THE TRACY CASTLE

• Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I contacted the Tracy Castle in a desperate situation. It was late November and my family had no where to go for Christmas Dinner. I had attended a birthday party for my Grandson earlier and that was such a great experience with a bouncy house in the indoor racket ball court and the kids having plenty of room to run around I started thinking this would be a great place to have Christmas Dinner. You see I am from a family of six children and now that we are all grown up with children and grand children of our own there was no one house we could all be together. So I contacted Josh and asked if he would rent us the lower half for our Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day. To my surprise and delight I received a phone call back saying that it would be there treat to allow us to all be together Christmas Day. We had full use of the kitchen, tables, chairs and we brought our own food and dinner ware. They were all very professional, the place was open and ready for us when we arrived, everything was clean and neat and we had the place from 10 am to 5 pm. I want to thank Josh and his family for checking on us throughout the day to make sure we had everything we needed, even though it was Christmas day. Everyone there made us feel welcome and at home this was a great experience that my family will never forget and will now be making this our Christmas Day Dinner location each and every year.
Wedding: 12/25/2013
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
This vendor humiliated me and my wife on our wedding day. Our contract was not completed in terms or what we agreed they would prepare leading up to the day and many items we had paid for on our date were simply forgotten, with no apology or any sign of remorse. A few of the staff live there and they wouldn't even pick up dirty clothes or vacuum the whole of the venue.

The state of the property was the single biggest complaint. Many areas we cleaned ourselves and others we had to multiple times nag the staff to clean but many were not taken care of at all. Before dinner was my father removed dishes with old food on them, the whole area was dusty, and most rooms had beer bottles in them right up to the start of the event. even the speakers that your are required to use are worn out causing them to spike and sound flat.

I cannot begin to stress enough how poorly this venue delivered on it's promise. Once they have your money they start making excuses on why what you paid for is no longer possible or will take just a little longer.

The one thing that they did a good job on was the food. Admittedly they did not provide everything we had been promised, and in small portions of what they had, but it was tasty and well presented. This was however over shadowed both by the lack of items we expected and the fact that TWO of my guests, separately, got to listen to their staff complain to them about the hassle of the wedding and about their wages. Seriously?! This is typical of the casual behavior we got from the castle and was not at all appropriate for what we paid for.

I could never recommend them to anyone.
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
The Dark Ages of the Castle are back! Old videos and DVD's handed out suggest that this place was once a nice place to get married. However now that Josh, the old coordinator/customer service is gone, the only thing left is the Venue. The Venue is pretty, but there is a ton of baggage that comes along with it. Unfortunately I know from personal experience. I only wish my wife or I had read the reviews before making our first visit. One positive thing is they are no longer false advertising with their old website, but they still claim to be an all-inclusive venue. You can ask about the prices of things such as: Flowers, Cake, Food and even give them your budget; they will tell you $2000 or $2500 for the Venue, give you information on the cost of their food, and explain you can negotiate and pick out what works with their vendors at the "Friends of the Castle" meeting. That's where they spring all sorts of hidden fees, when you are already committed with a deposit and expected to pay half of the total wedding the day of the meeting. You either continue at that point or walk away. I'm suggesting to everyone to walk away.

I don't know what happened in the past, but I know now since I just got married that they don't delivery on all these services that they promise and charge you for.

www.tracycastletruth.webs.com

Thankfully our wedding night we stayed at Carbon Country's Shady Rest, where they were great hosts and worth every penny. we found they do weddings too. I would much rather recommend them in this area. http://carboncountrysshadyrestbandb.net/
Wedding: 10/02/2010
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Photography, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 360-332-1906
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire