The Villa Del Sol

4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don't let the wedding event sheet scare you! This place is so flexible in wonderful budget friendly ways! Shawna was very reasonable and direct with us. The Mr. And I already loved the venue as it has a special place in our hearts as its in the heart of the city we fell in love.
The Villa Del Sol is not only perfect for our romantic dream wedding it has options that suit our needs and cater to making us feel at ease. I can not wait to see how this adventure unfolds but I have a great feeling about this place

• Wedding: 05/03/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married here and I cannot put into words how beautiful, magical, and well organized it was. It was seriously a DREAM. We looked at several historic venues in Orange and LA counties, and for the price VDS topped them all. Shawna was easy going and fantastic to work with - she walked us through the table/chair/linen rentals with ease and kept us on track in the months leading up to the wedding. We chose Cafe Hidalgo as our caterer and hired Dena David (the Cafe Hidalgo catering manager) as our wedding coordinator and that was pretty much the BEST DECISION EVER. We had so many compliments about the food and the venue and 100 percent thanks to Dena and Shawna our wedding went off without a single hiccup. Everything looked AMAZING. No matter how many beautiful photos you look at, nothing - NOTHING - does the venue justice when it's dark, you're sitting at your sweetheart table, the al fresco lights are twinkling, your guests are laughing and the candles are flickering. The only way to describe it is like something out of a movie. Perfect.

Besides how beautiful it all is, I cannot rave enough about how this place operates like a well-oiled machine. The other venue we were seriously considering was pretty DIY - a "here's the key, be out by midnight" type of situation. At VDS everyone works together to throw events almost every weekend. You can rest assured the tables and chairs will arrive. Almost every vendor we used knew VDS/Cafe Hidalgo/Dena by name. I literally would book someone, and they'd already know exactly where and when to appear on our wedding day. We absolutely loved this venue.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Omg loved my wedding venue! Such a romantic place! I went for a spanish, rustic, villa theme and let me tell you, everyone told us how beautiful the place was. You can easily switch up the feel of it, from an elegant wedding to a casual tropical theme as well. Its a very unique place where you can have your ceremony and reception, which saved us time and money. Shawna is the contact person for the venue, she was really nice and worked really well with Dena at Cafe Hidalgo who was our wedding coordinator and caterer. It made my job easier as a Bride to work with companies and women that work professionally and so accommodating to making the whole process easy.

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

When I walked into Villa del sol, i fell in love with the natural beauty of it. You don't have to do much to it as the place is gorgeous as is. It is a smaller venue, which was fine with me and my fiance (now husband) because we were planning on a small wedding and it worked out perfectly. The venue provides numerous wonderful wedding photo opportunities near the fountain, Hotel California sign, on the terrace etc. The venue director, Shawna stepped in half way through the process, as the original director quit, and didn't miss a beat! She was so down to earth and a pleasure to work with.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Villa Del Sol was the beautiful venue for our wedding. The space is beautiful, & based on the services provided (courtyard area & tables/linens/chairs) couples have the freedom & ability to select other outside vendors (flowers, cake, choice of several restaurants on site for catering). This is the place for couples looking outside of all-inclusive type venues. We had 120 guests & the space worked great. Would not recommend for larger guest lists (more than 150). The weather was warm, but the courtyard space was completely shaded for the reception. Would have added umbrellas to second balcony for cocktail hour since sun was still out at 5pm.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Erin
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The second my husband and I saw the Villa, we immediately fell in love with it. We wanted to have a wedding reception venue that was different from your standard golf course country club reception, and this was exactly what we were looking for. It was perfect for a summer wedding, and it looked absolutely beautiful at night when the al fresco lights turned on. We had 200 guests at our wedding, and they were comfortable and never felt too crowded because there is so much space on the terrace. All of our guest tables were downstairs, and reserved the upstairs for cocktail tables and the photo booth.

I highly recommend this venue! We absolutely loved it!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place is great for a medium sized wedding! We were planning on having a 150 wedding there, but turned out to be 120 and it was the perfect amt!!! IT looked amazing at night w. the twinkling lights, the band, the food our flowers! Everything was on point! The coordinator is really responsive, knows a lot and allowed to us to have a band as long as it ended by 10pm! Overall great experience, the bridal showcase is worth a visit! I loved this place because its has its own flair, its also outside w.out being too outside, like having to deal w. flies and stuff! ITS PERFECT! I thought it would be awkward that there are restaurants and business around the courtyard but no one really cares! Its great!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Adriana
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When first booking The Villa Del Sol, I fell in love with the place. The location is central and it provides amazing photo opportunities, which was a huge draw for me. The venue is visually stunning and does not require a ton of of decorations because of the natural beauty. However it is on the smaller side, our 95 guest wedding seemed to fit the venue perfectly. Although I am sure that they can make a lot work with the hallways too.
Aside from a few inconvenience, which I wont go into because I truly think they were isolated incidents, I am happy that our wedding was held here. Shawna the event coordinator was a great asset and really came through for us in the end.
Overall the cost is on the higher end, but it is one of the few Fullerton venues I found, so the cost was workable for me. If you are considering having a wedding here, I highly recommend going to one of their bridal shows, as they gave a great overview.

The Villa Del Sol is an oasis in the middle of Fullerton and provides an amazing background for small to medium wedding.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Theresa Bridget
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Villa is a wonderful facility that exceeded our expectations.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Jeff
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ruth and Shawna helped make my daughters wedding something we will smile about forever. Although there were moments of miscommunication, they worked with us in everyway to fullfill our wishes and keep things running smoothly.
Ruth went the extra mile to allow us to store wedding items in her office, deliver things early and accomidate special requests. They made what could have been a very stressful day run smoothly.
(Shawna and her assistant were life savers.) As the mother of the bride, they took care of the tasks that would have kept me from enjoying the evening and allowed me to be stress free knowing they were handled.
Stadium Tavern catered. The food was delicious and out guests loved every bite of it. Tom worked with us to make a menu that was full and delicious and within our budget. He provided plenty and even packed up the leftovers for the Newlyweds. (Which at 2:00 in the the morning was very appreciated!)
The whole evening was beautiful. Our guests were comfortable and had a great time. My daughter and her new husband are so happy and the whole wedding turned out better than we ever could have imagined.
Thank you again!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Sharie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I recently held our ceremony and reception at Villa Del Sol on 8/3/2013. It was beautiful and everything we could have ever wanted. The location is great, downtown Fullerton is very cute and it has lots of great boutiques and restaurants nearby.

Working with Ruth Davies (Director of Special Events for Villa Del Sol) was a breeze. She was always available to answer any questions, and I definitely had a lot! She even put together the 6th and final (a result of my OCD) table arrangement at 9pm the night before the wedding!

We chose Cafe Hidalgo to cater the wedding. This is not your typical wedding food; it was nothing short of amazing. They even made a special vegan plate for myself and a handful of our guests. Usually when restaurants don't specialize in vegan food, you basically get rice and veggies or pasta and veggies. Not at Cafe Hidalgo, my guests and I received a vegan enchilada with a cashew cream sauce, Spanish rice and beans. It was beyond delicious.

We also hired Dena David of Cafe Hidalgo as our wedding coordinator. I don't even have words special enough to describe this lady. She is sweet, friendly, organized to a T, and creative. I had a lot of DIY ceremony and reception decor items that her and her staff were able to set up for me, they even packed them up within 10 minutes at the end of the night and put them in our car for us! I didn't even give her a picture of what I was looking for; I guess just talking with me about my vision was all she needed. She was able to capture the exact look I was going for (bohemian, country-chic). She even threw little touches in there that we hadn't originally talked about that really just topped the whole decor look off.

If you are thinking about hosting your wedding here, do not hesitate. The price is right, the staff and catering is top-notch, and where else can you have an outdoor wedding reception until 12am in Southern California? Stop looking; Villa Del Sol is it!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding at the Villa del Sol was exactly what my husband and I wanted. Ruth was nothing but professional, helpful, upbeat, and was obviously willing to go the extra mile for her couples. Being from out of town, none of our guests had been to the Villa before, and they were blown away by it. It has that great California vibe while being beautiful and simple. I was completely satisfied with the service provided at the Villa as well as all of my vendors.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I recently had my wedding reception at the Villa Del Sol, and absolutely loved it! The Villa turns into an beautiful, romantic, secluded courtyard at night. We had so many complements from our guests on what great venue it was. Ruth Davies was really great to work with and was always quick to respond to emails and even encouraged texting for quicker responses. I would definitely recommend the Villa Del Sol to anyone planning a wedding or event!

• Wedding: 07/28/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Loved this venue for my wedding. Perfect outdoor venue.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was everything I wanted it to be, every little detail was perfect. We will be back to renew our vows here in 20 years!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue was stunning! From day to night. Ruth Davies, managed special events for the Villa and she was unbelievable! She answered any question I had within minutes via text or e-mail. She was super helpful; on the day of the wedding before I was going to walk down the aisle, totally forgot my dress was bustled for pictures. She asked if I wanted it like that and I freaked out and said no...she quickly took the bustle down 2 minutes before I walked just in time. Whew! Thanks Ruth your the best. Rest assure, one thing you will be certain about if you book the Villa is Ruth will have your back! ;) Another perk for booking the villa...you have it from 5-12am...that's a good amount of time, compared to other venues.
Also, I highly recommended you choose Cafe Hidalgo as your caterer. The service was exceptional and the food, as our guest described was really good considering its wedding food. Keep in mind- it is buffet but also keep in mind its served buffet- making it better than traditional buffet because you choose what you want and there is someone there to place it on your plate.
Lastly, for all the brides out there, I know you are at the top of your spending dollars but hiring Dena David from Cafe Hidalgo as the day of the.event coordinator is a must. She relieved so much stress for me. The ceremony and whole event wouldn't have ran so smoothly as it did without her. She knows the dos and don't of the venue. The decor was absolutely more gorgeous than I anticipated. She even arranged the flowers on my.cake and it looked amazing! Anything my fiance need she made sure we had, she even cut.cheese to eat with crackers because my.fiance was starving. She is absolutely amazing- you.have to hire her. Well worth the money. Overall, this venue was so beautiful great place to dance and just a great ambiance and is surrounded by amazing people who love their job! :) Thanks Ruth and Dena! You two are the best!

Anonymous
714-454-7723
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards