THE WEDDING CAKE SHOPPE

THE WEDDING CAKE SHOPPE

859 College St
Toronto, ON M6H 1A1 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan

(4.7 / 5.0)
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place has some of the best cakes and desserts EVER!! Cindy was very helpful in choosing the flavours for our wedding cake by giving us recommendations, and boy did they live up to their reputations! Our cake turned out soooooo stunning and delicious! We are looking forward to our first anniversary to take it out and enjoy more of it next year!

• Wedding: 11/29/2014
Alice
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was SO beautiful and just so delicious. Cindy did an unbelievable job recreating an image I had given her, and I could not have been happier with the result. She went above and beyond her wedding cake duties to also create the most imaginative and unique tree planting themed cake for a birthday which we also celebrated at our wedding. It was such a highlight, and she really worked with our judge to provide two unforgettable cakes, which were not only beautiful but also SO delicious! Would HIGHLY recommend this cake shop!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used the Wedding Cake Shoppe for a two-tier butter cream wedding cake for approximately 50 servings that we placed on a dessert table with some home-baked pies. We ended up choosing the baked raspberry cake with a lemon butter cream. The design was very simple, but that's what we wanted.

Our experience working with the Wedding Cake Shoppe was great -- we had no concerns and the final product was delicious. The ladies were very responsive via email and the final cost was competitive too.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Cake was better than expected and extremely yummy ! The sugar flowers were made by hand and were gorgeous! I had a vision in my head and they helped make it a reality :)
A big thank you to the wedding shoppe team

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our 3-tier round vanilla/vanilla cake was absolutely delicious, and it looked amazing! We worked with Cindy to customize a cake that perfectly matched our decor and theme and the result was perfection! We didn't want to spend a lot of money on our cake, so we were thrilled with the result. Next time I'm in their neighbourhood, we're stopping in for a cupcake :)

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow, wow, wow. Everything about this vendor was amazing! From first contact, cake tasting, correspondence, customization and especially the final product.

Cindy was always professional and prompt to reply. The price was less than some other quotes I had received. They were able to customize the cake to a picture without any added costs. My cake was beautiful!

They use natural ingredients and it makes a huge difference. This was the best cake ever and I do not really like cake!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014

It was exactly as I designed it. Delicious too

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
Michelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Wedding Cake Shoppe made our wedding cake and I cannot begin to describe how absolutely amazing it looked and even more importantly how incredible the different layers of cake tasted!! We were so happy with everything Cindy did for us! We received so many compliments! I would recommend the Wedding Cake Shoppe for anyone looking for amazing quality in the final product and service!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

DO NOT get your wedding cake here. We heard about this shop as the owner, Cindy, was in several cake competitions on the good network. We went for a tasting which was in cupcake form. We were happy and decided to go with Cindy immediately. After we had paid, communication was very poor. We assumed everything was okay. On the wedding day, the cake arrived. The flowers were sloppy and amateur, there were cracks in both the flowers, fondant, and fondant ribbon, and best of all, you could see fingerprint indentations on the cake. The cake was dry and was crumbling like crazy. And the cake stand... I've never seen a cake stand so filthy. The silver wasn't polished and it was beyond rusted. I was embarrassed when our event coordinator at the hall gave it to us, not thinking it was ours because it looked so dirty. We told Cindy how disappointed we were and she wiped her hands clean of the whole situation. She said she hadn't personally made the cake nor the delivery. And she also indicated that had we expressed our disappointment better, she would have offered us some sort of compensation.... When really all we did was approach her nicely about how much of a downer the cake was. There was no professionalism on her part. Indeed, the cake was the worst part of our wedding. It was the only aspect we were upset with. So save yourself the trouble. You may think you are paying for quality and brand because the cakes are really expensive, but the quality is sloppy and not up to par, and the customer service is horrendous.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cindy was amazing to work with, she did both our wedding cake and our favours. The cake was delicious, the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. I gave her a photo of what I wanted the cake to look like and she did it exactly right! The cake and favours were delivered on time and without any issues. I would recommend the Wedding Cake Shoppe for cakes, cupcakes and any other sweets! Cindy will work with you for what you need.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cakes not only look flawless, but they are also the best tasting cakes in Toronto! All of their ingredients are organic, and it definitely shows in the taste. I HIGHLY recommend them and I cannot wait to order for cakes in the near future. I will never go to anyone else!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
Fernanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you for your wonderful service! We ordered our wedding cake from The Wedding Cake Shoppe and everything was flawless. I sent them a photo of a cake I found online that matched our colour scheme and it was no problem for them. They reviewed the cake with us and were able to modify the flowers to match the flowers in the bridal party bouquets. They also provided us with a cake stand for the day. The cake tasted delicious!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cindy was absolutely fantastic and did a great job with our cake! I took her a picture of what I wanted, with some modifications and she followed the instructions to a T, and knew exactly what I wanted. Overall the final result was beautiful! Our cake was gorgeous, the cake topper was put on carefully, and the stand Cindy provided was polished silver, and shiny, and clean! Our cake looked fantastic at our head table, and the cake tasted great too! I would definitely recommend this store for your wedding cake, as the price is reasonable and the quality was fantastic! Not to mention her cupcakes are amazing too. :)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
nuffs87
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cindy is amazing. At the busiest stages of wedding planning she made things calm and fun. The taste testing was so delicious that we wanted to choose all the flavours. In the end we had the most perfect looking and tasting wedding cake ever! My new husband and I highly recommend The Wedding Cake Shoppe!

• Wedding: 09/30/2012
Jen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We simply LOVED our cake. Cindy thank you so much! We were thrilled and everyone delighted. We had a small wedding and The Wedding Cake Shoppe did a fantastic job creating our perfect cake! Thank you thank you thank you! Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Trying to find a wedding cake was a huge ordeal. We went to try tons of places but WeddingCakeShoppe had the most diverse flavours including Ferreo Rocher and Green Tea which we got.

The biggest problem with wedding cake shopping is that cost is so variable. It's based on the number of servings but serving sizes for all different companies were all different ! In addition, isnt that up to the venue itself web they cut the cake for you ? in order to correct compare prices for different cakes we had to price it out by square inch per dollar like true engineers. And WeddingCakeShoppe had the best value !

Working with Cindy was really easy. Calling was easier than email but when we met she guided us through and we found our perfect design.

The only thing was she told us we didn't need a cake topper due to the nature of the cake. But when we saw it , it was a lot more simpler than we had hoped. I kind of wished we had a topper but in the grand scheme of things didn't really matter.

Everyone loved the cake !

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
416-916-2253
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards