The Secret Garden

4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married at The Secret Garden recently and everything went very well. Everyone there was super helpful and made our day the best that it could be. The food and cake was delicious and the reception was so much fun. Our guest enjoyed the drinks and dancing. We would highly recommend a Secret Garden.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
1 Review
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I had my wedding at the Secret Garden and had my eye on this venue before I was even engaged. What I liked the best was that the entire property was mine that day, I never felt like we were being rushed or herded in and out. It was my day and it felt that way.
A lot of great ideas and suggestions by Erin and with myself being in the same business she was very patient with me knowing I am an event planner and am picky :) She was very upfront and honest with me and I had no surprises (other then the rain during the ceremony). I would recommend this experience to other brides

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you have any specific things that need to be done a certain way, don't trust the secret garden. They will tell you a million times that everything is "under control" and everything is "taken care of". Next you'll be walking down the aisle to the wrong song when you have put the song you wanted on a CD with clear instructions on how and when to play and have met with the vendor to go over the details thoroughly. Don't bother with a rehearsal either, we were left even more confused about what to do after the rehearsal than before. Also make sure not to leave anything there that you want back later such as flowers that you paid an outside company for or you and your husbands homemade name cards or menus. They will simply throw them out so they can quickly usher in the next wedding for the next day. Also I hope you don't want the rest of your wedding guests to have champagne for the toast because they will forget to hand it out. I think the thing that made me angry the most about these people is that they portrayed such an image of perfection and that everything was covered. They lead me to trusting them with what they have been doing for years and what was so important for my husband and I. Everyone makes mistakes and no wedding goes perfect however the careless mistakes made by these people could have been prevented SO EASILY with a bit more consideration and attention to detail which is what they say they do. I expected so much more from so called professionals. I explained everything very clearly and even wrote details down. Isn't that what a wedding is about? We could have had the wedding in a field and had more control of it than this fiasco.

• Wedding: 09/30/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Secret Garden is a great venue to have a wedding and/or reception. The entire staff is wonderful and very friendly. My husband and I had our wedding and reception there and enjoyed every minute of it. Erin, our wedding coordinator, made the wedding planning very easy and stress free for the both of us, which I liked. When it came to choosing our wedding colors, theme, cake design, music, food and drinks; Erin had set up different appointments to meet with her and she also worked around our work schedules. She always assured us not to worry and to have fun. Erin and the rest of the staff at The Secret Garden made my wedding so special.

Overall, I am very happy with the service, quality, and friendliness of the staff at The Secret Garden. My family and friends raved about our wedding and how much fun they had. Thank you SECRET GARDEN for making our special day so memorable!!!

• Wedding: 04/02/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Corene
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I had to plan my entire wedding while abroad. I only visited this full service venue 2x before the wedding, and had an awesome experience. The place was beautiful, the staff was awesome and dedicated, and I would not have been able to plan my wedding without them.

• Wedding: 08/15/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was so beautiful.. she was so nice & made sure everything was set up & decorated...

• Wedding: 10/03/2008
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After changing our initial plans to get married in Southern California, my husband and I were looking for a place that did not look like Las Vegas. After attending a bridal expo, I found The Secret Garden. After living in Las Vegas for over 10 years, I loved that it is not located on the strip, but in a quiet area in the South West of Las Vegas, which was also convenient to my father's home, where we were holding a BBQ the day after.

Meeting our coordinator, Erin, put my bride stress to ease. She simply told me to bring her pictures of what I wanted and she would make it happen. All of my phone calls and e-mails were answered in a timely manner with reassurance and professionalism.

The most important thing to me was the photography. I am a photography teacher and I prefer certain things. The photographs I received were exactly what I wanted. We have so many amazing photographs that it was difficult to decide which ones we wanted to hang in our home! Several friends and family express their jealousy of how amazing they look.

I still speak with Erin and her crew at Secret Garden when attending events at McKee Ranch. They treat me as if I am family.

To future brides:

I highly recommend arriving in the horse and carriage. It is worth the money and memories!

Use Pinterest or magazines to keep track of your ideas!

Trust The Secret Garden to make your day magical. I seriously had the most magical day of my life with no stress!

• Wedding: 06/20/2008
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue was a tad old for me and very cold for our guests. The food was ok not great. I hired Elvis to come and sing for us all and that was fun, the cake was great, and the bar was included in the price of the venue, I have had better photo's taken but they were good just not fab. The family that ownes the company are very nice though.

• Wedding: 12/31/2007
Services Used: Catering, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I really love this venue. It is an old tennis club in Southwest Las Vegas. I would have never known that it was there until a friend of mine told me about it. The absolute best thing about this place is the 'borrow' room. They have pens, and ring bearers pillows and flower girl baskets. All those things that cost an insane amount of money to buy for a few hours of use you can borrow for the day. Also another interesting touch at the Secret Garden is the availability of a horse drawn carriage or a ride down the isle in a vintage car. What a unique way to say 'I Do.'

• Wedding: 09/28/2007