The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Value
Flexibility
Kayla
02/14/2015

We fell in Love with Tybee Island Wedding Chapel at first sight!! I was nervous about planning a wedding out of state but Ray made the wedding planning process Stress Free!! He was so helpful & quick to respond to all my wedding question needs!! Having the Ballroom just adds more to the Beauty of the venue. I loved the fact that our family & friends could all stay in one spot for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner & reception. All our guests are still talking about how Beautiful our wedding was & The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel played a big part in how Amazing our wedding day was. Big Thank You to Ray & Carla, you guys really are the Best!!

Karen
10/18/2014

Ray and Carla at Tybee Island Chapel were awesome and the venue was amazing.
Having the chapel for the wedding ceremony and the grand ballroom in one location was perfect.

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom responded with the following comments:

Thank you Karen for taking the time to write this fantastic review. We loved seeing that Rikki and Dustin's Wedding was a featured Wedding in Savannah Magazine. It was a stunning day!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

They were the BEST to work with! Being from out of town and having to plan from afar, they were so awesome to work with. Ray would answer my never ending list of questions super quick all of the time. The chapel and reception hall are gorgeoussss!

Thank you Anna for taking the time to write this review!!

Katie
1 Review
08/31/2014

This was an absolutely beautiful venue and a perfect setting for our wedding!!

Ray was extremely helpful at all times. He responded to every email and phone call within 24 hours and usually within 12 hours. Including on his days off! He was knowledgeable about the venue and knew what worked best, but was flexible when I wanted something different. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my wedding!

Thank you so much Katie for writing this review. Also, thank you for sending the photo of you and Matthew in front of the Ballroom. I actually had it saved as my office desktop background for a while!!

Yolanda
08/16/2014

As a bride-to-be, you always want to find that perfect location to host one of your most memorable days/events. Well, I have to say, as soon as I pulled up to the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom site, I knew it was the place for me. The staff was very,very friendly and helpful. Carla was very helpful in making my wedding day wishes come true. And the facility itself was truly breathe-taking! I would highly recommend this location to every one I know. Not only was the facility just as stunning as the day I first saw it, but the set-up of the chapel and grand ballroom was just as I wanted it to be. I was very pleased!

Thank you Yolanda for taking the time to write this review. Your Wedding was Beautiful!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a destination wedding from 14 hours away could be stressful...should be stressful you would think! When we were deciding on a location for our wedding ceremony and reception, we were stunned when we saw the Tybee Chapel and Grand Ballroom. We immediately new this venue was the place that we would be married and celebrate with our family and friends. We so appreciated the fact that everything was a flat fee, tables and chairs were there and included and that our vendors from the area were not only familiar with the Chapel and their staff; but also love working with them- that says a lot! Ray is fabulous and was always available for our questions and concerns. Regardless of how many times we asked a question, changed our minds, or had a "freak out" moment when we thought we forget something- Ray was always calm and available with suggestions or pieces of advice. The venue itself is stunning and can be as dressed up or as dressed down as you prefer. Having the ballroom attached to it for the reception is great and our guests loved that they were in one place for the evening. Let Ray and the rest of the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel help make your wedding day everything you have always wanted it to be. We can promise that you won't regret it!! Ray- thank you again for everything you did to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Bailey. It was truly an honor to be able to work with you and Jeff! You all are a wonderful couple! Also, thank you for allowing us to use the stunning photography from your Wedding for the majority of our 2015 Advertising!!
Always my Best,
Ray

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment I saw the Tybee Wedding Chapel, I knew I wanted to get married there. The look and feel of the chapel was perfect for us. Every single part of the chapel is absolutely gorgeous! We loved the chapel and the look of the grounds. The bridal room was great for getting ready. We fit 8 girls comfortably while getting ready. The new Grand Ballroom was the perfect space for our reception. We had about 130 guests and everyone was comfortable throughout the night.
Not only was the space perfect and beautiful, but Ray Anaya made every part of the planning process easy. I considered having our wedding at another location prior to seeing the chapel but recognized their poor service before booking. From the very beginning, Ray was outstanding! He answered all of my emails within 24 hours (and there were TONS of them! Sorry Ray!). He paid attention to every detail for our special day and made sure everything was taken care of for us. He is truly great at what he does! Ray really is the best in the area and one of the many reasons the Tybee Wedding Chapel was so perfect for us! You really can’t go wrong with the Tybee Wedding Chapel – beautiful venue with an excellent staff!

Jessica, thank you so much for this sweet review. From the day we first met, I knew that you were going to be amazing to work with! I hope you and Jordan had a wonderful honeymoon and don't be a stranger! You and Jordan deserve the best life has to offer and I hope it is filled with many moments of celebration. -Ray

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can't begin to express how pleased and happy we were with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and their staff, especially Ray. He was amazing from the first time we visited the chapel up until the day of our wedding. As a local bride, I communicated with Ray frequently, and we visited the chapel numerous times. He was always more than happy to meet with us, and he responded to my emails immediately. We could not have been more pleased with our decision to get married at the chapel. Ray and the whole team at the chapel made the planning process a pleasant experience, and while there may have been other areas that we stressed about, the venue was never once a source of stress. The chapel is absolutely beautiful, and we were ecstatic about the new ballroom. We've been told by many guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. When asked how the wedding was, I respond with one word: perfect! This was in large part thanks to Ray and his team. They did so many things behind the scenes that I had no knowledge of until after the wedding. For instance, one of the groomsmen was missing his tie for the wedding. Unfortunately, he discovered this immediately before arriving at the chapel for pictures. I was told when Ray found out about the dilemma, he went to his car, found a black tie and gave it to our groomsmen. This may seem like a minor detail in the greater scheme of a wedding, but it sums up our experience with the venue and demonstrates exactly what brides can expect from them. If you're contemplating having your wedding at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, do it! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed spending the weekend on Tybee Island, and the chapel is the perfect venue! We can't begin to thank them enough for making our wedding everything we had dreamed of...and more!

Aww! Laura, thank you so much for this wonderful review. You are such a pleasure, and working with Brides like you makes work not seem like work. I love the photos of you and Bradley in the Sanctuary. I hope you all are doing well, and I wish the best life has to offer for you and Bradley! -Ray

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom was a truly magical place to get married! It is breathtaking. After seeing the chapel in person, I wouldn't settle on anywhere but here. The addition of the ballroom makes this a much larger venue and an all-in-one wedding site. We liked having separate areas for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We also had large areas for the bride and groom to prepare for the ceremony. We used these rooms to have our hair and makeup done and visit with friends before the ceremony. The large wooden beams and brilliant chandeliers make this an elegant venue.

Ray, the chapel director, is incredibly helpful and knows just what he's doing. I live 8 hours away from Tybee, and I never once doubted that the chapel would be less than perfect for my big day (5.25.14).He was quick to answer any questions and provide advice. There was a wedding the day before, but Ray had his team clean up and have the venue setup early enough where my team could get started on decor early the next morning.

I would suggest this venue for any bride. You will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with the wedding chapel was a breeze. They went above and beyond. We live out of town so we had a lot of questions about the community. Ray and Carla were very helpful with everything. We loved my venue and will never forget our experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this venue is for weddings. There is not one area or view that doesn't take your breath away. The chapel and ballroom have so much character that I felt like I didn't even need to decorate. My photographer even said that she has never had so many beautiful areas to photograph and that she couldn't decide what to choose with the limited time we had. You have the chapel, the ballroom, the porch, the marsh and a beach, literally across the street, to choose from. And if the venue itself doesn't sell you immediately, wait until you meet the staff. The staff is out of this world. All my e-mails were returned within a day or so (most times immediately), even on weekends. The staff was always so kind and helpful regardless of how big or petty the issue may have been. The location of my rehearsal dinner shut down unexpectedly a month before our wedding (which has no affiliation with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel) and the chapel/ballroom was already booked for the night we needed. The staff offered a whole e-mail full of suggestions and offered assistance looking for new venues. Not because he had to, but because he's just that nice. They will honestly bend over backwards to make your wedding day perfect. I cannot put into words how important this is and how much it means when planning a wedding. To have such kind and wonderful people surrounding you during this special time is immeasurable. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I cannot give the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel enough stars.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Carla and all of the staff. Janie Ussery and Chris Cantrell had their wedding their on Saturday, April 19th and it was fabulous. The Chapel is a beautiful venue and my daughter fell in love with it the first time she saw it two years ago. I knew that was where we were going to have the wedding from that point forward, even though we still went to other venues.

Prior to the wedding date they added the Grand Ballroom and that made it even more extraordinary. With wonderful sound system, colorful up-lighting on the ceiling and beautiful touches everywhere, we couldn't have had a better place for the reception. We were able to accommodate all of our guests with table seating and still had space for a few high top tables to stand around.

Carla and Ray were wonderful to work with for the entire time as we were making all the plans. Carla set the floor plan so many times I think they must have every configuration possible on file now. LOL! Carla was there during the rehearsal and all the way through to the end of the wedding night when she finally said goodbye. She was dedicated and thourough on everything she did and was ready to do whatever she could to make the day special for the bride and groom. We were thrilled with the Chapel and everything they had to offer for that very special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.” Love gave me a fairytale, and Tybee Wedding Chapel gave us our fairytale wedding. We knew from the minute we walked in The Chapel that this was the place we wanted to celebrate the most important day of our life thus far. My husband and I feel incredibly honored to be part of the Tybee Wedding Chapel legacy!

The venue is absolutely stunning! Having everything in one place was easy on our guests, as this was a destination wedding for us, and the majority of our guests. The venue is very versatile – we went for a modern theme, but the possibilities are endless. Likewise, we were encouraged to select any vendors we wanted, so I was able to tailor this space for my own vision. The vendor flexibility also helps when working within a budget. The value is also a plus – the venue needs little decorating and includes tables, beautiful chivalri chairs, four large floral arrangements, and an amazing venue coordinator!

I do not know how I would have gotten through the wedding planning process, especially from Kansas City, if not for Venue Coordinator Ray Anaya. Ray promptly answered a million questions for me, gave fantastic vendor recommendations, and probably measured every square inch of The Chapel for me. He also helped us find beach houses for my family (Case Verde) and the bridal party (Captain’s Lady). We like to think of Casa Verde as our home away from home now, and many of our wedding pictures were taken there. Ray has a calming, professional personality that was a breath of fresh air for an extremely detail-oriented, stressed out bride. He truly has a talent for his work!

It is 2.5 months later, and I am still in complete awe. The pictures and wedding movie are perfect – everyone who sees them comments on how beautiful and unique The Chapel is. This is a place we will come back for many years to come, and that hopefully we can bring our future children to see someday!

Private User
1+ year ago

Absolutely beautiful place. They made the day perfect

Private User
1+ year ago

The place was beautiful and they were extremely attentive to my needs on the big day.

Samantha
11/01/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and staff! I would highly recommend this venue to my best friends! Ray and his staff are supportive, flexible, and helpful throughout the entire process! It was a blessing to work with them! The Chapel is beautiful and could be decorated to fit any type of wedding. However, it is such a beautiful place that decorations aren't even necessary! The grounds are also well-kept and beautiful! My husband and I both agree that Ray and the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel exceeded all expectations we ever had! Thank you for a wonderful day!