The Summit Conference and Event Center

4.3
Crystal
12/13/2014
3.2

Though the hall is beautiful and big the cost and the value is not the greatest. There are a ton of hidden cost so be sure to read the small print if you are looking at this venue. They will charge for everything and you only get an hour to decorate and set up in the middle of your wedding day!

The Summit Conference and Event Center responded with the following comments:

This review is quite unfortunate. This bride was uncomfortable with the cost of our venue for her very large wedding reception very shortly after signing the contract but did not wish for The Summit to try and resell the date (which we offered to do). We provided all services as promised and have never in my 9+ years been accused of having hidden costs. We are currently awaiting clarification about that statement from Crystal. We have wished Crystal and Theo all the very best and are truly disappointed by this review. We pride ourselves on being extremely customer service oriented and carry out all services that we promise. That is why the company has been in business for 16 years!

0.5

-My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Summit Event Center and it was a horrible experience to say the least! This was supposed to be the most memorable day of our lives, and it was. But in the worst possible way!
-To start off the food left much to be desired. We tasted the food and picked our menu before the wedding, but the food that was served was cold, and tasteless. Nothing like we tasted beforehand. Also, the children at our wedding were to be served a different meal (more kid friendly) the same time my husband and I were served. The employees forgot to serve the children and by the time we realized it, they were already eating food off their parents' plates. They finally brought out the children's meals, but just like ours, it was not up to par. We also purchased the option to have two proteins per person. But, since they had no server for the proteins, or a sign that explained anything our guests didn't realize they could take two. There must have been TONS of food left over, but we never saw it.
-During the whole reception anytime we had a question none of the staff could understand us because they didn't speak English! We saw the manager once at the beginning of the night, and then he disappeared never to be seen again.
-Throughout the whole night the staff would go around taking drinks off tables before they were empty. Many of them were paid alcohol drinks that were completely full, or more than half full. Many of our guests complained of paying for drinks and then not getting to drink them. They also took my husband and I's cake off our table before we even had one bite. It was still untouched!
-We tried contacting the owner to have our grievances heard, and the owner seemed interested at first. But after talking to her staff who told her that we were lying. She decided to not even listen to our side of the story. She even threatened us with a lawsuit for posting a negative review of her business.

The Summit Conference and Event Center responded with the following comments:

The Summit Event Center was in touch with Elizabeth's mother Pamela (who did the contract) after the wedding. She had an extremely long list of complaints that unfortunately were quite simply not true. For example, the children's meals were not forgotten. All of the staff in the room that night speak English quite well. We did not take full drinks away from guests, etc. The only comments our banquet manager received the entire night of the reception was that everything was good!! We suspect that Elizabeth's wedding cost more than her mother budgeted and these complaints were an attempt to get sizable financial compensation. Since The Summit adamantly disagrees with all of these false statements, we feel the family has made this review out of spite. As well, members of Pamela's church were in attendance at this reception and they booked another event for their church at The Summit shortly after this reception. We have wished this family well and will take the necessary steps to fight to permanently remove these false claims.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 Review
1+ year ago

It would have been nice if we could have had more than one hour to set up.

The Summit Conference and Event Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! One thing that we know we do differently than many other wedding venues is have 5 hours of event time rather than 4. We have found that most couples want more event time rather than set up time. Also, whether a couple chooses to use our full service catering or bring in their own catering, we always set up the Ballroom and clean it up. The one hour prior allows for DJ/band set up, centerpiece placement, wedding cake placement and other personal items. But we do all the heavy lifting prior to that. Thanks!

1 Review
1+ year ago
4.7

Roxie was wonderful to work with, and a great help. The room was set up very nice, staff was good.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
2+ years ago

Area, decorations, lighting was outstanding. Location for reception was easy for guest to locate .

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I was accomedated well at the Summit. I was very pleased with the remodeled venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Summit Event Center is a great place to have any event especially a wedding. The day of the wedding the staff provided all of our needs and the services was outstanding and met every expectation. Roxie was a great help and very professional, she worked to fit our needs. She is a pleasure to work with and knows and performs her job very well. I was very very pleased with the Summit and so were my guest!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

*What a beautiful reception we had at my daughter's wedding 3-31-12. Summit Event Center was so affordable the chicken fajitas and assembly of guacamole, cheese, lettuce,tomato mix,re-fried beans,salads and maybe even more. The chef prepared chicken was outstanding! Yum oh! Not to mention the absolutely beautiful set up: tables,napkins, table clothes, sachets on tables and chairs. The dishes, silverware,champagne service was awesome. The servers were very very friendly and most professional. THANK YOU SUMMIT EVENT CENTER for topping off our daughter's beautiful wedding!* Sincerely, Susan Nolan :)

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)

My Husband and I just recently had out wedding ceremony and reception at the Summit Event Center. We could not have asked for a better place, as well as the staff. I could not believe how helpful the staff was to make my special day stress free and relaxing. From beginning to end the Summit Event Center has a very professional staff. Roxie helped me plan and get everything prepared, and Cory made sure everything went smooth and as planned. I loved it and would recommend this place to anyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married this past June 11th, 2011, and we would like to say that having our Wedding reception at The Summit Conference and Event Center was a complete dream come true! Ann Margaret Williams, Cory, Roxy, the chef, and the remainder of their staff went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was a day to remember! From the very first meeting of our planning process all the way through the last meeting, Ann Margaret Williams did everything possible to make us feel both completely comfortable and confident that all of our desires for our wedding would be held to the highest regard! Their ability to adjust to and meet all of our needs was absolutely exceptional! We could never have dreamed to have our wedding reception at a better venue! If you decide to have your wedding and or reception at The Summit Conference and Event Center, you can be assured in the highest regards, that you are in perfect hands and that your special day will truly be in fact, a day to remember!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Ann Margret along with her staff made our Wedding Reception exactly the way we had hoped for. Extremely professional, accommodating and considerate of different needs. It was a beautiful setting and the staff was great to work with. Everything about our day flowed as smooth as we could have imagined, and our guests had a great time. We would, and have, recommended them to people.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The owners and staff at The Summit were superb! They were extremely helpful, professional and truly a joy to work with. Our reception was just as we hoped it would be! I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a catered reception in a beautiful and elegant environment. Thank you so much!

Elizabeth

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Summit was awesome! We (as well as our guests) really enjoyed the atmosphere. I was completely at ease while the planning process was underway, and the staff was super nice. The food was excellent, and we got many complements on the menu that we selected. If I ever was to need a space for any sort of celebration, I would definitely go back to the Summit : )

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.7

The Summit was a very nice place for our ceremony & reception. The food was amazing & the staff was pleasant. Corey who is the manager made sure everything went smooth. Ann Margaret was very easy to get in contact with & made sure all the information we needed was made readily available. I highly recommend The Summit to anyone who is getting married to consider this establishment for their venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I found the owner of The Summit, Ann Margaret and Catering Manager, Roxie Crow to be very friendly, professional, flexible
and caring people.

Our room was beautifully setup and the food was very good. The Banquet manager and his staff were courteous and very efficient. They especially went out of their way to make our night exceptional.

If you are planning a special event then I would highly recommend using The Summit Event Center.