The Ultimate Bride

• Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The quality of service on the alterations of my daughters wedding dress was beyond exceptional. The only problem we ran into was the length of the dress was not discussed when it was ordered. It came in too long and could not be altered because of the kind of lace. We had to wear an extra slip under the dress(which they provided at no cost) to bring it out more and buy a higher heel to keep it from dragging. The young manager on duty was absolutely unapologetic. We were told we should have brought in the shoes she was wearing with the dress and that they probably assumed she was tall enough. Empathy goes a long way..!! We were absolutely boiling when we left the place and we are typically pretty laid back. You need to teach this young lady to listen and empathize. That's all we wanted. The lady who sold us the dress was great..and I'm sure this happens and would have otherwise not been so frustrating if handled otherwise.
Wedding: 12/01/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cara was my consultant and helped me stay on budget. She took what I liked into account and she introduced me to a variety of styles within my interests. She had me try on a dress I wasn't excited about while on the hanger, but I loved it on and I actually picked that one. I would suggest trying on everything they suggest since they are the experts and may see something you don't see. Unfortunately, I bought a dress from a new designer, Maggie & Shirley-the shop wasn't pleased with their quality since they had missed stitching and odd sizing on the bust. They demanded stitching and beading from the designer and my seamstress, Resy, was able to make it look like it was always perfect! I am convinced that if I hadn't gotten my alterations done there by Resy, my dress wouldn't have turned out as well. She was able to beautifully bustle an organza train and made the dress fit me like a glove. Be prepared to spend a bit of money (I spent over $300 on alterations as a package price), but it was definitely worth it. Resy even went to the fabric shop on her own time and got some pretty flowers to sew on my dress to camouflage some hooks she had to use for the bustle. She went above and beyond in so many ways...and she was hilarious and a total pleasure to work with! The only negative thing I have to say is that pricing for alterations are high (but worth it, in my eyes) and some customer services complaints-there were a few times when I had to look for someone to help me and had to wait quite a while to get helped in order to pay for things. This may be due to their recent move to a new location and getting settled, but when addressed the staff was attentive and very nice.
Wedding: 11/10/2012
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wow! Best place on the planet to get a dress! I LOVED that the staff really LISTENED to what I was saying in my description of a dress. I was very happy to simply provide a list of adjectives and then see what they pulled out--all under my $2500 budget! I thought I knew what I wanted and had been to 2 other places looking through the racks and trying dresses on, not falling in love with anything. At Ultimate Bride, I let the staff look through the racks based upon my descriptors, and I ended up liking pretty much every dress I tried on (none of which I likely would have chosen off the rack myself). One dress ended up being 'the one' and I knew it the minute I saw myself. After buying the dress, Rezzi did all of my fittings and she was the best! She made each visit fun, and the dress fit perfectly! I would not go anywhere else in St. Louis to buy a dress!!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  5.0

Private User 7 Reviews
The Ultimate Bride was perfect for me because they had many styles of lace dresses which is a style the specialize in. My bridal consultant was so helpful and really listened to the style and look I wanted for my day. I would highly recommend The ultimate Bride for any bride looking for a unique and stunning gown.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
My mother and I made three trips to the final two stores that had the two dresses in contention for my wedding. We ended up purchasing my dress from The Ultimate Bride due to its uniqueness and relatively more reasonable price when it was at its old location, but doing fittings at the new location on South Big Bend. Our sales associate was Sheila, who was very nice and patient with our many appointments. Our seamstress was Laura who did a very nice job. They have an alterations package that includes hemming, fit alterations, and pressing your gown - it was nice to have alterations in house. Overall, we had a pleasant experience and were happy with the dress in the end!
Wedding: 2+ years ago