The Romanesque Room & Castle Catering

(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The entire staff was just wonderful to work with over at The Romanesque Room. Ron and Starla were extremely accomodating with all of our needs. Starla in particular is a bride's best friend. She was such a doll. Any request or question I had was answered very quickly which allowed me to work more efficiently with all my other vendors. The main man, Duane Hall, is the go-to guy for all venue-related requests. He was dilligent, friendly and above all eager to make our wedding day as perfect as can be. You really can't ask for better customer service. Also, as a bonus...since they've accumulated a lot of
things over the years, they let you use whatever they have that you need at no extra cost. For instance, we had our ceremony outside in the garden area. They let us borrow their wedding arbor. We also borrowed their gorgeous cake pan. Such a wonderful group to work with while we planned our wedding. I highly recommend this venue and its staff!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Kelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we started planning our wedding, my fiancé and I had one objective: and that was to make the process as simple as possible! Thanks to the staff at the Romanesque Room, this objective was met.
We first came across the Romanesque Room through a wedding website.I sent an email inquiry to receive more information and within 24 hours, Ron (the owner) gave me a call. He patiently discussed with me every aspect of renting the venue, and answered all my questions. We set up an appointment to go visit the venue in person, as soon as we arrived we were graciously received by him. Right away he showcased a very professional yet laid back demeanor. He went over budget numbers, catering, set-ups, etc. He also allows you to bring your own liquor. An option to provide an open bar at a convenient price? Why, yes please! Needless to say my fiancé and I left with a very good feeling after our first visit and decided to lock in the place. After that, it couldn’t have been easier. We had a couple of meetings leading up to the event. Ron and his lovely wife - Starla were always available to go over our needs. If you need something extra, the chances are they have it at your disposal and free of charge (easles, cake stand, etc). The day of the actual wedding my fiancé and I did not have to worry about a thing. Everything was set up exactly the way we had discussed.Our event coordinators that day were always on hand to provide anything we needed. One thing we also fancied from the venue is that besides the banquet area, there is also a bar area and an outdoor patio. Our guests had a good time mingling at the different areas throughout the evening. All of the comments from our guests after the wedding were positive; they all loved the ambiance and the staff's attentiveness. I can't recommend this place enough for your event needs! They really make sure that you have a good time - and if that is your goal, well then you have come to the right place.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wedding venue came out beautiful, better than imagined. Staff was very friendly and always trying to help in anyway possible. They are very involved and kept in contact all the way to our wedding day!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Patrick and Cora
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved this place and working with Ron made the event that much more enjoyable. He was easy to get in touch with, helped us work within our budget and was overall very reliable. The place was beautiful and everything just seemed to fall into place on the day of, which I am sure is due to the amazing efforts of the owner and staff. I couldn't be happier that my husband and I chose to get married at the beautiful Romanesque Room.

• Wedding: 07/08/2014
PAH
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Castle Catering did an absolutely wonderful job with our wedding. Ron Hobbs, who runs Castle Catering, is a genuinely nice person who is invested in providing excellent service. Down to the last detail Ron and his wife Starla made sure everything was perfect and to our liking, and brought a sense of calm every time we met with them. The food was excellent! Ron's team provided appetizers and two food stations (including the popular mashed potato martini). In addition, we decided to have Armenian food and we were able to do that as Ron actually provides a unique service through his restaurant partners program,

We had our wedding at the Castle Green next door and for anyone considering having their wedding there, I would highly recommend using Castle Catering. Castle Catering provides a secure storage space conveniently located in the same building for various articles you may want to leave the day prior (such as my wedding dress for example!) as well as gifts and other items that you may not want to take home the same night. In addition, Ron assists with parking validations, which was a tremendous help!

Ron's team is amazing! We had a complicated macaroon display and they allowed us to store the cookies in their fridge overnight. They also helped us with the decor and dessert stations. They were so attentive and nice, which made a big difference. Lastly, as one illustration of how they went above and beyond, one of the guys working in the kitchen (Luke) went as far as to volunteer his own pair of pants (which we forgot to bring) for the ceremony; “The show must go on!” he said. Furthermore, Ron ran over to Macy's during the ceremony and bought us another pair of pants for the reception. This speaks to their commitment and genuine interest in our wedding day! In conclusion, for a caterer with terrific food who thinks of everything and still manages to graciously deal with any last-minute drama, choose Castle Catering!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Kristina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used the Romanesque Room at Castle Catering for our 230-people wedding reception and we loved it. Throughout the whole planning process, Ron and Starla were very responsive. Starla always responded to emails within minutes. They readily answered our many questions.

Ron and Starla were very professional and treated our wishes with the utmost respect. They made us feel completely comfortable in trusting them to make our vision a reality. Even though Ron was feeling sick, he made sure that he was there on our wedding day so that everything would go smoothly. From the servers to the bartenders, all of the staff that we worked with on the wedding day were professional, kind, and helpful.

The Romanesque Room at Castle Catering was an awesome value. They were very flexible and allowed us to use anything they had with no extra charges or hidden fees. Some examples of things that we used were mirrored rounds for the centerpieces and table number stands. They also allowed us to borrow an easel for a picture at the church where we had our ceremony. Ron and Starla were also flexible on the food. They allowed us to bring in traditional Indonesian food and let us take hot trays home to the lady who cooked the food so that she could put the food directly in the trays. Finally, Castle Catering allows you to bring your own alcohol, which saved us a lot of money. They recommended The Bottle Shop, who they work with all the time, and The Bottle Shop delivers all the alcohol directly to the Romanesque Room and will take back any unopened bottles. We were able to have a full open bar for much cheaper than if we used a hotel or other banquet hall.

In summary, working with Ron and Starla at Castle Catering was very easy. They are both such pleasant and lovely people and made our wedding so great. We are extremely satisfied with our choice for our wedding venue, and we highly recommend the Romanesque Room at Castle Catering to anyone!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ron and his team did an amazing job on my wedding day. We were getting married at the historical Castle Green and Ron did everything possible to make sure my event went as planned! He took care of all the loose ends without ever complaining. Thank you!

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wanted to take the time to thank everyone at castle catering. All of you were so kind and professional, and from the first time I met with you I knew I would be in good hands. My wedding is excellent proof of that. I know that things got chaotic, but you and your staff were always helpful and attentive to the last detail. And yes I noticed all the lovely things you added that we didn't even talk about to coordinate with our theme from the purple ties the staff wore on the day to the asian decor displays around the food and purple pillows on the patio couch! As a detail person, I have never felt so comfortable to let someone else step in and take care of things until I met with you. Planning a celebration like this was such a rollercoaster and a learning experience, but out of everyone we worked with, you were the ones who held our hands told us how to make it better and simpler, and in return gave us a day that we truly will never forget. It doesn't seem enough to say thank you because you made our day so special and wonderful. Just know that this wedding present you have given us--of our entire special day--is a gift we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

For future brides: the food was incredible and the service was amazing. The facilities are beautiful with romanesque arches and even a small garden and patio area. This company is well organized and price conscious. Unlike many other venues and vendors, they worked with other restaurants and vendors easily. We had sushi brought it from our favorite sushi place without outiside fees. They also have a great setup for providing alcohol for your event by working another vendor--again no corkage fees and you only buy what has been opened the rest gets returned and you don't have to pay for it. There are no sound restrictions and there is parking right across the street. Ladies--they have everything covered and have been in business almost as long as I have been alive! They really know what they are doing and are incredibly supportive in the emotional or indecisive moments, and step in wonderfully when you need help. I am truly grateful to have worked with Castle Catering for my wedding.

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Castle Catering is a full service catering company that offers everything from food, decor options and venue. Ron and Starla were the sweetest people to work within planning my reception. After our first meeting with them, we knew we wanted to work with them. We chose The Romanesque Room to hold our event and it was the perfect venue for us. It had old world charm with gorgeous arched ceilings but had the flexibility for us to do lighting and decor just the way we wanted. The venue accomodated 200 guests easily with a ballroom, cocktail room, and patio area all to ourselves without having to run into other parties. Aside from the venue, our guests loved the hors d'oerves and buttercream strawberry cake!

• Wedding: 11/13/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just can't say enough wonderful things about Castle Catering (CC) and its manager, Beverly. I was immediately interested in CC as soon as we met with Beverly - she was professional, honest, and helpful. What sealed the deal for us to choose CC was when we attended their tasting with many others considering their service. They had a full bar, passed and stationed appetizers and a full sit-down dinner complete with many types of cake to choose from. But what really impressed me was a conversation I had with the server managing the crab cakes station - she had been working with CC for over 13 years!!!! Being able to retain staff who still seemed excited by their job for that long is more than impressive.

On the day of our wedding, Beverly and her team took care of EVERYTHING flawlessly. And, the coordinated very well with all of our other wedding vendors. I have referred several people to Castle Catering, and will continue to do so in the future.

• Wedding: 11/17/2001
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Pros: Reasonably priced, great customer service, accommodating, no nickel and diming.
Con: They do not accept credit cards
In April 2014, my husband and I hired Castle Catering to do our wedding. We worked directly with the owners, who did not nickel and dime us to death on anything. In fact, they encouraged us to use as many of their decorations, table settings, etc. as they had and at no extra charge. They were very accommodating and even agreed to let us use their facility for our rehearsal dinner on their birthday, the night before our wedding. I was very thankful for that and it was a huge success. They made the venue really beautiful and we had so many compliments. They work closely with other vendors that are also very accommodating and reasonably priced. The only con was that they do not accept credit cards, which as you know, weddings are expensive and most of us only have credit, not cash. We were able to somehow scrounge up the cash and are actually thankful that we did because now we do not have that extra debt. Overall we had a great experience working with them and going forward we plan to use them again. It was well worth it. They were very sweet and even gave us a wedding gift. I definitely recommend using them. –Gina & Eric

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Gina
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Romanesque room was perfect for our venue needs and budget. Not only were they affordable and the space beautiful, but we were able to come in throughout the week to bring things and begin to set up on our own, which saved me a lot of money for a wedding coordinator needing to set things up with limited time the morning of (as long as there was no other event that weekend they allow this). We were able to bring our own alcohol since my husband brews his own beer, that was very important to us. Having the wedding outside, the cocktail hour, and then the spectacular ball room for our reception was very convent for guests not to travel around for each event. There was also an entire room of things that you could borrow for the event that had been left behind by other people, needed a trellis for flowers? Didn't need to rent one from the florist, just have the florist use the one from the venue. Like mirrored rounds for your centerpieces? They have it, vases for the buffet table, covered. It was great that they did not nickel and dime you for these extra items, I had been to one ranch that even to the knife you borrowed was $5 extra, that plate, $7, etc, that all adds up quick! I do recommend making sure you keep all of your paperwork straight as we had some confusion on what was "included" and what would be extra once the final check was due. Everything was worked out very well in the end, but it helped a lot that I had my original quote cost paperwork. Ron and his wife are lovely people to work with.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having first met Castle Catering professionally and using them for many events I was extremely pleased and they were an obvious option to us when we were looking into locations for our wedding. After meeting with Beverly at Castle Catering and realizing that they could meet our budget and after walking into the Romanesque Room, there was NO question in our minds that this was the location that we had to use. The room is gorgeous and exceptionally warm/wet and was able to provide the "family feel" we were searching for. Our final count was 200 people and the Romanesque Room did not feel crowded or too large for our guests. The food was incredible, our cake was light and not too sweet or sugary and all our guests were amazed at everything from the lighting to the food to the wonderful gardens outside.

• Wedding: 06/30/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were absolutely floored with the WONDERFUL food & service we received from this caterer. Beverly was great in all levels. We loved the warm, old world charm the romanesque room has, it was perfect for us! We had 150 guests but the room didn't feel empty or too crowded. One drawback is that the candles that we worked so hard on were not lit due to the staffs lack of knowledge of the fire permit being paid. We did get our money back for the fire permit, but I was stuck with over 100 candles that were not lit. Remember to ask for ALL YOUR ITEMS BACK, we didn't get our cake topper back.

• Wedding: 10/11/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Castle Catering did our catering and we were absolutely delighted with the quality of their food! Beverly was absolutely wonderful and very flexible with us. She made it possible for us to have a special tasting appointment set up and was great about explaining what things to expect and prepare for. The only set back on this review and the reason I gave them 4 starts instead of 5 on Quality of Service and Professionalism was due to one of their bar tenders who worked our event. He was very rude and condesending to several of our guests, including to now husband! We really did not appreciate this at all. Other than that everything was exactly what we expected.

• Wedding: 09/26/2009
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Castle Catering provided the food and wedding cake for our reception. They were easy to work with, the food was wonderful (especially since we were doing a vegetarian menu), the cake was beautiful. Everyone complimented the food. Great value! We looked in LA for something that was affordable and this was by far our best option with a great result!

• Wedding: 01/19/2003
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
626-792-4444
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire