The Thayer Hotel at West Point

Value
Flexibility
Anthony
01/03/2015

Everything from the hospitality to the way the room looked on the day of the wedding was everything my wife and I could dream of and more. The people that work there were always smiling and very welcoming. Our cocktail hour was in a bridal suite away from the actual cocktail hour and I've been to weddings before where they have forgotten about he wedding party and there was no food. Not here, there was so much food we all had to stop eating because no one would have been able to move out of the room when the time came. I recommend anyone to get married here because not only is it worth evey penny, but the historical value and what that place represents is a selling point in itself

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Kate
12/13/2014

My husband and I got married at The Thayer Hotel on 12/13/14. What an amazing day! Having grown up in the area I was already familiar with their well-known reputation and their amazing Sunday brunch. I contacted The Thayer Hotel 6 months before our wedding after having a contract already signed with Bear Mountain Inn. We wanted to switch venues because of the poor service being provided by the Bear Mountain Inn. We initially worked with Lorraine in Sales, she was very helpful and accommodating to us with our 6 month timeline. We met our wedding coordinator, Joanna at our food tasting, which we were able to invite up to 4 guests. Awesome! Our food tasting was great, my husband, my parents, and I were very impressed with the food and wine selection. Joanna was extremely helpful during the weeks leading up to our wedding. She was responsive and always responded to my emails and phone calls promptly. She really knew how to make a bride feel at ease during the stressful weeks leading up to the wedding. We had a lot of out of town guests that came into town for the weekend. Working with the Thayer Hotel with the room block was seamless. Guests found it easy to book their rooms online by using the wedding block link. The beginning of our wedding weekend, my husband and I were faced with devastating news of my husbands father passing. It was unexpected and something we couldn’t have prepared for. Joanna and the Thayer Hotel staff were kind hearted, and sympathetic while providing first-class service during such a emotional time. With so many guests visiting from out of town, my husband and I chose to continue on with our wedding events. We took wedding photos in the lobby of the Hotel, which was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Everything from the cocktail hour to the farewell cookie bar was amazing. Our guests are still talking about what a great weekend they had at the Thayer Hotel. We’re so thankful we made the switch to Thayer Hotel!

Alyssa
09/13/2014

The venue was absolutely beautiful. Our coordinator Stacey was professional and extremely responsive throughout the process. All of the food was so delicious! I would recommend everyone to choose the Thayer for their events.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Diane
08/09/2014

We recently hosted our daughter's wedding at The Thayer Hotel and I cannot express our joy at how beautiful and perfectly executed the event was. Some guests thought magic was in the air, but I know that the staff of The Thayer worked very hard to create a seamless and wonderful experience for us and all of our guests. Throughout the yearlong stage of long-distance planning, our catering manager, Stacey Jones, exemplified professionalism, kindness and elegance and patience. Her experience in coordinating major events was evident and she helped us greatly. On the days of my daughter's rehearsal and wedding, Stacey and her staff were proactively and quietly working behind the scenes to take care of our every wish. We also had the pleasure of hosting 120 out of town guests who stayed at the hotel and raved about The Thayer, its staff and its ambience. The wedding went off without a glitch and the majority of our 170 guests have told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Many thanks to The Thayer and it's wonderful staff!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Choosing the Thayer Hotel as our wedding reception location was an easy decision as soon as we first arrived. Where to start.....working with Lorraine was a pure pleasure. She was always willing to answer my calls and work with me even months before the wedding when I know she was swamped with a number of other weddings; she never let me feel like I was second to anyone. We had a pretty large wedding and many guests staying over. The reservation team was very pleasant to work with and dealt with hundreds of our family and friends. We ended up having 68 rooms in total. Our wedding guest took up most of the hotel and no one complained to me about anything! It proves that the Thayer was very professional and can handle some stressful situations. We had our rehearsal dinner in a private room (Hap Arnold Room) with family and bridal party on friday night and it was delicious food, helpful service and a great time. The day of our wedding, the girls hung out in our suite and had breakfast delivered and everything was seamless (on the bride's part ) 15 minutes before the groom was supposed to leave for the ceremony, he realized he did not have a bow tie or suspenders! Lorraine was ON IT and quickly fixed our mini disaster and had a bowtie and suspenders ready for him and he was on time for photos and the ceremony! Then our reception was in the George Washington Ballroom. Everything set up exactly how I wanted it, the room looked gorgeous. Again, Lorraine was so helpful with organizing everyone's entrance and making sure we had everything we needed. The reception was absolutely perfect The next morning, we had a breakfast buffet for our guests. Again it was all perfect and delicious. I am short on words I have left, but I would recommend anyone to have their wedding weekend at the Thayer and they will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a FANTASTIC time at our wedding! All of our guests are still raving about it! The Thayer was an amazing venue, great food, great service and very flexible to work with. It was a pleasure!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so pleased to have had my wedding at The Thayer Hotel - everything was absolutely gorgeous and completely stress-free. Stacey Jones is the BEST! I can't say enough great things about her professionalism, organization, promptness, and attention to detail. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and morning-after brunch at the hotel (our wedding was at the Catholic chapel) and the food was amazing for all three meals. The staff was attentive and accommodating all weekend, and everything went so smoothly - from checking guests into rooms, valet parking, transportation to the wedding ceremony, and handing out our welcome bags. We had a fairly large wedding (about 150 guests) and booked 54 total rooms, so I was shocked that there wasn't at least one hitch throughout the weekend! Not to mention we got married on Mother's Day weekend, which is a busy time for the hotel as they are known for their Mother's Day brunch. My friends and family cannot stop talking about the location - The Thayer Hotel is the perfect mix of scenic, historic, classic and romantic. With such an exceptional staff, it was simply a quintessential wedding venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation
Dinesh
04/19/2014

Ours was a different wedding than a typical American one, with a Cocktail Reception on the first day followed by a Hindu and Muslim style wedding the next day.

The Thayer Hotel was a real gem that I happened to find by chance and I am really really glad that I did. A historic location with beautiful vistas, The Thayer Hotel provided all that we wanted - A brilliant location, amazing rooms and a complete destination experience.

Stacey was one of the most warm people I have ever come across and she was there whenever we wanted to meet. Very responsive and organized, she worked with us around everything that we wanted. Having our names being displayed on the hotel's main display board was a very touching gesture.

I wish Stacey and The Thayer Hotel all the very best and hope they have more Indian weddings in the future!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't know what I can say that would express my satisfaction with the Thayer and Stacy . The food was the absolute best! And, we had a blast at the tasting. The hotel staff could not have been more accommodating and could not have been more fun. The location, views, food, staff, and Stacy will make your day nothing less than perfect.

So I have mentioned Stacy a few times already, and, that is because she is the most kickass person in the wedding world (only because that is how we know her)! She is the most pleasant person you will ever deal with and she will do everything she can do, in order to get what you need/want. Stacy could not have possibly done more to help us; she also is so quick with her replies (via email or text), you will not be disappointed.

Overall, our guests are still talking about the wedding after three months. We had guests from Ireland, India, Japan, and across the states. For two of our international guests, this was their first time in America and we could not have picked a better way/location to welcome them!

Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding at the Thayer was absolutely wonderful! The food was great, the staff was excellent and working with Lexi was easy and stress-free! I have no complaints!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start by saying The Thayer Hotel is extremely lucky to have Stacey Jones as one of there wedding coordinators! Stacey was an absolute pleasure to work with and made sure everything last detail was PERFECT for our wedding! We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony outside and the views and atmosphere were breathtaking. The food, I am still hearing compliments about the mashed potato bar, the ballroom, the guest rooms, and the entire staff at The Thayer Hotel helped to ensure our wedding day was unforgettable. If you are looking for a venue with amazing views and exceptional service, look no further than The Thayer Hotel! Tara and Nick

