did not like the tasting at all but it was AMAZING the day of the wedding! Do the seafood bar!” So we did. We combined the one dish we liked from the tasting & added a couple stations. I have since heard that the tasting does not shine like the actual events do. Have faith- the venue, staff, and food will be wonderful.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
3.2

The White Room was beautiful on the day of and they were great at the actual wedding. They were also fantastic at the tasting.

I think I had my expectations a little skewed after the first meeting. I was under the impression that I would have a little more help and flexibility leading up to the event than I actually had.

HOWEVER, I think if the expectations are set-up correctly and you know what you are getting from them, you will be happy. The room is beautiful. The food is great. The people are friendly and all my guests have nothing but nice things to say about them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shannon Walter was our coordinator and she was wonderful to work with! She would respond very quickly and talk on the phone for any questions I needed answered! She especially helped us the day of our wedding when it tarted to rain we moved the ceremony inside and she got everything together perfectly in their "Little white chapel". . We didn't even know about the room and that it was available! It's beautiful and can be decorated pretty minimally to cut costs to look even more amazing! Overall our guests loved the ceremony location and reception hall! We had our wedding in the main room and it was perfect! The food was great and the wait staff was very kind! I would recommend the white room to anyone having their wedding in st.augustine! Beautiful place and great location!!!

Lindsay
06/28/2014

The White Room was amazing! The Staff was always so polite and attentive! Shannon, our coordinator, never minded my thousands of questions I had during the planning process! My Wedding went off without a hitch and that was thanks to her and the fabulous staff!! My wedding was truly perfect and I wouldn't change a thing! The White Room is beautiful, has the most delicious food and offers a fantastic view!!

Nataliya
06/01/2014

The White Room was a chic and beautiful setting for our wedding. Our event planner was Megan, and she did a fabulous job communicating with us (we were a destination wedding).
The WR staff really came through for us because our wedding was to be outside, but the weather made us switch to plan B. Megan kept an eye on the weather and our ceremony was set up in their gorgeous new chapel--Bella Blanca.
The event went on smoothly and everything was timed perfectly-- the storms outside didn't even matter!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Perfect and stylish venue! Meghan was our coordinator and was absolutely fabulous! She and the team made our wedding day run smoothly and stress free, even though we had to relocate the ceremony indoors due to weather. Everything went without a hitch, even though it could have been more stressful.

Recently Married

Great venue! My daughter and son in law were married there in the summer. They really accommodate the guests well. The wedding was in the Bella Blanca and the reception in the Loft: classy! beautiful! (and the food was great!)

Recently Married

The Food Was Fabulous We Got Compliment All Evening About How Wonderful Everything Was.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning

There is not one thing I would change about our reception at The White Room. Everyone LOVED the food and the ballroom was beautiful. Our coordinator was Meghan Berman and she was fantastic, handling all of my questions and requests quickly and professionally. I highly recommend her and The White Room to any future brides. They go above and beyond leading up to your event, but really shine with their day of services. Everything was perfectly timed and coordinated and I never once felt like I had to worry about the details. Meghan was on top of it the entire time and it made our wedding perfect. Thank you Meghan, I will miss working with you :)

KatNDJ
05/03/2014

The white room is not only breath taking but right in the center of the historic district with tons of things around it. It's a picture perfect setting and we couldn't have asked for it any other way. The staff is impeccably professional and helpful. We did everything via email since this was a destination wedding, and it went very smoothly. Shannon at the white room was awesome and I can't say enough good things about her involvement in our wedding. Thanks to b the v white room for a wedding that's is being raved about!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Danielle
04/25/2014

The White Room was beautiful! We did our ceremony on the rooftop and our dinner in the ballroom.The entire staff was amazing. They did an incredible job from start to finish. Meghan was our coordinator and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She is efficient and organized and made sure everything ran smoothly through the entire process. I have heard so many stories about wedding where people say, "I would have changed....." There is nothing I would have changed about our wedding day. Everything loved the food and had a wonderful time and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks Meghan!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin to tell you how happy we were with The White Room, from the beauty of the venue, to the amazing staff. Everyone was so professional (bartenders, servers, etc.) and I don't know what I would have done without the help of the wonderful coordinators, Meghan and Tessa. Meghan was right there for an entire year to answer every email and phone call, down to the silly questions or even repeated ones (bride brain!) and Tessa was like a personal angel the entire day of. She made sure everything went smoothly, including just talking with me and calming my nerves before it all began. BIG HUGS to both of those ladies! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding for us without The White Room. If we had to do it all over, we would choose them again and again!