The Thayer Hotel at West Point

Value
Flexibility
Anthony
01/03/2015

Everything from the hospitality to the way the room looked on the day of the wedding was everything my wife and I could dream of and more. The people that work there were always smiling and very welcoming. Our cocktail hour was in a bridal suite away from the actual cocktail hour and I've been to weddings before where they have forgotten about he wedding party and there was no food. Not here, there was so much food we all had to stop eating because no one would have been able to move out of the room when the time came. I recommend anyone to get married here because not only is it worth evey penny, but the historical value and what that place represents is a selling point in itself

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Alyssa
09/13/2014

The venue was absolutely beautiful. Our coordinator Stacey was professional and extremely responsive throughout the process. All of the food was so delicious! I would recommend everyone to choose the Thayer for their events.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Thayer Hotel. The staff was absolutely wonderful and always courteous to us and our guests. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and the ceremony and reception were carried out exactly as we has hoped. Our guests loved the rooms at the hotel as well. It was a wonderful weekend for both of our families!

Diane
08/09/2014

We recently hosted our daughter's wedding at The Thayer Hotel and I cannot express our joy at how beautiful and perfectly executed the event was. Some guests thought magic was in the air, but I know that the staff of The Thayer worked very hard to create a seamless and wonderful experience for us and all of our guests. Throughout the yearlong stage of long-distance planning, our catering manager, Stacey Jones, exemplified professionalism, kindness and elegance and patience. Her experience in coordinating major events was evident and she helped us greatly. On the days of my daughter's rehearsal and wedding, Stacey and her staff were proactively and quietly working behind the scenes to take care of our every wish. We also had the pleasure of hosting 120 out of town guests who stayed at the hotel and raved about The Thayer, its staff and its ambience. The wedding went off without a glitch and the majority of our 170 guests have told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Many thanks to The Thayer and it's wonderful staff!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Choosing the Thayer Hotel as our wedding reception location was an easy decision as soon as we first arrived. Where to start.....working with Lorraine was a pure pleasure. She was always willing to answer my calls and work with me even months before the wedding when I know she was swamped with a number of other weddings; she never let me feel like I was second to anyone.
We had a pretty large wedding and many guests staying over. The reservation team was very pleasant to work with and dealt with hundreds of our family and friends. We ended up having 68 rooms in total. Our wedding guest took up most of the hotel and no one complained to me about anything! It proves that the Thayer was very professional and can handle some stressful situations.
We had our rehearsal dinner in a private room (Hap Arnold Room) with family and bridal party on friday night and it was delicious food, helpful service and a great time. The day of our wedding, the girls hung out in our suite and had breakfast delivered and everything was seamless (on the bride's part )
15 minutes before the groom was supposed to leave for the ceremony, he realized he did not have a bow tie or suspenders! Lorraine was ON IT and quickly fixed our mini disaster and had a bowtie and suspenders ready for him and he was on time for photos and the ceremony!
Then our reception was in the George Washington Ballroom. Everything set up exactly how I wanted it, the room looked gorgeous. Again, Lorraine was so helpful with organizing everyone's entrance and making sure we had everything we needed.
The reception was absolutely perfect
The next morning, we had a breakfast buffet for our guests. Again it was all perfect and delicious.
I am short on words I have left, but I would recommend anyone to have their wedding weekend at the Thayer and they will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a FANTASTIC time at our wedding! All of our guests are still raving about it! The Thayer was an amazing venue, great food, great service and very flexible to work with. It was a pleasure!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so pleased to have had my wedding at The Thayer Hotel - everything was absolutely gorgeous and completely stress-free. Stacey Jones is the BEST! I can't say enough great things about her professionalism, organization, promptness, and attention to detail. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and morning-after brunch at the hotel (our wedding was at the Catholic chapel) and the food was amazing for all three meals. The staff was attentive and accommodating all weekend, and everything went so smoothly - from checking guests into rooms, valet parking, transportation to the wedding ceremony, and handing out our welcome bags. We had a fairly large wedding (about 150 guests) and booked 54 total rooms, so I was shocked that there wasn't at least one hitch throughout the weekend! Not to mention we got married on Mother's Day weekend, which is a busy time for the hotel as they are known for their Mother's Day brunch. My friends and family cannot stop talking about the location - The Thayer Hotel is the perfect mix of scenic, historic, classic and romantic. With such an exceptional staff, it was simply a quintessential wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thayer Hotel made my wedding reception absolutely perfect! I was blown away by the attention to detail and their attentiveness to every single one of my guests. Everyone felt completely comfortable and were greeted with the utmost respect. The food was amazing and was served with perfection. I had the privledge of working with Stacey Jones and was so happy with how at ease she made me feel. My "thousands" of questions to her throughout the year were answered graciously and attentively. My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Thayer Hotel that night and never had to worry about one thing during our entire time there.

Dinesh
04/19/2014

Ours was a different wedding than a typical American one, with a Cocktail Reception on the first day followed by a Hindu and Muslim style wedding the next day.

The Thayer Hotel was a real gem that I happened to find by chance and I am really really glad that I did. A historic location with beautiful vistas, The Thayer Hotel provided all that we wanted - A brilliant location, amazing rooms and a complete destination experience.

Stacey was one of the most warm people I have ever come across and she was there whenever we wanted to meet. Very responsive and organized, she worked with us around everything that we wanted. Having our names being displayed on the hotel's main display board was a very touching gesture.

I wish Stacey and The Thayer Hotel all the very best and hope they have more Indian weddings in the future!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't know what I can say that would express my satisfaction with the Thayer and Stacy . The food was the absolute best! And, we had a blast at the tasting. The hotel staff could not have been more accommodating and could not have been more fun. The location, views, food, staff, and Stacy will make your day nothing less than perfect.

So I have mentioned Stacy a few times already, and, that is because she is the most kickass person in the wedding world (only because that is how we know her)! She is the most pleasant person you will ever deal with and she will do everything she can do, in order to get what you need/want. Stacy could not have possibly done more to help us; she also is so quick with her replies (via email or text), you will not be disappointed.

Overall, our guests are still talking about the wedding after three months. We had guests from Ireland, India, Japan, and across the states. For two of our international guests, this was their first time in America and we could not have picked a better way/location to welcome them!

Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding at the Thayer was absolutely wonderful! The food was great, the staff was excellent and working with Lexi was easy and stress-free! I have no complaints!

1.3

We have had some problems, but hope to get them fixed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start by saying The Thayer Hotel is extremely lucky to have Stacey Jones as one of there wedding coordinators! Stacey was an absolute pleasure to work with and made sure everything last detail was PERFECT for our wedding! We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony outside and the views and atmosphere were breathtaking. The food, I am still hearing compliments about the mashed potato bar, the ballroom, the guest rooms, and the entire staff at The Thayer Hotel helped to ensure our wedding day was unforgettable. If you are looking for a venue with amazing views and exceptional service, look no further than The Thayer Hotel!
Tara and Nick

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

We had all of our wedding events at The Thayer in August 2013: rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception, and newlywed breakfast. Both of us were extremely pleased and couldn’t have asked for a better wedding weekend!

The staff at the Catering Office, who coordinate weddings at The Thayer, are friendly and professional. They went out of their way to accommodate our every request, and our wedding was organized perfectly. All of our events went smoothly and began exactly on time just as we wanted.

Our guests loved the food, and complimented the friendly service. There were so many food choices for our wedding cocktail hour and reception, as well as our rehearsal dinner and newlywed breakfast, and we were able to get exactly what we wanted.

Those who slept overnight at The Thayer loved their luxurious accommodations. All of our guests were impressed with the Gothic style architecture of the historic hotel, the glamorous entry foyer, and the elegant and timeless furnishings and decorations of the rooms where we held all our wedding events.

We both have nothing but positive things to express about wedding weekend at The Thayer, and we recommend it to everyone!

K&C

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

The Thayer Hotel is a beautiful setting for a ceremony. It overlooks the Hudson River and the photos that we took @ trophy point and @ the bridge across from the stadium are priceless.
Stacey our wedding planner was the best! She made sure everything was in order and made sure that everything would be right. If you are looking for the best scenic views for your ceremony, you need to take a look at The Thayer Hotel. You will not be disappointed.
Stacey, thank you again for everything that you have done for us! We will not forget it!
Best Wishes,

Stan & Leslie

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Thayer Hotel, June 2013, was nothing short of perfection! From the views, to the service, to the food, to the wonderful planning and coordination from Lexi, we couldn't have asked for anything more. Our guests are still talking about how "it was the best wedding they have ever been to". Thank you again Lexi and the entire Thayer Hotel staff!