The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

When we walked into the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, we immediately knew where we were going to get married! The attention to detail, the simplicity of the chapel with the grandness of the incredible ballroom made our wedding more beautiful than we ever could have imagined! Ray was so attentive, super helpful and wonderful to work with. Every single picture taken in the chapel or ballroom is gorgeous! Our wedding was everything we wanted and so much more, and it was all because of our perfect venue. I would recommend the Tybee Island Chapel 100% to anyone who is getting married! I promise, it will be perfect!

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

I have lived my entire life in Savannah, Georgia since 1953. I must admit when my daughter and son in law chose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, I was some what opposed. Some websites can be like a new movie advertisement showing all the good parts! So I made arrangements with Ray, the manager to visit the Chapel. As I type this email I am still smiling with happiness that that we used the Chapel!!!!! In fact my my enthusiasm after physically visiting made me even more excited about the main event! The place was amazing and the staff was even more accommodating! Ray and Carla made every step with emails, telephone and visits so easy and pleasant! They referred caterers and floral, which we choose Creative Catering and Harvey Design for flowers, they made the event even better! We chose a local band "Bucky and Barry" for music which completed the dream with a smile! The tears of a father walking his daughter down the aisle soon ended with the joy that the the Chapel, staff and vendors provided! Ray, Carla and Chapel thank you so much!!!
Allen Bonner

Tammy
03/28/2015

Working with Ray made the whole process of organizing our daughter's wedding that much easier. The location is perfect for a wedding. It was just stunning. And the night was a huge success!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

One of the top 2 best choices I made regarding my wedding! This setting is beautiful, and I couldn't imagine a better staff to work with. Ray at the chapel was incredibly helpful and sweet, and my wedding was flawless.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel was such a beautiful venue for our wedding ceremony & reception! Our guests raved about how gorgeous our venue was and loved the way it was decorated. Ray and the rest of the Chapel staff were so friendly and accommodating throughout our planning process and the day of the wedding. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and we are so glad we booked them for our wedding venue! -Melissa & Dusty

Jessica
03/20/2015

I fell in love with the chapel as soon as I walked inside. The architecture is its own decoration-- I didn't add anything except table cloths to the reception hall, and yet people still complimented us on how beautiful our wedding was. Carla and Ray are an absolute pleasure to work with! It may be expensive, but your guests just have to walk around the corner to the reception / cocktail hour, and there are SO MANY places to take great photos around the chapel!! I LOVED EVERY SECOND!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I spent my summers growing up in Tybee and when we got engaged, I asked my (British) fiance to come see what it was all about. He instantly fell in love with the island and with the chapel/ballroom (even though it wasn't built at the time!). Ray was absolutely phenomenal to work with - not sure the word "no" is in his vocabulary. He responded to emails within minutes, even on days where I know he wasn't "working" - but I guess in this job it's 7 days a week no matter what when it comes to crazy brides. Having the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour in one location made set up, clean up and everything in between flow perfectly. It's a venue that gives you that small and romantic feel - gives me goosebumps when I think about it. Loved having the Bride/Groom Suites to prepare in - made the experience so much more magical than getting ready in a hotel room or a bedroom. If I were to start the wedding planning process all over again - this is one of the many many things I would not change. Thank you Ray for being at our beck and call the day of and days leading up to - it was amazing!

Kayla
02/14/2015

We fell in Love with Tybee Island Wedding Chapel at first sight!! I was nervous about planning a wedding out of state but Ray made the wedding planning process Stress Free!! He was so helpful & quick to respond to all my wedding question needs!! Having the Ballroom just adds more to the Beauty of the venue. I loved the fact that our family & friends could all stay in one spot for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner & reception. All our guests are still talking about how Beautiful our wedding was & The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel played a big part in how Amazing our wedding day was. Big Thank You to Ray & Carla, you guys really are the Best!!

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! You were an absolute gem to work with! I wish you and Josh the best life has to offer!!
Always my best,
Ray

Karen
10/18/2014

Ray and Carla at Tybee Island Chapel were awesome and the venue was amazing.
Having the chapel for the wedding ceremony and the grand ballroom in one location was perfect.

Thank you Karen for taking the time to write this fantastic review. We loved seeing that Rikki and Dustin's Wedding was a featured Wedding in Savannah Magazine. It was a stunning day!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

They were the BEST to work with! Being from out of town and having to plan from afar, they were so awesome to work with. Ray would answer my never ending list of questions super quick all of the time. The chapel and reception hall are gorgeoussss!

Thank you Anna for taking the time to write this review!!

Katie
1 Review
08/31/2014

This was an absolutely beautiful venue and a perfect setting for our wedding!!

Ray was extremely helpful at all times. He responded to every email and phone call within 24 hours and usually within 12 hours. Including on his days off! He was knowledgeable about the venue and knew what worked best, but was flexible when I wanted something different. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my wedding!

Thank you so much Katie for writing this review. Also, thank you for sending the photo of you and Matthew in front of the Ballroom. I actually had it saved as my office desktop background for a while!!

Yolanda
08/16/2014

As a bride-to-be, you always want to find that perfect location to host one of your most memorable days/events. Well, I have to say, as soon as I pulled up to the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom site, I knew it was the place for me. The staff was very,very friendly and helpful. Carla was very helpful in making my wedding day wishes come true. And the facility itself was truly breathe-taking! I would highly recommend this location to every one I know. Not only was the facility just as stunning as the day I first saw it, but the set-up of the chapel and grand ballroom was just as I wanted it to be. I was very pleased!

Thank you Yolanda for taking the time to write this review. Your Wedding was Beautiful!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a destination wedding from 14 hours away could be stressful...should be stressful you would think! When we were deciding on a location for our wedding ceremony and reception, we were stunned when we saw the Tybee Chapel and Grand Ballroom. We immediately new this venue was the place that we would be married and celebrate with our family and friends. We so appreciated the fact that everything was a flat fee, tables and chairs were there and included and that our vendors from the area were not only familiar with the Chapel and their staff; but also love working with them- that says a lot! Ray is fabulous and was always available for our questions and concerns. Regardless of how many times we asked a question, changed our minds, or had a "freak out" moment when we thought we forget something- Ray was always calm and available with suggestions or pieces of advice. The venue itself is stunning and can be as dressed up or as dressed down as you prefer. Having the ballroom attached to it for the reception is great and our guests loved that they were in one place for the evening. Let Ray and the rest of the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel help make your wedding day everything you have always wanted it to be. We can promise that you won't regret it!! Ray- thank you again for everything you did to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Bailey. It was truly an honor to be able to work with you and Jeff! You all are a wonderful couple! Also, thank you for allowing us to use the stunning photography from your Wedding for the majority of our 2015 Advertising!!
Always my Best,
Ray

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment I saw the Tybee Wedding Chapel, I knew I wanted to get married there. The look and feel of the chapel was perfect for us. Every single part of the chapel is absolutely gorgeous! We loved the chapel and the look of the grounds. The bridal room was great for getting ready. We fit 8 girls comfortably while getting ready. The new Grand Ballroom was the perfect space for our reception. We had about 130 guests and everyone was comfortable throughout the night.
Not only was the space perfect and beautiful, but Ray Anaya made every part of the planning process easy. I considered having our wedding at another location prior to seeing the chapel but recognized their poor service before booking. From the very beginning, Ray was outstanding! He answered all of my emails within 24 hours (and there were TONS of them! Sorry Ray!). He paid attention to every detail for our special day and made sure everything was taken care of for us. He is truly great at what he does! Ray really is the best in the area and one of the many reasons the Tybee Wedding Chapel was so perfect for us! You really can’t go wrong with the Tybee Wedding Chapel – beautiful venue with an excellent staff!

Jessica, thank you so much for this sweet review. From the day we first met, I knew that you were going to be amazing to work with! I hope you and Jordan had a wonderful honeymoon and don't be a stranger! You and Jordan deserve the best life has to offer and I hope it is filled with many moments of celebration. -Ray

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can't begin to express how pleased and happy we were with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and their staff, especially Ray. He was amazing from the first time we visited the chapel up until the day of our wedding. As a local bride, I communicated with Ray frequently, and we visited the chapel numerous times. He was always more than happy to meet with us, and he responded to my emails immediately. We could not have been more pleased with our decision to get married at the chapel. Ray and the whole team at the chapel made the planning process a pleasant experience, and while there may have been other areas that we stressed about, the venue was never once a source of stress. The chapel is absolutely beautiful, and we were ecstatic about the new ballroom. We've been told by many guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. When asked how the wedding was, I respond with one word: perfect! This was in large part thanks to Ray and his team. They did so many things behind the scenes that I had no knowledge of until after the wedding. For instance, one of the groomsmen was missing his tie for the wedding. Unfortunately, he discovered this immediately before arriving at the chapel for pictures. I was told when Ray found out about the dilemma, he went to his car, found a black tie and gave it to our groomsmen. This may seem like a minor detail in the greater scheme of a wedding, but it sums up our experience with the venue and demonstrates exactly what brides can expect from them. If you're contemplating having your wedding at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, do it! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed spending the weekend on Tybee Island, and the chapel is the perfect venue! We can't begin to thank them enough for making our wedding everything we had dreamed of...and more!

Aww! Laura, thank you so much for this wonderful review. You are such a pleasure, and working with Brides like you makes work not seem like work. I love the photos of you and Bradley in the Sanctuary. I hope you all are doing well, and I wish the best life has to offer for you and Bradley! -Ray

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom was a truly magical place to get married! It is breathtaking. After seeing the chapel in person, I wouldn't settle on anywhere but here. The addition of the ballroom makes this a much larger venue and an all-in-one wedding site. We liked having separate areas for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We also had large areas for the bride and groom to prepare for the ceremony. We used these rooms to have our hair and makeup done and visit with friends before the ceremony. The large wooden beams and brilliant chandeliers make this an elegant venue.

Ray, the chapel director, is incredibly helpful and knows just what he's doing. I live 8 hours away from Tybee, and I never once doubted that the chapel would be less than perfect for my big day (5.25.14).He was quick to answer any questions and provide advice. There was a wedding the day before, but Ray had his team clean up and have the venue setup early enough where my team could get started on decor early the next morning.

I would suggest this venue for any bride. You will not be disappointed.