The Seaport Hotel

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I wish I could have another Wedding just so I could use the Seaport again! They were so flexible with helping us make this the Wedding of our dreams. The food was amazing and people have been raving about how beautiful everything was. Our Wedding Coordinator, Alanah, was available anytime I had a question and didn't make me feel like I was a bother, not matter how small the inquiry was. The venue was absolutely perfect and we are so glad we decided to have our Wedding at the Seaport Hotel.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My sister got married at the Seaport Hotel (in the Lighthouse Ballroom) over ten years ago. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the food was delicious and memorable, and the staff was highly professional and attentive. I enjoyed it so much that, when it came time to plan my own wedding, I looked there any way! I wanted my wedding to be just as beautiful and fun- but I also wanted to make sure it was completely different!

The Seaport staff (and Melissa Abraham in particular) helped me do just that! I ended up having my ceremony at the Wintergarden Atrium across the street from the hotel (absolutely magnificent glass dome-shaped room) and my reception at the Harborview Ballroom (with a private deck overlooking the water) at the Seaport Hotel! Melissa coordinated everything so the day flowed perfectly! She was quick to answer all of my questions and address my various concerns (my family and I ask lots of questions).

In the end, the day was perfect – everything from the ceremony to the decorations to the flowers to the music. And everyone commented on the food. The hors d'oeuvres were interesting (i.e. delicious lobster salad in a cute mini cone!) and abundant. Dinner was beautifully prepared and delicious. Service was superior. Snacks and drinks fueled the dancing, and all of our guests had a great time.

Quite a few of our guests were also overnight or weekend guests of the hotel. All were impressed with the accommodations and the friendliness of the staff. We heard multiple reports of staff going out of his or her way to provide a service, and then refusing to accept a gratuity. This makes the Seaport truly unique, and helps to turn a hotel stay into something special and memorable. Clearly, the helpful and attentive Seaport staff contributed greatly towards each guest’s overall wedding experience.

I would highly recommend looking into the Seaport Hotel's various venue options if you want a city wedding with beautiful water views and top quality service

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best venue! Highly recommend! So accommodating and absolutely beautiful! If you are looking for a Boston wedding with amazing service, views, and food, definitely look at the Seaport!

Private User
1+ year ago

Everything was so well done at the Seaport- the wedding felt seamless and effortless.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Seaport Hotel was my absolute dream location and they completely delivered me my dream wedding! Alicia was the BEST wedding planner I could have ever hoped for! She was SO accommodating, helpful, professional, friendly and knowledgeable! She was a pleasure to work with! The entire Seaport staff was excellent, as well, and were ready to help with whatever they could. The food was delicious and the room itself (Lighthouse Room) was beautiful. I knew I was in great hands and never had to worry about things going wrong. They are great at what they do! We feel lucky to have been able to experience our wedding at the Seaport and would recommend this venue highly!

1 person found this review helpful
Miranda
06/07/2014

The Seaport Hotel served as the headquarters for our wedding weekend -- we had a room block, our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and post-wedding brunch at the hotel. Everything went smoothly and the staff went above and beyond to ensure we had a perfect weekend. And perfect it was!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at The Seaport Hotel in May. We worked with Marianne in coordinating all our wedding details. We had a truly amazing experience and I can not say enough about how professional, patient and detail-oriented Marianne and all of The Seaport staff was. Most of the typical wedding stress was eased because they took care of everything and thought of things I never would have. If you plan your wedding at at The Seaport you will be in excellent hands.

Mallory
10/13/2013

Any time I felt stressed about the actual wedding day - can we pull it off?! - I was instantly calmed knowing that Alicia was in charge. From our first tour of the venue to checkout the next day, every single experience with The Seaport was wonderful. Alicia is a true professional - she is organized, she is responsive to all requests, she provides advice but also listens to your feedback, and she goes above and beyond to make sure what you want is what happens. My mom was my partner in crime through the whole wedding planning thing and the fact that she wants to adopt Alicia should say it all. She’s the best. I want to go on and on about how wonderful she is, but take my word for it -- if you’re booking here, ask for Alicia. She will absolutely wow you.

Everyone on staff is professional, accommodating, and went out of their way to make our wedding day a truly memorable one. The whole wedding WEEKEND was even more than I could have hoped for. From the valet staff who greet you when you arrive to the room service staff who brought us lunch, truly every single person I interacted with was so friendly and professional and helpful. After the ceremony, Alicia brought me and my husband into a separate room to spend a few minutes alone together before joining the cocktail hour. We had a dedicated server, Paul, who brought us drinks and appetizers. He was just the sweetest person. He expressed sincere happiness at our marriage and made sure we had every snack and beverage we could ask for. If he were my only interaction at the Seaport, I’d be thrilled, he was such a joy.

Nitty gritty: the ceremony was in the Wintergarden, a beautiful glass-ceilinged atrium. It was a stunning location. We had the cocktail hour in a small room underneath the Lighthouse Ballroom, where the reception was held. The waitstaff throughout the reception was flawless. Absolutely flawless. I could not have been more impressed with their professionalism and flexibility.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin! The seaport hotel staff and event staff were fabulous! Ellen was our wedding coordinator. From the moment we meant her we were at ease in the whole planning process. We spent a day checking out Boston venues, we were not overly excited about any of the rooms. Our last appointment was with Ellen, my parents, Brian and I fell in love with the harbor view room in the World Trade Center. Everything from the food tasting to the final dance was perfect. Ellen and her team answered my millions of questions, e-mails and calls.
When our limo arrived at the WTC, Ellen was out front to meet us with a huge smile and hugs. I swear our wedding planning felt so easy because of Ellen. She knows wedding and her experience can not be denied. For the brief moments that Brian and I sat down to eat, she checked in on us, telling us just to nod if everything was going good. I was so sad when she had to leave at the end of the night.
The staff checked us into our honeymoon suite and brought our bags to the room before the reception was even over. When we exited the WTC, there was a towncar waiting to drive my new husband and I back to the hotel and he had our belongings and thankfully knew our hotel room number because we forgot haha.
The seaport hotel was worth every penny and then some! They made us feel like royalty for the whole evening!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at the Seaport was the best from the venue itself, the food, the staff, location and not to mention the scenery and we got extra lucky because the Tall ships just happen to come in the same weekend as the wedding. I had so much help from Julie my wedding coordinator there and she was just so pleasant! She made everything so easy for me and my day so special. I would love to get married all over again!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Amazing venue - my wedding was perfect and it was in great part because of the Seaport Hotel!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enought great things about the Seaport. I had my wedding there on Sept 24, 2011. We worked with Christina Pedranti. I highly recommend her. She was so accommodating and was very fast with all her responses. She was patient with my million questions and accommodated all my requests no matter how big or small.
I looked at about 20 venues and the Seaport was the only place where EVERYTHING is included for one price. Other places were charging for a champagne toast or wine service at the tables, etc. This was all included in the package at the Seaport. It was the only place that was 100% clear about the cost. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.
The food was amazing. Many guests commented about the food to me. We had filet and lobster tail and both were cooked perfectly. You could cut the filet with your fork. It was that tender. Everyone loved the cocktail hour appetizers too.
Our reception was at the Seaport World Trade Center in the Harborview Room. We had 135 people. I loved this room. The cocktail hour room is kinda funky with an LED wall and the reception room has a balcony overlooking the city! It is a little less stuffy and ballroom looking than the other rooms they have.
I very strongly recommend the Seaport. Please feel free to forward any questions over to me.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katy was the best she knows everything about weddings. Makes you feel so comfortable. Helped me come up with original ideas and also helped me decide what I could save on and splurge on.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
octbostonbride
10/30/2010

I had my reception at the Seaport World Trade Center. They were great. Very responsive and professional. The reception was perfect. The food was delicious and very generous. They didn't skimp on the booze in the drinks either which led to a fun night for all our guests. They will definitely work with you on price and I felt like I got a great value for Boston.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Seaport was by far the best choice we could have made. Our guests were so important to us, and they each felt catered to. The WTC is beautiful, the service was spot on the entire night, our coordinator was amazing and caring and I really felt like she CARED about our wedding.
It was well worth the money, which was very reasonable for a city wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for anything more from the Seaport. They catered to our every need and was happy to do it! Tina, our wedding coordinator, was perfect!! She was so great. I felt like I was the only wedding she had. Everyone at the Seaport were great. Many of our guests commented about how impressed they were with the service, friendliness, and just overall experience. The food was unbelievable too! They even made me a special meal since I'm lactose intolerant and it was soooo good! I just can't say enough about the Seaport. We're so happy we had our wedding here!