The Terrace at the Waters Edge Lighthouse

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place was just fabulous and wonderful. I could not be happier with their service. They made my day so special and took such good care of us. They go that extra mile to make you happy. The room was beautiful!!!!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Water's Edge Lighthouse was amazing, and I loved working with them!

They were easy to work with ahead of time via phone and email. My parents, husband, and I went there to try the food one day, just before we secured the venue for our rehearsal dinner, and the food was delicious. They were so kind, and took us on a tour of their 2 rehearsal dinner spaces. Because of the number of guests, we had to be in the Terrace (which is so beautiful!).

The day of the rehearsal dinner, they treated my then fiancé and I like a king and queen. They made sure we had a drink in hand, asked if we had enough to eat, and they even let us take some food to go for my husband's grandfather, who couldn't make it to the dinner. They don't actually allow that, so it was very sweet of them to let us take a few containers to go.

When we left that night, we had that strange feeling we were forgetting something. We were getting married at The Glen Sanders Mansion the next day, so we were worried we wouldn't have time to pick anything up. They let us know that if they found anything, they would bring it over to the mansion personally to be sure we had everything we needed. So sweet!

The staff is great, and I would definitely recommend them for your big day, for your rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, baby shower, or anything else! True joy to work with such lovely people. :) They make your day a breeze!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Water's Edge Lighthouse is the perfect place to hold your wedding reception!
My husband and I looked at a few places before visiting the water's edge- but this was our last stop. Everything about this venue was absolutely amazing. It is so naturally beautiful inside already that you do not need to overdue it with decorating!

From start to finish- Rit and his team did everything they could to help us make our choices easy and fun, there was no stress involved with planning the wedding reception there, and Rit was very flexible. There were so many food choices and in the end people had nothing but good things to say about how everything tasted amazing. On the day of the wedding- Rit had to be out of town but his team still worked flawlessly and made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it!

The Water's Edge was the best decision we could've made for our wedding venue, everything was very affordable and well worth it!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give 10 stars in each category, I would! Rit and his team are phenomenal. Not only was the terrace beautiful and the food incredible, but Waters Edge was extremely affordable for our budget. Rit was very flexible on what we wanted and our budget. Before the event, you know after leaving meeting him that everything will be great - but we were wrong. Everything was PERFECT! I don't know if it's even possible, but somehow our wedding reception at Waters Edge with Rit, Susan and the rest of the amazing team was perfection.

Our guests are still raving about the food and the service. Susan made sure that my husband and I had everything we needed before we knew we needed it. She made sure we ate and had time to ourselves in between chatting with our guests. I asked randomly if the vegetable potstickers were vegan, thinking that my vegan MOH would enjoy the delicious appetizer, and two moments later, Rit let me know the next batch would be.

We were blown away with everything. We couldn't wait to write this raving review hoping more couples will choose Waters Edge and Rit for their wedding because every married couple should be this happy with their special day.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the first (and last) place we looked at when figuring out where we should get married. The Terrace had everything we were looking for! Beautiful outdoor setting, a gorgeous reception area and several packages to choose from (all of which were extensive yet still budget friendly).

Rit and his team did not miss a beat the entire night! The food was delicious, the service was outstanding and the room decor (all set up by Rit & his team) was exactly what I had in mind. We're still hearing from our guests how they just loved everything about The Terrance!!

In addition, Sue (the Inn Keeper) made herself available to myself at all hours of the day and all my vendors. She, along with all the other staff, where there to make sure we had an amazing experience. And, let me tell you, that is EXACTLY what we had!!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Terrace at the Waters Edge was amazing! The building is only a few years old so everything is new, clean, and modern. Also, there are a ton of windows facing the river and an outside terrace for people to hang out on. Rit and Sue were both wonderful. I was nervous in the beginning because I didn't have any written contract so I wasn't sure what to expect but everything worked out perfectly. It was also very reasonably priced and the food was outstanding. We couldn't have asked for more from a reception venue!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
Services Used: Catering
518-370-5300
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire