The White Gown

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

I went to white gown yesterday as my first wedding dress experience and could not be any happier. My consultant was Marie and she helped me find the dress for me on my 1st visit. I gave her pictures of what I was looking for and although I had a budget of $1000 she worked miracles. I must have tried on about 10 different dresses (who knew that many beautiful dresses would be available in that price range in the city!) And she was attentive each time. She also brought dresses I would not have picked myself but I loved once I had them on. I left there excited and feeling like a beautiful bride to be. Everyone there is so attentive and they make you feel as though they are just as excited as you are. I definitely recommend anyone looking for their dress to visit the white gown, you wont be disappointed! !

1 person found this review helpful
[Private]

The consultant was very attentive and she picked out many different dresses in different price ranges but, never over the price I wanted to pay. She was very detailed and knowledgeable. She would explain the style and concept of each of the dresses that I tried on. I bought my wedding dress from this place. Since I was from out of state, and wouldn't have the alterations done there. She explained in detail the necessary alterations required.

1.0

NO bride should have to go through what I am going through. I am beyond disappointed with White Gown. I was assured that the dress I ordered was going to look a certain way. I spoke with the seamstress, Siobhan before ordering the dress about my concerns. She told me that I had nothing to worry about. When my dress came in, a different seamstress was assigned to me due to Siobhan's busy schedule. The seamstress was awful! She put huge safety pins through my dress, didn't listen to my concerns, and told me that the HUGE wrinkle running through my stomach area was being caused because I "wasn't standing up straight." I asked for Siobhan to work on my dress instead and I was told she was only available once a month because she had another job. No one at White Gown showed that they even cared about how upset I was. I expressed my disappointment and received no answers. When I told them that I wanted to take the dress to a different seamstress outside their facility, they were completely indifferent. This is every bride's worst nightmare. I have brought my dress to a seamstress and she was HORRIFIED by the guge safety pins that White Gown put through my dress. HORRIBLE experience!!!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Great experience trying on gowns here! I came with a specific one in mind, and that's the one I left with, but they were willing to show me several gowns and were very patient. Nice space as well.

Recently Married

The Wedding Gown staff did everything to help me find the right dress according to my budget and alter it so it was MY dress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I found my dress at The White Gown with the help of Marie, my bridal consultant. She was so patient and helpful. The service at the White Gown is impeccable

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I highly recommend visiting The White Gown and if you can, ask to meet with Marie. She helped me find the perfect wedding dress and veil within my budget. After initially purchasing the dress I came across the designer website that showed the style# in a different dress shape/style than what I had initially tried on and ordered... I contacted Marie to check with her and within 24 hours she had reached out to the designer and had gotten back to me to ensure that I would be getting exactly what I had wanted. I also had my alterations done at The White Gown and the dress ended up fitting perfectly on the big day. The service, responsiveness, and professionalism at The White Gown is excellent.

1 Review
Recently Married

The White Gown was the last of many dress shops that I visited on my search for the perfect gown. I am terrible at describing what I want in the perfect wedding dress, but they were able to pull the 2 BEST dresses for me in the first go! I could not even decide which one I loved more, they both felt like the PERFECT one for me! Needless to say, I loved how they listened to what I wanted!

Recently Married

Everything was wonderful! The personal attention is unbeatable! A special thank you to Shivan for all her help. She's amazing!

FutureMrsGarguilo
07/20/2014

I visited The White Gown back when it was located in DUMBO and though I miss having this little gem in Brooklyn, it is a wonderful bridal salon. The women there are so pleasant and helpful! I bought my dress over 1.5 years ago and my helper was Emily! I love love love Emily. If you want to find beautiful dresses and have a pleasant experience, this is the place!

Recently Married

This was the second bridal salon that I visited and I loved every moment of this experience. It is located in DUMBO Brooklyn and it has a very personal feel to the store. You are placed in your own room where your guest sit in your personal room as you try on dresses. The woman that assisted me was sooo helpful and never made me feel pressured in anyway.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I am a bride that was not truly excited to go wedding dress shopping. I am not your typical girly girl and have not dreamed of my wedding dress since I was a little girl...I was not sure how comfortable I was going wedding dress shopping in New York wedding gown shops and boutiques!

I contacted The White Gown to make an appointment and from that initial phone call they put me at ease. I made my appointment and before they got off the phone with me they just let me know that they were having a clearance sale that Thursday and Friday. I was originally not going to go to the sale but decided to stop by on my way to work.

I ended up trying on some of the dresses and everyone at The White Gown was amazing! They were so helpful in directing me in to the different styles they had available and what I had in mind. The sales women helping me brought over a dress that was not exactly what I thought I wanted but she thought it would look good on me. The dress zipped up and looked amazing and I fell in love! The sales woman was so amazing and helpful since I was there by myself...
The manager came over and saw me in the dress and brought over a sash that was absolutely perfect with the dress...the sash was not on clearance but the manager gave it to me on clearance because she thought it was so perfect together.

As I was leaving still in shock they helped me through timing on the few alterations that I would need (bustle, enhancing the sweetheart neckline). Once it was time for the alterations they were just as wonderful and responsive.
The element of customer service that sticks out to me the most is how wonderful and down to earth they all were. I was slightly intimidated shopping for a wedding dress in NYC. The White Gown were friendly, profession, and you can tell that every single one of them is passionate about helping the bride look absolutely beautiful on their wedding day.
I would recommend them to any bride!

Jacqueline
05/03/2014

This was actually the first shop I went to when looking for my wedding gown. At the time, this place was located in DUMBO, but they have since moved to midtown a few blocks from Grand Central. At first, I was not looking forward to trying on numerous gowns before finding THE ONE. Luckily, the staff was very attentive and listened to all my "wants" and needs. My best friend and I were shocked to find the dress during my first visit!

If your looking for a unique dress at a bargain price... go to the White Gown. You won't regret it!

JC
04/19/2014

I bought my dress from The White Gown and got it altered there as well.

I loved my dress shopping experience. I was so nervous and self-conscious going into it, but Emily was amazing to work with -- super friendly, patient, and never pushy. She also had a great eye and brought out some dresses in styles that I never would have considered on my own. In fact, I ended up purchasing one of those "try this and see" dresses.

For alterations, Slubia was also great to work with. She was very knowledgeable and with her experience working on all types of dresses, she was able to give me some suggestions on alterations (what to do about cups vs bra, for example).

My dress turned out lovely and the whole process was so enjoyable. Many thanks to The White Gown!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

From the moment I first walked in, I knew I would be able to find "my" wedding dress. I showed them some photos of dresses I liked, described the look I was going for, and the budget I was trying to stick with, and they quickly brought dresses that fit my description perfectly. Dress after dress, they let me take my time in seeing myself in it, seeing the different ways to style it to be my own, and how to make it look perfect for me. The dress I chose was everything I imagined I would look like on my wedding day, and the in house fittings made the process of getting it ready for the big day easy and seamless. I knew it was a hit, by the look of my husband's face when he saw me in it for the first time, and from all of the compliments I got from my guests. I wish I could get married again just so I can try on more dresses there!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The White Gown listened to what I was looking for and brought me dresses to try on that were an array of prices, but none of which went over my budget. I did not feel one speck of pressure to raise my budget in order to get what I wanted, like some other places out there. I ended up with the most perfect dress for myself. It was an enjoyable experience working with the staff and getting my dress altered too!