The Wedding Seamstress

The Wedding Seamstress

Wedding Shoppe and Alteration Studio

7550 Grant Place
Arvada, CO 80002 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Hair Accessories, Shoes, Veils
Quality of Service:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where to begin? DeeDee and her entire staff were such an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT from start to finish! I don't very often give a perfect score, however, in this case ... it is WELL DESERVED! As the Mother of the Bride and quite honestly ... stressing myself for the perfect fit ... anxiety can run high. Especially when you are trying to surprise your husband and your daughters on that ever so special Wedding Day. Everyone I dealt with was professional and CARING (something that seems hard to find these days). They helped calm my nerves, took the time to answer my questions, and offered many helpful suggestions .. even down to (as silly as this sounds) how do I hold this shawl thing? LOL. They are a busy little shop, but they make it work and you get that welcome "your family" feeling and one-on-one attention. My KUDOS to everyone at The Wedding Seamstress, you can bet on me referring everyone I know to you and when my other daughter gets married in the future. We WILL be back for another visit! Blessings and continued success to each of you!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not be happier with the quality of service I received. My dress is perfect.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deedee took my dress down from a size 10 to a size 2 and did an incredibly beautiful job. My dress fit like a glove, and I could not have been happier with the final result. On my final fitting we made 3 fairly significant adjustments. She listened to what I wanted and encouraged me to do what I felt comfortable with. She even spun me around a few times to make sure that everything would be comfortable when I was dancing. She showed me how to walk (not picking up my dress!) and how to sit in my dress at the reception.

Every time I can into the Wedding Seamstress for a fitting, everyone was organized, ready for me, and knew exactly what needed to be done.

I love Deedee's energy, her laughter, stories and insight. She told me a story about her own wedding, which I remembered on my day, and kept me from taking things too seriously and reminded me that the day was really about the two of us. Deedee has a very deep personal history, and if you take the time to get to know her you will appreciate her even more.

I couldn't be happier with my experience at the Wedding Seamstress, and if you truly want a master to handle your dress, you've found the right place!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Deedee and staff are beyond talented!!

I fell in love with a Badgley Mischka dress off a rack at a bridal salon in Denver. I thought it was a flattering fit for my shape but had some major concerns with maintaining the elegant shape of the dress with the alterations it would require to fit my 4'11" stature. I also wanted it be more glam. Deedee was EXCITED to be working with me and suggested that we add material to create a full trumpet element to the gown.

Each fitting made me happier than the last. Deedee and crew take every detail into consideration when making these alterations. I lost about 20 lbs during this process and each alteration accommodated these changes. Just today, I commented that the top was a bit lose. The dress was taken to the seamstress ON THE SPOT and brought back to me within 15 minutes.

I trusted Deedee to design my veil as well. She really understands the bride's vision and creates a gorgeous look, not just hems & bustles. While I said yes to the dress a while back, I didn't realize that I would be this happy with the final product.

If you want to work with a professional, talented, honest seamstress and team, visit The Wedding Seamstress.

Thanks a million, Deedee!! This was a phenomenal experience.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deedee and her staff are the EXPERTS when it comes to making sure your dress fits your body PERFECTLY on your wedding day. I have never felt more beautiful in a dress and I know it was because the Wedding Seamstress made the dress fit me!!! Her staff is friendly, the shop runs timely and the services are very reasonably priced for the incredible value!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so thankful I found The Wedding Seamstress. Every person I worked with was kind, professional and helpful. Deedee did an amazing job on my dress and at a very fair price. She is busy and is in and out quickly, but she was very pleasant and attentive, and she is amazing at what she does. I couldn't be happier with the service I received. Thank you all for your help and kindness, my dress came out beautifully and I would go back in a heartbeat for any future needs.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Booking my first appointment was easy - I sent an email and got a prompt response. They were flexible and happy to book out far in advance to satisfy my Bride-OCD-moment.

When I arrived they were very clear about their policies and expectations of me. All of my questions were answered and I felt like I was being treated fairly and with appropriate professionalism. They weren't overly bubbly or annoying like a lot of wedding vendors.

They took lots of photos and notes during the initial visit and when I came back to try the dress on 4 weeks later it fit perfectly. She had several suggestions for minor alterations that I think made the dress fit better than expected. She also made a really cool bustle that was easy to use.

After the wedding I put the dress up for sale and asked them for the actual measurements so I could post them and they gladly gave them to me.

I highly recommend this company!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved these guys, they were so thorough and really made sure that I was comfortable and could move easily in my dress after the alterations.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DeeDee and Justin are just amazing- I can not say enough great things about the quality and customer service that they provide. I had originally bought my dress at another store and The Wedding Seamstress was recommended for alterations. After arriving for my first day on the wrong day, in which the store was closed - DeeDee personally left a class she was teaching to meet me-for only a consultation appointment! She was friendly and helpful- even though I totally put her at an inconvienence. But wait- the service only gets better....2 weeks after dropping off my dress, I learned I was pregnant. Again, DeeDee came to my rescue! she offered ideas on how to alter the dress i had so it would be comfortable. she never tried to sell me a new dress. In the end, I opted to go with a new dress and tried on one of the Lola raw silk gowns- I loved it! I was expecting her to tell me it was thousands of dollars since I had tried on similar gowns at other botique stores that were $2000-$4000 dollars- but not this one ... it was less than $1000! and not only that, but DeeDee had already started hemming my old dress- in which she took out the hem so I could sell it in its original state and she credited me 100% of the alteration costs to my new dress. but the story continues...as my body continues to change over the weeks- DeeDee has worked with me several times to make sure my dress fits just perfectly. she has made extra time and scheduled additional fittings to ensure that come my wedding day I will be comfortable and the dress will fit perfectly. Both DeeDee and Justin have been friendly, helpful and professional. They have taken time to get to know me and what is important to me as a person in addition to the whole dress stuff. it just feels comfortable there- like working with family.

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would tell anyone to go here. Prices were about typical of what I expected and the final product was so perfect. I had some problems along the way and they were able to take my vision and make it a reality. They were honest and willing to try anything to make my dress perfect. I was so impressed and I'm so glad I went to The Wedding Seamstress with my dress!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I originally met with Deedee to discuss my wedding dress back in April 2013; however, walked away when a family friend (who is also a wedding seamstress) offered to alter my dress as a wedding gift. Flash forward to December, just 2 weeks before my destination wedding, and my dress was much less than perfect. I came crawling back to Deedee at The Wedding Seamstress, and she was nothing but accepting, and understanding. She completely helped turn my dress back into the vision I had when I first bought the dress. She put in so much time and extra effort to make sure my dress was absolutely perfect for my wedding day and never gave me any grief for only giving her a 2 week turnaround time :) She even practiced dancing with me to make sure everything moved and fit perfectly!

I originally made the mistake of assuming all seamstresses were equal, but after seeing what Deedee can do, it is obvious that she is a true expert in her field. If you are going to spend money on the dress of your dreams, it only makes sense to take it to the expert to get the final look you really want on your big day. You will be so happy that you did!

• Wedding: 01/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing!! Made my dress look perfect

• Wedding: 12/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deedee is brilliant! And she is not afraid to tell you what is possible. ..and what is realistic for your body shape and your dress. Plus the price is right! And my favorite part is the personalized attention I received from her and the staff. Truly a local business that the community should hold in high regard. Thanks for making me so beautiful on my wedding day.

• Wedding: 11/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Deedee while looking for a seamstress to fix what another seamstress (in Fort Collins) had done to my wedding dress. Since this was my first experience buying and altering a wedding dress, I didn't really know what to expect. The first seamstress botched take-ins under my armpits. Instead of taking in the hem all the way down to my hips, she only took it in in the armpit area. This caused the dress to bunch up in that area and look generally ill-fitting. She had also taken the original scalloped lace edge (around the top) and actually tucked it in where she hemmed, thus losing the lace edge altogether on both sides (!!!) I made the rookie mistake of going to this appointment alone and not really noticing the bad job until I tried it on to show a friend. It's amazing how you can overlook things like this in the excitement of it all. Being a budget-minded bride, I thought I could just accept it and told myself no one would notice on the day of (which is probably true). I put the dress on again and again and finally decided that I'd rather have it done properly.

So I read all these amazing review of Deedee and took my hot mess of a dress to her. I did end up waiting a bit in the front room before being seen (~15-20 mins), but I generally don't let that bother me. When I met Deedee, the first impression I got was that she was all business. She listened to my story, but had a grave look on her face the whole time. Admittedly, I was a bit intimidated. Thinking back on it, I'm guessing that she was frustrated with the terrible number that had been done on the dress in the first place and was contemplating how to fix it.

I picked my dress up today and I just could not believe the transformation. It fits like a glove and I once again feel beautiful in my dress. Deedee, you are a miracle-worker!

The Wedding Seamstress responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so happy that you are pleased with your wedding gown, as you should be, and that you are ready for your wedding day! Thank you again for letting me be a part of your wedding day!

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deedee is amazing! She can fix absolutely anything. She has altered 3 bridesmaid dresses for me as well as now my wedding and reception dresses. I trust her more than any other seamstress as this is her specialty! She always sees me personally, and has had to personally assure me that "everything will be alright" ... and it always is. She is very professional and definitely worth the money!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DeeDee has incredible talent. I showed her a picture of my dress, which was previously purchased in NYC, and she instantly knew the fabric they used, and went right to work in creating the most beautiful bolero to accent my wedding dress. I was nervous to get something custom made, and by a different designer, but DeeDee totally nailed it, listening to the few requests I wanted, too. I received so many compliments about the bolero, but the most important is the way I felt on my wedding day. It was exactly what I wanted, and I can't thank DeeDee enough!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Melissa
720-435-1004
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards