The Story Keeper

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I received the most amazing gift in the mail the other day. It was the storybook from our wedding. Jay and Rene provided my husband and I with the best wedding experience we could have ever hoped for. They paid attention to every detail and got every shot that we wanted. We got a set of beautiful engagement photos and an even more beautiful set of wedding photos. I was thrilled that we got the digital images so quickly. We had photos to show off to our family and friends just a few days after each shoot. Our experience with the Story Keeper was one of the best ever. I would trust them with my most precious memories.
Thank you Jay and Rene!

Services Used: Photography

Rene and Jay were very professional. They showed up on time, were a joy to work with and of course took amazing photos. I would recommend them to anyone looking for photographer for their wedding.

[....................blush.........]

Not only did we love you both, your families were wonderful!

Services Used: Photography

Jay and Rene photographed my April, 2011 wedding. They were pleasant to work with and they captured so many wonderful moments when I had no idea a camera was even around! They were flexible, easy-going, patient with my eight crazy bridesmaids and very, very talented. They are willing to prepare you with candid and realistic advice so your expectations are on track and the day runs smoothly. My walls are covered in the wedding photos because I couldn't narrow it down to a reasonable number of good ones! Thank you both!

Services Used: Photography

This review is long overdue....

The Story Keeper came highly recommended by my venue and they were the first and only photography vendors I considered. As soon as I saw Rene and Jay's blog, I knew that I loved their pictures. I loved how honest and simple the pictures were but also how many details and memories were captured. I also loved Rene’s blog posts for their poignancy and wit. I knew that I would enjoy working with Rene after meeting with her. She was warm, inviting and even provided referrals for other vendors. My husband always claims that my elation after he had agreed that we needed to hire Rene and Jay for our wedding exceeds the joy I had exhibited after he had proposed (not far from the truth). Throughout the rest of the wedding planning process, Rene was always responsive and helpful and was my de factor wedding planner. I hired my DJ and officiant on her recommendation (loved them both as well).

Rene coordinated our engagement session and even helped with wardrobe and location suggestions. Our session was on Super Bowl Sunday and we started around 3 and were home before the halftime show. As a rule, we do not enjoy taking pictures but we thoroughly enjoyed working with Jay. We strolled through downtown Fullerton and just chatted. When we received a CD of the photos (print-ready) a week and a half later, I was shocked to see over 100 pictures from an hour of shooting. We loved our pictures and the moments they captured and how genuine the pictures looked. Suffice to say, we had a lot of difficulty picking out our favorites! Not to mention, Rene and Jay process pictures faster than I have ever experienced.

Fast forward to the day of the wedding…I wanted to be a winter bride but I did not sign up for torrential downpours. I was trying to avoid freaking out over my outdoor gazebo ceremony and cocktail hour being scrapped when Rene and Jay showed up for getting ready pictures. I remember saying to Rene that it should not be raining on my wedding day and her responding, “Who cares? You’re getting married!” And that was the pervasive attitude for the rest of the day and we needed it because it rained and rained and rained.

Rene and Jay really needed to be creative since the usual outdoor shots at our venue were not available. They did a fantastic job picking out backdrops and shepherding people in and out of pictures. We even ran in the rain for a sequence of shots! I’ve never had so much fun taking pictures or felt as confident that the pictures would turn out gorgeous. After the wedding, I checked the blog compulsively for a sneak peek and I was ecstatic when Rene’s post went up.

Two weeks after the wedding, I got a call from Rene and she offered us a makeup outdoor session since we had gotten rained out. I was touched by her offer and excited about another chance to take more pictures with Jay and Rene. We got dressed up and went to a nature preserve and just wandered around and took more pictures for an hour. A week after that, the CD came in the mailbox…I could not wait to see my pictures. I loved them, all 635 of them. I loved that there was something for everyone – my mom got her frame-ready family portrait, I got my “in-the-moment, photojournalistic” shots and just as importantly, I got goofy us being us shots. I loved that going through the pictures was like reliving the wedding and that Rene and Jay had captured moments without me ever knowing.

When it was time to select pictures for the wedding album, Rene provided tips on which types of pictures to include. We had considered not getting an album but we were glad that we had done so when we saw the album and Rene’s designs. I love my album (noticing a trend?). I love how well they capture the day and the memories.

I don’t miss wedding planning one bit…but I do miss interacting with Rene and Jay who made picture-taking fun. I still check their website and blog regularly to catch up on new engagement sessions and weddings and just to see what else they are up to (and Lucy the dog…)!

Services Used: Photography

As soon as I saw the website of The Storykeeper Photography I knew I had to use them for my special day! The pictures were so beautiful & totally our style. I was sold right away & without having looked at any other photography vendors. My logical soon-to-be husband thought that we needed to look around more and do some research. I agreed but in the back of my head I knew I had to go with The Storykeeper & I was going to convince him too. So I called and spoke with Renee & she made me feel so incredibly comfortable & special. She even told me that if I did not end up using them that I should feel free to call her about any type of wedding advice or questions I might have about the wedding industry. I set up an appointment for us to meet her & to go through some of her past wedding albums.

We arrived at her house and Rene met us at the front door with a very welcoming smile. We sat down and started to look over some of her example albums and we were both blown away. They were amazing, wonderful, & so specific to each couple that they had done the album for. We talked about wedding packages and discussed what we were looking for. I assumed that we would go home and talk about it and get back to her when we had made our final decision. But my soon-to-be husband made some kind of comment like, “can I just write you a check now?” I was so beyond happy and excited that we were going to use my #1 choice for our engagement and wedding pictures!

We could not be happier with how our engagement and wedding pictures turned out! We have gotten so many compliments & tears of joy when we have showed our pictures off. I literally looked at the album layout and cried because as I looked at the pictures I could see, feel, & remember exactly what I was feeling at the exact moment that the picture was taken. They have this special way of making you feel so comfortable during the most important time in your life! Without a doubt in our minds we would recommend Jay & Rene of The Storykeeper team to take your engagement and wedding pictures!

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

Perhaps the cutest vintage-y backyard wedding I've ever been to.........let alone getting to shoot! Loved you guys so much!!!

Services Used: Photography

Rene and Jay at The Story Keeper, first off, totally saved the day for me and my now husband.  Understandably they book up fast, but when I still didn't have a photographer one and a half months out (we planned the wedding in 2 months) I decided to give them a call because I loved what I had seen of their work online.  I love their fresh, modern perspective and use of fun, vibrant color! I knew it was a shot in the dark, but I called anyway.  It turned out that someone had just moved their date so they were available!  Up until the day of the wedding we had never met (I tend to trust my instincts and this just seemed like it was meant to be), but when we did meet I found them to be personable and very professional.  They effectively floated behind the scenes and at the same time were everywhere capturing everything.  They were able to go with the flow too when our reception became a bit unconventional because of the weather, they stood out in the rain determined to capture all the special moments for us and I am soo thankful for that!  They were low maintenance, and easy going, but at the same time took charge and choreographed the photos when it was called for.  I am so happy that it worked out, I will definitely recommend them to my closest friends and family when it comes time to plan their weddings!

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

You guys are great! I'd stand in the rain any day for you April!!! :) I'm working on a display Storybook from your wedding right now! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your day.

Services Used: Photography

The Storykeeper did the photography for my sister's wedding and took gorgeous photos. So, when it came time for my big day I knew that I wanted The Storykeeper. Rene and Jay are absolutely fabulous. They are true professionals, put you at ease, and very decisive. There is not a lot of standing around waiting forever for photos. They take a ton of shots quickly and know exactly what will look good. We loved the photo album. It is very high quality and artistically arranged. I would definitely recommend The Storykeeper to capture all the special moments of your big day.

Services Used: Photography

Our wedding was on October 2, 2010. We had the Story Keeper as our photographers because we were looking for more natural and candid shots. We wanted our wedding day to be captured and presented like a story. They have a unique eye for photography and were able to envision the image even before it was taken.

We LOVED working with them! Rene' & Jay's personalities complement each other both personally and professionally. They are very easy-going, friendly, sweet and make you feel very comfortable. Many, many, MANY people commented on the quality of our pictures and have stated that "our photographers were AMAZING."

They are also very quick in getting the photos to you. Our engagement shots were mailed to us within the week and our wedding pictures were mailed within a couple of days after we selected the pictures we wanted for our album. The lines of communication are ALWAYS open and they are both extremely flexible and easy to work with!!

Rene' and Jay captured our day beautifully and we are so pleased. We can't wait to see our Storybook, we know it will be better than our expectations. Thank you for being a part of our special day and making us feel like a King and Queen!!!!

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

I think the only thing cuter than you and Arnold is you and Arnold together! Just the right mix of elegance and laughter. And really, who has that many friends???? Loved you both. Loved your families.

Services Used: Photography

We had such a great experience working with Rene and Jay as our wedding photographers. When I met Rene for the first time, the one thing I noticed about Rene was her insight with shooting weddings and her many years of experience. After all, this was one of the most important days of my life and the pictures had to tell a story that really captures every moment. I felt that Rene would be able to deliver this for us.

Our Wedding day was September 25, 2010. Rene and Jay arrived 30 minutes early and begin to work their magic. They made us feel at ease while taking pictures and really made the entire day fun. While on our honeymoon, I received an e-mail from Rene that she had a sneak peak of our pictures on her blog. Keep in mind, while I was in Paris I was able to log onto her website with absolute excitement and once I saw the pictures she and Jay had taken, I was SPEECHLESS!!! I ran into the room to wake up my husband at 5:00am Paris time to show him the pictures. We couldn’t believe how beautiful the pictures turned out! Rene delivered what she promised and we loved every single picture. Rene did what she does BEST! She captured the moments of our wedding day and was able to tell a story with our pictures. Words can not express how much we love our pictures. Till this day I still get compliments of the pictures. As my friend quoted “Art Worthy Pictures should be published in Wedding magazines!”

Services Used: Photography

I was just married September 3, 2010 and I had the pleasure to have Rene and Jay be my photographers. They were both so professional, friendly, and warm. They made my husband and I feel very at ease on the day of our wedding. I was so anxious to see my photos and Rene was kind enough to blog about it on her website so I could see a sneak peak and they are truly amazing!!! I should be receiving the rest in the mail today and I cannot wait! They were so fast to get them back to us as well! I would definitely recommend them to people in the future. Very pleased :D

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

I'll be honest, Samantha, yours was one of my favorite weddings of 2010 by far. I loved it so much, I just made up a sample Storybook from it!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I got married 10 days ago, yet our journey of planning our wedding began months ago. We researched and asked for suggestions for every service imaginable. After speaking with several different people we started the "interview" process for the best vendors for our special day.

We met with three photographers who seemed to all have a different style or method when it comes to weddings and photography. Our first photographer we interviewed, was very cookie cutter. He wanted to photograph our wedding like he had done for the past 25 years, but had no imagination or spark when it came to our ideal wedding photographer. Our second photographer we interviewed, was more interested in taking wild, adventure-seeking, landscape shots. His photography was beautiful, but again not what we had in mind for our wedding. Not to mention extremely expensive. Our third and FINAL photographer we interviewed was Rene from the StoryKeeper. From the moment I spoke with Rene, I felt as ease and felt very confident in her abilities as a wedding photographer. My husband and I were impressed by the quality of work that was shared with us. She was very polite, friendly, and understanding when it came to some complicated family circumstances. And the bonus was that they were reasonably priced with the flexibility to adding services or time whenever we needed.

Rene and Jay were extremely professional and made sure to keep us on track with what we wanted and what shots were important to us. I being, the first time bride, had made a complicated and long list of the photos I wanted taken. The list was very LONG and very detailed. Rene and I spoke soon after I emailed her my wish list and after a few moments Rene was able to put my mind at ease stating that any photos I wanted shot I would get...but in doing so, she and Jay would miss so many of the natural moments. After speaking with her some more I knew that my husband and I had hired the right company/people for our wedding celebration.

The day of our wedding was perfect, Rene and Jay arrived early and were very professional, yet warm and inviting. They were able to take the pre-ceremony photos that were important to us and even captured some of the best moments I couldn't have planned for. They were not intrusive, but were present and quick to jump in to get the shot. They were polite when letting us know that our time was coming to an end and didn't pressure us to add more time. Rather, they were very happy and willing to stay an additional hour to capture our evening.

After being home for only a day or two from our honeymoon, we received an email stating that our photos were ready for viewing. WOW, what prompt service! I have friends who got married prior to us and used other photographers and they still haven't seen their proofs. I am amazed and excited to report that our photos have turned out amazingly, making our choices a tough one to make. My husband and I have shared the photo website with family and they too have enjoyed looking at the photos.

We are going to have a very difficult time narrowing down our selections for our album, but are excited to make several individual photo purchases as well.

My husband and I thank both Rene and Jay for a wonderful, stress-free wedding day and evening! We look forward to using your photography skills and services again in the future as well as refer you to ALL of our friends.

Courtney and Travis Walker

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

I know you'll have as wonderful of a marriage as your wedding. It's not just about how easy-going you are with each other; it's also the little things that we get to see. When Travis worried about you and your dress for the shots in the "field," it made me smile. He loves you so much. He'll take care of you. Moms love knowing those kinds of things about their sons-in-law. Oh, and I'm {secretly} glad you vetoed his concern, Courtney, since they came out so cute!

Profile Picture
TERESA
07/29/2010

My husband James and I decided to get married within a week at the Orange County courthouse and contacted The Story Keeper that same day. Rene and Jay were very helpful and willing to work with our budget and time frame. Whenever I e-mailed them a question or should I say questions they responded right away. Rene showed up early and ready to shoot. She was VERY friendly and very fun to work with. We kind of had a stresfull ceremony because nothing was going as planned but Rene was very patient and very understanding. We received our disk of pictures within a week as promised and were very pleased with them. I am 110% satisfied with how everything worked out and since my son is due in October I plan on using The Story Keeper again!

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

How much fun was that!!!??? I loved your wedding! I loved you and James. Can't wait to get pictures of your son!

Services Used: Photography

Jay and Rene photographed our wedding on July 23rd, 2010. My niece was my event planner and she had recommendations for all of our vendors. The photographer she liked, while doing nice pictures, seemed rather high priced. Then by chance, we saw our friends Tom and Michelle's storybook and we fell in love with the pictures. Rene and Jay had done their wedding last November. When we heard how reasonable their prices were, we were sold! They were the only vendor my niece had not recommended and she loves their work so much she will be recommending them from now on! Tom and Michelle had told us how great they were to work with and they were! Rene and Jay arrived early, they captured everything we wanted and in the process made it all so fun. My dad loves to tease and joke and he bonded with them immediately. One of my girlfriend's happened to mention out of the blue, how unobtrusive my photographers were, but the absolute most awesome thing is when we saw our actual pictures!! We couldn't have asked for anything more. The pictures are so beautiful and creative. We emailed our friends and family and told them to look at the blog pictures and everyone was astounded! My friend, who got married 2 years ago, said these were her favorite wedding pictures she had ever seen! She liked them even better then her own! The pictures were ready by the time we arrived home from our honeymoon. We had a difficult time narrowing them down because there were so many terrific shots, but we finally did and now we can't wait to see the final product.

Rene and Jay were so great I am going to recommend them to all of my coworkers and friends. They were friendly, warm, professional and above all else, took creative, beautiful pictures and they were reasonably priced. I have nothing but great things to say about them and would highly recommend them to anyone!!

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

It was truly a pleasure to photograph your wedding! I hope you enjoy your Storybook!

Services Used: Photography

In searching for photographers I knew that I wanted someone who would capture moments and the feeling of our wedding day. Rene and Jay did just that. Their images are truly pieces of art. The moment I saw the types of photos posted on their website and blog I knew that they were the people I was looking for. Wedding day events took place, such as me running around stressed with my toothbrush in hand ensuring that everything was being taken care of...and they were both there peering in capturing images of our wedding day story. I always received detailed responses right away whenever I sent emails with questions I had, they were prompt, and we even received our CDs in the mail within a week. Also, having both Rene and Jay there helped to capture multiple perspectives of events, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

I wouldn't have had it any other way either, Kristin. It was such an honor getting to know you and your families!

Services Used: Photography

Rene and Jay are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have an amazing artistic eye, they work so well as a team, and were always positive! I loved having them photograph my wedding. They were on time, professional, and always available for any questions. I LOVE them!

Services Used: Photography

The Story Keeper photographed our wedding in April. I knew from the moment I met Rene' that they would provide us great quality photos with a professional and relaxed atmosphere. Jay and Rene' captured our entire wedding day beautifully and saw some of the smallest details that we were not able to appreciate on the day but were so lovely to see later.

Our pictures came out better than I could have ever hoped for, and especially on such an important day as your wedding day you want to feel secure that you will get what you planned for, and we did. The Story Keeper's work left us enchanted and I enjoy reliving that day through the beautiful images again and again!!

Rene' and Jay were more than helpful with not only their great photographic expertise but they also helped me prepare the wedding day timeline and gave us extra tips that went above and beyond! They were very accommodating, responsive, and always on top of things. I (the bride) felt totally at ease that I could enjoy the day and they would capture all the wonderful emotion of the day on film. Also, they use great equipment which enhance everything and practically quadruple back up the images, so our minds were at ease that the digital images would be safe and secure. I give them the highest of recommendations!! It doesn't get better than The Story Keeper!

The Story Keeper responded with the following comments:

I love when a wedding is as much fun as it is beautiful. Yours was all that and more. I loved the traditions. I loved the location. But most of all, I just loved you guys!