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

The Thayer Hotel is a beautiful setting for a ceremony. It overlooks the Hudson River and the photos that we took @ trophy point and @ the bridge across from the stadium are priceless. Stacey our wedding planner was the best! She made sure everything was in order and made sure that everything would be right. If you are looking for the best scenic views for your ceremony, you need to take a look at The Thayer Hotel. You will not be disappointed. Stacey, thank you again for everything that you have done for us! We will not forget it! Best Wishes,

Stan & Leslie

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Thayer Hotel, June 2013, was nothing short of perfection! From the views, to the service, to the food, to the wonderful planning and coordination from Lexi, we couldn't have asked for anything more. Our guests are still talking about how "it was the best wedding they have ever been to". Thank you again Lexi and the entire Thayer Hotel staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hotel Thayer offers brides and grooms an incredible and grand setting, delicious food, well-appointed rooms, professional staff who make the entire process stress-free, and wow factor views, for an unforgettable wedding experience!!! Only an hour from NYC and most northern and central NJ locations, and nestled in the beautiful Hudson Valley region, the Thayer offers you all of the perks of a destination wedding but close to home!

If you want wow factor, the Thayer is the place! We were lucky to have a sunny day and were able to wed outdoors. Had it rained, we would have been married in a spectacular ballroom in front of walls of windows overlooking that spectacular view. We saw the venue in late fall, had our tasting during winter after a snow, and married in late spring when everything was in bloom. The Thayer was beautiful during every season!!!

Everything about the Thayer is perfect! The food was absolutely delicious (and how many foodies do you know who can say that about wedding food). Our ballroom was grand, but tasteful (it wasn’t some glitzed out wedding hall that looked like every other ballroom you have seen). Our rooms were beautiful, comfortable, and all of our needs were met by the friendly and professional staff. The views of the river, the surrounding grounds, and the spectacular natural setting, is truly hard to match—let alone top. But what truly sets the Thayer apart is Stacey J. While I am sure all of her colleagues are also extraordinary, we were lucky enough to have Stacey as our wedding point person. She is a delightful, charming, kind, and lovely person! She is an incredible professional so I have no doubt that she made every bride feel special, but I felt as though I was the only only person she thought about for months leading up to that day! But so did my husband! She made our wedding day so incredibly special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jane and I cannot say enough positve things about our entrie four day destination wedding at West Point and The Thayer Hotel. This was a destination wedding for almost all of our guests who started to arrive on Thursday before the Saturday wedding due to their desire to see "The Point" as well as staying at The Thayer. The professional staff, represented by Stacey Jones as our event planner, went above and beyond to make our day truly special. Their collective attention to detail was incredible, coupled with unbelieveably great food and views of The Hudson (along with great weather) made the entire experience "over the top. Our many friends, family and co-workers raved about their entire very positive experience. Highly recommended as you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Stacy Jones waw the absolute best to work with. I was an out of state bride in California and was so happy with her extreme professionalism and helpfulness to all my questions and to keeping track of all details needed to make the wedding ceremony and reception go absolutely smooth. Everything was in place as we had discussed, and she helped direct things at the rehearsal and even morning of the wedding to make the wedding go off perfectly. She's very pleasant and easy to work with. I am so grateful to have had a person like her to make sure my wedding day went as planned. And as far as The Thayer Hotel, it was absolutely a perfect venue. The outdoor ceremony had such a fantastic view of the Hudson River. The reception also had a gorgeous view overlooking the river. The food was fantastic. My guests mentioned how the cocktail hour food was good, and very plentiful, and the reception had delicious food. I was also happy with the cake vendor that they use, and I also was very happy with the DJ on their list of recommended vendors (Tom Destry). I used an outside vendor for the florist (Angel Wedding Works) and they were great. I rented an arch from them which they decorated beautifully, and with the stunning view of the Hudson River as a backdrop, you can't beat this utterly amazing setting. We loved our whole day and couldn't have been happier with The Thayer Hotel.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake