The Sands at Grace Bay

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Lidra at The Sands was my contact for planning the wedding ceremony (and Ri-ann helped her to execute everything the day of the wedding). She was very helpful and responsive to my 8 months-worth of email communications to her. The ceremony package we had through The Sands included the officiant & marriage documents, the beach arch, chairs with white covers, bouquets & boutonnieres for our wedding party, a steel drum player, and the wedding cake – which meant less planning for me! They handled all the details! The ceremony was set up on the far side of Grace Bay beach at The Sands where the huts ended. Everything looked beautiful and went smoothly, until the skies opened up out of nowhere and it started pouring, soaking everyone. The staff provided umbrellas and towels as quickly as they could to try to dry people off. The ceremony kept going – we all had some good laughs – and the pictures are amazing!!

All in all, our wedding day was perfect and we couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. We heard a ton of “best wedding ever” and “best trip ever” comments from our guests, which made us so happy since everyone had traveled so far to celebrate with us. It was slightly nerve-wracking planning a destination wedding sight unseen, having never been to the island before, and not using a hired wedding planner. Meeting with all of the vendors/staff the week leading up to the wedding put my nerves at ease – they know what they are doing and they are great at it!

Thank you, Sands, for a wonderful wedding ceremony, honeymoon, and memories that will last forever. We can’t wait to return to the island and hopefully see some of the wonderful people we met again.

Suki's
07/12/2014

We worked with Lidra Barranco at the Sands at Grace Bay to coordinate a group block for our guests, as well as the welcome dinner at Hemingway’s Restaurant. She was superb to work with. She made sure all of our guests received their welcome bags and had tourist information readily available for everyone. Our wedding was at a private villa where she also made sure our guests knew where to meet for their pick-up on the day of the wedding. All of our guests raved about the great service and hospitality they received at The Sands. I highly recommend using The Sands for your Turks and Caicos wedding.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wife and I had our wedding guests stay at the Sands. Lidra Barranco was our contact person there and she was absolutely outstanding. Our challenge was that we were trying to coordinate everything from the US for our guests at a really good hotel because we wanted them to have a great experience for the wedding. We had to have someone who could come through, and Lidra certainly did. The hotel was great! Everyone loved their accommodations and they have a fantastic property on the beach in Grace Bay. The service was fantastic, especially with Lidra on point. I would strongly recommend the Sands as a great hotel for a wonderful time!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
1+ year ago

This was renewal of vows for me and my wife. Lidra and Ri-Ann were wonderful to deal with and plan the event

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

Lidra ( and Ri-Ann) were wonderful to deal with in planning a renewal of our wedding vows. I wanted to keep it a surprise and they made that happen. They are lovely and personable and an asset to your company.

Christina & Gary
06/29/2013

We love The Sands!!! We can’t wait to go back. This is our second trip and this time we got married!!! June 29, 2013 was an incredible day. The ceremony was done by The Sands on the beach. It was magical!! The only way to get married! We had 48 of our closest friends and family stay at the sands and every one of them loved it. The staff is so friendly and helpful. They made us feel like family. The atmosphere is incredibly calm, relaxing and beautiful. Hemingway’s food is fresh & delicious. The kitchen in the room is so handy. We went food shopping and filled the fridge. We made our own coffee every morning. All of our guests took advantage of the snorkel gear, hobies , paddleboards , kayaks and the bikes. The shopping area is a 2 min bike ride from The Sands. The beach is like nothing we have ever seen before. When you are on the website for the sands and wonder if the beach, grounds and rooms actually look like the pictures…the answer is YES! Clean rooms, beautiful gardens and so much more. If you are thinking about having a destination wedding or renewing your vows this is the place to do it. The prices are reasonable and the Resort is stunning. I was able to get a Mani Pedi at Spa Tropique It was very relaxing. Thank you all at The Sands for making my husband and I feel so welcome. We can’t wait to see you all again. Gary & Christina Haber

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used this hotel as the place for all of our guests to stay for our wedding in Turks and Caicos. They gave us a great group rate and everyone loved the hotel. We would definitely recommend this resort to other couples getting married.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
2+ years ago

Wonderful service from everyone involved with our wedding planning from beginning to end. Would recommend to anyone looking for people who know what they are doing, are courteous, kind and above all professional.

Sara
11/05/2011

The Sands was great, we had our rehearsal dinner at Hemingway's and then s'mores, cigars and cognac by a bonfire on the beach. The whole crew at The Sands was amazing and all of our guests had the best time. We even had Quinton play for us, truly an exceptional evening! To be able to handle a party of 111 people, you know they have to be good at what they do.

Amber
05/09/2014
3.6

Our wedding was fabulous - simple and beautiful. It was exactly what we were looking for. The Sands at Grace Bay was a perfect venue for our wedding as well as a beautiful place for our guests to stay. The only issue that they really need to work on is responsiveness during the planning stages. I would sometimes wait a week or more before getting a response to a question. At one point I was concerned that perhaps my contact was no longer employed there. I completely understand that they are busy, but even a quick email acknowledging that my questions were received and would be responded to in a few days would've been helpful. It is difficult and slightly stressful to plan a wedding from afar, so responsiveness from the wedding planner is extremely important. With that being said, everything came together perfectly for our wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning