The Seaport Hotel

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

My sister got married at the Seaport Hotel (in the Lighthouse Ballroom) over ten years ago. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the food was delicious and memorable, and the staff was highly professional and attentive. I enjoyed it so much that, when it came time to plan my own wedding, I looked there any way! I wanted my wedding to be just as beautiful and fun- but I also wanted to make sure it was completely different!

The Seaport staff (and Melissa Abraham in particular) helped me do just that! I ended up having my ceremony at the Wintergarden Atrium across the street from the hotel (absolutely magnificent glass dome-shaped room) and my reception at the Harborview Ballroom (with a private deck overlooking the water) at the Seaport Hotel! Melissa coordinated everything so the day flowed perfectly! She was quick to answer all of my questions and address my various concerns (my family and I ask lots of questions).

In the end, the day was perfect – everything from the ceremony to the decorations to the flowers to the music. And everyone commented on the food. The hors d'oeuvres were interesting (i.e. delicious lobster salad in a cute mini cone!) and abundant. Dinner was beautifully prepared and delicious. Service was superior. Snacks and drinks fueled the dancing, and all of our guests had a great time.

Quite a few of our guests were also overnight or weekend guests of the hotel. All were impressed with the accommodations and the friendliness of the staff. We heard multiple reports of staff going out of his or her way to provide a service, and then refusing to accept a gratuity. This makes the Seaport truly unique, and helps to turn a hotel stay into something special and memorable. Clearly, the helpful and attentive Seaport staff contributed greatly towards each guest’s overall wedding experience.

I would highly recommend looking into the Seaport Hotel's various venue options if you want a city wedding with beautiful water views and top quality service

Private User
Recently Married

They made our wedding day fabolous and seamless. We did get bounced around between wedding planers due to turnover, but everything turned out great!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best venue! Highly recommend! So accommodating and absolutely beautiful! If you are looking for a Boston wedding with amazing service, views, and food, definitely look at the Seaport!

Private User
Recently Married

Everything was so well done at the Seaport- the wedding felt seamless and effortless.

Christine
08/09/2014

Everything about the Seaport Hotel was amazing. From the professional and responsive staff, to the delicious food, the beautiful venues, and the amazing accommodations, the Seaport Hotel was just perfect. Thank you to the Seaport Hotel and Staff for making our wedding day beyond perfect.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Seaport Hotel was my absolute dream location and they completely delivered me my dream wedding! Alicia was the BEST wedding planner I could have ever hoped for! She was SO accommodating, helpful, professional, friendly and knowledgeable! She was a pleasure to work with! The entire Seaport staff was excellent, as well, and were ready to help with whatever they could. The food was delicious and the room itself (Lighthouse Room) was beautiful. I knew I was in great hands and never had to worry about things going wrong. They are great at what they do! We feel lucky to have been able to experience our wedding at the Seaport and would recommend this venue highly!

1 person found this review helpful
Miranda
06/07/2014

The Seaport Hotel served as the headquarters for our wedding weekend -- we had a room block, our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and post-wedding brunch at the hotel. Everything went smoothly and the staff went above and beyond to ensure we had a perfect weekend. And perfect it was!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the team, the service, the food, and my wedding overall at the Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center. Every part of the process, every detail of the planning, and every second of the reception was handled with such attention and professionalism that I actually do not even know where to begin. My reception was held in the Cityview Ballroom and was coordinated initially by Ellen Pels (initial contact - you don't get your coordinator until much later in the process) and Marianne McKenna. Both of these ladies are an absolute delight to work with - they are extremely responsive to any little question or comment, they are very flexible and committed to fulfilling your vision and they go out of their way to make the bride, groom, and family feel comfortable and special. I do not have a single complaint about any aspect of my planning or my reception at the Seaport Hotel World Trade Center and would not hesitate in the slightest to recommend them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at The Seaport Hotel in May. We worked with Marianne in coordinating all our wedding details. We had a truly amazing experience and I can not say enough about how professional, patient and detail-oriented Marianne and all of The Seaport staff was. Most of the typical wedding stress was eased because they took care of everything and thought of things I never would have. If you plan your wedding at at The Seaport you will be in excellent hands.

Mallory
10/13/2013

Any time I felt stressed about the actual wedding day - can we pull it off?! - I was instantly calmed knowing that Alicia was in charge. From our first tour of the venue to checkout the next day, every single experience with The Seaport was wonderful. Alicia is a true professional - she is organized, she is responsive to all requests, she provides advice but also listens to your feedback, and she goes above and beyond to make sure what you want is what happens. My mom was my partner in crime through the whole wedding planning thing and the fact that she wants to adopt Alicia should say it all. She’s the best. I want to go on and on about how wonderful she is, but take my word for it -- if you’re booking here, ask for Alicia. She will absolutely wow you.

Everyone on staff is professional, accommodating, and went out of their way to make our wedding day a truly memorable one. The whole wedding WEEKEND was even more than I could have hoped for. From the valet staff who greet you when you arrive to the room service staff who brought us lunch, truly every single person I interacted with was so friendly and professional and helpful. After the ceremony, Alicia brought me and my husband into a separate room to spend a few minutes alone together before joining the cocktail hour. We had a dedicated server, Paul, who brought us drinks and appetizers. He was just the sweetest person. He expressed sincere happiness at our marriage and made sure we had every snack and beverage we could ask for. If he were my only interaction at the Seaport, I’d be thrilled, he was such a joy.

Nitty gritty: the ceremony was in the Wintergarden, a beautiful glass-ceilinged atrium. It was a stunning location. We had the cocktail hour in a small room underneath the Lighthouse Ballroom, where the reception was held. The waitstaff throughout the reception was flawless. Absolutely flawless. I could not have been more impressed with their professionalism and flexibility.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin! The seaport hotel staff and event staff were fabulous! Ellen was our wedding coordinator. From the moment we meant her we were at ease in the whole planning process. We spent a day checking out Boston venues, we were not overly excited about any of the rooms. Our last appointment was with Ellen, my parents, Brian and I fell in love with the harbor view room in the World Trade Center. Everything from the food tasting to the final dance was perfect. Ellen and her team answered my millions of questions, e-mails and calls.
When our limo arrived at the WTC, Ellen was out front to meet us with a huge smile and hugs. I swear our wedding planning felt so easy because of Ellen. She knows wedding and her experience can not be denied. For the brief moments that Brian and I sat down to eat, she checked in on us, telling us just to nod if everything was going good. I was so sad when she had to leave at the end of the night.
The staff checked us into our honeymoon suite and brought our bags to the room before the reception was even over. When we exited the WTC, there was a towncar waiting to drive my new husband and I back to the hotel and he had our belongings and thankfully knew our hotel room number because we forgot haha.
The seaport hotel was worth every penny and then some! They made us feel like royalty for the whole evening!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at the Seaport was the best from the venue itself, the food, the staff, location and not to mention the scenery and we got extra lucky because the Tall ships just happen to come in the same weekend as the wedding. I had so much help from Julie my wedding coordinator there and she was just so pleasant! She made everything so easy for me and my day so special. I would love to get married all over again!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Amazing venue - my wedding was perfect and it was in great part because of the Seaport Hotel!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at the Seaport Hotel Lighthouse room. It was fabulous! Julie was our wedding coordinator and did an she amazing job. Julie was very helpful in the months leading up to the wedding answering my endless questions and on the day of the wedding she made sure everything went smoothly. The service and food were top notch, we could not have picked a better venue. Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

1 person found this review helpful

The Seaport was where we booked our room block for wedding guests. We had lots of people traveling to Boston from out of town and worked with the Seaport to arrange a wedding block. I have to say for a big hotel in Boston, the Seaport was unbelievably responsive, and got us a great rate for the rooms. We got married over Columbus Day weekend, which is a big wedding weekend in Boston, and the Seaport was more than accommodating.

Not only did they give us a good rate for the block, they upgraded our room to an amazing suite for the same price as a regular room. This room was huge (two rooms and two bathrooms), amazing view, and they gave me super early check-in so I could get ready there with my wedding party. It was so much fun. After the wedding, my husband and I arrived back in the room to find champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a lovely personalized card - completely unexpected.

We also had Sunday brunch at the Seaport restaurant. The food was great, but that's definitely a little pricey for a group. If you do have it though, you won't be disappointed in the food.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

We just got married at the Seaport Hotel last Month and we had an amazing time. The food was very good, the services and timing of the meal was excellent. The rooms where we had our ceremony and reception were set up exactly as requested. They were very diligent on getting every aspect of the wedding day planned out before hand so that on the actual day the wedding the coordinator could run with the plan without adding stress to the bride. There were no questions asked on the day of the wedding which allowed me to relax and enjoy the before time with my bridesmaids. I would highly recommend the seaport hotel for the above mentioned reasons as well as the amazing views from their function rooms. Thanks again to the seaport and our great wedding coordinator Julie.
Heather & Jeff married 09.24.2011